AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-13, 10:25   Link #601
Renan

Ok, we had a two part 54 I think, a two part 64 and if we have a two part 65 we'll have 70 chapters? I don't know I suck at math.
Old 2009-06-14, 11:15   Link #602
Rion
Ramune~

Hmm, my hopeful theory is that Ushiro does something (whatever it is) to make this whole game actually come to an end. So that the manga itself comes to a closure and there is no need to become a new Kokopelli anymore.
Old 2009-06-15, 19:18   Link #603
sjdx830
The head of Rendu

Send a message via MSN to sjdx830
Maybe Ushiro's father will become another Kokopelli.
In the first chapter of Bokurano Alternative, Kito illustrated the teacher who acted as Kokopelli, looks a little like Ushiro's father.
Old 2009-06-17, 21:44   Link #604
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

Spoiler for Spoilered just to be safe, though its not about ch65:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Sometimes, I wonder if I am sick for liking this manga so much.
I have often wondered that myself. That’s why I didn't recommend it to my friends, who, although they like anime and manga, it’s the more mainstream stuff like Eyehield 21, Hitman, Naruto, and some of the other more popular series. They would have been way too disturbed by the first three episodes of the anime, and cringed away from the manga. I only recommended this series to two people who I knew would both like it, and be able to handle it.

Also, I don't think you are sick; but if you are, then I'll be joining the party.
Old 2009-06-18, 01:33   Link #605
Kagekyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
Spoiler for Spoilered just to be safe, though its not about ch65:

I have often wondered that myself. That’s why I didn't recommend it to my friends, who, although they like anime and manga, it’s the more mainstream stuff like Eyehield 21, Hitman, Naruto, and some of the other more popular series. They would have been way too disturbed by the first three episodes of the anime, and cringed away from the manga. I only recommended this series to two people who I knew would both like it, and be able to handle it.

Also, I don't think you are sick; but if you are, then I'll be joining the party.
I once tricked one of my friends into reading this when he asked me for good manga. I slipped this and Narutaru into a reading list with mostly comedy and shonen series. When he got around to Bokurano he kept asking me if it'll get better. I said yes. Took him until Chizuru's arc till he realized I wasn't referring to kids' well being. It's a shame he didn't like it, it's also a shame that he didn't get to Narutaru first cause that's a lot more devastating to a person's psyche

And I don't think either of you are sick. It's a story, you don't have to feel sorry for the characters because they aren't real. After reading so many kinds of manga, I've become so immune to all the shocking parts of anime that almost nothing can surprise me anymore. I am a little worried why things that should have a really big negative impact on a normal person doesn't even get an 'ugh' out of me anymore. Admittedly though the downer power of this manga is a big factor in what makes it so interesting.
Old 2009-06-25, 13:39   Link #606
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Raws for the final chapter, 65 are out.

Twists ahoy!
Old 2009-06-26, 02:15   Link #607
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

in b4 waiting for the spoilers !
*kicked

Old 2009-06-26, 02:21   Link #608
jesterX1

chapter 65

Thanks tsurumaru, i have watched scan of bokurano 65 already

Spoiler for chapter 65:

However, some Japanese reader says Kitoh will make "Special episode" on next month for Bokurano
Old 2009-06-26, 19:42   Link #609
MikoGalatea
Just A Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterX1 View Post
However, some Japanese reader says Kitoh will make "Special episode" on next month for Bokurano
Yeah. It's been reported it'll be called ~Mou Hitotsu no Bokurano~ (Yet Another Bokurano) and that it'll basically feature the cast in an AU situation.

Spoiler for Chapter 65:
Old 2009-06-26, 23:33   Link #610
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 65:
Spoiler for A little confused..:

As for the special ep, it sounds pretty cool
Old 2009-06-26, 23:40   Link #611
ShootingStars

Spoiler for A little confused..:
Old 2009-06-27, 00:16   Link #612
Tormenk

Spoiler for the ending:

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-06-27, 00:21   Link #613
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

There is a translation of 65 here http://mangahelpers.com/t/laika/releases/13542 whilst we wait for the release.
Anyone else think that Sasami will be an awesome support for the next Earth?

Next time, a special commemorative conclusion issue (?)
It's publication has already been decided!! Look forward to it!!
Old 2009-06-27, 00:40   Link #614
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I must say, it's kind of an underwhelming conclusion. I dunno what I was expecting, but it seemed to just sorta...I dunno, end. I don't really have closure. :/
Old 2009-06-27, 00:51   Link #615
Tormenk

The way I see that's part of the 'ending' implied. Dung Beetle taking the role of Kokopelli at the end brings the story to a full circle. The game will go on as usual and the horrors experienced by Ushiro and the other fourteen will repeat endlessly.

It's really in line with Kitoh's style how he's made Bokurano thus far, right to the end. :/

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-06-27, 01:45   Link #616
Diedrupo

Just finished reading the last chapter. What a fitting end to an amazing story, and it fits right in line with Kitoh's style. It's too bad the anime couldn't have followed this story.
Old 2009-06-27, 01:48   Link #617
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterX1 View Post
Thanks tsurumaru, i have watched scan of bokurano 65 already

Spoiler for chapter 65:

Hmm~
...Underwhelming indeed... Not interesting...
The anime ending was better, I feel...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-27, 06:28   Link #618
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Euh, who is this ?
http://www.onemanga.com/Bokurano/64/32/

Anyway, chapter 64 - 65 is just. . awesome ;_; I'm moved to tears, seriously ;_;
*insert random rant in here
Spoiler:

I must say that this is indeed one of my favourite manga so far ;_; There are more great manga out there, but for me, this is one of the best ;_; I know while I think that this manga is good, many people can't understand this and like this manga as much as we do. Hope this one haven't end yet ;(

Tte, guess the ending seems 'bad' for some person ^^;

Old 2009-06-27, 11:24   Link #619
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Euh, who is this ?
http://www.onemanga.com/Bokurano/64/32/

Anyway, chapter 64 - 65 is just. . awesome ;_; I'm moved to tears, seriously ;_;
*insert random rant in here
Spoiler:

I must say that this is indeed one of my favourite manga so far ;_; There are more great manga out there, but for me, this is one of the best ;_; I know while I think that this manga is good, many people can't understand this and like this manga as much as we do. Hope this one haven't end yet ;(

Tte, guess the ending seems 'bad' for some person ^^;
can you explain the point of telling a full circle manga?
to see the feelings and development of each character?
Old 2009-06-27, 11:31   Link #620
Duo Himura

Well, there we have it... I can't decide if I like this ending better than the end of the previous chapter, but it does do some necessary wrapping up, and clarifies a few points.

Spoiler:

I basically read all of Narutaru while waiting for this chapter to come out, and... well, it's the only thing I've ever read that made me leave the room for air. But I can't decide if I like it better... its plot construction is more complex, but it also feels more disjointed, it takes longer to get going, etc. The payoffs in Narutaru are as great (the plot twists are better), and its depressing view of the world hits you roughly as hard, harder in some cases, I think, but Bokurano feels like it's easier to take meaning from. On the whole Bokurano is sort of a distillation of what Narutaru was, I think... it doesn't trip around with a bunch of diverse plot threads that build on the theme but don't really go anywhere.

So yeah, I think Narutaru was a bit clumsier about it, but it did certainly have moments that were the equal of anything in Bokurano. Bokurano is a better whole, but Narutaru gets a lot of points in those places where it was good, if there were fewer of them. Something like that, anyway.

Quote:
can you explain the point of telling a full circle manga?
to see the feelings and development of each character?
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen