AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 01:52   Link #1041
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Beautiful packaging is one way to easily win me over, and that is one of the sexiest packages I've ever seen in my life. I changed my mind about purchasing it earlier this month; however, I may have to change my mind again, especially for that price...
Old 2010-12-20, 04:47   Link #1042
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Buddhism teaches that we shouldn't become attached to material possessions. After this morning's courier delivery I'm one step further away from Nirvana:
That is nowhere any further because happiness is not a material possession.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 16:01   Link #1043
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is nowhere any further because happiness is not a material possession.
I approve of this logic
Old 2010-12-20, 17:18   Link #1044
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Buddhism teaches that we shouldn't become attached to material possessions. After this morning's courier delivery I'm one step further away from Nirvana:

(If the figures' poses look at all unnatural, blame the incompetence of the photographer, not Good Smile.)

All in all it's a pretty impressive package for ¥4000. The stop-motion movie is very cool - it's "only" about 20 seconds long, but after watching the making-of video that comes with it you can see why it took them seven days to shoot those 20 seconds (and because it was made in Hollywood, maybe two thirds of the interviews are in English with Japanese subs).

Also, the background song that plays during the movie and credits has completely burrowed its way inside my head. Unless Hahn can really hit the high notes then he's only responsible for the remix and not the vocals - but dammit, I wants it, even if it is(?) Hatsune Miku.

So yeah, satisfied customer here. Let's hope we see more R2-quality releases that are as gaijin-friendly as this baby.
Who need Nirvana anyway this packaging is way prettier
Old 2010-12-21, 22:17   Link #1045
digi.amuro

Yay, X-mas has finally come. Got my boxed set in the mail today along with the BRS Phenomenon book (which I haven't had the time to scan in yet). Simon already went over the boxed set, so I'll go over the book. I can't read a lick of japanese but the book is pretty cool anyways.

From what I can infer, it goes over the conceptualization of BRS by Huke, the Supercell video, the figures, ova, stop motion, some other stuff (fanfare, interviews, art work, storyboards and the like) and even something about the upcoming game, which I hope is new info. I'll see about scanning in some pages later when I get the chance to.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:20   Link #1046
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Wiki needs precious information about that, digi.amuro!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 20:59   Link #1047
digi.amuro

Merry X-mas, I finally had enough time to scan up part of the book. However, I did not scan up anything already circulating around the internet (i.e. promo art and figure pics), which means I've gutted about half the first 60 pages.

The rest of the book (interviews, stop motion, storyboards, game info, etc) will probably be scanned in full, as it all looks like it could be new information and commentary. Since I don't know what this board's policy is towards this, I won't post the full set here. However, to those interested, message me this coming week. I'll probably make another post when it's finished, but until then...I'll leave a few pages here for you to check out.

Old 2010-12-25, 05:21   Link #1048
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post

That's cute.
Old 2010-12-29, 14:29   Link #1049
digi.amuro

Alright, I finally finished the book [minus the promo and model pics. I may do a full release later]. Anyway, if interested, PM me for details.
Old 2010-12-31, 17:12   Link #1050
Nerroth
NePoi!

I posted a few pics of my new Figma BRS over in the anime figurines thread, if anyone's interested.

Also: not bad.
Old 2011-01-01, 05:41   Link #1051
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Awesome, gj
Old 2011-01-05, 19:41   Link #1052
Simon
気持ち悪い

OST is out 2011-02-02, for those of us who couldn't make it to Comiket.
Old 2011-01-05, 23:08   Link #1053
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
So I watched it yesterday. I'll just say it wasn't what I was expecting. However it was enjoyable and the animation was very good. I knew people had a hard time understanding the SOL/fight scene parallel, but I enjoyed that creativeness.

If I had to rate it out of 5....3.5.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:15   Link #1054
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I watched about a week or too ago
Loved it was great..that was sad though i love how they really made that relationship feel real
Old 2011-01-18, 19:32   Link #1055
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There has been an edit war going on regarding Black★Gold Saw's name. Is it true that huke posted elsewhere that Black★Gold Saw's official name is actually Golden★Rock Saw and Strength is White★Rock Strength?

I need an urgent response to clarify stuff.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-01-19, 05:19   Link #1056
Cannikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There has been an edit war going on regarding Black★Gold Saw's name. Is it true that huke posted elsewhere that Black★Gold Saw's official name is actually Golden★Rock Saw and Strength is White★Rock Strength?

I need an urgent response to clarify stuff.
Black Gold Saw's name is rendered as such in all official media: ブラックゴールドソー (burakku goorudo soo/"Black Gold Saw"). Huke himself tends to refer to her (informally) as just ゴールドソー "Gold Saw" or even "Gold Saw-san", as seen on both his blog and his comments in the BRS Phenomenon book. Her abbreviation is "BGS", as seen in official artwork.

There's no star in her name either for that matter, despite what most people seem to use.
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 06:44   Link #1057
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ter_characters
Old 2011-01-19, 07:55   Link #1058
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^ Yeeeaaah, I wouldn't trust wikipedia when it comes to that kind of stuff. The japanese spelling provided for Golden Rock Saw is dead wrong (the kanji "see" for saw? lol. Someone used google translation) so I'm pretty sure it's total bullshit. The name is still Black Gold Saw on the japense wiki, or any other fansite. I couldn't find the full name in any official illustration done by Huke, but this should be enough:

http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/12...ease-huke-voca

BGS on the lower left.

The same goes for Strength. Wrong spelling and no mention of a "White Rock Strength" anywhere.
Old 2011-01-19, 08:10   Link #1059
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Guess Engrish spelling wins. =P
Old 2011-01-19, 08:53   Link #1060
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ha, I knew it. Honestly, I really have a hunch that Golden Rock Saw is not her true name, likewise for White Rock Strength.