AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-12, 13:16   Link #41
Zuul

Okada said Mikono is a bad woman because she connects people.

Mikono asking Amata to forgive Kagura is just her trying to do her connecting stuff. First step for them on the road of Buddyhood would be to forgive one another.

Mikono is such an hippy. XD
Old 2012-04-12, 13:56   Link #42
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Okada said Mikono is a bad woman because she connects people.
Where did she say that?
Old 2012-04-12, 14:01   Link #43
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Where did she say that?
A translation on some boards a little while ago.

I didn't post it here at that time because the warui onna talk was taboo and it didn't make sense to me. Now it does.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:02   Link #44
kuromitsu

So... Link plz?
Old 2012-04-12, 14:08   Link #45
Zuul

<<I don't remember.

Besides I though the source material was posted here. Unless the warui part in it said something else. But no one wanted to translate it.

More precisely the translation I read say something like 'Mikono has been written as a typical good girl so far, but she's a bad woman because she connects men.'

But maybe it's BS that just randomly come to somewhat fits the bill.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-12 at 14:32.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:15   Link #46
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Just to clear up with exact statement from Okada (whether you think she is hiding something or not, your choice) :

Okada:

Quote:
「悪い女。。。とういか、1、2話でミコノが「私たち、できっこない同士だから」ってアマタに必死に言うじ ゃないですか。

ああいうヒロインも今までいなくて、いい子っぽいのにマイナスなことを言って、低いところでお互い幸せにな ろうとする女というんですかね。

ヒロインとしては成立するけれど、「そのままでいいんだよ」っていい言葉でもあるけど、悪い言葉でもあるじ ゃないですか。男を縛り付けるというか」
Later on the producer guy added on about how some of the staffs think of her as someone who can't be left alone, or else, a "warui onna" (iirc, 5 AM now, need to sleep zzzz)

Old 2012-04-12, 14:26   Link #47
miketyson

Natsuki: so those early blog posts were just paraphrases and summaries then. Thanks for posting the full quote here for us (and go get some sleep!).
Old 2012-04-12, 14:32   Link #48
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Just to clear up with exact statement from Okada (whether you think she is hiding something or not, your choice) :

Okada:

Later on the producer guy added on about how some of the staffs think of her as someone who can't be left alone, or else, a "warui onna" (iirc, 5 AM now, need to sleep zzzz)
WOah...That just makes me think of what Zen said about the 'honey attracting the bees thing' ( Ep 6 I believe)...makes sense though
Old 2012-04-12, 14:32   Link #49
Zuul

translation please.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:55   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
<<I don't remember.

Besides I though the source material was posted here. Unless the warui part in it said something else. But no one wanted to translate it.

More precisely the translation I read say something like 'Mikono has been written as a typical good girl so far, but she's a bad woman because she connects men.'

But maybe it's BS that just randomly come to somewhat fits the bill.
What I take from that is that Mikono is not just your typical good girl. That she also has a darker shade to herself that rounds out her character.
Old 2012-04-12, 15:15   Link #51
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What I take from that is that Mikono is not just your typical good girl. That she also has a darker shade to herself that rounds out her character.
I also think that warui side is definitely a good thing.
Old 2012-04-12, 16:27   Link #52
kuromitsu

Quote:
translation please.
I be ESL person and my brain is fried tonight, I'm struggling to find the suitable words so correct me if I messed up something:
"Bad girl... well, it's more like, you know, she was so eager to tell Amata that they're a "useless pair"? I've never seen a heroine like that before. She seems like a good girl and then it turns out she's the type who says negative stuff, trying to be happy together on a low level. Being the heroine, the 'you're okay as you are' attitude can be good but also can be bad. It's like restricting the guy."

Er, she seems to be saying that by telling Amata that, Mikono was trying to restrict Amata to the level he was at (instead of encouraging him to have more self-confidence, etc.), supposedly so he wouldn't leave her after he improved himself. Hence, "bad woman." I... can kind of see where she's coming from but to be honest it never even occurred to me to interpret that "we're a useless pair" sentence in such an utterly negative way. Especially with Mikono having been shown earlier as someone trying to overcome her own self.

In any case, she's not saying that Mikono is bad because she "connects men" (that must have been a mistranslation, Okada uses the word "tie" in the last sentence but not in the "connect" meaning). and anyway Mikono seems to have gotten over this attitude long ago.
Old 2012-04-12, 16:39   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I didn't think there was so many way to interpret the 'useless pair' quote =_=;

I've always thought it was just a causal-making-fun-joke, I didn't expect people would take it so seriously and 'deep'...
Old 2012-04-12, 16:50   Link #54
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I didn't think there was so many way to interpret the 'useless pair' quote =_=;

I've always thought it was just a causal-making-fun-joke, I didn't expect people would take it so seriously and 'deep'...
Well, Okada is the head writer, so...

I think we had a conversation about this before, and as I said then, what I got from that sentence (and the whole scene) was that after a life of being told she's worthless and useless and a coward, Mikono was happy and relieved to have found someone who not only doesn't judge her but even shares her issues. I think if Amata showed more self-confidence (ie he had said "oh yes, I'd love to pilot a Vector one day!") Mikono would've been discouraged and maybe their relationship would've ended at that point. (She had a moment like that when she left the school, thinking oh, Amata wasn't useless after all, unlike me.) But... that was pretty much all. Nothing about evil Mikono trying to tie Amata to herself by stifling his self-confidence or anything...
Old 2012-04-12, 16:55   Link #55
miketyson

Why do my crack theories keep getting indirect reinforcement? In this case, the idea that Mikono has -- and is struggling against -- an unconscious death-wish? Sigh...and thanks for translating kuromitsu, I definitely learned a couple things.

Edit: I definitely remember discussing the useless pair bit earlier, and yeah, I want to say I was the one who took it a bit more negatively than you did but nowhere near this negatively. Good lord.
Old 2012-04-12, 17:00   Link #56
kuromitsu

>miketyson

But Mikono seems to have gotten over this a long time ago? Even her official character description said she was trying hard to improve, and that was before she was accepted into Neo-Deava and experienced encouragement and success. (And found out that she had a power, after all.)
Old 2012-04-12, 17:21   Link #57
miketyson

I want to agree, but at the same time I can actually kind of see this now that it's pointed out (crack theories aside).

Concisely, I hope: she fundamentally dislikes who and what she used to be (useless, shy, etc.). Part of her wants to fix that by changing who she is (this is her try-hard side); part of her just wants to be "let off the hook", e.g. by finding someone who won't push her ("useless pair" before, now Kagura?).

Since neither side of herself has won, yet, she could turn out either way (sigh)...the latent death wish is (hopefully) a crack-ish over-exaggeration, but I'm pretty sure she's still struggling with *something* inside herself.

Now I *really* wonder how Okada sees Mikono's storyline in episode 14....

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-12 at 17:22. Reason: concise-er
Old 2012-04-13, 10:24   Link #58
kuromitsu

I don't know - you might be right, we haven't seen enough of Mikono's thoughts to decide. In any case, it seems she hasn't had such negative thoughts about herself for a very long time (with the very understandable exception of the Andy&Mix episode ^^;; ).
Old 2012-04-13, 14:24   Link #59
Arya

I don't know too, mikono grown so much that I can't see her cracking up unless they further Fudo's conflict. She earned a lot of self-confidence to the point that she even argued against Fudo. Not to mention her latest saving action. And so far she is the only one that did so among the crew. She is like had stepped up from the Amata and friends level, to a new level, more close to Fudo and Mykage league. Amata and her friends follow each time whatever Fudo tells them to do, as soldiers. What they are. Mikono is starting to take another direction. A direction that will put her in a grey/bad light more an more from now on (my guessing**). That bad side of her could be meant in that way too. Seconding what Zuul was saying.

**my guessing skills have never been so low about an anime than in EVOL.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:38   Link #60
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Mikono's grown alright, but I have no idea where she's headed.
She's gotten allot more vocal in the past few episodes and that's a great thing.
And the show has been putting some conflict for her with Fudo too but again I have no idea what's that supposed to mean.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters