AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 11:20   Link #4761
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
True, but the one factor did remain.. The zombies were still blind and stupid creatures. But the last episode took that away totally any semblance of the plot of the show. Oh let's make the zombies act intelligent and attack a gate in force and act like they are not blind at all. Let's change the whole aspect of the zombies in the last episode.

The bullet time could of just been explained away a bit by it was slow motion of what happened when she dodged.. not that time slowed down actually and she actually dodged the bullets but changing the entire aspect of the show by changing the Zombies and how they acted was too much.
The reason they probably bundled the gate was if you think about it, a human population living somewhere is going to make a lot of noise. It's not exactly going to be quiet.

That's why they had a large radius around for like an outer wall, so Zombies wouldn't hear anything and not bother them. Although one thing I didn't have any idea about is why they had a wall which was just two cinderblocks and a forklift. What would that actually stop?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:30   Link #4762
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
True, but the one factor did remain.. The zombies were still blind and stupid creatures. But the last episode took that away totally any semblance of the plot of the show. Oh let's make the zombies act intelligent and attack a gate in force and act like they are not blind at all. Let's change the whole aspect of the zombies in the last episode.
Blind, stupid and super strong you mean

i'm no doctor but I doubt that even a walking dead with huge bite holes in their body, missing flesh, huge blood loss is capable of being stronger than the average human.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:21   Link #4763
dfens

kenjiharima that image 2011 is for the OVA Blu-Ray bundle with volume 7 of the manga it's slated for the end of April.

molitar if you want more realism read the manga. Yeah the anime has pushed my buttons in a few places but I still love it. Other than the changes of when parts happened etc I though the last episode was great, plus with the music it was fantastic.

Yeah the humvee on 2 wheels with shizuka behind the wheel was far fetched but I've seen much worse in other anime where even when they are using magic or advanced technology I said to myself yeah right.

Just sit back and enjoy the show people seems like everyone wants to critic every little thing like they are some film expert and that every show has to be the next master piece.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:27   Link #4764
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for not really spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 13:31   Link #4765
4Tran

I quite liked watching this show even if I don't know if I'm interested in seeing any more. For me, Highschool of the Dead is anime's version of the '80s action film (like Commando). The combination of senseless violence and mindless sex is a tried and true formula, and it's one I found entertaining. The writing and story aren't very good, but that's to be expected, and it doesn't detract too much in comparison. The main problems are the relatively uninteresting character stories and that awfully pretentious T.S. Eliot quote. I can definitely see this kind of show doing better in North America than Japan.

Quote:
Where did the discussion of the show go? I will tell you if season 2 is just as bad as episode 12 than I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT! Episode 12 was awful! The zombies did not act anything like all the other episodes as in blind and wandering only towards sound! A Humvee doing what it did on 2 wheels.. what a laugh! The show went from any semblance of realism to utter fiasco! Episode 12 was a total cop out to the rest of the show and was just utterly awful.
I don't think that the last episode was sort of par for course. Personally, I prefer the push to mindless violence over the character stories that they'd been going with at the end. Were there even any good backstories?

Quote:
Zombies need power boosts in order to have a story to begin with. The whole story wouldn't work if zombies behaved offscreen exactly as they were depicted. "A Few Zombies Show Up and Are Defeated Easily" doesn't make for a very good title (although "Highschool of the Dead" isn't exactly accurate either ).
Old 2010-09-26, 13:51   Link #4766
moncikoma

We need season 2 asap!
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 13:54   Link #4767
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Where did the discussion of the show go? I will tell you if season 2 is just as bad as episode 12 than I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT! Episode 12 was awful! The zombies did not act anything like all the other episodes as in blind and wandering only towards sound! A Humvee doing what it did on 2 wheels.. what a laugh! The show went from any semblance of realism to utter fiasco! Episode 12 was a total cop out to the rest of the show and was just utterly awful.
I'm sorry but I don't think sonic tits capable of dodging bullets are all that realistic.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:42   Link #4768
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
We need season 2 asap!
I have too agree and will probably get one soon
Old 2010-09-26, 17:39   Link #4769
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Each season, there is one overly hyped series, and this time HotD was the candidate. It may be liked by some viewers, but HotD joined Asobi ni Iku Yo on my "Worst" list for the Fall lineup.

First off, HotD inherited a common shortcoming found in many zombie apocalypse films - lots of action and zero original story. You could have simply viewed the PV trailer and not missed out on much. I thought about potential spoilers, but I came up empty. Sure, seeing zombies get their heads blown off was fun for a while, but I need something with a solid story to keep me interested.

The only reason I kept watching HotD was because Saeko was such an awesome character since I like athletic women who kick ass. If she wasn't in this series, it would have been very difficult going up to the final episode. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her off in Season 2 so that Takashi ends back up with Rei (puke)...If that happens, I certainly will stop watching.

I don't mind a little fan service, and enjoy ecchi comedy if done right, but this was a bit ridiculous. And since when are breasts animated to shift as if they were entirely made of liquid?
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 17:58   Link #4770
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Each season, there is one overly hyped series, and this time HotD was the candidate. It may be liked by some viewers, but HotD joined Asobi ni Iku Yo on my "Worst" list for the Fall lineup.

First off, HotD inherited a common shortcoming found in many zombie apocalypse films - lots of action and zero original story. You could have simply viewed the PV trailer and not missed out on much. I thought about potential spoilers, but I came up empty. Sure, seeing zombies get their heads blown off was fun for a while, but I need something with a solid story to keep me interested.

The only reason I kept watching HotD was because Saeko was such an awesome character since I like athletic women who kick ass. If she wasn't in this series, it would have been very difficult going up to the final episode. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her off in Season 2 so that Takashi ends back up with Rei (puke)...If that happens, I certainly will stop watching.

I don't mind a little fan service, and enjoy ecchi comedy if done right, but this was a bit ridiculous. And since when are breasts animated to shift as if they were entirely made of liquid?
Of course it was that is what HotD was a zombie anime style series and that what makes it so awesome. Something like this you don't get much in anime. I do agree that story is important to any anime, but what made this so popular is that it something completely different
Old 2010-09-26, 18:23   Link #4771
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Not liking it for the characters? Sure, completely understandable. Even I don't like Rei and the nurse. Hating it for the lack of in-depth original story and realism in HotD? By the gods...
Old 2010-09-26, 18:40   Link #4772
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Not liking it for the characters? Sure, completely understandable. Even I don't like Rei and the nurse. Hating it for the lack of in-depth original story and realism in HotD? By the gods...
Indeed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Of course it was that is what HotD was a zombie anime style series and that what makes it so awesome. Something like this you don't get much in anime. I do agree that story is important to any anime, but what made this so popular is that it something completely different
Of course, there is never enough zombie animes to go around
Old 2010-09-26, 19:02   Link #4773
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

The bullet time could of just been explained away a bit by it was slow motion of what happened when she dodged.. not that time slowed down actually and she actually dodged the bullets but changing the entire aspect of the show by changing the Zombies and how they acted was too much.
Actually, there as an idiot running all the way to the mansion shouting "OMG ZOMBIES, THEY'RE HERE!" while firing a shotgun somewhere along the way. Lets not forget that running frantically also makes loud footsteps. The entire area seemed pretty quiet before that so naturally all the zombies that got past the broken barrier were swarming there. To me it seemed more like the gate crashed because they just blindly mobbed the thing while trying to advance forward, like that stupid zombie that kept walking forward into a locker and not stopping in a previous ep. Admittedly there were a few tiny scenes in the series where the zombies acted OOC (Don Takagi's ex-friend bursting out at full speed when let out of the cage), but I think overall HOTD stuck fairly closely to their notion of zombies.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 22:16   Link #4774
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't think sonic tits capable of dodging bullets are all that realistic.
I had no idea breasts were capable of shifting around as if they were made of liquid either. Also, the fact Rei was not seriously injured after being violently hurled from the vehicle at a high velocity which resulted in her landing hard on her spine was pretty unbelievable as well.
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 22:19   Link #4775
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I had no idea breasts were capable of shifting around as if they were made of liquid either. Also, the fact Rei was not seriously injured after being violently hurled from the vehicle at a high velocity which resulted in her landing hard on her spine was pretty unbelievable as well.
I think it is more accurate to say that who knew teenagers had liquid in there breast
Old 2010-09-27, 01:50   Link #4776
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Just watched episode 1 today and I think it was great, only complain about the fanservice & echii stuff, I don't think that feet in here :/
Old 2010-09-27, 09:27   Link #4777
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Just watched episode 1 today and I think it was great, only complain about the fanservice & echii stuff, I don't think that feet in here :/
Wow you saw the first episode just now? Cool then.
As for the ecchi will go over with defying the laws fof booby physics.
Old 2010-09-27, 09:37   Link #4778
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Can't they just plot a bunch of C4's or explosives somewhere and just detonate one that is further off and keep really quiet so all the zombies go somewhere else?

Idk if zombies are blind, why not just keep super quiet? and then go chill in the basement where no one can hear you, or make a sound proof room or something.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 10:28   Link #4779
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Yeah like a lot of people who believed that this show was more bloody action etc....
This show prio1 = Fanservice . This is a show with hot girls surrounded by zombies ^^ well check on the firsts page you'll see why .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:09   Link #4780
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Wow you saw the first episode just now? Cool then.
As for the ecchi will go over with defying the laws fof booby physics.
lol, yeah, quite noticed it alredy. XD

There was a scene in episode 1 that made my day:

Before: "We're best friends!"

Later: "Let me go you bi@%$!"

Man, that just killed me. XD

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse