AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-12, 12:47   Link #1
Cruzz
Europeon

Melty Blood

Seems like the urge to spam the new and shiny section got the best of me.

Anyway, has anyone else here played Melty Blood? In my opinion, it is one of the better fighting games around, provided that you actually appreciate gameplay more than round clumps of polygons and skimpy clothes on the females. The PC is a decent player as long as you keep it at the highest difficult setting, but what I really like is a duel between two people who actually know how to play. It can take positively ages for a fight to finish, unlike in most fighting games.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 13:41   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz

Anyway, has anyone else here played Melty Blood? In my opinion, it is one of the better fighting games around, provided that you actually appreciate gameplay more than round clumps of polygons and skimpy clothes on the females. The PC is a decent player as long as you keep it at the highest difficult setting, but what I really like is a duel between two people who actually know how to play. It can take positively ages for a fight to finish, unlike in most fighting games.
Melty Blood: ReAct will rocks more becasue Ciel will be overpowered
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 13:49   Link #3
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Melty Blood: ReAct will rocks more becasue Ciel will be overpowered
Well, I don't actually think she is THAT overpowered. Warukia and Nero in the original are much worse in my not so honest opinion.
Old 2004-02-12, 14:03   Link #4
Babak

Hoohoho, the two Tsukihime Fanboys in the same thread?

Melty Blood is cool. I did have fun playing it.
But nope, not really _THAT_ good.

Reason:
A) I'm not a Tsukihime Fanboy. So I guess that's why I don't enjoy it as much as you guys do.
B) Games on the computer? Nah.
C) The game was in Japanese, so I didn't bother playing "story-mode".
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:14   Link #5
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

"MELTY BLOOD" was interesting...it was a golden collaboration project between two major doujin groups, TYPE-MOON and Watanabe Seisakujo.

The game play was be rather amusing as Watanabe Seisakujo had its experience in developing fighting doujin games for the PC since QOH and Pabure.

If you liked "MELTY BLOOD," make sure you get the upcoming major revision - "MELTY BLOOD: ReACT" Search around, and you'll find a demo version of "MELTY BLOOD: ReACT" somewhere.

As for another doujin fighting game, I strongly recommend Tasogare Frontier's "Eternal Fighter Zero." Numerous versions exists, but try to find the latest one labeled "Bad Moon Edition." Of course, it really helps if you've played the ero-game "One," "Kanon," and "AIR" beforehand.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:33   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
As for another doujin fighting game, I strongly recommend Tasogare Frontier's "Eternal Fighter Zero." Numerous versions exists, but try to find the latest one labeled "Bad Moon Edition." Of course, it really helps if you've played the ero-game "One," "Kanon," and "AIR" beforehand.
I tried it, but the "normal" mode was hellish. It was way TOO hard.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 04:54   Link #7
Lagasse

Smile

Uhmm... Can anyone please give a torrent link or any link to D/L This Game MeltyBLood... or any DOujin type fighting games... im really curious about it... im kinda new to the anime world but i kinda loving watching animes...^^ and now theres fighting games related to some animes... Please... help me out... ^^
Lagasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 04:57   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Perhaps you didn't read the forum discription (or the sticky at the top)? No links to warez may be posted here. That means that nobody is allowed to link to an actual game, only translations or translation patches.

As far as I know such things do not exist for Melty Blood.

If anyone posted the bad things I would permanently ban him without any warning. This will not be allowed to become a warez board. We do not want to attract that kind of a crowd.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 05:02   Link #9
Lagasse

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Perhaps you didn't read the forum discription (or the sticky at the top)? No links to warez may be posted here. That means that nobody is allowed to link to an actual game, only translations or translation patches.

If anyone posted the bad things I would permanently ban him without any warning. This will not be allowed to become a warez board. We do not want to attract that kind of a crowd.

my Bad... im very very sorry... i musta missed that one... anyways... This wont happen again....
Lagasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 05:03   Link #10
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I have it, played through all the routes, unlocked Warakia and the others, and nowdays usually just play against level 5 PC opponents.

Yes, it's pretty fun.

But Nero is supposed to be playable too, but I don't know how to get him. Does anyone know?
Old 2004-02-13, 08:01   Link #11
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, there is a project like that but it's not really progressing that well.

Shinova: if you install the Nero0623 patch (just do a search for Nero0623 on the page to find it), all the characters will be unlocked.
Old 2004-02-13, 21:09   Link #12
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

It's good stuff! But.......

<Kohaku fanboyism>
No no no....

You've got all it all wrong!

Ciel is cool but Kohaku is the true master!! (meow)

Level 5 Nero and Warakia are but putty in her hands (or should I say broom ) , though Vampiric Sion causes a little more trouble IME, and that fast moving little blighter Miyako is just..... evil, even if defeatable.
</Kohaku fanboyism>

Yes, I can see how playing against another human player could be long winded considering the level that you can block attacks with! I never get bored with Melty Blood when I get frustrated with PHP and Fortran

Looking foward to ReACT....
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 23:05   Link #13
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
It's good stuff! But.......

<Kohaku fanboyism>
No no no....

You've got all it all wrong!

Ciel is cool but Kohaku is the true master!! (meow)

Level 5 Nero and Warakia are but putty in her hands (or should I say broom ) , though Vampiric Sion causes a little more trouble IME, and that fast moving little blighter Miyako is just..... evil, even if defeatable.
</Kohaku fanboyism>
oh gawd >_<

I hate CPU Kohaku.....either its me or she has alot of priority with her broom attack even with Warakia I get some trouble beating her @_@
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 07:03   Link #14
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Actually, there is a project like that but it's not really progressing that well.

Shinova: if you install the Nero0623 patch (just do a search for Nero0623 on the page to find it), all the characters will be unlocked.
I wonder how long it will take them to fully translate the whole game. I have the game but I don't understand almost all of the Japanese text. >_< It's so frustrating when you don't know what the heck is going on.
Old 2004-02-14, 14:06   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I wonder how long it will take them to fully translate the whole game. I have the game but I don't understand almost all of the Japanese text. >_< It's so frustrating when you don't know what the heck is going on.
Let's just say that it will take them a few years, if it's the typical gamesub group.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 14:19   Link #16
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Melty Blood is pretty good! I can't wait for ReAct, it seems like the action will be a bit faster this time

I wish they made Kohaku in her China Dress to play as. I would of loved that. But at least Satsuki is going to be in it.... turrah!!
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 04:55   Link #17
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izcoatl
oh gawd >_<

I hate CPU Kohaku.....either its me or she has alot of priority with her broom attack even with Warakia I get some trouble beating her @_@

I can beat level 5 Kohaku any day, any time. With Arcueid or Ciel usually, maybe also Shiki or Akiha.
Old 2004-02-20, 20:11   Link #18
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova

I can beat level 5 Kohaku any day, any time. With Arcueid or Ciel usually, maybe also Shiki or Akiha.
How could you!! Such a harmless, innocent young maid...

But, Indeed. It's just a matter of identifying the characters' weak points. Kohaku (bless her) does have a excessivley large recovery time after heavy attacks, leaving her vulnerable to fast movers - this is why Miyako is such a pain and the only one that I can't beat on a regular basis.... yet.

Sadly, the CPU, even on level 5, is remarkably stupid and often makes life too easy for the abuse of certain attacks and moves. I notice the CPU doesn't really use 'air' dashing and double jumping. At least, not in my experience. Warakia is perhaps the obvious exception.

On the other hand, if you're not careful, it's easy to get trapped at the screen edge and pummeled to death with combos if you can't cancel out of the 'fall' and escape (or retaliate). The CPU can occasionally wipe me out without mercy - but doesn't usually get to gloat for very long

Kohaku in China dress super attack -> even funnier if messed up. =P

Damn, I need to play something else......
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 20:44   Link #19
Soulfang
Inactive Member

It's not going to take that long. We've gotten a good start on it.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 22:04   Link #20
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Just a technical question.

I have a firewall on, and everytime I fire up Melty Blood, it warns me that MB.exe is trying to connect to IP 131.107.99.244:80. (I denied it access of course)

A ping to that IP reveals it is non-existent.

Anyone can explain this?
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote