AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 12 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 36.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-02-21, 15:27   Link #81
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
You are not even reading what I am writing, so I am done with this.
Slaine is part of that, he suported Saaz and now he is doing everything so that this war will go on.

No matter how you try to make excuses, the wont change that Slaine is taking part in a genocide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'd be okay with VERS winning. Say what you will about them, but at least they have an ethos, unlike the Earthers.
I could not care less about the ethos of massmurderers.
Dauerlutscher is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:28   Link #82
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
you are weird if you hated slaine but like lelouch.
they are doing the same dick move. their development is quite the same too. its just slaine is more inferior to lelouch (of course, lelouch has geass and inaho-level brain)
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:29   Link #83
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Slaine is part of that, he suported Saaz and now he is doing everything so that this war will go on.

No matter how you try to make excuses, the wont change that Slaine is taking part in a genocide.
whats the problem with that?
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:29   Link #84
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Living the NEET dream
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Inaho repeated this episode what I have been saying all along. Even if Asseylum brokered for peace, the counts would not listen to her. So what is to be done? That is the question.
Kill Slaine and then every single warmongers on the Mars, install Asseylum as the ruler. Any oppositions equal death.
__________________
DevilHighDxD is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:30   Link #85
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
whats the problem with that?
Whats wrong with genocide and massmurder? I hope you are jocking.
Dauerlutscher is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:32   Link #86
Pegasai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
As long they are fighting for the extermination of a different group of people...than yeah, it's genocide.
lol so I guess you hate any soldier or soldier character
Pegasai is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:37   Link #87
MK-95-
CCG's Reaper
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CCG 1st Ward Office
Age: 22
Shit just got really real. Damn, that was a fun episode.

Lets see, where to start? Ah, I know, I'll start with Asseylum waking up. Well, she's back and only seems to be suffering from temporary amnesia. And well, the memories of earth and most importantly, memories of Inaho are returning. Slaine's even feeling threatened by the mere thought of her remembering her time with Inaho. This isn't gonna end well when she does find out what Slaine's been up to recently. There's definitely gonna be a huge clash of ideals and I can even see him imprisoning her saying something along the lines of "I'm doing this for your own good" and something like "I'll create a world just for you". He's already beyond saving imo. This episode was evident of that.

He's gonna be in even deeper shit when Lemrina finds out she's being played on top of being used. She's a very unpredictable factor that needs to be handled carefully and he's already made the mistake of underestimating that factor.

I just can't see him surviving at the end, he's making way too many big plays that just spell death flag and it doesn't help when he's doing such underhanded things to the girl that unconditionally trusts him and loves him, plus he going against the girl he does love and the icing on top is that he's also making himself a target to the knights that are suspicious of him. Those knights can't make any moves yet, but in the event that Lemrina is found out as an imposter, that's reason enough to target Slaine. ie. He's walking on a tightrope with spikes below him.

Earth side is really taking things too lightly. How incompetent can you be? Come on, we're talking gundams vs golems here. (Only real mecha fans will get that one). Even if things are slightly in your favor, they are only in your favor because of a certain orange mech and a ship that runs on aldnoah. -_-

Well, the episode's end pretty much sums up all the shit they're in now. Before, there was no sense of unity amongst the mars knights. What happens when they do achieve this unity? You get attacked by three of 'em simultaneously. Lets see if our earth cast can escape this encounter unscathed.

Episode gets a solid 9/10. Not quite worthy of the 10 yet.
__________________
Suppose there is an evil that justice cannot bring down. What would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil? - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:37   Link #88
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
lol so I guess you hate any soldier or soldier character
the objective is difference here, conquest or subjugation is not the same as extermination...
__________________
endarion88 is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:40   Link #89
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
lol so I guess you hate any soldier or soldier character
Nope...


Soldier A fights for surviavel against an agressor.

Soldier B fight for resources and territories and takes part in a genocide.

A is legitimate and right.

B is the agressor. There is absolutely nothing that can justify this.
Dauerlutscher is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:42   Link #90
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Whats wrong with genocide and massmurder? I hope you are jocking.
you aware that you are watching fiction animation right?
you ppl are bringing too much moral-jsutice into anime lol
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:44   Link #91
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
slaine genocide dick move made this anime dozen times more interesting than "vers of the week" episodes till the end. thats more than enough reason to NOT complaining about his dick move. he is the savior of aldnoah. imagine aldnoah without slaine? boring.
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:46   Link #92
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
you aware that you are watching fiction animation right?
you ppl are bringing too much moral-jsutice into anime lol
I will not support and agree with something like genocide and massmurder, just because this is fictional.
Dauerlutscher is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:46   Link #93
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I will not support and agree with something like genocide and massmurder, just because this is fictional.
good luck enjoying the show
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:46   Link #94
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Living the NEET dream
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
you aware that you are watching fiction animation right?
you ppl are bringing too much moral-jsutice into anime lol
Why got so work up over it if just "fiction animation" for you?
__________________
DevilHighDxD is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:47   Link #95
justinstrife
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Galt's Gulch
Age: 38
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
lol so I guess you hate any soldier or soldier character
Say what? How many soldiers have you known?
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:48   Link #96
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
So they played the amnesia card but it looks like she will recover from it soon. Slaine is in a tight spot when that happens also when Lemrina finds out Slaine has been deceiving her. Asseylum and Lemrina will no doubt leave him.

Also... "That douchebag who shot my cute little brother?" Oh Yuki-nee
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls' souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:49   Link #97
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
good luck enjoying the show
I don't need any luck for that.
Dauerlutscher is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:49   Link #98
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
There are justifiable reasons to invade or attack.
I wouldn't call such attackers as being the aggressors if they do have justifiable reasons because those reasons would have to be close to the form of an active provocation or threat from the other side to be justifiable.
monster is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:50   Link #99
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Why got so work up over it if just "fiction animation" for you?
because its interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I don't need any luck for that.
if you are fine with that, well, okay.

inputting moral into anime is just a bad move. because you will just keep complaining about moral and social justice in every anime
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2015-02-21, 15:57   Link #100
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
This was what I was referring to. I really don't have any knowledge of the Japanese audience and simple google searches haven't revealed anything so I can't really comment.
The guy gets more fanart, fanfics, and magazine images that any of the other 3 main characters. He's even got honest-to-God prayer boxes in some stores for fans that are praying for him to have a happy ending.

And keep in mind, that the eastern audience is really the ones that the makes of the show are catering to.

Quote:
This is speculation. It may end up being true, but to me, the evidence is increasingly pointing towards a more impure motivation. Intent to use underhanded methods to frame dissenting counts may be excusable & compatible with a pure motivation, but there are certain things that make me doubt that he's really pure as you claim.

1. Slaine's monologue about settling for power if he can't be close to Asseylum or be of use to her. There's no pure reason for Slaine to have power if he's not going to be working for Asseylum's goals. And you're not going to convince me that Slaine suddenly started caring about the poor in Vers when the only thing on Slaine's mind up to this point has been Asseylum, Asseylum, and Asseylum.

2. Slaine's unnecessary outburst at Eddelrittuo. I want to add a corollary to this and say that Slaine dropping the honorifics for Harklight is another sign. These little things seem to be adding up in showing that the power is getting to his head.

3. Dropped flowers. Control freak. Rage about NTR. lol
Sure it's speculation, but there are hints within the show to back it up. However, again, you interpert them in your way, and I see them differently:

As for 1) He need power in order to be able to do anything. The want for power doesn't make someone's intentions impure, it's what they do with that power that becomes the problem.

As for Slaine's ideas on the poor of Vers in comparison to his feelings on Asseylum, I will give you a quote from the director:

Quote:
"His [Slaine's] maxim is essentially “I want to help the princess”. That desire naturally continued to exist in his mind until the end of the story, but because of his meeting with Count Saazbaum, new values have grown inside of Slaine. Saazbaum is the powerful ringleader behind Asseylum’s assassination attempt; as far as Slaine is concerned, he’s an enemy he should be attacking. But to him there’s a greater cause: “I want to improve the lives of the people residing on Mars”. And so, touched by his way of thinking, inside of Slaine’s head there’s a conflict between “loyalty towards the princess” and “the great cause that Saazbaum stands for” that results in a waver in his values; I think that has something to do with saving Saazbaum’s life during the final episode when he was about to be defeated by Inaho. However, as a consequence of that, one can say that Saazbaum, whose life he had saved, shooting Asseylum turned out to be an ironic ending."
2) He's worried about Asseylum and he thinks she will be in danger if anyone found out that she's alive. Especially if word gets back to Lemrina who has shown that she will never stop hating the royal family, so he wanted to make sure Eddelrittuo didn't tell anyone. Sure he was a little short with her, but he's under a lot of stress too. As for the dropping of honorifics with Harklight, that's not because of arrogance but because of the close relationship the two had. If you remember, before, he didn't even want to, even though Harklight insisted. And he only dropped them after he became count. He keeps the honorific with everyone else on his base, even though he doesn't have to.

3) Really? What about him dropping the flowers shows he's controlling? If he was really controlling he would not allowed anyone to talk about Inaho at all and would be controlling what Eddelrittuo said, but he's not. He's upset and can't really face her right now, but I don't know how that translates to "controlling". (I'll simply ignore the NTR nonsense. )

Quote:
Wrong! It should actually be the opposite lol
Too many people like L-elf and Lelouch. They should hate them just as much as they hate Slaine (if not more).
Well, it's my own opinion so it can't be wrong to me. As for L-elf and Lelouch? Well, I can't say I'm the only person who likes them, they are the most popular characters for either series, and that's for both western and eastern audiences.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.