AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-05-02, 16:03   Link #3941
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Remember though that thus far it seems that the "traditional" associations with the gods (Mercury - speed and Mars - war, etc.) do not seem to have held up thus far. Afaict the magaka only borrowed the names without bringing over much that "matches up" - as if to deliberately make it harder on the reader in the guessing game!

I still think that Ayumi has Mercury though, since I have been utterly "taken in" by the parallel, knowing full well I could be totally and utterly wrong.
Old 2011-05-02, 16:10   Link #3942
Seihai
スマイリウム

It would be funny if Wakaki used two dices to decide which goddess belongs to which girl. You know, up to the gods and so.
Old 2011-05-02, 16:51   Link #3943
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

If we're sticking to the four girls, based on who I'd want in the goddess-harem bloodbath, I'll go with Yui, Shiori and Ayumi (the way she and Chihiro treat Keima is similar anyway).

If eliminated girls are still game, I'd swap Shiori for Kusunoki/Nagase-sensei for the babe factor and just to see how Keima deals with having older girls in the loop.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:20   Link #3944
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Despite increasingly diminishing evidence to the contrary, I'd really REALLY like for Ayumi to be the only girl in Keima's goddess list to NOT have a goddess in her. Chalk it to having some attachment for the first girl in the series (despite me pulling hard for Tenri), but having Ayumi fall in love naturally with Keima would throw the goddess off-balance somewhat.
Old 2011-05-02, 21:24   Link #3945
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^I like the sound of that, but not sure how much Wakaki could devote to Keima dealing with a real romance (though obviously this will be important towards the end of the manga)

Rather have Ayumi in love with Keima + aware of the whole deal with heaven and hell - girls with goddesses do retain their memories even when switched right?
Old 2011-05-03, 00:25   Link #3946
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Despite increasingly diminishing evidence to the contrary, I'd really REALLY like for Ayumi to be the only girl in Keima's goddess list to NOT have a goddess in her. Chalk it to having some attachment for the first girl in the series (despite me pulling hard for Tenri), but having Ayumi fall in love naturally with Keima would throw the goddess off-balance somewhat.
This story is probably not going to head this way but if you look at the story, quite a lot of Ayumi's events could be considered natural. One of the more unique ones is when she saw how much Keima cared for Elsie when Elsie was depressed. Though in a way too, if Chihiro doesn't have one either, the way Keima is forcing events with her is causing rather unique consequences. I don't know, out of all the classmates Keima has, Ayumi & Chihiro seem to be unique in their own special way (excluding Elsie who is already special).
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 07:31   Link #3947
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I really hope that one of the girls on Keima's list actually has a sister and she ends up being a goddesses. We'll then see Keima trying to capture her while the girl on the list gets jelly.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:08   Link #3948
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I really hope that one of the girls on Keima's list actually has a sister and she ends up being a goddesses. We'll then see Keima trying to capture her while the girl on the list gets jelly.
Shiori maybe?

Then again, maybe not. BETTER NOT BE!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:11   Link #3949
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She already is. It is too late.

I may as well consider Yui as confirmed, and for me the last one is either Shiori or Chihiro.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:35   Link #3950
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think we can already confirm two possibilities, namely Chihiro and Yui.

Chihiro is very likely since Wakaki touted her to be supported in the Vol 11 omake - it is easy to see who is who when the author starts making biased moves towards a certain character.

Yui of course, is the biggest element in comedy, so Wakaki might be putting her into the fray. Pandering to his fujoshi fans I guess who want to see male-on-male action.

No Shiori it won't happen! Stop looking this way like that!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 13:42   Link #3951
Jimmy C

Diviating from the goddess sweepstakes, I've had a nagging thought about organization of the Runaway Spirits squads. Why do they even need district chiefs?
Think about it, a "chief" position implies enough personnel to require someone to keep them organized. Yet, there's no one else in Elsie's district except for her chief. Similarly, Haqua is the only demon mentioned in her own district. So what's the point of having district chiefs with so few demons running around in a district?
And before you say that the districts in question may be quite big, do note that Haqua's base, her partner's home is reasonably close to Keima's onw home. That means Keima's place is right on the district border and one of the two chiefs is stationed well off-center in her district.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:07   Link #3952
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Well, the part where three or four of them teamed up to capture Kusunoki-sis' spirit and Nora took command of them is a good example, I think.
Old 2011-05-03, 14:12   Link #3953
Jimmy C

But those were chiefs of other districts and they were differing to Nora because it was her district. There were more than just those chiefs, but they all appeared to be from other districts.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:33   Link #3954
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe what makes a district chief different from the rest of the squad is that they look for Weiss and send the lower rank devils to take of some of them if there are too many for the chief to handle at one time.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:15   Link #3955
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It would be funny if Wakaki used two dices to decide which goddess belongs to which girl. You know, up to the gods and so.
God does not throw dice.

Also, the plural is "die".
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:18   Link #3956
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Completely off topic but....

That was in the context of the Einstein - Bohr public debates, when Einstein was debating against the interpretation of reality in the frame of quantum physics. As he himself accepted later, he may be mistaken and conceded to the work of many quantum physicist who have demonstrated throughout the years that, effectively, the dice is rolling.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:45   Link #3957
Seihai
スマイリウム

Also off-topic but although I typo'd, "die" is still singular and "dice" is plural. I wanted to symbolize two dice and ended up writing dices accidently.
Old 2011-05-05, 09:05   Link #3958
kniteowl

Off topic, I always thought the plural was "dice" and the singular was "die"

On topic, Red hawk twitter said they just got the Jump raw 6 hours ago, I can't be bothered waiting any more, Maybe if I go to sleep and wake up in the morning the next chapter will be released.

I hope Keima returns to playing his PFP lol.
Old 2011-05-05, 09:10   Link #3959
lightbringer
M9000

Vanish is right, I mixed them up (been making this mistake for fifteen years now lol).

I'm also surprised Keima is not showing severe withdrawal symbols, but surely he'll do a 48-hour gaming session once the current crisis is over
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 17:48   Link #3960
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Off topic, I always thought the plural was "dice" and the singular was "die"

On topic, Red hawk twitter said they just got the Jump raw 6 hours ago, I can't be bothered waiting any more, Maybe if I go to sleep and wake up in the morning the next chapter will be released.

I hope Keima returns to playing his PFP lol.
Jump? But this series is in Sunday.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen