Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-16, 13:15   Link #1961
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm not sure. In my point of view, Haruhi E8 and the rest was Kadokawa/KyoAni intentionally pissing in our faces. At least I'm not going to forgive them anytime soon.
I think I heard somewhere that KyoAni did apologize for the Endless Eight thing. Something like, "We thought people would find it fun to be in a time loop of their own, but it seems we were wrong. Sorry to Haruhi fans." So it seems like KyoAni's heart was in the right place, and they just wanted to give the fans a fun experience.

I'm not really sure who I want to win this contest. I'm equally partial to all the Seitokai, Higurashi, Sora no Otoshimono, and Lucky Star characters (Tsukasa and Kagami, anyway, not Konata so much).
Old 2010-04-16, 18:16   Link #1962
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I have no doubts that Mikoto should win the majority of her matches. But if anyone had a reason to pull an upset against her, Nadeko would be the one to take that chance.

Hinagiku has not yet been tested as much. She may get that chance when she faces a series boosted character in Azusa. I still think Hina will win despite the abscence of the Hayate series.

Few other good matches, but they could be one sided.
Considering how she won her first 6 Aquamarine matches just to find out she was mathematically eliminated by Aquamarine 7, I would say the toughest matches are still out there for Hinagiku.
Old 2010-04-16, 20:30   Link #1963
Sphire

Yes but that's hardly Hina's fault. Not only did all her Aqua opponents face each other in round 7, I was just randomly looking back and realised, they always fought amongst themselves for the entire period. They were like in their own little league of 8 people (including Hina). So the max she got from her opponents from any round was 9 SDO, where since 9 x 7 = 63, the maths is correct.

She never really had a chance at the Aqua necklace, not unless everyone else lost at least once (which seems impossible).

While I don't mind the 'little league' thing, since everyone still faces each other and there'll probably be others who go through the same experience later, it is somewhat a poor judge of strength of those 8 against the rest of the field. At least currently. Isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I still believe Mio and Mikoto had tougher matches, and deserve the positions they got.
Old 2010-04-16, 20:35   Link #1964
Team Rocket Elite

The toughest matches for the top tier characters are definitely still a few matches away. Even if you look good now, if you draw Shana as your opponent in Topaz 7 you're probably out of the running. I don't expect Mikoto or Hinagiku to have any trouble winning their matches. Azusa may be on the rise but she shouldn't be at Hinagiku's level yet.
Old 2010-04-16, 20:45   Link #1965
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
The toughest matches for the top tier characters are definitely still a few matches away. Even if you look good now, if you draw Shana as your opponent in Topaz 7 you're probably out of the running. I don't expect Mikoto or Hinagiku to have any trouble winning their matches. Azusa may be on the rise but she shouldn't be at Hinagiku's level yet.
If she's past Yui's level I'm going to be astounded.
Old 2010-04-16, 22:12   Link #1966
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Glad that Fate won.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-04-16, 22:31   Link #1967
hinakatbklyn

I'm either guessing Kurimu is not ready for ISML or just enough have seen the F/SN movie to give Illysaviel a boost. Mafuyu is winning though. Didn't see any other unexpected results.
Old 2010-04-16, 22:36   Link #1968
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If she's past Yui's level I'm going to be astounded.
I'd actually put Azusa at roughly equal to Yui right now in terms of strength.

My thoughts on Topaz 3:

Unsurprisingly, Nanoha and Ushio got killed out there. The K-On crew once again all exceeded my expectations. Nothing huge but it's a bit more on top of what I gave them last time. Hinagiku probably wants to fight Mio in Topaz 7 and hope it's not too late. If Mio continues to rise after Topaz, Hinagiku's chances of beating Mio become worse and worse. Nymph isn't too strong so the result shouldn't be taken too seriously but it's never good news for characters trying to beat Shana to hear "Shana looked better than I thought in that match". Shana's opponents better hope that's just Shana being good at blowouts.
Old 2010-04-17, 01:11   Link #1969
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Azusa vs Hinagiku - now there's a VERY notable contest!
Old 2010-04-17, 02:08   Link #1970
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Hinagiku will put a pretty good beating on Azusa. She'll lose by a minimum of 500 votes.

Good to see Fate win, though at the expense of Nanoha...But I'll have to take every win she can manage this year... Any slip-ups and she's likely to not make top 16.
Old 2010-04-17, 05:12   Link #1971
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quick Question: If Yui somehow beats Yuki (oh please, oh please, oh please), what would her chances of winning Topaz look like?
Old 2010-04-17, 06:13   Link #1972
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Yeah! Holo won hers!

I was very afraid... as I use this forum to guage my predictions of how she will do each time, and it seemed there was a lot of support for H(F)urude Rika.

Next she is set against Mio... I naturally think Holo is better, but I am afraid (given the outcomes of many of the voting periods) she may get a raw deal here... of course that is only my opinion!

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-04-17 at 06:15. Reason: I accidently posted something not allowed
Old 2010-04-17, 08:15   Link #1973
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Quick Question: If Yui somehow beats Yuki (oh please, oh please, oh please), what would her chances of winning Topaz look like?
Yuki is ahead of Yui in overall ranking. Whenever you beat someone on top of you in overall ranking, you will drastically increase your chance of winning the necklace for the period.
Old 2010-04-17, 08:18   Link #1974
hinakatbklyn

I don't think enough have seen the Haruhi movie so, (at best) Yui has some chance of winning against Yuki. At this rate, she would be close enough to challenge for Topaz if she did beat Yuki. But I'm betting she would have to face Azusa or Mio also in Topaz (who have the same boost) and would lose by quite a bit.

I'm actually going to say Azusa would be the current front runner if she beats Hinagiku.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:49   Link #1975
Sphire

Yui has been looking strong recently. Her big win over Ami in round 3 was impressive I thought. However I still think it would be an upset for her to beat Yuki (though I felt the same for
Mio when she faced Yuki). But if she does, it would really boost her necklace claim.

I feel it'll be down to Taiga and Hina for Topaz. If Hina can subdue Azusa well, she still has a chance even though she faced Nodoka(one could hope for the Saki girls to face each other). Taiga should overcome Rin, although I secretly hope for Rin to win and claim the necklace in the end.

And shucks Minatsu couldn't beat Kagami last round.
Old 2010-04-17, 15:37   Link #1976
Team Rocket Elite

Yuki is the strongest opponent Yui will fight in Topaz. If Yui wins, she looks good to have 7 wins in Topaz and be in the running to win the necklace. From there it's mostly luck. Yui just needs to hope her opponents do well to raise her SDO.

It's still too early to narrow down who even has a chance to win the necklace. Other than Shana, we don't even know who is likely to get 7 wins in Topaz and we won't know until after Topaz 6.
Old 2010-04-17, 15:40   Link #1977
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Next she is set against Mio... I naturally think Holo is better, but I am afraid (given the outcomes of many of the voting periods) she may get a raw deal here... of course that is only my opinion!
As much as I prefer Horo over Mio, Mio will mop the floor with Horo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Yuki is the strongest opponent Yui will fight in Topaz. If Yui wins, she looks good to have 7 wins in Topaz and be in the running to win the necklace. From there it's mostly luck. Yui just needs to hope her opponents do well to raise her SDO.
(ノ)゚Д゚(ヽ)

Please no.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:29   Link #1978
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Fear not, Yui will never manage to defeat Yuki, lol.

Though K-ON S2 seems to be giving Yui the largest boost so far. Originally, Azusa was quite a bit stronger than Yui, now they seem on par with eachother. And Mio...well...seems she's reached Shana level domination. If she gets any stronger, even Shana's chances vs. her will start to dwindle. It may already be too late for Hina.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:56   Link #1979
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As much as I prefer Horo over Mio, Mio will mop the floor with Horo.
See that's what I don't understand... I wish people could explain to me how all (exageration I know) these characters are better than her.

I mean come on... I could write a dissertation (if I had the time) on why Holo is better than any of these other girls. Granted a lot of it would be strictly my opinion, but still...

Sorry, I'm just a passionate person... hope I don't come off too strong at times.
Old 2010-04-17, 17:09   Link #1980
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Well first, even if one character is better than another character, it doesn't make that character more moe.

...And more than anything, this contest is at least 50% popularity contest, so characters without ridiculously popular series get shafted because of the voting demographics lack of anime knowledge.

One of the main reasons K-ON (among others...) does so well in ISML is because their series is second to none in terms of popularity. The fact Ui isn't being crushed every match and she's a side character who hardly appears...is proof enough of that.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting