AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-02, 22:26   Link #61
The 48th Ronin

Finally, Azami showed up. And he really is an elitist prick.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 05:01   Link #62
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Azami is Senzaemon's actual son, right? If so, that makes me wonder what Senzaemon's wife (aka. Azami's mom) is like. Maybe it's like the Zoldyck family (Hunter x Hunter) where the father is not bad but the mom is the real nasty one or the most eccentric one (that's also the case in Kekkaishi). On that note, Azami is probably the Illumi in the family .
"Father" in Japan is also used commonly by son-in-laws addressing the fathers of their wives.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 05:52   Link #63
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
"Father" in Japan is also used commonly by son-in-laws addressing the fathers of their wives.
That's why I put the question mark in my comment. I'm not sure whether Azami is Senzaemon's actual son or not. So....is he?
Old 2017-11-05, 16:53   Link #64
grecefar

If you want to know
Spoiler for spoiler:

man here it comes that asshole D:
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 18:17   Link #65
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh God, Kanemoto is really killing it as Erina right now with her own take with it. Her kid voice is so cute, while her afraid voice really makes you want to protect her from her father. Because, man, that father really has some issues...

And now it makes sense why Erina was so hostile to Soma in the beginning of the series (well apart from Soma acting like a cocky ass to his examiner that is). She was literally raised up to be elitist by her father, and Soma looks, acts and cooks like a commoner. Exactly like the people she was raised up to look down upon.

Also makes sense why Erina idolizes Saiba. If your own father has been doing things that you tremble just at the sight of him, Saiba being so nice and kind to her meant an escape from that. Must have meant the world to her having a break from the hell that she had to endure day in and day out. Which makes it even more ironic that she doesn't recognize Soma is Saiba's son, through looks nor through his cooking.

For 6 of the elite 10 though, I do wonder why they voted to kick out grandpa and elect the father instead. The weirdest thing is that red head cat girl was talking about Yukihira joining them... isn't he the epitome of what Erina's father want to weed out of the school?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 01:43   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
For 6 of the elite 10 though, I do wonder why they voted to kick out grandpa and elect the father instead. The weirdest thing is that red head cat girl was talking about Yukihira joining them... isn't he the epitome of what Erina's father want to weed out of the school?
It's even weirder that she, a lover of the weird and diverse, would side with Azami. I can see Tsukasa thinking there's only one perfect way to cook, even if rocking the boat like that also seems out of character. But what's in it for Rindou?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 22:20   Link #67
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's even weirder that she, a lover of the weird and diverse, would side with Azami. I can see Tsukasa thinking there's only one perfect way to cook, even if rocking the boat like that also seems out of character. But what's in it for Rindou?
She said it herself. Cause it sounded interesting. That's it.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 19:14   Link #68
MCAL

In Nakiri Azami, the parade of Bad Anime Dads continues in earnest.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 23:39   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*finishes episode 6*

*double-checks title*
Huh... I thought I accidentally watched an R-18 corruption-type anime, but I was actually watching a cooking anime.
Well, as long as the whole world-ruling doesn't turn into a story about bread-people and all that stuff...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 13:43   Link #70
Darthtabby

Although I've personally never had much of a problem with Erina (can you really blame her for having a negative impression of Souma when the first dish he fed her literally tasted like sexual harassment? ) I have mixed feeling on the attempts to retcon her into a more sympathetic character by giving her a traumatic backstory. It seemed a bit heavy handed and forced, particularly with some of the over the top imagery.

On the other hand, this episode gave me even more reason to consider Alice my favorite character.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 14:38   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Although I've personally never had much of a problem with Erina (can you really blame her for having a negative impression of Souma when the first dish he fed her literally tasted like sexual harassment? )
Everything good in that series tastes like sexual harassment. Even Tadokoro untied the principal's underwear.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 01:17   Link #72
Mister Twit

Weakest episode by far. The longer this series spends away from any actual cooking the less interesting it gets.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 17:53   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Unrelated to the episode, but this was an interesting challenge:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Basically they show clips from Shokugeki no Soma, then present them the food displayed, and then ask them NOT to eat it. How evil

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 19:21   Link #74
grecefar

lol that was mean.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 23:24   Link #75
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Did they get anything for winning, besides bragging rights? Because frankly, that's not something to brag about. "Dude, I deliberately missed the chance to eat a ton of incredible dishes that I might never get to eat again, prepared by a professional chef just for me!" Wow, good for you man. What did you do then, turn down an exclusive party with top supermodels? Refuse an all-expenses-paid trip to the classiest resort in Hawaii? Win a billion dollars and choose to burn it all?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 11:32   Link #76
The 48th Ronin

So many fanservice shots this episodes.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 17:09   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Did they get anything for winning, besides bragging rights? Because frankly, that's not something to brag about. "Dude, I deliberately missed the chance to eat a ton of incredible dishes that I might never get to eat again, prepared by a professional chef just for me!" Wow, good for you man. What did you do then, turn down an exclusive party with top supermodels? Refuse an all-expenses-paid trip to the classiest resort in Hawaii? Win a billion dollars and choose to burn it all?
I imagine that it's all just for fun and laughs, and once they are done shooting, they don't let the food go to waste.
Old 2017-11-12, 08:30   Link #78
Dextro
He Without a Title

Poor Tadokoro. Erina is coming to steel the spotlight
Old 2017-11-13, 00:22   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, we finally get confirmation that THE one Soma is working hard to enjoy his cooking is Erina. Welp, that pretty much sinks every SomaXanyone ship except for SomaXErina. Goodbye SomaXMayumi, it's been nice knowing you. :'(

And on that note, time to jump ship to AliceXRyo. Alice is pretty much best grill, being the one who staged Erina's 'abduction'. True, BerserkerCurry has things here and there to interest the average fujoshi, but unlike SomaXMayumi (which I shipped just for the shit and giggles), I really do think the author will be pushing Alice and Ryo as canon.

As for the plot, so with Erina coming to hide in Polaris, does that make her as an honorary member? Like the author is pretty darn suspicious emphasizing that Erina can NOT stay with Ryo, Alice, or Hisako, and they just so happen to arrive at the front of Polaris Dormitory of all places (roll my eyes here a bit as it's just a wee bit obvious). Is this the trigger incident for the story to finally start turning Erina into Dere as character development? I admit, I thought Erina won't even start turning dere until at least 2nd year, so this is relatively quick even though we're already in S3. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 01:01   Link #80
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah, we finally get confirmation that THE one Soma is working hard to enjoy his cooking is Erina. Welp, that pretty much sinks every SomaXanyone ship except for SomaXErina. Goodbye SomaXMayumi, it's been nice knowing you. :'(
It hasn't sunk anything ship yet. Souma is cooking for Erina because she has yet to acknowledge Souma's cooking. And besides we all know Souma is hooking up with either Ikumi or Subaru.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking