Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-31, 14:09   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Opening flashback did not have the crashing helicopter 1/10 dropped, bye.
They make it up with a more impactful explosion .

And yeah, I didn't expect to see the invisible girl in this episode.
Old 2022-07-31, 14:36   Link #22
GDB

Really enjoyed the episode. Was definitely not expecting the EXTREME Memory to show up this early, though it makes sense. I feel like all the side characters except Macky were done perfectly. Unless this isn't supposed to be Makura, but it sounded like him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 14:37   Link #23
justavisitor

Great anime!!! Cool action scenes, and they adapt the plot from the manga pretty well. (And I think the plot from the manga is good anyway, so as long as they follow it, I see no issue here)

The problem is, if you haven't never seen the tv series, you will have missed a lot of the easter eggs. For example, Lily from the coffee shop, or on the contrary,
Spoiler for put it on spoiler just in case:

To me, I would like to see will they finally draw out the scene on how they switch the memory XD
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 18:15   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really great first episode!

Solid production values and tons of easter eggs for fans. And now that this is anime, they added fanservice (look at Tokime's boobs bouncing all over the place) and gore, though the former is more censored than the manga which had outright nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really enjoyed the episode. Was definitely not expecting the EXTREME Memory to show up this early, though it makes sense. I feel like all the side characters except Macky were done perfectly. Unless this isn't supposed to be Makura, but it sounded like him.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be him, but I guess the actor didn't want his likeness to be used (same thing for Lily). I'm actually surprised how much some characters look like the original actors. Watcherman is like 1:1
I think making Akiko this beautiful was a mistake though, since a running gag in the original was that she thought of herself as an 11/10 when she was just average. Personality seems on point but Mikako Komatsu's voice just makes her sound too gentle, it doesn't feel like a good fit. Waiting for her catchphrase.
Old 2022-07-31, 18:29   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pretty sure it's supposed to be him, but I guess the actor didn't want his likeness to be used (same thing for Lily). I'm actually surprised how much some characters look like the original actors. Watcherman is like 1:1
I think making Akiko this beautiful was a mistake though, since a running gag in the original was that she thought of herself as an 11/10 when she was just average. Personality seems on point but Mikako Komatsu's voice just makes her sound too gentle, it doesn't feel like a good fit. Waiting for her catchphrase.
I guess not getting the rights to the actors' likeness might explain some of the more artistic liberties (other than "anime") like Lily being a redhead now.

Akiko is a lot cuter .
Old 2022-07-31, 18:45   Link #26
GDB

I'm not sure how long since the end of the series this takes place, but I'd like to assume she just started taking better care of herself/wearing better fitting clothes/wearing makeup (or not, depending on how she was) to make Terui happier.
Old 2022-07-31, 19:50   Link #27
Galaxian

I find Shotaro's noticeably deeper voice in the anime a bit amusing, because it's probably how the original live-action Shotaro would wish he sounded like.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 21:55   Link #28
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I find Shotaro's noticeably deeper voice in the anime a bit amusing, because it's probably how the original live-action Shotaro would wish he sounded like.
It's the usual situation of how Shotaro trying to act cool towards beautiful ladies.
Was there in few episodes like Nazca dopant's sister (i'm purposely not saying the name).
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 22:53   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
It's the usual situation of how Shotaro trying to act cool towards beautiful ladies.
Was there in few episodes like Nazca dopant's sister (i'm purposely not saying the name).
Shotaro always knows how to pick 'em .
Old 2022-08-02, 21:34   Link #30
Galaxian

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Shotaro also a had a bit of a crush on Lily, but she had a thing for Ryu instead, and he was also a big fan of Wakana, but she only cared about Philip.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 23:32   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Shotaro also a had a bit of a crush on Lily, but she had a thing for Ryu instead, and he was also a big fan of Wakana, but she only cared about Philip.
Essentially Shotaro doesn't have the best luck with women .
Old 2022-08-03, 03:30   Link #32
GDB

The main one he liked was Yukie, but that didn't work out either.
Old 2022-08-03, 09:51   Link #33
B214

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Essentially Shotaro doesn't have the best luck with women .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The main one he liked was Yukie, but that didn't work out either.
The one woman who love him tried to eat him.
His luck with women is literally, they're all dopants.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 10:02   Link #34
Frontier

Quote:
The one woman who love him tried to eat him.
His luck with women is literally, they're all dopants.
And criminals, pretty much .

Some things never change even in anime form .
Old 2022-08-07, 11:41   Link #35
Frontier

There's that patented Kamen Rider W case recap with Fumihiko Tachiki! How I missed it .

And there's the Opening! It's not W-B-X Crime in the City, but it's pretty fitting and a solid Rider anime Opening, featuring the Narumi Detective Agency in their daily lives (with Tokime in tow), Terui radiating strong Bishonen husband energy, the new villains taking over from the Sonozaki's as well as teasing their Dopant forms, W and Accel busting heads, LunaTrigger and HeatMetal, and all of Accel's upgrade forms! The only thing we were missing is Extreme and FangJoker, but that's just me being greedy .

Boo! Still delaying the first proper Henshin sequence. And then Shotaro just leaves his driver behind out of pride. Well, sometimes you have to save the best for last .

Smilodon and Magma Dopant cameos! We even got to see the Sonozaki's in their Dopant forms! Even Nazca !

Nobody loves Fuuto more than Shotaro (other than Kirihiko Sonozaki), and he'll do anything to protect the sanctity of the city as well as the feelings of anyone who resides in it .

Philip did the thing! And it looks especially cool in anime form .

So they're dealing with the Road Dopant, who can enter into a shadow version of Fuuto but the strain of that causes them to cannibalize human beings as a result. That's pretty graphic .

Akiko said the line !

Is that supposed to be Akira Aoyama from the final episode of W? When a middle-schooler seems like he's getting more game than poor Shotaro .

I think the first major indication that Tokime isn't the Road Dopant was seeing her on that tree snarling at those teen girls. She acted more like a cat than a killer vehicle monster. Actually, her being cat-like might explain a lot about her mannerisms. It looks like her Gaia Memory is broken though, but is it somehow seeing into herself to give her powers ?

Well, Philip is right that Shotaro seems enamored with Tokime and her smile is enough to wrap him around her finger...but sometimes even a half-boiled detective needs to follow his gut !

If you didn't think they showed enough of Tokime's bathing scene last episode, here's some good shots of her naked and in her underwear !

Tokime has amnesia? So even she doesn't know who she is, what she can do, or even why she's there other than knowing the answers to all her questions are in Fuuto. I guess that will be one of the driving questions of the series, especially if she's joining the main cast .

It looks Tokime might be falling for Shotaro herself when he defends her and brings her in close! She's cute when she blushes .

So the Road Dopant was one of Tachikawa's subordinates who had been killing his fellow men to feed the hunger his power induces in him. Also, Tachikawa mentioned wanting the bag as well as Tokime's head, so something definitely seems up there .

Just when Shotaro thinks he's going at it alone, Philip shows up to smash into the Road Dopant with the Revolgarry just in time for him and Shotaro to finally transform. And Akiko is there to pick up Philip, as always .

There it is! Cyclone! Joker! And together they form...Kamen Rider Double! And that Henshin was so beautiful. And they end it on the perfect scene of them saying the line...now, count up your sins !

The Ending shows that Ultraman isn't the only tokusatsu anime that can do a fun Ending sequence of everybody dancing, and it was a pretty cute and fun Ending. We also see Tokime ingratiating herself into the daily life of the detective agency, but my favorite scene is her with Shotaro's hat .

Mick the cat and Philip can both relate to being exasperated by Shotaro and Akiko's antics
Old 2022-08-07, 12:46   Link #36
Blaat

Well we finally got an actor recurring his role from the TV series and unsurprisingly it's Tachiki Fumihiko.

Man that transformation sakuga was something else. I do think the pacing was a bit too fast for my taste, and apparently they adapted four (monthly) chapters in this episode and you can tell.
Old 2022-08-07, 13:32   Link #37
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Woops, Akira is here. Some fans who don't like the last three episodes of W might be triggered by it .

Anyway, now that we have our anime henshin, I'm going to bring this back again: I still really don't like the fact that the henshin left Philip passed out and become liability. It's a two-in-one Kamen Rider godammit! Just let their bodies combine into one! Sheesh, this is such a flawed henshin concept.

Other than that, I still thoroughly enjoy the episode.
Old 2022-08-07, 13:53   Link #38
GDB

That ED animation is something else.
Old 2022-08-07, 13:56   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Woops, Akira is here. Some fans who don't like the last three episodes of W might be triggered by it .

Anyway, now that we have our anime henshin, I'm going to bring this back again: I still really don't like the fact that the henshin left Philip passed out and become liability. It's a two-in-one Kamen Rider godammit! Just let their bodies combine into one! Sheesh, this is such a flawed henshin concept.

Other than that, I still thoroughly enjoy the episode.
But then we wouldn't have Akiko having to always catch him. And what a big deal it is when they fuse for Extreme .
Old 2022-08-07, 14:41   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But then we wouldn't have Akiko having to always catch him. And what a big deal it is when they fuse for Extreme .
I'd rather sacrifice the Extreme fuse emotional impact for a more practical henshin that keeps getting repeated for an entire 4 cours of the live-action show back then.

Watching Philip's body being useless again & again (times 50+) after henshin is always annoying to me and it just looks lame.

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu