AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-15, 00:14   Link #1
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Don Krieg vs Arlong

I just finished watching the nami arc and I think don krieg could probably beat arlong one on one. Dk's crew sucks so he will probably lose if his crew fought arlongs crew but in 1 on 1 contest he stand a chance, he could even win
Old 2003-12-15, 00:43   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

eh i dont know. Arlong was in the Grand Line while Don Krieg couldnt survive a week. Arlong's bounty is heavier than Krieg's too. ITs also been said that arlong is stronger than Krieg.
Old 2003-12-15, 00:52   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Arlong would kick Krieg's *** all the way up the grand line and back again. Trust me. You saw how hard it was to take down arlong compared to Krieg. Dude, the only thing that kept Krieg from getting his *** mopped across the desk in his fight against luffy was that walking freaking swiss army ammo dump he called body armor. Remove that and Luffy would have just flattened him in record time. Arlong on the other hand fought bare chested. So yeah, Arlong would have wiped the deck with Krieg.
Old 2003-12-15, 01:04   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Arlong would kick Krieg's *** all the way up the grand line and back again. Trust me. You saw how hard it was to take down arlong compared to Krieg. Dude, the only thing that kept Krieg from getting his *** mopped across the desk in his fight against luffy was that walking freaking swiss army ammo dump he called body armor. Remove that and Luffy would have just flattened him in record time. Arlong on the other hand fought bare chested. So yeah, Arlong would have wiped the deck with Krieg.
krieg WONT fight bare chested, so wat u say has no point. Thats like saying Zoro would get his ass kicked all the time without his swords, so hes weak.
Old 2003-12-15, 01:19   Link #5
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
if I remeber correctly, luffy passed out in his fight with Don Krieg, and DK was the last man standing. Luffy totally cleaned arlong's clocks. It's obvious DK was a much tougher opponent for luffy compared to arlong
Old 2003-12-15, 01:22   Link #6
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
eh i dont know. Arlong was in the Grand Line while Don Krieg couldnt survive a week. Arlong's bounty is heavier than Krieg's too. ITs also been said that arlong is stronger than Krieg.
yea but if he was so strong, why did he run away and take over a puny little village? I mean yea he's strong but.. they said he was one of the 7 whatever in the grandline, but compared to the guy who almost killed zoro in the DK arc, arlong was nothing
Old 2003-12-15, 01:26   Link #7
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea but if he was so strong, why did he run away and take over a puny little village? I mean yea he's strong but.. they said he was one of the 7 whatever in the grandline, but compared to the guy who almost killed zoro in the DK arc, arlong was nothing
b4 vicious comes, i must correct you.

arlong isnt one of the 7 shichibukais, but he was a crew member under one of them.

Don Krieg stood up after he lost the fight, and luffy was knocked out not because of krieg, but because he fell in the water. Alrong was fought on land, which is not his strongest area, but where Luffy can fight rather well. we also can assume tat luffy got stronger.

Alrong took over the village to get money. Especially when he found nami there it was easy to get money. NOt to mention obtain some good maps.
Old 2003-12-15, 09:01   Link #8
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Uh... by One Piece's villain "hierarchy", there's almost always a big villain stronger than the big villain before. Arlong was stronger than Don Krieg, if you think well. Arlong has the advantage of being a merman, so if Krieg fell into water, he would be finished. Krieg weapons don't affect Arlong's hard skin. Arlong is much faster and deadlier than Krieg.

Well, we can assume Arlong was stronger than Krieg by these facts.
Old 2003-12-15, 11:16   Link #9
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Uh... by One Piece's villain "hierarchy", there's almost always a big villain stronger than the big villain before. Arlong was stronger than Don Krieg, if you think well. Arlong has the advantage of being a merman, so if Krieg fell into water, he would be finished. Krieg weapons don't affect Arlong's hard skin. Arlong is much faster and deadlier than Krieg.

Well, we can assume Arlong was stronger than Krieg by these facts.
actually MH 5 would kill alrong unless there is water for him to go under. The machine gun will also pierce his skin. Other than tat everything will just bounce off or get eaten.
Old 2003-12-17, 11:17   Link #10
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

arlong should just bite him
Old 2003-12-18, 01:08   Link #11
Jn183

The reason why I think the great Don would win would be that he fight dirty. As for Arlong, even though he is/was a bad guy he still has pride as a merman. Therefore, he would be too proud to sink low to Don level and play dirty. As physical strength wise both seem to be about the same. Speed Arlong had an edge while Don got the strong armor. Remember, Arlong doesn't seem to be physically as strong as Luffy to break Don's armor. So, the only thing that separate them 2 would be Don dirty fighting style
Old 2003-12-18, 11:49   Link #12
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
The reason why I think the great Don would win would be that he fight dirty. As for Arlong, even though he is/was a bad guy he still has pride as a merman. Therefore, he would be too proud to sink low to Don level and play dirty. As physical strength wise both seem to be about the same. Speed Arlong had an edge while Don got the strong armor. Remember, Arlong doesn't seem to be physically as strong as Luffy to break Don's armor. So, the only thing that separate them 2 would be Don dirty fighting style
arlong can break the armour with his teeth. Fire probably wont effect him, the bomb lance wont effect him either. MH5 and the machine gun would be Don's choice of weapon agaisnt Arlong.

Zoro vs Arlong. Thats a better matchup.
Old 2003-12-18, 17:40   Link #13
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

in anime its a good match up i think but in manga i don't know checked the bounties on a site.Damn Shank has to have a billion on his head heheheh
Old 2003-12-23, 10:31   Link #14
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Arlong would win, plain and simple.
Old 2003-12-27, 22:00   Link #15
Auralion

As many have said before me, it would depend on the surroundings. If you would have water nearby the match would go too Arlong but if it was just plain land then I would say that it is kind of 50/50..... But that could just be me :Þ
Old 2003-12-28, 06:40   Link #16
Akazukin Ookami
the red hood

I vote that as the ugly bastards knock each other unconscious and fall into the ocean, Don Krieg gets entangled with Arlong in such a way that he covers Arlong's gills, and they both drown. Fun!
Old 2006-08-16, 23:31   Link #17
IchiGin

I'd vote for Arlong, but it wouldn't be a flawless victory. With the amount of weapons that Krieg has up his sleeves, arlong might be in for a surprise.
Old 2006-08-17, 00:03   Link #18
cheese4u
da big boss

This is a tough one, but I'll have to pick Arlong. Arlong is physically stronger than Don Krieg, and I'm pretty sure no matter where they are, water or not, Arlong would be victorious. I couldn't see Arlong losing to weapons Krieg wielded. But I have to say, Don Krieg would give him a run for his money. Even though Don Krieg was evil he was fearless as well. Even after seeing all the damage Hawkeye did he still challenged him.
Old 2006-08-17, 02:31   Link #19
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Even though Don Krieg was evil he was fearless as well. Even after seeing all the damage Hawkeye did he still challenged him.
u mean he was idiot who didn't know his place and he was cocky after seeing zoro and mihawk fight .. he though he can make a name for him self.

from thier bounties Arlong and Don should be in the same scale of power, and both of escaped from grandline and haded plan on mine as how to return .. don was going to rebuild his power slowely, obtain information and then enter grandline. arlong was going to take control of all the seas then try taking control of grandline ...
anyway i think arlong is mush stronger than don.. since i think most of don weapons won't work on arlong (even the posion gas since nami tried that aginst arlong long time and didn't work) .. arlong skin is hard even zoro couldn't cut him at that time, and he can hit don with this water bullet without the need to get closer if he want..
Old 2006-08-17, 02:51   Link #20
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I remember a friend of mine arguing with me about this saying how DK beat Luffy alot worse than Arlong did, which I disagreed with. Luffy never even got totally serious during the DK fight the wya he did at the end of arlong's because he knew he could take DK fairly easily.

However I'm not sure now. If you play Grand Battle Rush, DK is such a beat in that game...who knows who would win. Arlong has the better speed but DK has a freakin armery behind him thnx to that armor. SO it depends on how fast Arlong could get to him and how well the hits landed.
Closed Thread