AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 17:17   Link #81
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

I'm surprised that Mami did IMMORAL... because normally the I've songs I adore have nothing to do with her. The over-vibrato sometimes gets to me... but I really, really love IMMORAL. I mean, an I've song that gets to the vocal in just over 30 seconds? It's madness!

Stupid YesAsia and its glaring lack of EIKO.
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 21:36   Link #82
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
I'm surprised that Mami did IMMORAL... because normally the I've songs I adore have nothing to do with her. The over-vibrato sometimes gets to me... but I really, really love IMMORAL. I mean, an I've song that gets to the vocal in just over 30 seconds? It's madness!

Stupid YesAsia and its glaring lack of EIKO.
IMMORAL is one anggggggggssssssttttyyyyyyyyy song (like Kannazuki material), and the game that went with it was rather creepy, even from just watching the opening movie.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 23:45   Link #83
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

I actually had no idea IMMORAL was even from a game. Which is it from?

In other news I apologize (somewhat) for turning this into a generalized I've thread... although hey, gotta love all the utahime.
Old 2006-03-08, 03:22   Link #84
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Not a very good game. Apparently, in the game, you get a "potion spray" from a mysterious person. This spray ends up being some sort of super aphrodesiac that gets the girls in the school that you're teaching at to lust after you. Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Old 2006-03-09, 10:16   Link #85
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I can't get over how disturbing Collective's lyrics are!

...still love the song though
Old 2006-03-09, 17:07   Link #86
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

I'm ever so glad Mami's finally getting the appreciation she deserves; I simply cannot wait for her first album. From the clips I've heard of SEED and Hirusagari no Gogo, the new material looks set to be very promising indeed.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 17:38   Link #87
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I'm ever so glad Mami's finally getting the appreciation she deserves; I simply cannot wait for her first album. From the clips I've heard of SEED and Hirusagari no Gogo, the new material looks set to be very promising indeed.
Cheers! I didn't know any samples had gone up. I'm liking the sound of Seed already, Gogo didn't make much of an impression, and I know I like the older songs on the album alright. Shame Asu e no Namida didn't make it on there, but more new tracks can't hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
In other news I apologize (somewhat) for turning this into a generalized I've thread... although hey, gotta love all the utahime.
As if there's enough to say on each of them to make single topics
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:12   Link #88
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Wasn't Asu he no Namida by Hiromi Sato? Anyway, hurray for Mami Kawada's album ^^
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:35   Link #89
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Wasn't Asu he no Namida by Hiromi Sato? Anyway, hurray for Mami Kawada's album ^^
Was it? Everywhere I've looked seems to credit Asu's vocals to Kawada and put both Kotoko and Sato under Second Flight... then again, I'm no I've expert.

Ah, every time I come out of this topic I seem to find myself addicted to a new I've song. Hurrah for Collective!
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 19:35   Link #90
Dan_attacker

Yeah, I'm kind of a Kotoko fan. Favorite song so far is Sakuranbo Kiss, and I also like Renai Chu and the remixes. The only problem I have with all the songs I've heard from her is they all seem to be from H-games or anime. Does anyone know if the lyrics to these songs are indecent or perverted in any way? That would really disturb me since Sakuranbo Kiss is like the most listened to song on my computer...

Last edited by Dan_attacker; 2006-03-18 at 19:22.
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:33   Link #91
VoidMiracle

anyone know where i could find the song 'hishoku no sora' KOTOKO version?
i came across a short version of it while dl-ing simfiles(stepmania)...althou i have no luck finding the full version on my own...funny thing is the guy who created the simfile said that he has the full version...but havnt reply me yet or where he found it and such...so...anybody knows?
VoidMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 21:30   Link #92
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
You mean the first Shakugan no Shana OP? That's not by Kotoko, it's by Kawada Mami. The second OP "Being" is by Kotoko. It's an entirely different song. There is no full version out yet because the op single doesn't come out until the end of the month. The best I've found as far as long versions go is a low quality radio edit.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 04:44   Link #93
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I find that she just doesn't sound nice to me anymore without I've Sound backing her. You can hear the contrast very well between the two songs on the Hishoku no Sora single.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:11   Link #94
VoidMiracle

mind u i DO know that the OP2 is 'being' which IS sang by KOTOKO and the single is gona be out on the 23rd...and i DO know that OP1 Hishoku no Sora is sang by Mami in the anime and also included in her single...but as what i've said before...there is a KOTOKO version floating somewhere outside...thats why i m trying to look for it...

o...and i m happy with the radio rip version of 'being' right now, i m pretty sure it will last me til the 23rd ^^
VoidMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:19   Link #95
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
I can't get over how disturbing Collective's lyrics are!

...still love the song though
Collective lyrics?

Where?

Want!

The song does sound very... hellish, to me. I should hope its lyrics are at least mildly screwed up.

I do enjoy listening to japanese songs repeatedly, and then once I have a sense of their mood, finding lyrics and seeing if what I think they're about has anything to do with what they are, in fact, about.

I will have to borrow my friend Sam's Mami CD when she gets it... because sometimes Mami is very enjoyable for me, and other times not. I hope the CD is one of those times (strangely for me I don't think that the defining factor is whether I've is backing her... it's... I have no idea.)
Old 2006-03-18, 19:10   Link #96
Dan_attacker

Does anyone know where I can find english translated lyrics to Sakuranbo Kiss, or any Kotoko song? Thanks.
Old 2006-03-18, 19:56   Link #97
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

You'll probably find most of the available translations at http://www.animelyrics.com/
Old 2006-03-18, 21:13   Link #98
Dan_attacker

I already throughly searched google for about 30 minutes and came across that site. The problem is that they don't have an english translation for Sakuranbo Kiss, just romaji...
Old 2006-03-20, 01:36   Link #99
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

I'm obsessed with KOTOKO's new Shana OP Being. While not as complex sounding as Mami's first Shana OP, which I also like, Being has a certain "feeling" that describes my current mood pretty well. It is similar to her other anime ED song "Agony" but with a hint of hope at the end.

In fact for most Japanese songs I usually like them simply on terms of the feel or mood alone. Resublimity for example has no feeling for me whatsoever tho it sounds nice for a techno-ish song.

The other thing about songs I like is the smooth flow of it, which KOTOKO excells at. The same reason why I hate most full versions of the generic anime OP and EDs which seem like all they wanted to make a nice sounding 1min 30sec song to fit an anime OP, slap on an identical 2nd verse and third, calling it a full song knowing diehard fans will buy the song since they like the anime anyway.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 04:31   Link #100
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
I'm obsessed with KOTOKO's new Shana OP Being. While not as complex sounding as Mami's first Shana OP, which I also like, Being has a certain "feeling" that describes my current mood pretty well. It is similar to her other anime ED song "Agony" but with a hint of hope at the end.
agony is IMO the best KOTOKO song while being is just something I'm obliged to buy. I'd never have thought such a comparison is possible.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote