AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-25, 06:02   Link #181
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Ok. Sorry for the off-topic but: is that... is that the fundamental equation of General Relativity in your sig ?
Yes, it is the Einstein Field Equation.
Old 2014-02-25, 06:37   Link #182
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Yes, it is the Einstein Field Equation.
Oh, okay . I don't know much about GR but I could tell that one at least.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 16:02   Link #183
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Heh... episode 9.

Yokoi (Grade 2 knitting master) stop trying to deny it. "As expected of Seki-kun." You've totally fallen for him girl.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 16:14   Link #184
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yokoi is a knitting otaku, eh?

Who would have thought? ^^

Felt sorry for Seki-kun at the end. I would prolly have been scared too.
Old 2014-03-02, 16:58   Link #185
Bern-san

Where does Seki find the time to learn to do all these things
Yokoi gets more and more caught in his shenanigans..
Old 2014-03-02, 18:00   Link #186
MCAL

Oh now I'm just convinced that Seki-kun knows exactly what makes Yokoi tick.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 18:14   Link #187
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know when I started watching this I was under the assumption that a premise like this would get old quickly but no. Nine episodes and if anything I'm loving this show even more.

Oh, and I'm totally shipping these two together.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 18:55   Link #188
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yokoi being an expert at knitting was unexpected. I doubt many girls are into it these days. Boys into knitting are even more of a rarity, but nothing surprises me coming from Seki. I'm convinced he's a genius that can do everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Heh... episode 9.

Yokoi (Grade 2 knitting master) stop trying to deny it. "As expected of Seki-kun." You've totally fallen for him girl.
I loved those "as expected of Seki-kun". She's completely acknowledged him. It will take some time before she becomes aware of her own feelings though.
Old 2014-03-05, 01:49   Link #189
Dark Wing

oh wow Knitting... serious business...

Admit it Yokoi you have to hots for Seki-kun. It's the whole reason you can't stop looking his way!
Old 2014-03-05, 09:34   Link #190
LKK

As someone who crochets amigurumi, I was totally taken with this episode. Not to say that I haven't been totally taken with the previous ones, mind you. But I could easily identify with Yokoi getting caught up in the mechanics of how Seki made his catcus. Like Yokoi, I've never heard of anyone making amigurumi using the afghan stitch, but I think it could indeed work for a catcus. The stitch's texture is reminiscent of the catcus' ridges.

By the way, did anyone notice, as my hubby did, that Yokoi and the translations were using "knitting" and "crocheting" interchangeably? I don't know much about the Japanese language. But this much I do know: the Japanese use the same word for "knitting" and "crocheting". Unless you see the hook, as Yokoi did, or the stitches close-up, you can't differentiate between the two crafts in Japanese. I've always wondered how they talk about the two crafts without getting confused.

Now I have the itch to study the afghan stitch and see if the animators got the movements correct.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 17:05   Link #191
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Now I have the itch to study the afghan stitch and see if the animators got the movements correct.
I think that if you were so scrupulous as to actually remake the cactus and post a pic you'd become a Hero of the Internet.

Old 2014-03-05, 18:06   Link #192
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I think that if you were so scrupulous as to actually remake the cactus and post a pic you'd become a Hero of the Internet.
Famous for making the cactus or infamous for making it some wrong way? A double-edge sword for sure.

The episode skipped a critical stage from a crafting perspective. We never saw how Seki attached the branches. Did he crochet them separately & then sew them on once the trunk was complete? That's the most common way. But you can also create them ahead of time and join them in while crocheting the trunk. That's a more complicated method. It may also be possible to make the branches at the same time as making the trunk. I think. I'd have to think carefully to figure out if that's possible. Regardless, we never did see how Seki came up with the branches and attached them. They just magically appeared attached to the trunk. I guess how the branches came to be there will forever remain one of the many mysteries that make up of the Master of Killing Time's accomplishments.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 04:28   Link #193
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Famous for making the cactus or infamous for making it some wrong way? A double-edge sword for sure.

The episode skipped a critical stage from a crafting perspective. We never saw how Seki attached the branches. Did he crochet them separately & then sew them on once the trunk was complete? That's the most common way. But you can also create them ahead of time and join them in while crocheting the trunk. That's a more complicated method. It may also be possible to make the branches at the same time as making the trunk. I think. I'd have to think carefully to figure out if that's possible. Regardless, we never did see how Seki came up with the branches and attached them. They just magically appeared attached to the trunk. I guess how the branches came to be there will forever remain one of the many mysteries that make up of the Master of Killing Time's accomplishments.
This is a guy who managed to install trapdoors in his desk. Don't underestimate him .

Old 2014-03-06, 10:37   Link #194
Clarste
Human

Quote:

I was wondering about the branches too. His tube didn't seem to take them into account.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 16:48   Link #195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not just us, even characters within the anime think Yokoi is in love with Seki. I like this new girl.
Old 2014-03-09, 16:54   Link #196
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was the best episode ever! It made me laugh so hard. Without all of the usual perverted anime antics for when people think two other people are in love when they're not, this episode was absolutely hilarious. I'm really happy they had an episode like this one.

The golf was pretty fun, but the new girl made it even more hilarious. Lol, I wonder what they were doing under the desk?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 18:46   Link #197
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 10: Goto-san vision

This episode was like a rich and dreamy frosting on a super delicious cake! It was just that good.

Being one of my favorite chapters from the manga (chapter 22), this episode is now my favorite of the series (so far). It is, in fact, funnier than the manga, even though it is a near carbon-copy. Goto-san and her over-active imagination is hilarious, as well as how her braids seem to react on their own to her emotions (when she's not pulling on them, of course).

As corny and clichéd as the scenario may be overused in anime, I know I haven't seen a misinterpretation of events done so well in so little time. And I am very pleased that they used the ED time to extend the episode. It's amazing how well they tell a story in six and a half minutes.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of Goto-san (and her imagination)!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 19:26   Link #198
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Shipper on Deck!

Warning Yokoi, Goto may look like a supporter, but she's go her own interesting way of interpreting things.

I love how Goto gave Yokoi an 18+ warning label.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 20:02   Link #199
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think deep down there's a little Goto-san in all of us.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 23:13   Link #200
MCAL

Goto-san... The shipper's proxy.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short comedy skit, slice-of-life