AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-23, 15:12   Link #11041
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The limiters were to make it fair for the kids. Who all counts as 'kids' is up for question, though. Certainly Vivio and her friends wouldn't be limited, but I figure Erio's old enough and advanced enough where he's probably under a limiter too.
Old 2010-07-23, 15:31   Link #11042
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's kind of a baseless assumption though. Erio's probably not a high enough ranked mage to be under a limiter. It was never mentioned him being under one, anyways.

I didn't even think Teana and Subaru were under one,(Makes sense if they were, though) let alone Erio. And if Erio was, it probably means Caro would be under one too, which I highly doubt. This might be plausible in Force, but I'm just not seeing it in Vivid.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-07-23 at 15:42.
Old 2010-07-23, 15:41   Link #11043
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
its not like their attacks won't deal damage. I imagine the rules of the match allows for some balance.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-07-23, 16:34   Link #11044
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
That's kind of a baseless assumption though. Erio's probably not a high enough ranked mage to be under a limiter. It was never mentioned him being under one, anyways.

I didn't even think Teana and Subaru were under one,(Makes sense if they were, though) let alone Erio. And if Erio was, it probably means Caro would be under one too, which I highly doubt. This might be plausible in Force, but I'm just not seeing it in Vivid.
End of StrikerS - Caro - A+ rank mage. Erio, Subaru, Teana - AA rank mage. Lutecia - S rank summoner now under severe limiter.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-07-23, 16:56   Link #11045
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

What. They're all under limiters at the end of StrikerS? Source?

Apparently I'm not aware of the purpose of the limiter if even A+ mages need them.

Though I just went back to an episode where Nanoha releases Teana's limiter. Shows how much I remember from StrikerS. Don't think Erio and Caro arent being considered 'children' in any case. They're certainly not adults yet.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-07-23 at 17:14.
Old 2010-07-23, 16:59   Link #11046
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

The limiters in this context are to make it fairer for the kids like Vivio, Corona, etc. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair for fully trained, battle hardened Bureau personel to go all out against a bunch of elementary schoolers who do combat training as a hobby.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:19   Link #11047
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It wouldn't be fair for someone to fight someone else three ranks above them, either.

With how much weight each additional rank is supposed to have in battle, I don't see why Erio and Caro wouldn't be bunched in with the kids. And can't grasp how the age of 14 is supposed to be an adult.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:41   Link #11048
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

They've still been in the Bureau since they were 10, they've fought in what was effectively a war, dealt with exploding zombies, and handle poachers on a daily basis. In terms of life experience, you can't really lump them in with the happy school children who are 4 years their junior.

It's quite possible they were limited, but it's also possible the limiter they were under isn't as strong as the limiter the Nanoha was under.

Anyways, I guess the real point here is that the limiter is being used as an excuse for why Fate lost to Erio. "It wasn't Fate's fault, it was the limiters!" Consider then that perhaps Fate under a limiter put her at the same rank as Erio. It still proves that Erio has considerable skill that he managed to win. We know that differences in power levels can be made up for with skill. This was also the point of that one StrikerS manga chapter.

In short, limiter or no, Fate's superior skills should have allowed her to win. But since she didn't win, what that says is clear.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:42   Link #11049
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

That the writer is not above throwing bones at the fans of the rare male characters as long as some skin is shown? x_x;

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:45   Link #11050
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The weight of mage rank has always been questionable. AAA-ranked Nanoha and Fate got stomped by a AA-ranked granny when they were lolis, if you recall the manga. It is possible for a lower ranked mage to take down a higher ranked mage, depending on the experience, skill, and battlefield circumstances.

Battles are never pure statistics, if they were people would just measure their statistics and the one with the lower values would go home.

Think about it: A nine year old Fate could hold her own against Signum, Erio has several more years under his belt, and can hold his own against Fate. Simple as that.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:51   Link #11051
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They've still been in the Bureau since they were 10, they've fought in what was effectively a war, dealt with exploding zombies, and handle poachers on a daily basis. In terms of life experience, you can't really lump them in with the happy school children who are 4 years their junior.

It's quite possible they were limited, but it's also possible the limiter they were under isn't as strong as the limiter the Nanoha was under.

Anyways, I guess the real point here is that the limiter is being used as an excuse for why Fate lost to Erio. "It wasn't Fate's fault, it was the limiters!" Consider then that perhaps Fate under a limiter put her at the same rank as Erio. It still proves that Erio has considerable skill that he managed to win. We know that differences in power levels can be made up for with skill. This was also the point of that one StrikerS manga chapter.

In short, limiter or no, Fate's superior skills should have allowed her to win. But since she didn't win, what that says is clear.
Erio didn't TKO Fate, STB did. Erio only hit Fate before stb finished her off. Doesn't change how crappy I find it, though. Maybe if it was a good lead up but all I see is Fate transforming into her sexiest attire just so Erio could shred it to pieces and show some skin.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:06   Link #11052
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

are you trying to defend fate with some sort of offended passion? Otherwise we seem to agree. Its just fanservice.

The mock battle damage is calculated. The actual damage outside of it is a different calculation. Their armor was surely damaged by the blasts. Paint balls sting. Speaking of which, a kid can be better at paint ball then a real gun, if that's any sort of level versus skill assessment.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2010-07-23 at 18:29.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:27   Link #11053
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's not the point. Every fight is just another excuse to give fan-service as it's parting gift.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:33   Link #11054
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

y so srs over a supposed to be fun match, Killy? u mad? Or is this venting future Fate never winning jsaimoe. Well, let's see how naked Fate gets in Force NEXT because less clothes means more power for Fate.

Eh, so I wonder what's next in Vivid. Hoping to look at a certain someone's past more. Or for Ix to do anything.

Also, I think I have received LQ raws of Force and I'm assuming they're not the Chinese nipple censored ones. o:

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-07-23, 18:45   Link #11055
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

'cause that was infuriating, hmph.
Old 2010-07-23, 19:36   Link #11056
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Fate wasn't beaten by Erio OR Nanoha...

She was defeated by modesty.

"Eeek! I'm naked now!"

XD

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-07-23, 20:32   Link #11057
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

My body cannot handle Fate.

*explodes*
Old 2010-07-23, 20:37   Link #11058
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Would a character that willingly changes into a skimpy bathing suit for combat, have any modesty at all?

Besides, Fate secretly LIKES to be beaten. It just means she'll like Erio and Nanoha more. =)
Old 2010-07-23, 20:44   Link #11059
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Think about it: A nine year old Fate could hold her own against Signum, Erio has several more years under his belt, and can hold his own against Fate. Simple as that.
Just remeber that Signum was holding back at the time and properly win over Fate on the majority of their subsequent rematches(tough, it's also implied that Fate could achieve victory from time to time), and when it's that Erio have experience, we don't see or even heared of that, he just go from average to great skilled from one season to another without developement.

As for the Fight i don't take this too seriusly, first of all, is blatant fanservice excuse, second Fate wasn't a battle maniac like Signum or Nanoha and it's probably that she's fighting just for fun and to see how her childs have improved, so it's normal she's not as sharped and cunning as in a serious battle or against a serious opponent(it doesn't look like she's taking Erio too seriously to beign with, and probably in FORCE she would wipe the floor with opponents who are far dangerous than him). So as Fate win "some" of her matches with Signum, Erio could win "this" match agains her. Fate is at a superior level but no one can win all the time and this is one os those when luck is against her.

EDIT: I'll claim this page for the unresolved "Kouya" attack with Laevatein.
Old 2010-07-23, 20:49   Link #11060
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Weren't the adults fighting with limiters on?

Not such a big deal then.

And again I cannot conceive how hot Fate is. GOD.

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen