AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 05:14   Link #1421
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Number on the right is cumulative. Left is within a week.

44 **,401 **1,480 *2 伝说の勇者の伝说 第1巻
41 -- *1,149 **1,149 *1 伝说の勇者の伝说 第2巻

DVD/BD sales need to go up by another 4000 for a second season.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 07:05   Link #1422
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post

Doenst look likely. And this show is sort of very confusing with too much stuff thrown in it gets hard to understand which doesn't help its popularity.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 07:16   Link #1423
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post

First week sales of BDVD DYD1 sold less than BDVD DYD2? That's rare. How long has DYD2 been out though?

It's hard to hope for a massive snowball effect with these kind of numbers, but if it can show an increment over volumes, maybe there's hope.

Maybe.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 07:19   Link #1424
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

It's been out since 11/25, but I can't seem to find any numbers beyond first week.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 10:20   Link #1425
Bombo
TSF Fans

8/10
I really like it this series and great ending in S1

When the S2!!? Any news for it?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 11:28   Link #1426
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I enjoyed the show. Give it 7/10 .
Last episode was confuse but well , maybe a 2nd season and i hope for that.
Seems like Ryner only knows Izuchi. But that was a touching moment with Sion.
Ferris too was great. New clothes at the end. Wow , there are dango shops everywhere :O ^^
Open ending.. need moar..

Question : Who was the sorta "goddess" in Ryner ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:53   Link #1427
Kenagalaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
REVIEW TIME !!!

note: My opinion stated here was formed as back as the third episode and never changed along the way.

Spoiler for wall of text:
LOL, you keep using that word, 'irony' but it obviously does not mean what you think it means.

If you actually know what irony means and know how to actually use it in a sentence, or like sophisticated light novels, like Saiunkoku Monogatari, Twelve Kingdoms, and Guin Saga, then you might like this story.

On a very deep level, the story is a very depressing tragedy. This story balances the dark underlying theme by humor that take itself less than seriously, initially at the superficial level, including the title. The author of this story takes these initially superficial elements (jokes) and grows (evolves) them into cornerstones of the plot and character development. This plot is further woven by a almost parallel tragedy that took place in ancient times that unfolds as the story progresses. The end result is a unique literary experience that poetically balances humor and tragedy.

If you don't know the meaning of irony, only enjoy plotless sh*t blowing up, or genuinely believe Code Geass was made before Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, then yeah, you might not like it, especially because the author of this story employs a plethora of literary devices to push the plot forward, one of which is tragic irony, which for the unsophisticated is perceived as; "Damn, so many dialogues about so many events I hardly cared about." It is also ironic that this poster incorrectly calls unexpected coincidences as "irony", yet actually fails to identify the true irony in the plot of the story.

On another note, I do wish they had expanded more on the Goddess of Fate in Milky that fell in love with the Lonely Demon. Did anyone put together the voice that read that short story at the beginning of ep24?

Last edited by Kenagalaz; 2010-12-19 at 13:08.
Kenagalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 13:24   Link #1428
larethian

all I can say is that this story is not meant for kids wwww.
well, as a supplementary comment, the title sounded that way only because of the translation in English. it didn't really sound that silly to me in Japanese. not that it was translated poorly, since I've given some thought but it didn't turn out that good. The Mythology of the Legendary Heroes? The Legend of the Mythical Heroes? The Lore Behind the Legendary Heroes? whatever.

and Sho, Ryner knows tons of spells, just for your info.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 13:30   Link #1429
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenagalaz View Post
LOL, you keep using that word, 'irony' but it obviously does not mean what you think it means.

If you actually know what irony means and know how to actually use it in a sentence, or like sophisticated light novels, like Saiunkoku Monogatari, Twelve Kingdoms, and Guin Saga, then you might like this story.

On a very deep level, the story is a very depressing tragedy. This story balances the dark underlying theme by humor that take itself less than seriously, initially at the superficial level, including the title. The author of this story takes these initially superficial elements (jokes) and grows (evolves) them into cornerstones of the plot and character development. This plot is further woven by a almost parallel tragedy that took place in ancient times that unfolds as the story progresses. The end result is a unique literary experience that poetically balances humor and tragedy.

If you don't know the meaning of irony, only enjoy plotless sh*t blowing up, or genuinely believe Code Geass was made before Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, then yeah, you might not like it, especially because the author of this story employs a plethora of literary devices to push the plot forward, one of which is tragic irony, which for the unsophisticated is perceived as; "Damn, so many dialogues about so many events I hardly cared about." It is also ironic that this poster incorrectly calls unexpected coincidences as "irony", yet actually fails to identify the true irony in the plot of the story.

On another note, I do wish they had expanded more on the Goddess of Fate in Milky that fell in love with the Lonely Demon. Did anyone put together the voice that read that short story at the beginning of ep24?
If this board had a "Like" button for comments. I would have pressed it 10x for your rebuttal here!
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 13:41   Link #1430
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

and Sho, Ryner knows tons of spells, just for your info.
Yes , i don't doubt that but , until now , he just showing a lot of Izuchi or the speed spell.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 13:47   Link #1431
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yes , i don't doubt that but , until now , he just showing a lot of Izuchi or the speed spell.
Ryner uses Izuchi a lot because it easily incapacitates people, but doesn't kill them. Unlike Kuuri, Kurenai, Mizumi, ect... which are all more destructive than he sees as necessary to handle most situations; since he hates hurting people.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 15:04   Link #1432
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

people these days are into that K-ON moe stuff so I doubt many people would buy this.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 16:46   Link #1433
libba
nepenthes rajah

I can't believe that just one person said Sion is similar to Berserk's Griffith. He's like that guy's younger (and less badass) brother. He looks the same, save for eye color. He talks the same, sometimes down to exact sentences. He even used to dress in a similar way. I'm not even talking about his dream. There are a few scenes that look almost like a direct reference.
It doesn't even look like a similar character archetype or a coincidence, it looks like an homage of a sort.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:03   Link #1434
giorno

well, let's see here:

Sion is willing to sacrifice anything, including himself, for the sake of others(the world at large in this case)

Griffith is willing to sacrifice anything, including the world at large, for himself

but other than that, yeah, they're similar................
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:13   Link #1435
libba
nepenthes rajah

Well, we don't know what Griffith needed his "castle" for, he might have wanted to change the world, too. But what we know is that he thinks his goal is above everything. He is willing to sacrifice himself, too - it is explicitly said that one has to "sacrifice a part of their soul". But this is irrelevant on this anime's thread. He appears to be much less altruistic and kind-hearted, I'll give you that, and much less of a pacifist.

Just think about the rest:
- exotic physical appearance, completely, save for eye color - check (they could be brothers easily)
- strategist, "chessmaster", and warrior at the same time - check (that was a military academy after all)
- behaves nicely towards people he dislikes while making plans to deal with them - check
- courteous and mannerly even when in a state of rage - check
- cold-blooded and smart - check
- rises through the ranks of an "old world" fantasy country despite being a commoner - check
- hated because of this - check
- barely avoids being killed by court types, escapes via bloodshed - check
- adored by common people, uses it for extra influence - check
- makes speeches about dreams while basking in sunlight - check
- obviously has no close friends at first, only subordinates and people to use - check
- draws people to him because of his angelic charisma and is aware of it - check
- willing to stop at nothing to reach a high, pretty much unrealistic goal - check
- says things like "I want you, and I'll have you" - check
- hides his true emotions - check

It's incredible. I've never seen such an open similarity.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:04   Link #1436
Tiberium Wolf

9/10. One of the best series of 2010. I just hope that there is S2. I have 1 complain is the art of the ep that Tiir appears. Horrible art. I wish ppl would stop experimenting.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2010-12-20 at 02:55.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 22:10   Link #1437
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh anther crap ending why does anime like this end up like there going to be anther season but never will. Just when war start is end what crap I give this a 5/10
Old 2010-12-19, 22:14   Link #1438
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Ferris really changed throughout the season so that was nice to see.
Though I was so confused on what was going on, mainly of course with the final episode. It didn't really seem to be much of a point for Kiefer showing up...just took down a bridge for Ryner & Ferris. =\ The story with the hero and lonely demon was interesting to say the least though.
Well I'll give this a 6/10...
DVD/BD sales definitely aren't that good. Seems like no hope for second season?

If so onward to the LN later I guess. Thanks in advance to larethian & Defade for translating it!
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:22   Link #1439
iceyfw

i'm sure most people are just as confused as i am for what just happened in the last episode. all i'm going to do is cross my fingers and hope a second season comes along. even though it's been almost two years since ZEXCS did the anime adaption for chrome shell regios and still no news of season two anywhere. perhaps Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu shall suffer the same fate.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:47   Link #1440
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The thing going for this anime is that it's simulcast by Funimation. It was released in Japan w/ North American licensing already sold to Funimation.

In the North America it's getting the DVD release w/ dub. It will get play time on Hulu and Youtube, most likely. It all adds up. The series may end up cable and satellite TV channels.

I hope there is another 20+ episode second season, too.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen