AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-20, 22:24   Link #10041
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
So we're operating on the assumption that, during his life, Zest just went around cutting the eyes out of white-haired girls?

Rein is so lucky she never ran into him by herself.
Old 2010-06-20, 22:35   Link #10042
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
So we're operating on the assumption that, during his life, Zest just went around cutting the eyes out of white-haired girls?
That is my theory, yes.
Old 2010-06-20, 22:36   Link #10043
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post

Rein is so lucky she never ran into him by herself.
Rein: Kyaaah! *Hides behind Cinque*
Cinque: ...*Winks and holds Rein up*
Rein: NOOOO!!
Zest: ... *Turns and walks away* She's too cute to cut up.
Cinque: ... *Starts crying until a puppy runs by.* Puppy! *Runs after the puppy.*

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-06-20, 22:40   Link #10044
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
I would, technically, hold on to the (bolded) thought because, as I ranted one day in the IRC, this would create a paradox (or you can attribute it to bad writing, or something). If the Huckebeins are indeed capable of harnessing magic to power their attacks, then their very existence would be their own bane since they naturally nullify magic in their presence. Granted, the entire mechanism has not been revealed, but I rather much doubt that Eclipse itself grants them immunity to this effect which allows them to overpower experienced mages like Signum.
My current theory is that the mechanism probably go like this: the anti-magic field is only projected outwards, and they can be partially deactivated when firing their own attack. That can actually be a weakness for more skilled opponents to exploit

Quote:
I don't see why the emphasis would be placed on the sleeve unless Cyphia's clothes is some sort of Barrier Jacket. To me, Laevateinn was broken by Cyphia's arm, the sleeve just got into the cracks in Laevateinn.
How can we now that Cypha's sleeve is not part of her Barrier Jacket? Other BJ's also appear as if being they're made from cloth yet very durable

PS: About Zect, that is one sick fetish
Old 2010-06-20, 22:49   Link #10045
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
YMMV, but I can't see that working. If Laevateinn cracked on Cypha's arm, her sleeve shouldn't rebound substantially, and certainly not more than the sword itself. Maybe it's just an artwork fail... >_>
Possibly. >.>

The position where Signum struck Cyphia with Laevateinn is vastly different between that page and the one before (which was somewhere lower, near to the elbow).

Ninja-edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
My current theory is that the mechanism probably go like this: the anti-magic field is only projected outwards, and they can be partially deactivated when firing their own attack. That can actually be a weakness for more skilled opponents to exploit
That can certainly be true, but again, we're grasping at straws here until the authors reveal otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
How can we now that Cypha's sleeve is not part of her Barrier Jacket? Other BJ's also appear as if being they're made from cloth yet very durable
We don't know, which is the problem.

Other Barrier Jackets are durable, yes, but they've not been shown to be able to break an opponent's weapon so far. Graf Eisen tearing through Nanoha's ribbon/jacket is one proof of this, and Nanoha is the main protagonist in the series.

Then again, I guess there's always a first for everything.
Old 2010-06-20, 22:56   Link #10046
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
also the wounds swapped on signum's boobs panel to panel and its real hard to tell just how deep the cuts were since they not showing the skin pull away any

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-06-21, 01:34   Link #10047
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If my memory is correct(because i'm not ready yet to watch those pages again) Signum receives two cuts among her chest and abdominal area, plus the impalement on her stomach(Agito was on the receiving end of Cypha's blast) i think they are more clearly in the panel when she was receiving them, on the next we only see her on the ground all messy and its dificult to see her wounds with detail(except for, you know, that BFS across her abdomen).

About the "blast attacks" i agree that maybe it's some kind of different "energy" the "poison" that will kill the world maybe? ....maybe the Huckebeins are Anti-Spirals in disguise o.O!

About Cypha i had her on the same level as Gendou Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kikyou(Inuyasha) and Miyo Takano(Higurashi no Naku koro ni), every one of them has a "Freudian Excuse" for their acting but all they do is so horrible, or dishonest, or merely foul, that said excuse came too late or simply don't compensate all the damage they've done. In resume i don't care is it's a member of a "family"(maybe the Huckebeins are the Magical Manson family xDU), or if she had "funny moments", i don't even care if she has a cute puppy that she loves and treats kindly, she's a genocide, it's councicious about it and enjoys that with evil pleasure, so far she(and maybe some of the other Huckies as well) is unreedemable for now(Well Gendo Ikari at least have a little charm as a Magnificent Bastard, Kikyou and Takano ...not so much).
Old 2010-06-21, 03:32   Link #10048
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm not complaining about her loss, suffer a defeat is a good mean to grow the development of a character and when the fight with Cypha was initially stated, i almost predict the result since she's a new character holding the new weapon, her loss against her even after Cypha admits and gloats over her crimes sure will be a huge blow on Signum's pride as a Knight, seeing her surpass that feelings and stand up will be a good sub-plot, but now that is semingly impossible to acomplish.
Mainly because she's currently lying in hospital somewhere -barring Miraculous Recovery-...

...'cause if you did pay attention to the details of the Force Next weapons, you might note that they're possibly a convenient fix to Magic Cancelers: converting magic into material force before outputting it. So instead of Magic Power Artillery, we have Magic Powered Artillery, which means that magic cancelers won't be all that great.

Quote:
WHY i'm complaining is't about how she's defeated, i must admit that at first im in disbelief but analizing the situation(along with all of the points of view apported on this thread) i came to the conclusion that it was indeed, a good fight, they trade blows and Signum totally overhelms Cypha in terms of power(not only she broke her swordguard but also sever her right arm), obviously the ugly part came when said power was nullified by the "zero effect" and Signum not only was defeated but entirely totallized by Cypha with semmingly no effort, and to put the ice on the cake the Huckie finishes her off thus making chances for the previous mentioned comeback and character developement almost over. It's specially shocking after the last instalment where she appears(Strikers Special Chapter: Afdter Days) suggest that she's at least on par with the freaking main protagonist.
You know, firstly and foremostly I think you're still complaining about how she's defeated here.

The main points, though, are really just two: One, they needed somebody to beat up in order to show just how powerful the enemy is, so if they couldn't do it to the main character...you realize that it's precisely because she's shown to be on par with Nanoha that they did that to her, don't you? And the rest of the Wolkies have already taken a nasty beating once, so no deal there either. Basically she just had to be the scapegoat.

And Two, in anime, people don't die till you see them buried, "ashes to ashes, and dust to dust", and if you know your comic lore, even that's not a guarantee.

Quote:
Of course chances for...-so on and so forth and so much and so there and so-...
Trust me, she'll be back. Getting stabbed in the stomach is nothing. Nothing at all. Absolutely so.

Quote:
About the "blast attacks" i agree that maybe it's some kind of different "energy" the "poison" that will kill the world maybe? ....maybe the Huckebeins are Anti-Spirals in disguise o.O!
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, or at least the inspiration.

Quote:
About Cypha i had her on the same level as Gendou Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kikyou(Inuyasha) and Miyo Takano(Higurashi no Naku koro ni), every one of them has a "Freudian Excuse" for their acting but all they do is so horrible, or dishonest, or merely foul, that said excuse came too late or simply don't compensate all the damage they've done. In resume i don't care is it's a member of a "family"(maybe the Huckebeins are the Magical Manson family xDU), or if she had "funny moments", i don't even care if she has a cute puppy that she loves and treats kindly, she's a genocide, it's councicious about it and enjoys that with evil pleasure, so far she(and maybe some of the other Huckies as well) is unreedemable for now(Well Gendo Ikari at least have a little charm as a Magnificent Bastard, Kikyou and Takano ...not so much).
You know what? She probably doesn't need you to sympathize with her - as a matter of opinion, I'd say that's precisely the kind of thing she'd laugh her ass and eyepatch off at...and in any case the Freudian Excuse is just there for them to have some sort of reason for doing what they're doing, and for them to say "screw the normal perspective, I've a better."

Better that they toss it in early, though, rather than pull a Fushigi Yuugi and give us mad lulz over it. The sooner they get the flappy paper-thin reason out of the way the better - either because it'll soon be forgotten, or because then they'll have some time to make it more than just that.

For my own opinion, though, I wouldn't mind someone dying, even though I hope it's not Signum. Why? Simple - a greater chance of "no more befriending" or at least "much less befriending" makes the whole game more interesting; if I know this is going to end too well right off the bat, why read on? They've pulled variations of the same trick more than 3 times in a row now, and it's getting old. So I say kill them - just be careful who you pick for the permadeath row.
Old 2010-06-21, 04:14   Link #10049
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
You know what? She probably doesn't need you to sympathize with her - as a matter of opinion, I'd say that's precisely the kind of thing she'd laugh her ass and eyepatch off at...and in any case the Freudian Excuse is just there for them to have some sort of reason for doing what they're doing, and for them to say "screw the normal perspective, I've a better."
Well, you're right, she just gonna kill me and laugh her ass about it xDU.

Quote:
For my own opinion, though, I wouldn't mind someone dying, even though I hope it's not Signum. Why? Simple - a greater chance of "no more befriending" or at least "much less befriending" makes the whole game more interesting; if I know this is going to end too well right off the bat, why read on? They've pulled variations of the same trick more than 3 times in a row now, and it's getting old. So I say kill them - just be careful who you pick for the permadeath row.
At least i'll gladly bet that the Strike Cannon doesn't have any befriending capabilities xD!

...thinking more seriously i have thoughts that the next Cypha's opponent maybe will be Subaru, my guess is based around her new AEC equipement properly called "Sword Breaker" and Cypha is the only Huckbein to carry a sword so far xDU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Yup, that's what I say, too. ^^ AND they have to give us Signum Zwei as a replacement. O__o Loli!Signum, anyone?
PLEASE NO!! ...Character Derailment and Badass Decay at full force xDU
Old 2010-06-21, 04:26   Link #10050
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
...'cause if you did pay attention to the details of the Force Next weapons, you might note that they're possibly a convenient fix to Magic Cancelers: converting magic into material force before outputting it. So instead of Magic Power Artillery, we have Magic Powered Artillery, which means that magic cancelers won't be all that great.
Possibly? I'd say definitely, as it seems they've been developed specifically to combat the Eclipse "Zero Effect" thingy. Unless you're suggesting the possibility that the AEC gear might turn out not to work as well as planned, which would be pretty nasty for Nanoha et al. Still, it could be an interesting development...

Quote:
I agree with you here. While I definitely don't want Signum to die, having a major character die could change the tone of the story for the better.

Quote:
Yup, that's what I say, too. ^^ AND they have to give us Signum Zwei as a replacement. O__o Loli!Signum, anyone?
Quote:
BadassDecay? Vita would like to have a word with you. And Nanoha, and Fate, and Hayate, and...

But still, I concur with your sentiment; I prefer Signum full-sized (even though loli!Signum is cute ).
Old 2010-06-21, 05:51   Link #10051
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
But still, I concur with your sentiment; I prefer Signum full-sized (even though loli!Signum is cute ).
Hayate: Signum! I've discovered a way to make you more popular!
Signum: Hah?
Hayate: You have to have a loli form like Arf and Rein!
Signum: .... Er...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Too bad the only fan art of her so far is this:

No, she ain't smuggling anything under her shirt either. That artist likes to take bicycle pumps to girls' chests.
.... I guess she can always use them to float away from battles she can't win...
Old 2010-06-21, 06:59   Link #10052
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Those are no boobs. That is armor. Just look at shaman king's Ponchi! His balls are used in Over Soul as a shield!
Old 2010-06-21, 11:41   Link #10053
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Just as a side comment, now that I've gotten accustomed to the" Signum WTFOMGPWNED" moment in the latest chapter, I'm completely fangirling Cypha. Seriously.
God knows, I want to fanboy over Cypha, too, but I am still uncertain whether I am entitled to...

Quote:
I don't see why the emphasis would be placed on the sleeve unless Cyphia's clothes is some sort of Barrier Jacket. To me, Laevateinn was broken by Cyphia's arm, the sleeve just got into the cracks in Laevateinn.
Yep, my impression, too. Plus, Signum says herself that it's the bodies that Eclipse strengthens, not the clothes. I am quite sure that with the sleeve was just an art glitch.

Quote:
Vita is an eternal loli and among the most badass characters in the show. And don't worry, Signum was probably born clutching a sword and strangled two dragons to death a few months after that.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:32   Link #10054
Lord Pertinax
Word Bearers Kommandant

I have to make the out of the way question, because if I don't do it, the it wouldn't be me, but, no translation for the Vivid episode yet?

"For each hero's song thousands die alone, unsung and unremembered." Anonymous.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:53   Link #10055
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Not that I'm aware of. It hasn't been translated by Wings of Yuri, at any rate; they might have lost interest due to the decreased yuri content.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:08   Link #10056
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of. It hasn't been translated by Wings of Yuri, at any rate; they might have lost interest due to the decreased yuri content.
There was yuri content in ViVid?

Since when?

Old 2010-06-21, 14:16   Link #10057
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Since when?
There was a lot of yuri subtext by Nanoha standards. Probably more than StrikerS, which had quite a bit already.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:17   Link #10058
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Since when?
Since Nanoha and Fate appeared in the same room together. Also, since Vivio saw Einhart.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:31   Link #10059
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
There was a lot of yuri subtext by Nanoha standards. Probably more than StrikerS, which had quite a bit already.
You have to wear Yuri-tinted goggles to see Yuri in ViVid.

Seriously, the closest I've seen so far was Wendi and Nove. And one could argue that was just Wendi acting like a kid sister to Nove.

Old 2010-06-21, 14:33   Link #10060
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
You have to wear Yuri-tinted goggles to see Yuri in ViVid.

Seriously, the closest I've seen so far was Wendi and Nove. And one could argue that was just Wendi acting like a kid sister to Nove.
Well, if you really tilt your head and squint, you could say that there's subtext between Einhart and Vivio, given how they act around each other and the backgrounds you're working with for their respective ancestors. Personally, I myself don't see the spark or like the pairing (or Ein herself, for that matter), but the subtext is kind of there if you really look.

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen