AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 08:32   Link #41
Killerattacks

I get "ERROR: Could not open AAC Encoder" but I have the "neroAacEnc.exe" and "neroAacEnc_SSE.exe" in my bin directory. The script doesn't stop btw.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 21:10   Link #42
bobber205

Been using this script for quite awhile now and I have been very pleased. However I have come across one series, Baccano, that just keeps failing.

I want to know if it's worth my time to extract the audio and convert it to AAC. I've had to do that once or twice before but I this file's audio is already aac.

I have quoted the errors I get.
If I could get any advice on this, I would be most appreciate!

Quote:
E:\>cd converting

E:\converting>mkv2mp4.bat
Running MKV to MP4 batch script v1.02
---
What type of file have you got? (1, 2, 3 or 4)
Type: 3
Please enter the filename of the MKV file to load excluding
the extension
File: otaku1
Please enter the pixel aspect ratio (in the format N, ie 1:1):
PAR: 1:1
Please enter the filename of the AviSynth script to load excluding
the extension
Script: otaku1
Please enter the filename for the final output file excluding the
extension
Output: baccano1
Is your video standard or high definition? (s or h)
Standard: s
Please enter the video bitrate (kbps) that you would like to use
(recommended: 700-850)
Bitrate: 700
---
Encoding Video First Pass...
avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'otaku1.avs'
---
Encoding Video Second Pass...
avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'otaku1.avs'
---
Muxing Video and Audio...
Extracting track 2 with the CodecID 'A_AAC' to the file 'bin\baccano1_aud.aac'.
Container format: raw AAC file with ADTS headers
progress: 100%
progress: 100%
mp4box -nhml 1 "baccano1_vid.mp4"
Error opening file baccano1_vid.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File
No such file or directory at script/tc2mp4.pl line 82.
Unknown input file type
Error importing bin\baccano1_vid_new.mp4: Requested URL is not valid or cannot b
e found
---
Deleting intermediate files...
Could Not Find E:\converting\bin\otaku1.stats
Could Not Find E:\converting\bin\baccano1_vid_new.mp4
Done!

E:\converting>
bobber205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:11   Link #43
martino
makes no files now

If the audio is already in AAC then there shouldn't be any need to transcode, just remuxing should be enough (unless it is AAC-HE or AAC-HEv2 -- depending on where you want to playback the file, since those two aren't supported by most hardware players).

Some notes...

1) If the video is H264, you may be able to just use type 1 to remux it.
2) To solve your problem try adding "ConvertToYV12()" at the end of the .avs script.

Also blergh... I should update the binaries in the package. :/
Old 2008-10-21, 08:14   Link #44
bobber205

I tried option 1. While it completed successfully, it didn't burn the subtiles into it.

I am going to try "option 4" when I get home.

MPC says it's MPEG4 Video (H264) 704x400
The audio is AAC 480000Hz stereo
and the subtiles are ass of course.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:16   Link #45
martino
makes no files now

Oh, right. I forgot about subtitles (and yeah, option 1 just remuxes)... Type 3b is what you should need then, if that won't work then 4.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:18   Link #46
Chortos-2

I have got a type 3b file, but I decided to test type 1 first simply to ensure that tc2mp4 works, and—it does not. My original MKV is 0:23:06 long and if I play it in Windows Media Player and open the Info & CPU tab in the ffdshow video decoder configuration, it shows 29.970 fps throughout the entire video:
Spoiler:
If I simply mkvextract the video and put it into an MP4 container using MP4Box setting fps=29.970, I get 0:21:45 of video. If I use the batch script provided in this thread, however, I get 0:16:40 of video and I cannot play it using QuickTime or iTunes, more specifically, they become extremely slow when I press Play and hang soon afterwards or hang if I try to seek even without pressing Play. After being put into an MP4 container using MP4Box with fps=23.976 (this is what the script does), the video is 0:27:13 long.

Besides, MP4Box counts 39162 samples in the extracted H.264 and in the resulting MP4 files. On the other hand, if I press Pause in Windows Media Player and move the current position marker to the very right, i. e. go to the last frame, ffdshow’s Info & CPU tab shows ‘Current frame: 41536’. I have tried running MP4Box with the nodrop and packed flags in every combination (neither; only nodrop; only packed; both), but nothing changes.

P.S. iTunes does not allow to copy the file to my iPod touch either (it says ‘the device does not support this video format’). This could be because it only supports the Baseline H.264 profile; if this is not the reason, then something fishy is going on, because all other requirements are met.

Last edited by Chortos-2; 2008-11-09 at 15:08.
Chortos-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 21:43   Link #47
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Hello

Before continuing too much I'll apologize if this post seems messy/vague but writing at 04:36am doesn't help

I presume I've missed something important in the tutorial in the morning hours but this is the problem I'm having right now.

Everything is going all fine till this pops up

Ignore those yen signs "Ei löydy" can be translated as "Couldn't find"

This is how the folder looks like

The AviSynth script file contains the following line
"DirectShowSource("F:\Mkv2MPG4\They_Are_My_Noble_Ma sters_02.mkv")"

This is the information for the file I'm working on.

Based on that I think I should be using the third option.

Any help on this matter is very appreciated and please be patient with me
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 00:47   Link #48
bobber205

After having issues similar to yours, I started using option 4. And it's worked on every file that 3 did and didn't encode.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:08   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Oh wow... Lots of things gone wrong there. I can tell you that one of them is because the script was written for an older revision of x264, and well, the newer ones are incompatible with it. I'll update it at some point, just that it's going to be a bit messy since I no longer use Windows. Another thing is that your .avs script has "F:\Mkv2MPG4\They_Are_My_Noble_Ma sters_02.mkv" doesn't seem to match the name if the file, which is "They_Are_My_Noble_Masters_02.mkv" from what I see. Unless you made a typo or Windows sucks at showing filenames with spaces in them. Either way, even if that is one of the issues it wouldn't help. This thing needs an update. As far as the rest goes, I'll have to test it first, so hang on.
Old 2008-11-16, 17:33   Link #50
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Oh wow... Lots of things gone wrong there. I can tell you that one of them is because the script was written for an older revision of x264, and well, the newer ones are incompatible with it. I'll update it at some point, just that it's going to be a bit messy since I no longer use Windows. Another thing is that your .avs script has "F:\Mkv2MPG4\They_Are_My_Noble_Ma sters_02.mkv" doesn't seem to match the name if the file, which is "They_Are_My_Noble_Masters_02.mkv" from what I see. Unless you made a typo or Windows sucks at showing filenames with spaces in them. Either way, even if that is one of the issues it wouldn't help. This thing needs an update. As far as the rest goes, I'll have to test it first, so hang on.
Yeah, major typo on my part when writing the post. I appreciate you looking into this. Getting .mkv files into a format that keeps the softsubs for PS3 viewing is like playing russian roulette at times if you ask me but I guess that's because I'm totally new at this kind of stuff.

EDIT: Right now I'm using AlltoAvi to turn the .mkv files that just wont bend to Mkv2vob into .avi files and then converting them with PS3 Video 9. It's a painful and slow progress if you ask me.

Last edited by Graus; 2008-11-16 at 21:19.
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 12:59   Link #51
Spazthemax

I've been searching around the web for a day looking for a way to convert MKV files into proper MP4 format for my PSP. These two tutorials seem to be the most useful I can find (and the most recent), however each one has it's own problem.

I first tried GHDpro's tutorial, in which my progress was halted every time I try to convert the .avs file. Shortly after clicking "Convert" a window would pop up. "ffmpeg.exe has experienced an error and has to close". No matter how much a fiddle with the avs file or the directory (Making sure there are no spaces in folder or files names, checking spelling, etc.) it still comes up with the same problem.

After that, I tried Martino's tutorial. I downloaded everything, Identified my MKV as Type 3b, then used the batch file. After I fill everything out it begin working, but then suddenly closes. My suspicion here is this is because when I install the latest MKVtoolnix, pcrecpp.dll isn't included.

A solution to either of these problems would greatly appreciated.
Spazthemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 13:04   Link #52
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Spazthemax, if you want to convert softsubbed MKVs for your PSP, I would heartily suggest XviD4PSP. Despite its name, it actually converts basically everything for a boatloat of different devices.

To make it simple:
1. Have CCCP
2. Go to CCCP settings page 2 and check "Autoload VSFilter"
3. Convert videos for PSP with XviD4PSP
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 14:16   Link #53
Spazthemax

Oddly enough, I tried again with PSPvideo9 and it didn't give me that error message.

Daiz, if this one doesn't work I'll use your suggestion. Thanks.

IF anyone cares, the series I'm trying to convert is Spice and Wolf. I noticed there is a section for it here, I may look there after this is all over. I can't wait for season 2.

Edit: Oh, and I recall having problems with XviD4PSP, something like not being able to find temporary avs files. Although that was before I touched CCCP's settings.

Update: Even though PSP Video 9 was able to convert my AVS into a mp4, my PSP calls it "Unsupported Data". Quicktime says the movie has a "bad atom".

I'm now trying XviD4PSP, and oddly enough it's working good so far. Here's hoping this is finally the solution that made me lose sleep last night.

Update:
Success! Using XviD4PSP, I could just open the MKV files and convert them, no extracting or AVS required! And excellent quality as well, although that maybe because the original was 1280 x 768. Thanks, Daiz!

Last edited by Spazthemax; 2008-11-30 at 14:29.
Spazthemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 21:36   Link #54
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Hopefully this "guide" hasnt been posted. If so oh well, just good that people know about it.

Found another pretty simple way to convert .mkv files to mp4 and still get the subtitles on. Most of this was taken from the manual that comes with PSPVC. This is mainly for psp but i tested in for my 360 as well and it works if you change the file extention to avi. But because of the resoultion it does have a very poor quality video if you play it on your tv.

First you'll need a converter called PSPVC
http://pspvc.nswardh.com/pspvc.php

And of course you want MKVtoolnix
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkvtoolnix

Youll also want to get a program called Subtitle Workshop
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-5315.html

Open the MKVtoolnix folder in program files and use a program called MKVextractGUI- this will allow you to extract the required ssa/srt file from the mkv. Once youve done this open subtitle workshop and do the following:
Quote:
ADJUST THE SUBTITLES TO FIT THE PSP SCREEN

If the lines in the subtitles are too long and are displayed out of range, you might want to adjust the length of the text-lines to fit the PSP screen. Do like this:

1. Start Subtitle Workshop
2. Click "File" ---> "Load Subtitle" (or CTRL+O) and select your subtitles file
3. Click "Edit" ---> "Select All " (Or CTRL+A) to select all subtitles
4. Click "Edit" ---> "Text" ---> "Smart Line Adjust" (Or CTRL+E) to adjust the subs
5. Click "File" ---> "Save" (or press CTRL+S) to save them again
Now that the subtitle file has been prepared correctly open PSPVC, if you know what your doing with the video options choose how you wish for the best picture. Audio settings default are fine.

For video i selected:
Quote:
Bitrate: 768 kbps
Framerate: 29.970 fps
Resolution: 480x272 [Full 16:9]
Resizer: Spline64
Now go over to the subtitle tab and add the ssa/srt file(check activate subtitles. and leave everything default. Gives ya the normal subtitles from the orginal file. Select start and your good to go. Ive tired this many times and it worked each time and it truly is very easy. Average file size for this configuration is 142mb.

Hope this helps cause i know even with the other guides it was still a headache.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 20:10   Link #55
ABoy

Quote:
...I can tell you that one of them is because the script was written for an older revision of x264, and well, the newer ones are incompatible with it. I'll update it at some point, just that it's going to be a bit messy since I no longer use Windows.
Doh! I spent a few hours following your instructions in the OP but ran into trouble when I was following the steps for the file type (4) I was trying to convert, now I wonder if the new incompatibility issue with x264 might be the cause of my trouble. I appreciate the time you've taken so far in giving this tutorial, and I look forward to to your update.

I ran the mkv2mp4 batch file with cmd, below is the log. To simplify the process I gave the mkv, the avisynth script, and the output files very similar names.

C:\Documents and Settings\Elliot>desktop\mkv2mp4\mkv2mp4.bat
Running MKV to MP4 batch script v1.02
---
What type of file have you got? (1, 2, 3 or 4)
Type: 4
Please enter the filename of the MKV file to load excluding
the extension
File: "C:\Documents and settings\Elliot\desktop\mkv2mp4\kanon01"
Please enter the filename of the AviSynth script to load excluding
the extension
Script: "C:\Documents and Settings\Elliot\desktop\mkv2mp4\kanon01"
Please enter the filename for the final output file excluding the
extension
Output: "C:\Documents and Settings\Elliot\desktop\mkv2mp4\kanon01output"
Is your video standard or high definition (s or h)
Standard: s
Please enter the pixel aspect ratio (in the format N, ie 1:1):
PAR: 100:99
Please enter the video bitrate (kbps) that you would like to use
(recommended: 700-850)
Bitrate: 800
---
Encoding Audio...
The system cannot find the path specified.

Is this a matter of compatibility or have I fumbled a step?

Thanks again for all the time you've devoted to this.
ABoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 22:10   Link #56
martino
makes no files now

Two or three days and I'll be able to look at all the problems that piled up so far (stupid uni). Although Daiz seems to have been recommending Xvid4PSP for PSP conversions, so the program is probably not half-bad... at least it probably works unlike this script. Anyway, for those who can't wait for my eternal slowness.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:18   Link #57
bobber205

I am having some issues with a new install of vista 64 bit and mkvmerge and Aegissub and this whole process.

I had started to use xvid4psp to encode my videos instead as it was much faster. The resulting file was bigger but for me that wasn't an issue.

However, it's no longer recognizing my subtitles. If I try to extract them using mkvmerge and that toolkit, I get a bunch of garbage when the dialog starts. Aegissub cannot open the file either.

What should I do? I figured this would be a good place to ask.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:32   Link #58
martino
makes no files now

http://martino.pastebin.com/f12b6e48b - Version 1.03 (save as mkv2mp4.bat)

Changelog:
Updated to new x264 versions
Changed some settings in the x264 options (might be slower, if you want faster replace "trellis 2" with "trellis 1" at some quality cost)
Changed some audio script imports
Shuffled around some SETs
Changed front page instructions (please re-read next time, sorry)
something else I can't remember
something something else else I can't remember

For all the people who were having problems and still feel like using this script please try it again, if you'll be having problems even with one then I'll try to get back to you.

Hopefully I haven't made any mistakes. Tried testing modes 1, 2 and 4 on two files without any problems.

@bobber205
Xvid4PSP will be considerably faster since it uses Xvid as opposed to H264, where H264 is more complex to encode and thus takes longer. Also depends on the settings... RTFM. As far as that file goes... my guess is broken or encoding fail.

P.S. How much I hate bash.
Old 2008-12-19, 15:25   Link #59
Sides

Quote:
@bobber205
Xvid4PSP will be considerably faster since it uses Xvid as opposed to H264, where H264 is more complex to encode and thus takes longer. Also depends on the settings... RTFM. As far as that file goes... my guess is broken or encoding fail.
IIRC Xvid4PSP support h264 and other codecs. It is basically build around avisynth and opensource encoders. The name Xvid4psp is just confusing, they added avc output in version 3.xxx.
But yeah, if someone chooses xvid rather than x264, it would be munh faster, but with xvid you might need to add some filters.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 17:07   Link #60
Longcat
pizza pizza

Send a message via AIM to Longcat
Everything seemed to be working fine right up to the end (this was using method #1)

Any ideas?
Longcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate