AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-23, 18:48   Link #41
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, seems that Junna has no hard feelings when she lost to Karen Aijou. Of course, my worry is about the Top 2 Stage Girls, Maya Tendou and Claudine Saijou. Both girls are quite strong that Karen might lose against them.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 07:19   Link #42
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 3 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 12:42   Link #43
4th Dimension

Man, this was a MUCH better fight than the one in the last episode. Tendou living up to her hype.

I wonder how this entire changing stage business goes. I'm thinking anything goes as long as you can tie it in as a metaphor and like and seamlessly insert it into the narrative.

That might be Karen's hangup. She knows how to fight, but doesn't have the flair for the stage to change the script on the fly seamlessly.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 21:18   Link #44
ValvraveTruth

Actually people have over exaggerate a bit on the metaphor/sumbolism/euphemisim, I mean it does exist but not as strong as you think. Episode 3 stage settings and most importantly the swan-like bird were based on a theatre play, which of course mirrored the stage actress Tendo Maya. Whatsmore the song she sang was not about herself but for Claudine, its kinda like a passionate love song to Claudine.

Last edited by ValvraveTruth; 2018-07-27 at 22:20.
ValvraveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 21:26   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I was already liking this show a lot, but Episode 3 definitely takes it to an even higher level, in my opinion. At this point, it's my favorite anime of the season.

It was fun watching Karen get off to a fast start in the first two episodes, but I think having her lose in Episode 3 is good for the show and probably good for Karen's character. Having Karen suffer real setbacks makes things more interesting, and less predictable. And Tendo Maya certainly came across as very impressive in Episode 3. It was good to watch her live up to the hype surrounding her.

Finally, the fight itself was highly engaging and entertaining!
Old 2018-07-28, 07:45   Link #46
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Getting more details on the other girls is good. Haven't memorized their names yet... but each one seems to be a nice person - it's just they compete hard for the lead roles.

Mahiru-san notice right away when a person becomes close to Karen... Mahiru you're starting to get the trait of jealous yandere. ><

They try to bribe Banana-chan.

Sleepy girl's real personality is what surprised me the most.. she has some serious talk with Mahiru in the bath tub.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 08:30   Link #47
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Mahiru-san notice right away when a person becomes close to Karen... Mahiru you're starting to get the trait of jealous yandere. ><
Well Love Judgement needs to be charged for her performance

Quote:
Sleepy girl's real personality is what surprised me the most.. she has some serious talk with Mahiru in the bath tub.
That was suprising. Which is nice. She isn't just personification of the tired girl trope.

Old 2018-07-28, 22:55   Link #48
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Maya Tendou too stronk! Gotta say that Karen Aijou will have climb a longer ladder if she has a shot of taking out the number one contender for the Top Star.

On the other hand, can't wait for the other Stage Girls to fight for the coveted tiara.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 05:52   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well Love Judgement needs to be charged for her performance
Would probably be charged some more if Hikari starts to sleep in Karen-chan's bed.

Quote:
That was suprising. Which is nice. She isn't just personification of the tired girl trope.
I want to see if sleepy girl is planning something. We haven't seen her fight yet.
Old 2018-07-29, 17:16   Link #50
videoman190

Bribing is wrong.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 17:20   Link #51
Magewolf

Some good background and analyse about the show from Nearly on Red.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 18:53   Link #52
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Some pics.

Old 2018-07-29, 20:13   Link #53
alex_drian

Communication issues always have been a problem in this kind of stories, but at least here is the excuse of confidentiality.

I'm sure the paper plain means something, but eludes me.

Btw, there is someone that seems off to me.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 06:49   Link #54
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 08:39.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 23:02   Link #55
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 4 Comments/Feedback:
Old 2018-08-04, 09:47   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

Nice to see that everyone really is a nice person for covering up for Karen and Hikari.

Poor Mahiru waiting.. she can't even get a hug from Karen-chan. ><

Bananice. xD
Old 2018-08-04, 16:31   Link #57
4th Dimension

Quote:
Watched episode 4:

Nice to see that everyone really is a nice person for covering up for Karen and Hikari.

Poor Mahiru waiting.. she can't even get a hug from Karen-chan. ><

Bananice. xD
Yeah, Mahiru waiting like a wife waiting for her good for nothing husband to crawl back home after a night out drinking

Episode wise, it is a nice episode and gives all of the characters things to do. Probably the first one where all of them have a chance for their quirks to bounce off each other. Compared to this the bit before the fight in Ep 1 is BLAND AS HECK.
I only have two tiny complaints.

1) I'm not sure the recap in the middle really works for all.
I think it's kinda a cool idea I'm not sure they land well. The idea was to avoid having to dedicate entire episode to them catching up on what happened to each of them and like and instead they used that sequence of out of context lines with the time of day changing to show that they were talking all day (and blew their phone bills) and by now after that heart to heart should be besties again. But that I don't think connects on emotional level for us viewers as much as an ACTUAL conversation would have. This is akin to the writter having the narrator say outright "And then the two girls talked their asses off (and blew their phone bills) and reconnected, and are now once again besties".

2) This episode I think is there to show Karen and Hikari deciding to give their all and such and explain why they perform better. But still no real reason is given and Hikari is still pointlessly mute about her complaints. At least I didn't get much out of her "explanation".

Old 2018-08-06, 09:32   Link #58
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Yeah, Mahiru waiting like a wife waiting for her good for nothing husband to crawl back home after a night out drinking

Episode wise, it is a nice episode and gives all of the characters things to do. Probably the first one where all of them have a chance for their quirks to bounce off each other. Compared to this the bit before the fight in Ep 1 is BLAND AS HECK.
I only have two tiny complaints.

1) I'm not sure the recap in the middle really works for all.
I think it's kinda a cool idea I'm not sure they land well. The idea was to avoid having to dedicate entire episode to them catching up on what happened to each of them and like and instead they used that sequence of out of context lines with the time of day changing to show that they were talking all day (and blew their phone bills) and by now after that heart to heart should be besties again. But that I don't think connects on emotional level for us viewers as much as an ACTUAL conversation would have. This is akin to the writter having the narrator say outright "And then the two girls talked their asses off (and blew their phone bills) and reconnected, and are now once again besties".

2) This episode I think is there to show Karen and Hikari deciding to give their all and such and explain why they perform better. But still no real reason is given and Hikari is still pointlessly mute about her complaints. At least I didn't get much out of her "explanation".

YouTube

This guy goes into what makes ep 4 tick. might help you grasp what's going on.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-06, 10:20   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Yeah, and Mahiru even says now that she's jealous Karen went out looking for Hikari. Best girl keeps on suffering.

Anyway, I do wonder if it's possible for two people to be at the top of the stage..

Also there's something about giving up something important if lose one more time? We might see the giraffe do some evil things soon.
Old 2018-08-11, 17:01   Link #60
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 5 Comments/Feedback: