Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 19:17   Link #281
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It would be viewed as a spectrum, not a contrast.
I agree.

Gender is not devised on one clear contrast - it is absolutely dependent on societal conditioning. Of a certain time, place, culture and the dominating belief. For instance what is considered 'feminine' and 'masculine' in 2007 is not the same as the view 50 years ago - nor what it will be in 50 years from now. And what is considered masculine and feminine at present in Turkey is not the same as in Australia or Brazil or Japan.

Moreover even if we were to decide on some prevailing description for 'masculine' and 'feminine' themselves (as they stand currently), there are different applicable levels - certain women have what we consider 'masculine' traits (given by the dominating view) and some men more 'feminine'. And that is certainly not indicative of sexuality either - contrary to the stereotype.

I think people are interchanging 'sex' with gender - and there is even an argument there that sex definitions are totally constructed by ourselves. Because people desire and 'need' an opposite.

I don't know how this totally ties in with Blue Drop. It's v unlikely that the animators cared about all this - but as an 'idea' it is totally feasible that the Arume do not view the outfit in the same way 'we' do. It may even be the done thing, a 'true' commander outfit. People are applying their own societal conditions of gender and 'sexiness' - and they don't apply so clearly to a race which removes the constraints of gender behaviour.

Afterall, all the aliens are female - but not all of them are 'feminine'.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 19:20   Link #282
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Curiousity got the better of me and I checked out this already infamous Tenshi no Bokura. It's positively weird that it has so much nudity and sex plus furigana. Oh well, this gives me a chance to get at least part of the plot, so I won't complain.

And what we refer as feminine is largely a representation of the ideal or the tradition for a woman, how she is supposed to look, what she is supposed to do. So in a race of only females, the same look and behaviour might not have the same name because it would be like calling femininity humanity but since the Blue Drop aliens seem very much interested in sex the behaviour and looks we call feminine are probably very appealing to at least some of the aliens.

I was writing this for too long, I see Diodati has already expressed what I was desperately trying to find words for, so I will just agree with Diodati's post.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 19:46   Link #283
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Well it is hard to be intrested in asexual reproduction. I don't even think that asexual beings are very interested in asexual reproduction. While one might write about such creatures as background in a story, they are rarely of tremendous interest to an author.
Just to be clear, the Arume do not reproduce asexually. They're able to reproduce with human females, leading to some speculation on some slight biological differences between human women and Arume. The manga repeatedly confirms that we're not dealing with an entire race of futanari, though - at least not in the connotation most people understand it.
And they seem to have extremely strong libidos. I wouldn't be surprised if their purpose on earth has a lot to do with human females.

Quote:
Finally... as for feminity only existing in contrast to masculity, you're really not looking at the world. Many things exist without needing opposites to contrast themselves against. Greater feminity would still exist in contrast to less feminity. It would be viewed as a spectrum, not a contrast.
*Nods*
Just look at episode 3 of the anime. They're obviously feminine, but they seem to have a spectrum of that in which some individuals are closer to feminine human women in manner and appearance and others are closer to more tomboy-ish or butch women. It would also seem that these two groups form two pseudo-genders, with their dispositions polarizing, to some extent, their interests in other Arume. Whether this is the norm or just the case with the one couple we saw featured remains to be seen, however.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 01:33   Link #284
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
And they (the Arume) seem to have extremely strong libidos. I wouldn't be surprised if their purpose on earth has a lot to do with human females.
In other words, the entire story is basically a yuri version of Earth Girls Are Easy.

(Hey, ladies! Check out the size of my space battleship! Want me to show you the Emul Drive?)
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 07:28   Link #285
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Actually, I just finished all of Tenshi no Bokura, and...
Wait, there's more than just the first chapter scanlated?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 08:40   Link #286
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
In other words, the entire story is basically a yuri version of Earth Girls Are Easy.
What? Did anyone say Ask DNA?

(psst, listen to the lyrics to understand what I'm talking about )

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 05:02   Link #287
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Weird... I could've sworn I made a post here earlier today

Gah, I missed something that important? I fail at observation

Spoiler for corrections:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Why am I not freakin surprised honestly do you really need invade for that. Hell Id offer my self up in a heartbeat
I wouldn't do that if I were you. You could end up like Kenzou or Ami or Shouko
The Arume are... not good people.

Quote:
So now that i have seen all these spoilers im kind of confused. If i read the manga and keep watching the anime should everything explain it self properly? Or would recommend waiting to finish the anime then reading the manga?
If you're already spoiled, you might as well, I guess. I just got more excited about the anime after reading them.
Old 2007-10-27, 08:25   Link #288
PastPrime

I would say that they were going about it the hard way.
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:24   Link #289
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Shouldn't the last 25 or so posts be moved to the manga forum?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:36   Link #290
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Shouldn't the last 25 or so posts be moved to the manga forum?
Uh, good point. Because basically these are future Manga Spoilers, if you apply the rules hard here... But i think, that was no intentional.But, as we saw in Claymore. The anime can turn other points out, as the Manga. The "Red Line"(Story) must not be the same for the Anime here. Why send the "master Commander" a probe after Maru, for finding something out, if they are after the human Males?
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 21:23   Link #291
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, since there is no manga forum for Blue Drop, and hardly anyone who isn't following the anime even knows it exists, I guess it was inevitable the manga talk would end up here. Not sure how the spoiler policy works, since the only thing about the anime that can be spoiled by the manga is that
Spoiler for just in case not everyone knows:

This thread has been moving at quite a clip lately, though, and the series seems somewhat popular, so maybe it'll get its own subforum.

As for talking about the anime... well... it's been a while since the third episode was subbed. The main plot is only just now starting to pick up, so there's really not much to talk about. Notice that this thread exploded once people became aware of the manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-27, 22:58   Link #292
mdauben

Unhappy

Quote:
Well, since there is no manga forum for Blue Drop,
You don't really need a dedicated "Blue Drop Manga" forum, just start a "Blue Drop" thread in the regular manga forum.

Quote:
Not sure how the spoiler policy works,
I'm actually supprised this has gone on as long as it has, since I have seen the mods quickly go through and delete entire posts when people started including manga spoilers in anime thread.

Just for myself, I wish everyone would stop it. I'm not reading the manga but I am watching the anime, and it's become impossible for anime viewers to read this thread withough getting spoiled from people posting info from the manga.

Please, stop.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:11   Link #293
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can't see any reason for manga spoilers not to be posted -- as long as they are within spoiler tags and labelled as "spoiler for manga."

This is especially so for Blue Drop, since the manga stories have very little to do with the story in the anime. But anything from the manga should definitely be scrupulously kept in spoiler tags.

I also think that anything that is on the official site (such as the timeline) should be allowed. That should go in spoilers, too, however, since viewing the official site is definitely optional.

It is really unfair to post anything outside of spoilers that could tell people what happens in the anime, or what the mangas say will happen in the anime's future. There are some threads I just can't read, since people put all kinds of spoilers -- even just broad hints -- outside of tags.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:35   Link #294
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Just for myself, I wish everyone would stop it. I'm not reading the manga but I am watching the anime, and it's become impossible for anime viewers to read this thread withough getting spoiled from people posting info from the manga.

Please, stop.
Well, start talking about the anime and I'll gladly join in. Something in particular you'd like to talk about?
Old 2007-10-27, 23:37   Link #295
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I can't see any reason for manga spoilers not to be posted -- as long as they are within spoiler tags and labelled as "spoiler for manga."
From the Forum Guidlines at the top of the Fansub forum:

Quote:
As always use spoiler tags where appropriate. Not everyone likes to be spoiled. Never put spoilers in the thread's main title as this will be displayed for everyone to see. If you decide to use spoiler tags please mark them appropriately, getting spoiled from a incorrectly marked spoiler tag is no fun. I understand many Anime series are also available in manga form. Please keep all manga related discussion in the Manga Forum. In doing so this will prevent confusion and keep accidental manga spoilers down to the minimum. Any deliberate use of posting spoilers without spoiler tags and exclusive manga material can be deleted and possibly bans could be handed out.
I'm not trying to be a spoil sport, but it is against forum policy and when and if the mods notice, they are at the very least going to delete all of it. Shrug. I won't belabor the point any more, I'm not a mod and I don't wish to come across as a "mod-wannabe" so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Well, start talking about the anime and I'll gladly join in. Something in particular you'd like to talk about?
At this point, I am mainly waiting for the next episode. This most recent one (ep 3) introduced a lot of information and a couple new characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they fit into the story.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:46   Link #296
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
At this point, I am mainly waiting for the next episode. This most recent one (ep 3) introduced a lot of information and a couple new characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they fit into the story.
Which is why we've been passing the time talking about the manga - there's not much to say about the anime at this point. But if it's really bothering you that badly, I guess we can make a separate thread for the manga.
Old 2007-10-28, 02:46   Link #297
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'd say you guys keep on flooding the thread so we can have a separate subforum for this series (and then you'll be able to discuss the manga more thoroughly)

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 06:34   Link #298
Seska

Well, you don't need to be Admin or Moderator to open a new Thread in the Manga section...

How about "BLUE DROP ~Tenshitachi no Gikyoku~ (Manga)"? link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56986

But then we need an Moderators job, to move some Manga stuff into it...
edit: i've send the Admins and Moderators an hint. Hope someone will do it..

Oops....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Ok, just watched the first episode, and as the yuri lover I am, I'll be sticking with this.

I would have preferred an anime adaptation of the BLUE DROP ~Tenshi no Bokura~ manga, but oh well.

Ahh btw, that BLUE DROP ~Tenshi no Itazura~ manga that I mentioned in the second post of this thread, turned out to be only a one shot manga its only a 16 pages manga that appeared in Vol 2 of the shounen manga magazine Champion RED Ichigo.

But at least the BLUE DROP ~Tenshi no Bokura~ manga is a serialized manga, can't wait to get my hands on high quality scans of the released tankoubon :P shounen yuri manga FTW :P
Do we really need an extra Manga section thread for a short one?.. Should have seen it sooner.. My bad...

Last edited by Seska; 2007-10-28 at 06:46.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 09:38   Link #299
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hi folks. I have moved most of the posts that are discussing the manga from this thread to the manga thread Seska created in the Manga section of the forum. Please use that thread for further discussion of the manga. Regardless how the story progresses corresponding to the manga counterpart, any further manga discussions' taking place in the anime-only thread will be deleted from here on.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 10:04   Link #300
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
From the Forum Guidlines at the top of the Fansub forum:....
Most of that quote was about spoilers in general, with one quick reference that might be taken to refer to talking about the manga even in spoilers. Is it really the rule that one can't even mention things in spoilers? If so, I don't get it. I personally don't care what people talk about in clearly marked spoilers, which I can avoid. But of course I'll follow whatever the rule is.

A continuous discussion of the manga such as we have had here certainly belongs in its own forum, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri