AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 13:12   Link #21361
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well considering that its been used on a lot of the Muda releases since it first appeared, yes, that's the one.

The other one I mentioned by description:

high quality wallpaper version
high resolution version (but mediocre quality)

If this were included to the gangsta look, it would mean all the group has had their coolness done up at least once. Even Kokoa.
I thought those were the ones. Still, I think this c.48 one easily trumps them in quality; I think even the Omote one could've been drawn a bit better in comparison.

Although, that pic with all of them, I'm not sure I'd call that a gangster look. I mean, it's just them in black shirts, ties, and no pants. Doesn't seem very mafia-like to me
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:18   Link #21362
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, one would have to consider what a full outfit would look like using those shirts and ties. To me, if they did have pants, or whatever their preference, I think a there would be some mob-like look with them... especially if they all dawned some sunglasses. Though the least intimidating looking one would be Yukari obviously. We'd have the WIB (MIB but as women). Just hide those innocent looking eyes of theirs, and you'd never know what they're planning.
Old 2011-12-03, 18:09   Link #21363
Johnny
Working the bags...

Now we need a AU Misson Impossible type or a detective fanfic one to go along with that Mizore/Kurumu pic and Tsukune's one from ch 43...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 18:32   Link #21364
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, one would have to consider what a full outfit would look like using those shirts and ties. To me, if they did have pants, or whatever their preference, I think a there would be some mob-like look with them... especially if they all dawned some sunglasses. Though the least intimidating looking one would be Yukari obviously. We'd have the WIB (MIB but as women). Just hide those innocent looking eyes of theirs, and you'd never know what they're planning.
Well either way, now I wonder how long the wait will be till we get an Inner Moka one. Or a Ruby one. But especially an Inner. Although when it comes to her, even though I'd want her gangsterish pic to be better than all the others, I can't imagine anything topping the Season 2 vol 1 cover art of her. Easily one of the sexiest things Ikeda's ever drawn.
Old 2011-12-04, 22:20   Link #21365
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Now we need a AU Misson Impossible type or a detective fanfic one to go along with that Mizore/Kurumu pic and Tsukune's one from ch 43...
This night started off like any other night - cool, dreary and damp thanks to a late rain that had ended some time ago but had left a bit of a drizzle and fog in its wake. Despite that, the streets were filled quite a number of busybodies going to and fro. Friday nights were always busy around these parts. The clubs were filled thanks to music, alchohol, and 'other' attractions. I tip the blinds to see down below, the bright red of the neon sign directly to the right of my window, the automobiles' noisy honking only added to the late night din of the city.

A particular vehicle caught my eye as it majestically weaved through the traffic of the road. A meticulously cared for burgundy colored 1952 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S - a very pretty relic to be driving around this part of town. I watched as its driver deftly ease the car into a parking spot directly in front of my building. Curious as I'll forever be, I watched as the driver exited the vehicle and rushed to open the door for his backseat passenger, opening an umbrella as he did so. A moment stretched out for what seemed like forever before a vision of etheral beauty emerged from the dark interior. A long fur coat covered her save for her pale, shapely neck and a fair bit of her collarbone. The dark pillbox hat on her head had a veil that covered her face but I could see her ruby red lips as she glanced upwards - right at my window - and smiled.

I felt a chill with that gaze and my finger slipped from the blinds. It was as if she could see me. Those luscious lips of hers...that sweet, sacchrine smile... the warning bells went off in my head like a 10-alarm fire alert. I just knew that she was here for me...but why did she, despite freaking me out, feel so ... familiar...?

Drawing a breath to compose myself, I pulled down on my satin blazer and smoothed out my shirt, picking out a random case file to browse through while my expected guest made her way to my door.

Sure enough, my instincts were not unfounded as I beheld a shadow at my door. Almost immediately, my nose picked up the perfume that she was wearing...a powerful floral-like scent with a subtle yet strong hint of sandalwood and vetiver.

Chanel No.5.

"You may enter, my lady."

I let a faint smirk appear as I saw her hand freeze momentarily, already on its way to knocking on my door.

"It appears I was being expected," came a deep, smooth voice that teased my audio senses not unlike a rich dark chocolate would do the same to my tongue. The door opened and my smirk disappeared entirely and my breath caught in my throat momentarily.

She was...

Her ruby red eyes held amusment as she beheld me through the veil of her pillbox hat. "...but apparently, the great young detective can not foresee everything," she teased as she slowly made her way towards the desk, her hips moving in a perfectly practiced rythym, given by nature and refined by human culture to entice men's eyes...

What a tease...

"I may call myself many things, ma'am," I could not avert my eyes from the form making its way to sit at the chair in front of the desk in front of me, "but I never claimed something as being 'all-knowing'."

She sat demurely enough, her right leg crossing perfectly over her left knee, revealing alabaster-like skin.

"Oh? So you do not know who I am? I am shocked, good sir."

Oh, so she's playing that little game is she...? With a slight exhalation, I stood up and walked to my small wine cabinet. I took a small pause to regard her once more before selecting a bottle from the bottom of the cabinet and walked back to my desk with two glasses. "Isn't it too much to ask a man such as myself to know such things?" I poured the win slowly, making sure to poor an exact amount before putting the bottle aside and making my way to the front of my desk and handing her the glass. She took it gracefully, bringing it to her nose to sample the scent.

"And yet, a woman such as I know that this is a Delord Vintage Armaganc..." She gave a smile at my honestly surprised expression. "An adequate wine...not as refined as Chataeu though..."

"Well, I must beg pardon for having not sufficient a stock for my guests," I replied smoothly, saluting her with my glass and took a sip, letting the rich flavor linger in my mouth and throat.

"Of course, I was merely teasing you, good sir." That voice, what a man would give to hear that voice every day... "I fear though that my reason for this visit hasn't been to merely exchange pleasentries."

"Of course, there is no way that the daughter of the ruling syndicate in the Tri-State area, who is a known connoisseur of wines, cars, and other vintage items, would come see me merely to tip an 'adequate' wine glass."

Said wine glass in her hand gave a slight pause and that dangerously sweet smile appeared once again before she brought the richly flavored liquid to her lips.

"Once again, you have surpassed my expectations, my good sir. I am most pleased..."

I tipped my glass at her once more and gave an acknowledging nod before finishing my glass and after taking hers, setting it to the side. While I appeared calmed and controlled, inside, my mind was racing.... "So, to what do I owe this 'honor'...? I can't imagine that any of my previous cases have done anything to garner the attentions of you and your family...yet."

"Oh they have already," she replied back just as smoothly. "We take great pains to avoid you, actually, detective. While we may be in some unsavory dealings in comparison to yours, we do have a certain pride that we uphold and because of that pride, we respect your prowess and sharp mind."

I had not expected such honest flattery to come so easily. "You have me at a loss as to how to reply to your praise. I suppose that I do have some 'memorable' cases that I have had but to think that it would cause the esteemed Shuzen Family to acknowledge me as a 'somebody'... Forgive me if I am a little wary of that."

Her laughter did nothing to ease my anxiety, despite its silverly sound. "Do not fear, detective. We, at least, I, have no scrupulous designs upon you as of yet. However, I fear that I must request something of you as this is beyond the normal means of my family to handle."

Beyond the normal means? The Shuzen Family was a huge organization. There was not one police chief or gumshoe detective that did not dream of landing a case that would crack that organization wide open. I, however, saw that 'cracking' one case would only give rise to the other heads of the hydra that was the Shuzen Family in bringing down destruction upon those that had angered it. 'Normal means' wasn't something that they utilized anyway.

"And what would this request entail...?"

Her mood became somber as she averted her eyes. "I wish...to employ you, detective."

She had my attention.

"For...?"

She raised her eyes to me, her hand touching the silver cross that rested against her chest.

"Detective Tsukune Aono, I wish for you to locate my mother."

~*~

... *shrugs* Cut me some slack, I really didn't have time to proofread it - just time for some quick searches among other things...XD
Old 2011-12-04, 22:42   Link #21366
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Tempest, you'd better take time this week to refine this... it's gotten far too intriguing to just stop

(on a side note, if you remember our long-in-haitus Water Bride story, in a few weeks expect to see a chapter of it appear in your email for editing... it's been sitting around too long and my muses are back)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:10   Link #21367
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For those who want more R+V character art:

Spoiler for from vol.10:
Old 2011-12-05, 10:09   Link #21368
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
For those who want more R+V character art:

Spoiler for from vol.10:
Oh, that Ruby one slipped my mind. I guess that counts as her own dressed up pic. Well then, bring on Ura-chan!
Old 2011-12-05, 12:59   Link #21369
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Tempest, you'd better take time this week to refine this... it's gotten far too intriguing to just stop

(on a side note, if you remember our long-in-haitus Water Bride story, in a few weeks expect to see a chapter of it appear in your email for editing... it's been sitting around too long and my muses are back)
Well, just this little bit needs to be fleshed out with a lot more detail that I thought of later after I submitted it... Still not sure what timeframe I wanted this to occur in...1920's, 50's or modern day...(mid-80s thru 90s) Maybe the 80s with a lil City Hunter-esqe flair. I've always loved City Hunter, especially for the music. Have to rewatch some 80s anime to get the 'feel' of it again.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:23   Link #21370
Johnny
Working the bags...

Flesh that out man, flesh it out. Add in yokai and other beings similar to the way Glen Cook does with his Garrett P.I. series...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 18:51   Link #21371
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Nice job Tempest. Though the description and feel of that setting reminds me so much of Who Framed Roger Rabbit with setting and time frame. Though to call such a car a "relic" would certainly place the time of sometime much later than mentioned movie's setting, but mention of some modern conveniences enjoyed now or even up to 30 years ago would give some good background visuals.

Though, for it to be post 20th century wouldn't hurt either, after all, it's just a matter of taste to the individual characters how "retro" they want to appear and act. Though seeing Tsukune in a trench coat and fedora would be kind of interesting. But since he does the "modern" business attire justice, that could work for him too.

But regardless, even a Murder by Death spoof could be interesting in a way.
Old 2011-12-06, 01:28   Link #21372
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The only thing not making me go full retro is that pic of Mizore and Kurumu... The guns they have are way too modern to be in the 20's or 50's timeframe. And I know I didn't add in too much detail into that but everyone who is a youkai will stay a youkai in the story...ugh, this thing is growing into a monster already in my head...
Old 2011-12-06, 04:43   Link #21373
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
That's what I call it dress to kill and their looks are can also kill if you know what I mean.
Old 2011-12-06, 16:33   Link #21374
Tachibana
タチバナ

Rosario + Vampire anime SI and SII will be out on the 20th of this month, can't wait to order

From what ive seen the english voices aren't too bad

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-12-06 at 17:13.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:28   Link #21375
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Rosario + Vampire anime SI and SII will be out on the 20th of this month, can't wait to order

From what ive seen the english voices aren't too bad
Don't really get why you would support something that took a dump on the manga?
And possibly ruined any future anime adaptations.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:53   Link #21376
Tachibana
タチバナ

The anime isn't that bad, i do like it. Anime and Manga have always been different from eachother regardless if they both follow the same storyline, Rosario + Vampire is just one of those types of series, there is going to be a lot more vulgarity and ecchiness in the DVDs when they're released.

Me like ecchiness
Old 2011-12-07, 13:42   Link #21377
mrShady

I watched the series before I read the manga and I liked the anime, though when I noticed the way they butchered such a good story I just couldn't forgive Gonzo and really can't be bothered to support them in any way.
But it's your money and opinion so can't do nothing about it.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:16   Link #21378
Xagzan

I just wish they'd put up some more English clips on the Funi site or something. I wasn't crazy about how deep Inner's voice was, but now knowing it's Colleen Clinkenbeard makes the thought more appealing.
Old 2011-12-08, 06:50   Link #21379
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I watched the anime after reading part I, and it was good comedy/harem...but the manga is just soooo much more, it felt like a waste of potential. Still hoping for a remake, brotherhood-style.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 17:58   Link #21380
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'd be happy with just Capu2 being redone... -.-

Or the bare minimum would be the final two eps... Especially the 5inal two eps...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire