AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 00:12   Link #35301
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*stares at multiple micro reactor set-up... drools*

If they had a resonance factor they could power everything indefinitely. Probably.

About the alien thing. It was seriously just about Madoka and Ichika D:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:21   Link #35302
agetreme
Just another Idiot

something unrelated to IS that just popped into my head:

Mortal created God to create themselves.
Putting it into another word: God created mortal to create itself.

Yay for omnipotent and omnipresent?
Old 2012-08-09, 00:21   Link #35303
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
*stares at multiple micro reactor set-up... drools*

If they had a resonance factor they could power everything indefinitely. Probably.

About the alien thing. It was seriously just about Madoka and Ichika D:
For the revamped Minerva's case, they do power things indefinitely. Only they replenish power at a slow rate.

As for the aliens, I still like the idea. Why not?
Old 2012-08-09, 00:25   Link #35304
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So the Minerva is much more faithful to real robot and iron man archetypes now?

You get really bored when in a 48 hour black out. Then that happened. I kind of took a fancy to the idea as well. At first the bad guys would assume that the prophecy about power that unites the universe would be about Madoka and Chifuyu due to their overwhelming combat ability. Then it actually is about Madoka and Ichika creating the 0th astrogate
Old 2012-08-09, 00:41   Link #35305
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Pretty much, yeah. With quite a number of stuffs being rectonned, the Minerva is quite like how I envisioned it to be:

- No digital weapon storage.
- Magnus opted out, replaced with beam sabers that can bypass barriers at the expense of power.
- Iwaki Core opted out, replaced with a network of mini nuclear reactors.
- All weapons are now physically built-in.
- Karin System opted out, replaced with another delimiter system.
- Reduced arsenal from 5 different weapons(Original Minerva) to 2 twin sets of weapons(Revamped Minerva).

There may be other changes, still working on it.

Sounds like a potential twist would occur in-story. Though having both prophecies occuring would be nice too, sort of like a double-twist.
Old 2012-08-09, 00:46   Link #35306
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The only problem now is the sword is too reminiscent of Yukihira when you think about it or when the two are side by side. Though Yukihira doesn't seem to be a unique weapon, most people just steer clear of it because it seems like too steep a pay off.

It's the craziest version of IS that I've thought of to date and I had the Ichika and the older harem idea D:
Old 2012-08-09, 00:58   Link #35307
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
The only problem now is the sword is too reminiscent of Yukihira when you think about it or when the two are side by side. Though Yukihira doesn't seem to be a unique weapon, most people just steer clear of it because it seems like too steep a pay off.

It's the craziest version of IS that I've thought of to date and I had the Ichika and the older harem idea D:
Depends how people will see it. There's definitely no fault in seeing Minerva's sabers and the Yukihara as being similar seeing as they're both meant for anti-barrier attacks.

Another way of seeing it is the the Minerva is built for real combat scenarios while the IS leans more to sports. Even though the IS maybe a step above the Minerva in tech aspects, the Minerva makes up for it with its decisive combat capability as its unaffected by the limitations spelled out by the Alaska Treaty.

If Ichika really is into older girls, one would wonder what's the purpose of his current harem so far...
Old 2012-08-09, 00:59   Link #35308
demino_hellsin
That one guy

a true war machine XD

Though not overkill for fighting just drones?
Old 2012-08-09, 01:06   Link #35309
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
a true war machine XD

Though not overkill for fighting just drones?
Not anymore, that's another thing that's changed in the revamped Minerva. It's not built solely for drone combat, nor for anti-IS scenarios.

It's a general-purpose unit, built to take on any combat scenarios the world currently has to offer.
Old 2012-08-09, 01:48   Link #35310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now I'm getting gundam vibes :|

Aw heck, gundam's always a good thing XD
Old 2012-08-09, 01:56   Link #35311
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Now I'm getting gundam vibes :|

Aw heck, gundam's always a good thing XD
Thing is, there's barely any reason for the unit to be specialized in either drone combat or anti-IS since none of the two has ever made a negative impact on Minerva's development such that the machines would need to be built solely to destroy them.

EDIT: Draft synopsis of the re-write;
Quote:
In the wake of the recent mysterious IS drone's attack on the IS Academy, various nations of the world question the integrity of each other's military forces, leading to political unrest and tension which grew worse with the advent of a different lineage of non-IS humanoid drones.

Praxidike, a secretive non-govermental organisation secretly deploys "Minerva", a general-purpose powered battle-armor, to curb attacks that will lead to futher political disarray. One of which involves the eradication of the source of the unknown drones.

Unaffected by the limitations of the Alaska Treaty, the Minerva is developed as a general-purpose war machine fit for various real combat scenarios. The pilot, the 16-year-old Inami Arisawa, would utilize the Minerva's potential to bring forth Praxidike's agenda to prevent a worldwide anti-IS movement.

Little did he know, that the terrorists are much closer to him than he would realise...

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-08-09 at 02:22.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 02:20   Link #35312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: I feel like you should just rip a page from Shin Megami Tensei... :|
Old 2012-08-09, 02:31   Link #35313
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
@age: I feel like you should just rip a page from Shin Megami Tensei... :|
Good idea!
=

Nah, just joking.

Current plan version 2:
I think I will go Stratosphere's route:

Male OC has little to do with ISA (too busy dealing with abnormal crap).

Merge female OC with Shion (Shion take over the role of dealing with daily crap.... she is already dealing with bullies anyway).
Old 2012-08-09, 02:37   Link #35314
Eratas123

New Fic idea: This is war!

After some research gathering, Laura finds that Ichika spends the least amount of time with her compared to everyone else. Maybe it's because of Houki's tsundere-ness, Cecilia's nobility, Rin's Yandere-ness, or Charlotte's niceness, but the facts are there. As such, Laura must take proper measures to ensure her wife stays hers.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:42   Link #35315
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I thought it was Cecilia and Rin that got shafted the most?

Though if you think about it, they all still have their moments, despite the cast getting larger.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:45   Link #35316
Eratas123

I know that, but it's Laura who has the most resources, paranoia, and cluelessness that will make the story an epic fail to behold

Side note - Who would be more shocking as Ichika's girlfriend: Kanzashi or Madoka?
Old 2012-08-09, 02:47   Link #35317
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Tabane....

Seriously. If you are talking about least expected.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:49   Link #35318
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'll put money on the least likely to be Ichika's girlfriend on that teacher Houki referred to as unlucky in love.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:50   Link #35319
HasuMasu
*Artist

Least expected? I'm going to get killed for saying this but...Cecilia.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:54   Link #35320
Eratas123

Other than the main five, any if the adults, or a dude.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest