Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-20, 18:47   Link #81
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post

I see K-On doing very well this year, after last year where the main contender got knocked out round 1.
Interesting enough one lead (Mio) got knocked out in the first round, the other lead (Yui) reached the final match and made it close before falling to the winner.

Quote:
Personally, I think it's finally Hina's time to win, since I think this year's pool is going to be a little weaker than past one's.
Last year was set up for Hina to reach the final 8 and maybe have a chance at winning it all. Just her luck to be placed in the same bracket as Yui (K-ON). I have the feeling that there might be more challengers this year that Hina can beat. However, right now almost anyone in K-ON has a chance at beating Hina (Mio, Yui and Azusa for example). Mikoto (Railgun) wants to avoid another second round exit. If anyone still remembers Seitokai no Ichizon, they could cause trouble as well.
Old 2010-06-21, 06:58   Link #82
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
I see K-On doing very well this year, after last year where the main contender got knocked out round 1
K-On did well enough last year, really. While Mio losing in the first round had huge effects on the tournament (In particular she would've made the Taiga's first round in the top 8 much harder), she wasn't K-On's biggest contender, its Yui. In Japan, most polls give Yui>Mio>Azu results.

Quote:
Personally, I think it's finally Hina's time to win, since I think this year's pool is going to be a little weaker than past one's.
A field with Saki, K-On, Working, Seitokai, Bakemono, Nanoha, Fate/Stay Night, Movie-powered Haruhi, Railgun and Angel Beats is weaker than last year? With the only notable exits being Louise, Toradora(very) and Strike WitchesUtawarerumono(not much) ? Really?

Last edited by krko; 2010-06-22 at 05:51. Reason: Correction
Old 2010-06-21, 08:38   Link #83
chaosprophet

Another Saimoe almost starting!

I didn't see anyone commenting about Code Geass participation... Cause that OVA summary of the second seasos which was released on July 24, 2009.
Old 2010-06-21, 11:26   Link #84
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Another Saimoe almost starting!

I didn't see anyone commenting about Code Geass participation... Cause that OVA summary of the second seasos which was released on July 24, 2009.
that is because Code Geass never done well in Saimoe. At best a few character last to the 2nd round before Rena takes them home.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:18   Link #85
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
A field with Saki, K-On, Working, Seitokai, Bakemono, Nanoha, Fate/Stay Night, Movie-powered Haruhi, Railgun and Angel Beats is weaker than last year? With the only notable exits being Louise, Toradora(very) and Strike WitchesUtawarerumono(not much) ? Really?
The second Utawarerumono OVA came out in December, so wouldn't that qualify a number of that show's characters?

I was actually shocked how well Eruru did last year, although I'd be surprised if she replicates that success, since I suspect she only beat Yuki and Haruhi because those two had a weak year (and because of vote splitting).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:36   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This contest always makes my head hurt trying to plumb the rationale (or irrationale) of the voters ..... but carry on.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:42   Link #87
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Saimoe 2010, also known as Hinagiku's last chance.
Why last chance? That Hayate no Gotoku is getting a third season is about as sure as taxes.
Old 2010-06-21, 16:36   Link #88
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is because Code Geass never done well in Saimoe. At best a few character last to the 2nd round before Rena takes them home.
Actually, C.C. was able to make it to the third round in 2007 before she got eliminated by Konoka from Negima (one show on my "root for" list this year, even if the OAV's focused on the crappy portion of the Magic World arc).
Old 2010-06-21, 17:09   Link #89
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
The second Utawarerumono OVA came out in December, so wouldn't that qualify a number of that show's characters?

I was actually shocked how well Eruru did last year, although I'd be surprised if she replicates that success, since I suspect she only beat Yuki and Haruhi because those two had a weak year (and because of vote splitting).
Eruru made Top 8 in Saimoe 2k6. She's fallen since then but she's stronger than you might think. Yuki and Haruhi were a lot weaker last year. Eruruu would have beat either in a fair fight. Eruruu was splitting votes with Camus and Haruhi still only managed a tie.
Old 2010-06-22, 02:19   Link #90
RJ TAYLER

A thought just struck me.

Right now we have Eight winners from the tournament history so far. Perhaps a 'special champions league-style' knock-out round could be run parallel to the finals as well? Say 4 matches (02 vs 03 etc) followed by a short semi final then a Champion over say three days, in the 'rest days' of the main tournament.

In terms of the contest the VA I think that has a real shot at being the 'dark horse' this year is Rina Sato as she has voiced two memorable characters in two different animations across two different seasons. I think the 'Rie K" factor will determine some results as well. Either way the entries are up markedly this year and that makes for a truly memorable and unpredictable competition.
Old 2010-06-22, 11:44   Link #91
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post

Right now we have Eight winners from the tournament history so far. Perhaps a 'special champions league-style' knock-out round could be run parallel to the finals as well? Say 4 matches (02 vs 03 etc) followed by a short semi final then a Champion over say three days, in the 'rest days' of the main tournament.
That's a really interesting idea, actually. But you gotta suggest this on 2ch (in Japanese, or else they'll start whining about foreigners crashing their tournaments again) to see it as a reality.

And yea, this competition will be awesome. So many popular characters, so much hate political voting, so much drama. I'd rather watch this than the Super Bowl.
Old 2010-06-22, 12:55   Link #92
RJ TAYLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
That's a really interesting idea, actually. But you gotta suggest this on 2ch (in Japanese, or else they'll start whining about foreigners crashing their tournaments again) to see it as a reality.

And yea, this competition will be awesome. So many popular characters, so much hate political voting, so much drama. I'd rather watch this than the Super Bowl.
Sadly my Japanese is not up to par yet. However someone could suggest something like that this year would be 'nice' and a nice way to 'round out' the first decade of the tournament.
Old 2010-06-22, 13:14   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post

personally i don't think it is a good idea. Almost half the of the pervious winner are form really old shows. I seriously doubt past winners like Sakura or Riku have much of a fanbase left.
Old 2010-06-22, 13:40   Link #94
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Generation gaps, culture evolution and fandom erosion. It's a nice idea but it'd only be fair if you could somehow time travel to get votes from people in the exact year the champion won in. I mean, how many voters today even know of DNAngel? New voters may only have a year or three's worth of Lore under their belt.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-06-22, 15:52   Link #95
christinemarie
Crazy One

Few more days to go and its ready to MoEble in SaiMoe. Featuring new participants such as Hitagi and Nadeko from Bakemonogatari, Kanade "Tenshi" Tachibana and Yurippe from Angel Beats, Poplar and Aoi from Working!!. There are lot of returnees as well. Don't forget those Hanamaru Kindergarten girls that reallys give me a good sign to start this year.

I can't call Anri Sonohara moe.........

Will my favorite Hinagiku Katsura until Nadeko Sengohara replaces her as my current favorite steals a win this year or one of the Kyo-AniMe girls bags this one?

My predicted top eight (in a random order) for Japan Anime Saimoe 2010

1. Kanade - Angel Beats
2. Yui - K-ON !!
3. Nadeko - Bakemonogatari
3. Yuki Nagato version 2.0 - Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (both of them deserves to be at the no.3 spot)
4. Rin Tosaka - FateXStayXNight Unlimited Blade Works (I miss this character a lot..)
5. Yuri - Angel Beats
6. Hinagiku - Hayate no Gotoku Second Season
7. Azusa - K-ON!!

8. Hitagi - Bakemonogatari its actually 9, but I want to get her in.
I'm sad there is no space for Working!! in my predicted top eight plus one... Poplar

Hayate no Gotoku will have its 3rd season which has the "........." epic arc.
Old 2010-06-22, 15:59   Link #96
hinakatbklyn

May as well put in a prediction for Top 8 (Early estimate before nominations)

(1) Yui (K-ON)
(2) Azusa (K-ON)
(3) Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
(4) Mio (K-ON)
(5) Shiina Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
(6) Sakurano Kurimu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
(7) Misaka Mikoto (Railgun)
(8) Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku Second Season)
Old 2010-06-22, 16:01   Link #97
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Little early for predictions? Usually there isn't a clear picture until nominations are over.

I'm also going to assume the ban on the larger Californian internet service providers is still in effect on 2ch.
Old 2010-06-22, 16:37   Link #98
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I can't call Anri Sonohara moe.........
No of course not. Durarara moe has always been about Selty. Incidentally, you're not including Mahiru from Working? She's the flag holder of Working in my view.

I can't do predictions this early - my head's way too filled with non-qualifiers. Not just the recognisable stuff like Vocaloid and Touhou... I'm also thinking of notable original characters of certain Pixiv artists and such.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-06-22, 16:43   Link #99
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
No of course not. Durarara moe has always been about Selty. Incidentally, you're not including Mahiru from Working? She's the flag holder of Working in my view.

I can't do predictions this early - my head's way too filled with non-qualifiers. Not just the recognisable stuff like Vocaloid and Touhou... I'm also thinking of notable original characters of certain Pixiv artists and such.
Oh yeah, no her, huh... or her sister, either. It would have been amusing to watch them own, and maybe bite the same dust that the moe maid bassist bit last year.

Then again, they literally have no personalities, nothing truly moe about them, considering moe isn't skin deep. I'm not sure if they'd get far in Saimoe, anyway.
Old 2010-06-22, 16:50   Link #100
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Oh yeah, no her, huh... or her sister, either. It would have been amusing to watch them own, and maybe bite the same dust that the moe maid bassist bit last year.

Then again, they literally have no personalities, nothing truly moe about them, considering moe isn't skin deep. I'm not sure if they'd get far in Saimoe, anyway.
True, lots of gorgeous fashion images and a full-colour H doujin isn't enough to give Chocolat and Vanilla (or the other Pixiv originals I'm thinking of) enough weight to actually get anywhere serious in Saimoe. But it's still distracting me when I've nothing concrete to think on. I need specific questions of "chara A vs chara B! Choose!" to think through carefully on their histories to dig up all their moe.

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, saimoe