AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-25, 09:05   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

Okay now I'm addicted to heaven's tree, wtb air date shaft! summer or fall?
Old 2008-03-25, 09:24   Link #82
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
from the youtube opening i have 1 question : is this going to be a boingfest anime?
Old 2008-03-25, 09:25   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

It has a lot of fan service but it will have some substance behind it if SHAFT follow the manga and from the trailer/op1 they seem to be following it rather well. Anyway I'm getting the 8 min special in dvd quality now, yay.
Old 2008-03-25, 09:28   Link #84
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
kk, from what i saw it s : maid + medfan + fanservice = me not watching unless there is a good plot.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:00   Link #85
Iron Maw
Banned

Like Westlo said, there is a decent plot, but the fanservice might a bit much for some people.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:14   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

From what I've read the fan service is only really heavy at the start, so if you watch 1-2 and decide to drop it because of the fanservice don't. Since their really shouldn't be too much more after it. Anyway the dvd rip looks real nice and yay for nips I guess...
Old 2008-03-25, 11:15   Link #87
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
From what I've read of the manga, it does indeed look somewhat promising, unless one decides to ignore any indication of the plot pointedly and blame it all on fanservice, or consider the writers simply trying to 'make things look serious but failing miserably'.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:39   Link #88
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
From what I've read the fan service is only really heavy at the start, so if you watch 1-2 and decide to drop it because of the fanservice don't. Since their really shouldn't be too much more after it. Anyway the dvd rip looks real nice and yay for nips I guess...
I agree, though for some reason there seems to be a bathscene in every chapter, there isn't anything really in your face like R+V Anime.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:45   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

If there is heaps of fanservice later on it will be at the inclusion of SHAFT, anyway I've had the second song on loop for the last half an hour, also just read chapter 9 of the manga, that plot line is developing nicely and that queen... needs to die.
Old 2008-03-25, 22:22   Link #90
Avisch
Reality Blender

Agreed. She better not get any redemption before she dies either.

I hope Garlet/Gallet gets some development in this part of the story aswell.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-03-25, 22:30   Link #91
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

chp10 and 11 will be focus on garlet and her past.
Old 2008-03-25, 23:38   Link #92
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

There's a lot of fanservice, but the story is definetly going somewhere, it's just that with only so many chapters out we don't know yet.
Old 2008-03-25, 23:48   Link #93
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

You guys are all rambling on fanservice as if it was a bad thing. D:
Old 2008-03-25, 23:49   Link #94
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If there is heaps of fanservice later on it will be at the inclusion of SHAFT, anyway I've had the second song on loop for the last half an hour, also just read chapter 9 of the manga, that plot line is developing nicely and that queen... needs to die.
Personally I dont want her to die more like have some kind of poetic justice done, she is exiled from the country and made to go to shina dark and become Chrisrina's personal servent or something.
Old 2008-03-26, 01:43   Link #95
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler for chapter 13:

Quote:
Well I personally love fanservice and the artist for the manga, Higa Yukari, has a really sexy art style, so I have no problems with that issue.
Old 2008-03-26, 02:26   Link #96
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Normally, I'm looking forward to a Shina Dark anime...

But the amount of throwbacks that they did in the Negima!? anime and all of the shows before that makes me wonder if they'll be willing to insert references into this one as well...
Old 2008-03-26, 05:50   Link #97
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Theoretically, it's something that's feared by viewers who want a decent story and instead get something with overwhelming amounts of fanservice overshadowing it.

But if it goes according to the manga, I think Shina Dark ought to be a lot of fun with some balance in terms of seriousness.
Old 2008-03-26, 06:56   Link #98
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Normally, I'm looking forward to a Shina Dark anime...

But the amount of throwbacks that they did in the Negima!? anime and all of the shows before that makes me wonder if they'll be willing to insert references into this one as well...
Shaft usually does throwbacks in most anime, for Negima!? it had more since they had the creative freedom to do that because it wasn't a direct adaption of the manga. Anyways I see this series being handle similiar to how Shaft/Shinbo did with Moonphase where it had a good mix of comedy and drama.
Old 2008-03-26, 08:20   Link #99
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't mind the fan service Bearshare I'm just hoping not to be reading about complaints of fan service week in week out even though it has a solid plot behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
chp10 and 11 will be focus on garlet and her past.
That's good news, now I hope Exodia gets some development sometime soon.
Old 2008-03-26, 08:37   Link #100
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Shaft usually does throwbacks in most anime, for Negima!? it had more since they had the creative freedom to do that because it wasn't a direct adaption of the manga. Anyways I see this series being handle similiar to how Shaft/Shinbo did with Moonphase where it had a good mix of comedy and drama.
I see. That relieves my worries for a bit.

Now, for the next in the agenda... how much fanservice will they be willing to put in the show?

*looks at Negima!?*
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, seinen, shaft