AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 08:36   Link #201
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Does anyone have a translation for this one? Especially for last two panels?
Spoiler for multiple pairings, no yaoi/yuri:
The lovely folks over at the livejournal community were able to translate the panels (boy, does Izayay ever stop talking? XD)

Spoiler for wall o' text:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 10:31   Link #202
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
The lovely folks over at the livejournal community were able to translate the panels (boy, does Izayay ever stop talking? XD)

Thank you!
Oh that Shinra...(and Izaya....)
Tresspasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 10:54   Link #203
kitten320

Quote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I liked all of them but as expected the last two were the most hilariouse ones
Izaya, how exactly do you expect her to kiss your lips when you talk without stop? Also could someone spoil me and explain the volume 7 reference? Feel free to PM me if it suits you better.

And yep, Shinra definetly is going insane... Wait! He already is insane

P.S. I guess that's Namie/Izaya several hours later:
Spoiler for slightly NSFW:

Both of them had kept their promises
Old 2010-06-10, 10:55   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

The best

Thank you for posting it here, and thanks to the translator.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:10   Link #205
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I liked all of them but as expected the last two were the most hilariouse ones
Izaya, how exactly do you expect her to kiss your lips when you talk without stop? Also could someone spoil me and explain the volume 7 reference? Feel free to PM me if it suits you better.

And yep, Shinra definetly is going insane... Wait! He already is insane

P.S. I guess that's Namie/Izaya several hours later:
Spoiler for slightly NSFW:

Both of them had kept their promises
Wait WHAT? Don't tell me IzaNamie is canon now...what's with Shizaya?

Volume 7 damn you!
Old 2010-06-10, 12:28   Link #206
kitten320

No offence to any yaoi lovers, but ShiZaya was the most straight forward crack right from the beginning. I really can't see that happening, Shizuo doesn't even listen to him and is ready to crack Izaya's head open any moment. I like hate/love relationship and all but here is only hate, see no sympathy.

And no, as far as I know IzaNamie is not canon... yet. Though they did go to first name basis if the sourse I read is correct aka no more "Namie-san and Izaya-san" but simply "Namie and Izaya"

Also another thing I read is:
Spoiler for novel spoilers:

Anyway they are not a confirmed couple but there are some hints that make us believe that they became closer. Also the one who draws images for novel likes them, the vol 7 cover has Namie with huge weapon and wearing Izaya's coat... By her side is sitting Shizuo though

Also why so many people are against it? Namie is not that bad when you know her better, their interections are always fun to see/read and they kinda complete each other. Besides both are evil and damn smart, that's one scary couple.

And yeh ShiZaya is scary too, but two smart people are scarier... they can use power houses.

And even if they do hook up, I don't see them being lovely dovely so don't panick. I still see them bullying each other. They would be together more from pleasure and lust than love.
Old 2010-06-10, 13:01   Link #207
Tresspasser
A BRO

^
To the post above
I completely agree! Izaya and Shizuo are funny as rivals, but I can't say that there in love. Trust me, I LOVE Hate/Love relationships, but this ISN'T Hate/Love. It's just Hate, they show no affection for each other in ANY way, in fact, Shizuo wouldn't even give a damn if Izaya died, and if Shizuo died, Izaya wouldn't care either.

Spoiler for To Save Space:
Tresspasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:00   Link #208
Avira

Quote:
No offence to any yaoi lovers, but ShiZaya was the most straight forward crack right from the beginning. I really can't see that happening, Shizuo doesn't even listen to him and is ready to crack Izaya's head open any moment. I like hate/love relationship and all but here is only hate, see no sympathy.

And no, as far as I know IzaNamie is not canon... yet. Though they did go to first name basis if the sourse I read is correct aka no more "Namie-san and Izaya-san" but simply "Namie and Izaya"

Also another thing I read is:
Spoiler for novel spoilers:

Anyway they are not a confirmed couple but there are some hints that make us believe that they became closer. Also the one who draws images for novel likes them, the vol 7 cover has Namie with huge weapon and wearing Izaya's coat... By her side is sitting Shizuo though

Also why so many people are against it? Namie is not that bad when you know her better, their interections are always fun to see/read and they kinda complete each other. Besides both are evil and damn smart, that's one scary couple.

And yeh ShiZaya is scary too, but two smart people are scarier... they can use power houses.

And even if they do hook up, I don't see them being lovely dovely so don't panick. I still see them bullying each other. They would be together more from pleasure and lust than love.
Yeah I know, I just sorta hoped that both might not get paired up with anyone else(Shizuo and Izaya) so there's no actual person in the way..but yaoi or anything close in an anime like this is more than highly unlikely xD

But I don't like Namie. She's just cold and sort of boring (character and looks-wise). Besides the fact that she loves her brother but that just freaks me out personally because I've got a younger brother myself, so..yeah. Whatever. I'll try not to hate her too much though if IzaNamie does ever become canon.

I'd look for a pic (to avoid off-topicness) but imageshack isn't working atm..sorry.
Old 2010-06-11, 10:09   Link #209
kitten320

Well I can understand you, right now she doesn't do much. Though I mostly like her for her responses to Izaya and their over all interection, like for example when her job was to move game pieces

Ah yeh, that is a creepy part. It did throw me off at first too but after she started to work for Izaya that part started to appear less... really makes you appricate Izaya

But here is some ShizYa yaoi especially for you
Spoiler for space:
Old 2010-06-11, 10:25   Link #210
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

@Kitten - Gah I think I died inside
I would give you cookies but I cant..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 10:45   Link #211
kitten320

Despite not being fan of the couple, I still have more. Might post them some other day.
And I'm glad that you liked those
Old 2010-06-11, 16:14   Link #212
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for running out of things to say:

Spoiler for And two comics:
Old 2010-06-11, 17:02   Link #213
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
The comic.. funny... but Mikado didnt say he was jokeing about being the founder of Dollars
Old 2010-06-11, 17:55   Link #214
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think that was a thought bubble actually, out of the three Mikado actually seems to be the quietest on his role.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:21   Link #215
Avira

Quote:
Well I can understand you, right now she doesn't do much. Though I mostly like her for her responses to Izaya and their over all interection, like for example when her job was to move game pieces

Ah yeh, that is a creepy part. It did throw me off at first too but after she started to work for Izaya that part started to appear less... really makes you appricate Izaya

But here is some ShizYa yaoi especially for you
Spoiler for space:
d'aww thanks^^ I don't really read the novels and anime!Namie just isn't my type of character..

And I recently discovered yaoi....

Spoiler for :):
Old 2010-06-12, 08:44   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A little bit of everything.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-06-12, 10:00   Link #217
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:

I dunno if this has been said already but this might be very well based on a poem by Franz Grillparzer. Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Just mentioning it for those who might be interested. It's called "Kuss" or well "kiss" in english.
Old 2010-06-12, 20:31   Link #218
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I dunno if this has been said already but this might be very well based on a poem by Franz Grillparzer. Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Just mentioning it for those who might be interested. It's called "Kuss" or well "kiss" in english.
I looked it up and I'm pretty sure you're right (although all the translations I found were clunkier than the ones I got the comic, lol).

Spoiler for and of course I can't post without pictures, right?:

And then, possibly the scariest thing I've seen all day:

Shizuo's violence and strength with Izayay's brains? Dear lord, Ikebukuro would never have any trouble ever again.
Old 2010-06-12, 21:12   Link #219
Crontica

Shizaya!? The world has ended.
Old 2010-06-13, 07:52   Link #220
kitten320

^You only now found out about them? They are dominating Durarara fandoms. When you type in Izaya or Shizuo seperately in search options, the first thing you get is Shizaya

Hack, even the biggest part of fanfiction is about them. Yaoi fans sure are crazy and fast