AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 30 36.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-02, 18:23   Link #121
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ and in the other corner we will have suzaku and yuffie

i will puke if it turns into a GS parody
Not to mention that in GSD, Durandal made comparisons between his ever-present chess pieces and his main opponents - Lacus (the White Queen) and Kira (the white king/knight, I guess). XP
Honestly, Death Note and Gundam SEED are to Code Geass what oil is to water - there are (be they remote or deep) similarities between their nature, features and properties but the likenesses end there. No need racking your brains trying to find a pattern or a trend to feed on there. Yeah, Light and Lelouch might be comparable to each other but they have different motivations, flaws and qualities. And they vie for different things although there is an apparent similarity lying about. Period.

But we're talking about different shows here. Different themes, different characters, different purposes. Period again. Brutal end of the equation-wannabe.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-02 at 18:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 22:53   Link #122
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

I have to hand it to Zero that was pretty damn slick not only did he find Corninelas weakness but he also managed to make his knew Knight Order "The order of the black knights" look like the heros.

This was a very smart move if you cant beat your enemy with fire power than out wit them. By saying that the Black Knights are friends of those without weapons weather they be Britannan or !!'s he is aiming to pull public support and the other reistence groups together. Corniela now has her hands tied she can treat him Zero as she did before because he saved the hostages. Lulu also knows that the Britannans will oppress the people again which will give him the reason to kill them like he said if you oppress the weak we will be there. Lulu was dangerous before but now that he has a organized group he will be even more so. The only way for Britanna to save face now is to find a way to discredit The Order of the Black Knights which wont be easy.

Bravo Bravo I love characters who actually use their brain every now and then instead of using force all the damn time
Old 2006-12-02, 22:57   Link #123
division
x/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
I was quite surprised to see Lelouch give up something about his identity during his conversation, but after a while it seemed reasonable. Even if he disguises himself there's no way he's not giving hints as to who he might be, with that character of his. Showing off to Ougi and Karen in the trailer was classic.
What specifically are you talking about? I didn't notice anything specific which would lead one to Lelouche... Are you talking about his acquiring the new base as identifying him as a noble? At first during this ep when he had his confrontation with Cornelia when he said "It's nice to see you haven't changed", I had thought he said that outloud and my jaw dropped. But forunately he has more sense than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
What I find interesting is the development of Shirley x Suzaku plot thread here. Girls do not ask guys to go out with them unless she's interested in them.

Could it be the start of triangle..Yuffie, Shirley and Suzaku?
I got the impression that it was just a student council trip... Suzaku = Student Council Member therefore: obviously going to be invited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
I think Lelouch may have casted a long term Geass on Euphemia, like the one with the cross drawing girl. She will behave normally until Lelouch sends a trigger, like seeing Zero saying "Apple" on TV.
I'm more inclined to believe that he may have just used his natural cunning to trick/guide her into a line of events without expending his opportunity to use the Geass. Although it doesn't seem that he's particularly restrained about using it... even though everyone he uses it on becomes a liability, and having the maid watching over Nanaly be one of them seems dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Somehow I get the impression that Lelouch himself isn't taking the melodramatic "order of the black knights" really seriously. I'd say it's more of a propaganda trick/way of pleasing the masses than a serious "secret organization".
I agree, I really got the feeling that the show was for the public. I don't think he doesn't believe in the things he said... I just also don't think he really has a need to be a super hero beyond the public support garnered from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Anyway, since when did everything in anime have to make sense?
A fair enough point, but PLEASE, tell me how blowing up the hotel saves the hostages!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
anyone else think suzuko (or watever the hell his name is) looked a little to angry at zero, considering he was fighting for innocent people (when zero was making his speach about protecting them, suzuko looked rly pissed)? hell they should be secret allies
Yeah, I saw that too. I guessed that it's a result of his division not really receiving much information about what was going on, so when Suzaku sees Zero there, he only assumes that Zero is responsible for the hostage situation? Or maybe he just dislikes him :P Suzaku seems to be driven more by his feelings than logic.

Edit: I was thinking of a different part-- I was thinking of when he saw Zero through the window. No idea why he's growling like that in that clip. Maybe because Lelouche is glorifying the fact that he killed Clovis, and Suzaku doesn't care about his excuses?

Edit-2: Also, everyone else commented on it, so not just for the sake of being different, I rather like the new uniforms. They remind me of the cut of the second suits used by the Babylon 5 command crew. Although, I do give you, the visors are pretty ghetto.
division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 10:14   Link #124
Forever
Revealing the truth

Well sinking the hotel will certainly disorientate everyone in that, something like throwing tear gas, then corneila's troop will rush in and kill all the terrorists from the outside and save the hostages

No way u can keep balance in a sinking building unless u r some kungfu expert.
Old 2006-12-03, 14:41   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well sinking the hotel will certainly disorientate everyone in that, something like throwing tear gas, then corneila's troop will rush in and kill all the terrorists from the outside and save the hostages

No way u can keep balance in a sinking building unless u r some kungfu expert.
I think we are not talking about the sinking of the hotel... We are talking about the blowing up of the hotel.

What Cornelia does made sense in terms of rescue, but what Lelouch did with the explosives had no relations with rescuing anyone.
Old 2006-12-03, 15:13   Link #126
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think its kinda dumb that they intended to try and rescue the hostages by sinking the building in the first place...what is there to stop them from killing the hostages anyway? and being provoked like that they would be thinking a double kill is better than a one way defeat...kill all the hostages then commit seppuku id say

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 15:59   Link #127
division
x/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i think its kinda dumb that they intended to try and rescue the hostages by sinking the building in the first place...what is there to stop them from killing the hostages anyway? and being provoked like that they would be thinking a double kill is better than a one way defeat...kill all the hostages then commit seppuku id say
Yeah, this was the part that got me. I figured the explosions from Zero&Co was part of their role as the heroic rescuers (omg there's an explosion, is everyone dead? oh phew, no, they were saved by Zero!) so I didn't think much of it.

I'm not a fan of the "sinking the hotel would create havoc and allow an opportunity for rescue" explanation of blowing up (sinking) the hotel. Their nearest troops are about, what, a quarter mile away? To do this as a "last chance opportunity to save the hostages" (paraphrased) seems to, in my mind, actually have no chance of keeping the hostages alive...
Old 2006-12-03, 16:54   Link #128
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
Quote:
I'm not a fan of the "sinking the hotel would create havoc and allow an opportunity for rescue" explanation of blowing up (sinking) the hotel. Their nearest troops are about, what, a quarter mile away? To do this as a "last chance opportunity to save the hostages" (paraphrased) seems to, in my mind, actually have no chance of keeping the hostages alive...
Well Deathkillz/Division, I honestly thought that the plan of Cornelia was "sink the hotel", go herself and her group in the Knightmares to rescue ONLY Euphemia during the havoc/confusion, let Zero/JLF/hostage die, and blame it to Zero/JLF in the end.

Personally that will make more sense if they only had 8 minutes max.
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:27   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well it isnt exactally realistic rescuing by punching a giant hole through the building and just grabbing yuffie...it wont work pratically...and still the plan doesnt guarantee 100% that yuffie would be safe (which was cornelia's aim)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 18:08   Link #130
division
x/0

Oh yeah, and by the way, did anyone else go "OMG Euphemia is [Superman/Clark Kent]" when she took off the glasses to reveal her secret identity, or was it just me?
Old 2006-12-04, 21:46   Link #131
JediNight
キズランダム

I have to say that this was an excellent episode. Lelouche correctly realizes that mere terrorism of course won't defeat Britannia, because you only have a small amount of the population on your side.

By taking the middle road and saving everyone innocent regardless of if they are Brittanians or 11s (even Euphemia who is part of the Royalty but hasn't done anything wrong) he puts himself into the position of being liked by all the "11s" AND finding probable sympathy from Brittanians.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 23:41   Link #132
division
x/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
By taking the middle road and saving everyone innocent regardless of if they are Brittanians or 11s (even Euphemia who is part of the Royalty but hasn't done anything wrong) he puts himself into the position of being liked by all the "11s" AND finding probable sympathy from Brittanians.
Speaking of which, I was a bit dissapointed when he used the term Elevens rather than Japanese in his speech, can't imagine Kallen was too fond of the choice of words either.
Old 2006-12-06, 14:34   Link #133
Bloodseeker

This show's been "good" so far, but this episode was great. I'm interested to see how Lelouche develops... when he has Corneliia cornered, I wonder if he'll punish her for her crimes or remember that she has people that she cares about and people that care about her and show mercy. I like Cornellia, but I kind of hope that he executes her... protagonists that put the threat of letting brilliant and prideful opponents that could come back to bite them if left alone live over "doing the right thing" and letting them go regardless of how badly it could end up costing them and their friends and allies later are too rare.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-12-06 at 15:01.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 15:31   Link #134
LS Eden
Eternal Scourge

Send a message via ICQ to LS Eden Send a message via MSN to LS Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
League of Black Knights?

I'm sorry, but that's just too stupid for me to even laugh at...and the way they look doesn't help either...guess every series has to have it's not-so-good points.
Well... okay, I laughed about it too, but it doesn't make the anime worse.
And I think we might get used to it. (AND Lelouch needed to cloth them at least a bit like his Zero-dress )

About the Episode itself: I really, really enjoyed it, but I'm sure soon I'll be kind of confused of who has been geass-ed who hasn't.
LS Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 19:20   Link #135
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Eden View Post
Well... okay, I laughed about it too, but it doesn't make the anime worse.
And I think we might get used to it. (AND Lelouch needed to cloth them at least a bit like his Zero-dress )
Well, watching that makes me feel like I'm watching Batman or the Justice League. Not that those are bad shows...but the over-theatricality is just really, really corny here.
Old 2006-12-08, 19:46   Link #136
LS Eden
Eternal Scourge

Send a message via ICQ to LS Eden Send a message via MSN to LS Eden
It's perfectly represents Lelouch, doesn't it?
Cornelia said it: He likes to show off.
LS Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 03:50   Link #137
Pakxenon
popcorn

Code Geass =! Death Note. CODE GEASS =! KIDDY GRADE (stuck on ep22).

I loved the publicity stunt at the end. Suzaku is useless in this episode (hurray! I hate his guts). Lelouch is made of win. I wonder how they'll fair in the "saigar" tournament at 4chan... 9/10.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote