AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 247
10: Amazing... 18 51.43%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 14.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 22.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 3 8.57%
6 out of 10: Average... 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.86%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-03, 15:58   Link #21
ookamigirl

Naruto & his mom sure did a number on the fox. Just awesome!
The new info was pretty interesting too.
The whole history of his parents and birth.... like finally!!
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 16:24   Link #22
king12354

As usual, there are a lot of anachronisms in the story. Yondaime didn't seem like much of a Hokage either, personality-wise at least.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 00:49   Link #23
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
As usual, there are a lot of anachronisms in the story. Yondaime didn't seem like much of a Hokage either, personality-wise at least.
Well although i agree he doesn't seem serious enough , he is actually quite young. And being a 'Father' for the first time i thought it was a pretty normal reaction ?

Though obviously i haven't been a father before so i wouldn't know.

Perhaps next weeks episode can give us more to talk about this !

Spoiler for preview of 248:
Old 2012-02-04, 07:22   Link #24
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Wow. Excellent episode again.

First, the Sage-Mode Massive Rasengan Barrage certainly looked awesome and unexpected. Naruto sure knows how to come up with awesome techniques in the brink of a moment...

Now, it felt a bit like cheating as Naruto isn't supposed to be able to control so many Shadow Clones in Sage-Mode. It was stated back in the Pain arc that he could only handle an handful of them and there are certainly more of that.
Considering he didn't have much opportunity to perfect his mastery of Sage Mode since the Pain battle, the only explanation is that he could do it because it was a battle in his spirit, where conditions are a bit different...
I'm not sure we could see the same attack in the outside world unfortunately... since it looked awesome...

I'm not sure how much Naruto actually "controls" the Kyuubi right now...
At the different of Killer-Bee and the Hachibi, who seem to share a friendly bond, it doesn't look like so for Naruto who seem to just have stolen his chakra rather than tamed it like Bee managed to do...
Again, it looks like the Kyuubi is a significant more malevolent bijuu than the Hachibi anyway...

I find it a bit surprising considering the weak point of women jinchuriki that Kushina was chosen as she was a woman like that Lady Mito.
You would think they would get a male for the job since you're sure they wouldn't give birth...
Maybe the Uzumaki clan was too decimated for this to be possible though and that only Kushina could do it, maybe it was also because of her special chakra, but that was certainly taking a significant risk which would be taken advantage of later on...

At any rate, even if Kushina was the only one up to do it, you would think the Third Hokage and his advisors, including Roots, would have forbidden her to have a children, and frowned upon any intimate relationship she might have.

The Hidden Leaf has been painted as a more humanist village than most others so far, but the Shinobi World is very cruel and Konoha has also committed its fair share of atrocious acts for the sake of the greater cause, power balance, and peace... most noticeably the Uchiha massacre, killing civilians from other villages like Nagato's parents, or even sealing bijuus in young children for that matter.
Preventing a young woman to have intercourse (or making her sterile) or force her to an abortion seems something pale and insignificant in comparison, especially considering the associated risks...

The other interesting thing is that Naruto so far took the fact he was the Kyuubi Jinchuriki for granted, like a curse... like some are born with disabilities...
Until recently, Naruto and the most other characters always assumed that the Kyuubi was still running wild at that time and possibly manipulated by Madara, but even without Madara, there were probabilities the Kyuubi would have attacked the village if he was in the wild sooner or later anyway...

However the fact that Madara extracted the Kyuubi from Kushina makes the matter even worse.
If not for Madara, the Kyuubi would have remained in Kushina's body and Naruto would never have become a Jinchuriki, but also lived an happy family life as a bonus.
In other words, Madara is the one who destroyed Naruto's childhood and family, rather than the Kyuubi: the Kyuubi was the tool rather than the root cause.

Naruto has put all the blame for his bad childhood on the Kyuubi so far, and relatively few on Madara, but now, he could divert it towards Madara and have more reasons to take him down than just him being the Akatsuki leader and main villain of the show.

It is interesting that it is also the same for Sasuke... if Kushina didn't lose the Kyuubi, there would have been no attack on Konoha, and thus no preemptive strike against the Uchiha's clan...
Once Sasuke finally accepts to see the truth, maybe they would team up against Madara...
Sasuke still probably wouldn't forgive Konoha though, he would just want to take both of them down...
I like the moment between Kushina and Sasuke's mother and what Kushina said to Baby Sasuke... it re-enforces the idea of fate between Naruto and Sasuke and that their destinies were intertwined right from the start.

We can also wonder if the real cause for Naruto having been ostracized by the village, in addition of being the Jinchuriki, isn't also due to his being the root reason for the seal weakening...
How many villagers knew about the seal's weak point and how many knew that Kushina was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki is not really clear at this point...
Kushina seemed to be well known in the village though, especially as the Hokage's wife (I mean, everyone knows who Michelle Obama is) and Naruto's last name was thus well known, so you would think they would see the relationship...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 08:18   Link #25
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorenus View Post
Now, it felt a bit like cheating as Naruto isn't supposed to be able to control so many Shadow Clones in Sage-Mode. It was stated back in the Pain arc that he could only handle an handful of them and there are certainly more of that.
He did take quite a bit of Kyuubi's chakra beforehand. The renewed confidence from his mom probably helped too.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 08:22   Link #26
Akashin

Quote:
Considering he didn't have much opportunity to perfect his mastery of Sage Mode since the Pain battle, the only explanation is that he could do it because it was a battle in his spirit, where conditions are a bit different...
I'm not sure we could see the same attack in the outside world unfortunately... since it looked awesome...
I don't recall it being said that he couldn't use as many Kage Bunshin as he pleased in Sage Mode. All I remember being said is that he shouldn't, since he needs three for Rasenshuriken and if he has more than five made at a time it screws with his ability to focus on getting Sage Chakra, so he could only have two squirreled away getting him Sage Chakra. Aside from that limitation, I'm pretty sure he was still free to use them as much as he liked. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That aside though, this was inside his mind. I'm not sure if the same rules would apply even if I were mistaken.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 09:01   Link #27
HasuMasu
*Artist

Love the music playing when Naruto stuffed some balls in the Kyubi's face.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:57   Link #28
neshru

Quote:
I find it a bit surprising considering the weak point of women jinchuriki that Kushina was chosen as she was a woman like that Lady Mito.
You would think they would get a male for the job since you're sure they wouldn't give birth...
Maybe the Uzumaki clan was too decimated for this to be possible though and that only Kushina could do it, maybe it was also because of her special chakra, but that was certainly taking a significant risk which would be taken advantage of later on...
They chose her for her special chakra, as she said. Something that only happens a few times in life (childbirth) is probably a less significant risk than choosing a Jinchuriki that doesn't have the chakra to properly control the Nine Tails.

Quote:
At any rate, even if Kushina was the only one up to do it, you would think the Third Hokage and his advisors, including Roots, would have forbidden her to have a children, and frowned upon any intimate relationship she might have.
She would have unleashed the Nine Tails on their ass :P
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 12:19   Link #29
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Very funny to see Kushina "posessed" by Minato

She is completely in love
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 14:15   Link #30
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The only thing that stopped it from getting a perfect score was the $hit with how they made Sasuke bond with Naruto before he even escaped the womb! I was like reeally? They were pre-womb buddies too? That was a bit too eyerolls for me...

But the rest of the episode was pretty beast...They did have some weird animation at times as it looked like from panel to panel in some of the Kyuubi fight it went from average animation to epic animation in a cycle of sorts, but great atmosphere nonetheless (Could have shaved a couple of clone rasengan scenes though)...

I mean Micheal Vick got damn near 2 years for kicking his dawg's a$$...I wonder if Naruto would get lethal injection with the way he beat the $hit out of his 9-tails doggy..I actually felt a great deal of sorrow for what foxy went through...

It's a pity as naruto fans it's impossible to ignore the horror of the filler and the endless infinity of flashbacks that without a doubt have clouded the overall impact of this show where an episode like this only garners 30 replys. But in the alternative universe where naruto aired an abridged series that was just the manga content, you'd be hardpressed to find any shonen that has committed to explaining every nuance of it's plot going all the way back to the first episode quite like naruto (The tetagram seal stuff with Naruto's trademark swirl reveal was masterful)...It's something it does honestly better than all it's counterparts...This episode was a great example of that...

Minato vs. Pre-Tobi Tobi, will be the culmination of that...Can't wait...
Old 2012-02-05, 14:49   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The only thing that stopped it from getting a perfect score was the $hit with how they made Sasuke bond with Naruto before he even escaped the womb! I was like reeally? They were pre-womb buddies too? That was a bit too eyerolls for me...

But the rest of the episode was pretty beast...They did have some weird animation at times as it looked like from panel to panel in some of the Kyuubi fight it went from average animation to epic animation in a cycle of sorts, but great atmosphere nonetheless (Could have shaved a couple of clone rasengan scenes though)...

I mean Micheal Vick got damn near 2 years for kicking his dawg's a$$...I wonder if Naruto would get lethal injection with the way he beat the $hit out of his 9-tails doggy..I actually felt a great deal of sorrow for what foxy went through...

It's a pity as naruto fans it's impossible to ignore the horror of the filler and the endless infinity of flashbacks that without a doubt have clouded the overall impact of this show where an episode like this only garners 30 replys. But in the alternative universe where naruto aired an abridged series that was just the manga content, you'd be hardpressed to find any shonen that has committed to explaining every nuance of it's plot going all the way back to the first episode quite like naruto (The tetagram seal stuff with Naruto's trademark swirl reveal was masterful)...It's something it does honestly better than all it's counterparts...This episode was a great example of that...

Minato vs. Pre-Tobi Tobi, will be the culmination of that...Can't wait...
He wasn't beating his dog, he was involved in illegal dog fights. Big difference
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 05:20   Link #32
HasuMasu
*Artist

I agree with the part about baby Sasuke, that was a bit hard to stomach.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:53   Link #33
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I didn't see any problem with that scene. Their mothers were friends after all, so it would only make sense for them to want their children to be friends too, or is that asking too much?
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 23:39   Link #34
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I dunno why, but it still cracks me up that I have the same birthday as Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
I didn't see any problem with that scene. Their mothers were friends after all, so it would only make sense for them to want their children to be friends too, or is that asking too much?
It's more like massive retcon, if you ask me. I mean, when the show first started Naruto and Sasuke didn't even KNOW each other. The whole "BOND" crap didn't even start until the Rescue Sasuke arc.

It was pretty eye-rolling.

Last edited by Hunter; 2012-02-07 at 00:33.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 00:33   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
It's kind of the way around, they ended up not pre-womb buddies because of what is to follow. This is a glimpse into what their lifes could have been if not for Madara's actions.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 01:59   Link #36
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
ROFL, well said
Old 2012-02-07, 02:04   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
you're so cynical about a 30 second scene that has no major bearing on anything I kind of agree with your sentiments, but at the same time, why not just treat it as an easter egg/fan service and have fun with it? it was more or less a reason to see a baby sasuke. and it really showcased just what the ninja system did to someone who started off so innocent.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:36   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The flavor swirl of Narusasuke is a carton of ice cream found at your local grocers’ freezer…C’mon now people…

The womb scene is dishing that ice cream into the endless Naruto bowl and putting a cherry on top of a cherry on top of a cherry on top of a cherry on top of infinity

Regardless of pre-Tobi’s interference, we get it like a WWII propaganda film with our eyelids taped open…

The show has found every single conceivable way to say this sans a ramen-use –only commemorative coin with both players (Naruto’s obviously the tails side^^)…

It wasn’t needed…Not that I didn’t expect them to do evenmore to astroglide this rivalry into my soul…But the ice-cream I mentioned is getting spoiled and turning into cheese factor…This was that cheese…The rest of the ep was dope though…
Old 2012-02-08, 08:09   Link #39
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

This thought just came to me.

Isn't it interesting how it's always planned as such that the 'Top Anbu' members would guard the 'VIPs'. But its always these Top Anbu's who gets killed without even having the chance to put up a fight , almost as if they were just there for show ~_~

If the Top Anbu's are of that level , it'd make me wonder what is the true strength of the so called Elite Anbu Black Ops :3
Old 2012-02-08, 08:25   Link #40
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
This thought just came to me.

Isn't it interesting how it's always planned as such that the 'Top Anbu' members would guard the 'VIPs'. But its always these Top Anbu's who gets killed without even having the chance to put up a fight , almost as if they were just there for show ~_~

If the Top Anbu's are of that level , it'd make me wonder what is the true strength of the so called Elite Anbu Black Ops :3
That's why Kakashi and Itachi got out of it when they could. Itachi even killed his whole clan so he wouldn't be reduced to a scrub.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion