AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 11:01   Link #41
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Toby Mcguire is the only Peter Parker for me forever. His desperate voice, lost looks and defeated posture were just perfect for the the "negative hero". I wish I could read the comics, cause Spiderman is the only superhero I actually like.

Definitely not watching this. Spiderman trilogy is still fresh in my mind.
I get the impression were you introduced differently to the story you'd have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong - the original Spider Man movie was good, and 2 and 3 were fun despite not being well made movies overall. But in my case, I grew up with the 90's Spiderman cartoon, which I think in my nostalgic fury to be the best mass media incarnation of the series. The comics are even better. The movies are fun but just don't live up to those standards imo. And I NEVER understood Toby Maguire as Peter. Peter is supposed to be a nerd, yeah, but c'mon... Toby's just too much of a whimp. Peter should be a beast, at least after his transformation.

They need a more adult incarnation of Spidey, if you ask me, but guess they're going to do a nonsensical reboot when the last 3 movies are still fresh in people's minds.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 11:06   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I seriously hope people arent sayin Spider man ripped off mirror edge )even tho the most likely did(
Really, I doubt that was the intention. More likely as I said earlier, the videogame tie-in would be the one to rip off Mirror's Edge.

It's almost too easy to spot when the director inserts a scene for the sole purpose of having it being playable in a tie-in console game.
Old 2011-07-22, 11:21   Link #43
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Yay, another reboot of a superhero franchise I don't care about. But the fans will probably gobble it up anyway, paving the way for Hollywood's favorite pastime: milking the cash cow till it's dry.

Also, I assume this will be another '3D' movie, i which case I care even less (I wish this whole '3D' fad became permanently extinct, I refuse to believe it adds that much value to a movie).
Old 2011-07-22, 12:25   Link #44
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I will say that I do like Mark Webb's work on 500 days of summer, but i would have preferred to see him make another great indie movie. On the other hand, he's probably getting payed heaps of cash for this so...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:32   Link #45
justavisitor

my first impression is..."poor poor uncle ben" XD....I don't know how they will develop the story this time, but I bet uncle ben will bite the dust once again??

Well, at least the new Mary Jane(?) is quite prettier...It would have been perfect if she was the Mary Jane in Toby Mcguire's spiderman series...

And the new suit seems weird..

I will probably not watch this one...I will probably watch captain america this summer and batman next year...and that should be more than enough for me
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:33   Link #46
Tetra Vaal
Banned

That's not Mary Jane it's Gwen Stacy - Peter Parker's first true love.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:36   Link #47
justavisitor

icic, thanks!! that's even better imo..

P.S anyone watch captain america yet?? what do you guys think about that movie??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-07-22, 14:32   Link #48
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched the trailer....

/facepalm
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 15:28   Link #49
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I'm highly disappointed, and I think that many people have gotten enough Spiderman for a generation. After Spiderman 3, I think that this superhero should've retired from the Big-Screen. Unless we're gathering the Marvel Avengers or something, but any movies solely revolving around Spiderman should be laid to rest.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the fangirls would probably keep this movie alive in the box-office.
Spiderman was going to keep on going anyway, it just so happened that instead of Spiderman 4 (with the familiar cast) there was a late change in plans and the whole thing was reworked. I don't see why it should stop, the first two films were good, it was only the third which was a terrible let down (at the point where there was most hype and respect for the movies). I thought 4 was going to be what 3 should have been, but here we are. We'll see if that turned out to be a mistake or not soon. To me it seems silly to out a team which must have learned a lot from making Spiderman movies, but hey.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 15:56   Link #50
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Spiderman was going to keep on going anyway, it just so happened that instead of Spiderman 4 (with the familiar cast) there was a late change in plans and the whole thing was reworked. I don't see why it should stop, the first two films were good, it was only the third which was a terrible let down (at the point where there was most hype and respect for the movies). I thought 4 was going to be what 3 should have been, but here we are. We'll see if that turned out to be a mistake or not soon. To me it seems silly to out a team which must have learned a lot from making Spiderman movies, but hey.
I wanted to see Dylan Baker as the Lizard
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 16:03   Link #51
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, I went through 4 or 5 different versions of Spiderman while growing up (not to mention the later cartoon series (with a new series seemingly coming out every 3-4 years (the most recent series (Spectacular Spider-Man) was actually pretty good, and it seems most similar to the contents of the trailer, so I hope director Marc Webb (best known for 500 Days of Summer) will use the 2009 cartoon as a launching pad) and the movies), all unique but similar, so relaunching the series from the ground floor isn't that strange (nor do I dislike the idea).
I thought this is the 2nd movie version of Spiderman? And I believe rebooting animation has lesser effect than movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I get the impression were you introduced differently to the story you'd have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong - the original Spider Man movie was good, and 2 and 3 were fun despite not being well made movies overall. But in my case, I grew up with the 90's Spiderman cartoon, which I think in my nostalgic fury to be the best mass media incarnation of the series. The comics are even better. The movies are fun but just don't live up to those standards imo. And I NEVER understood Toby Maguire as Peter. Peter is supposed to be a nerd, yeah, but c'mon... Toby's just too much of a whimp. Peter should be a beast, at least after his transformation.

They need a more adult incarnation of Spidey, if you ask me, but guess they're going to do a nonsensical reboot when the last 3 movies are still fresh in people's minds.
Perhaps you're right. I usually get attached to what I see first (or hear, I love Metallica's Garage covers over the originals ).

To me, Toby was a very good wimpy Peter and brave Spiderman. That's why I adored his "dark personality" in the 3rd movie, it was such a change!

And I whole-heartly agree. I so wanna see an adult spiderman, with his wife MJ and granma fighting against evil.
Old 2011-07-22, 16:18   Link #52
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I thought this is the 2nd movie version of Spiderman? And I believe rebooting animation has lesser effect than movies.
While only the second film version of Spiderman, there was also 2 live-action TV shows (one is Japanese ) in the late 70s (find some clips on youtube...they are truly awful shows), and the Broadway show (which I've had the misfortune of seeing). So, I now have 5 live-action versions of Spiderman I've seen during my lifetime, not to mention a half a dozen cartoons, and the multiple different Marvel continuums. So, I'm not even sure how many different Spidermans I've experienced ...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 18:20   Link #53
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
my first impression is..."poor poor uncle ben" XD....I don't know how they will develop the story this time, but I bet uncle ben will bite the dust once again??
Uncle Ben is the only Marvel character who has so far resisted being alive/resurrected. The ONLY one left. This included during the infamous One More Day comic, when Peter sold his soul to the devil in order to bring his recently dead aunt back to life (yet completely forgot about bringing back Uncle Ben.)

In fact, the ghost of Uncle Ben once commented that Heaven in the Marvel universe is rather small, because there just isn't enough people hanging around there...

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-07-22 at 18:36.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 20:04   Link #54
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Uncle Ben is the only Marvel character who has so far resisted being alive/resurrected. The ONLY one left. This included during the infamous One More Day comic, when Peter sold his soul to the devil in order to bring his recently dead aunt back to life (yet completely forgot about bringing back Uncle Ben.)

In fact, the ghost of Uncle Ben once commented that Heaven in the Marvel universe is rather small, because there just isn't enough people hanging around there...
Good. Him being dead is part of what makes Spider-Man... Spider-Man. That experience turned him into the person he's (supposed to) be.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 20:52   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Good. Him being dead is part of what makes Spider-Man... Spider-Man. That experience turned him into the person he's (supposed to) be.
Except it is preposterous that the Aunt isn't allowed to die at the same time. This is turning into the plot of the movie Last Action Hero; that Peter has to be blocked from bringing back someone he loves, even though everyone else is doing resurrections monthly, because higher beings like to watch him suffer.

In short, Spideman fans are the real supervillains, ruining Peter's life. No wonder Deadpool is so insane with his knowledge of the 4th wall. From their perspective, their entire multiverse is controlled by sadistic demons.

...Maybe that's why Peter sold his soul to the Devil. He realised it made no difference either way.
Old 2011-07-22, 22:11   Link #56
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Actually I meant, poor uncle Ben gets to be killed again in this rebooted movie XD

but thanks for the info about peter forgot bringing back Uncle Ben..how does that happen ?? never follows the comic...Animated spiderman in the 90s was my first experience to spiderman universe and what a great anime that was...I still remember every single episode (and it's opening theme)
Old 2011-07-22, 22:19   Link #57
Momo Kun
Monk.

Good thing their rebooting spider-man. Spider man 3 was just plain our bad, just action.

ò__ó

Past Quotes~
"Dude! These Are Isatopes!"
"Zounds! Its A Woodland Creature!~!~!"
"Saved By The Boyancey Of Citrus!"
Momo Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 22:23   Link #58
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I liked the trailer, and I'm looking forward to watching this.

Still would have liked to have seen Donald Glover get cast as Spidey though.
Old 2011-07-22, 23:08   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Actually, I kinda looking forward to this. They said this will be a more faithful adaptation of the original Spiderman (mechanical web-shooters and all). Thank god they didn't add web on his armpits like the original design.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:01   Link #60
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While only the second film version of Spiderman, there was also 2 live-action TV shows (one is Japanese ) in the late 70s (find some clips on youtube...they are truly awful shows), and the Broadway show (which I've had the misfortune of seeing). So, I now have 5 live-action versions of Spiderman I've seen during my lifetime, not to mention a half a dozen cartoons, and the multiple different Marvel continuums. So, I'm not even sure how many different Spidermans I've experienced ...
I had a long LOL @ Japanese version But wow so many. .

Well, if it's a true faithful adaption (with Gwen Stacy and all) I guess it'll be something nice. The only complaint left for me is "I feel no chemistry from the actor".