AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 15:16   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is anyone gentle enough to tell what is saying on the text next to each character?
Spoiler for size:

Maybe there is some plot-keys...
Marcus translated them a while back already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
For the "stage magician girl":

今回の新キャラクターの中でも、もっとも奇抜と思われるこの容姿。もっとも謎めいた印象を与えるのは彼女カ もしれない。赤いマントや、頭にちょこんとのったハットからは想像出来ないが、科学サイドの重要人物のよう で……。

Among the new characters, this character appears to have the most striking appearance. She gives the impression of someone really enigmatic. (Something about her red manteau and her slightly-tilted hat, dunno what it is), but seems to be something important to the Science Side...

For the "Kihara get-up look-alike":

全身に黒いスーツを悖った少女。その凛々しい顔立ちからは、規律と秩序を重んじる、生真面目さを感してしま う。手首には、何やら攻撃用のギミック装備のような者が。どのようにストーリーに関わってくるか、要注目だ 。

A girl who has her body covered in a black bodysuit. In her brave looks is a person who respects law and order and someone who takes things too seriously. On her wrists is a seemingly gimmicky accessory that appears to be used for attack. How she will be involved in the story will be something important.

一見、カジュアルに見えるこのキャラクター。彼女が今回のストーリーのキーパーソンの一人であるらしい。ス テイル曰くの、戦争を引き起こしかねないその『謎』とは一体……?

On first glance, she appears to be a completely casual character. This girl alone, however, is a key person to the story. According to Stiyl, she has caused a war due to something [mysterious] inside her body...?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 15:52   Link #282
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ A's?! I thought it's for the next month
nope, not a's. my bad it's the first movie when nanoha gets his first visit by magical creature guy
Old 2012-06-08, 16:33   Link #283
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Nice to see movie details being released. The new characters seems interesting. I wonder if they will make appearances in the main series.

Can't wait to see what abilities/skills/powers they have.
Old 2012-06-08, 21:10   Link #284
desrtsku
Nympholept

Meh, the girls are made in Kamachi.exe it's a given some of them will attract attentions ... the quality writing however leaves me perplex, how much did Kamachi participate in the actual thing ? 'cause I've got that strange super cliché work aftertaste when reading it. >.>
Old 2012-06-08, 21:33   Link #285
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Meh, the girls are made in Kamachi.exe it's a given some of them will attract attentions ... the quality writing however leaves me perplex, how much did Kamachi participate in the actual thing ? 'cause I've got that strange super cliché work aftertaste when reading it. >.>

You do know you just read a synopsis right?
Old 2012-06-08, 22:08   Link #286
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ is it that bad to be pessimistic from time to time? I'm sort of desperate here, you know (don't take it seriously ... I'm just trying to find whatever reason to diss Yoshino)

mah should have edited that into the quality of the writing when I had the time
Old 2012-06-08, 22:31   Link #287
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ If "from time to time" means "every single time a piece of media related to Index is released after what happened with NT3", then no.

NT4 proves that judging an entire volume of a light novels on a synopsis doesn't do it justice.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 22:57   Link #288
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Actually it's "every single time a piece of media related to Yoshino Hiroyuki (yes, I hate this guy like I hate broccoli) is released after what happened with Guilty crown". I have faith in Kamachi, not all the guys who work with him (I never badmouthed NT3 or NT4 on their synopsis BTW)
Old 2012-06-09, 00:32   Link #289
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Take note that he is also in charge of the series composition for Macross Frontier. And besides, it's not like Kamachi, who is in charge of the original story, would not check the script Yoshino had prepared. There's also Nishikiori, who has attempted to guide the very content-filled second season.

I think I'll be leaving the worrying to the day where I watch the movie.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:01   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

I think I'll be leaving the worrying to the day where I watch the movie.
You probably don't have to wait that long- spoilers would still arrive on schedule.

And you know how we all take these spoilers like gospels.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:31   Link #291
TJR

Quote:
According to the ANN article, Kamachi wrote dozens of pages detailing the setting, new characters, and story (complete with sample dialogue for the scenes). He's explicitly credited for story planning and composition (that's the lead writing position), which is a much more involved role than on Railgun.

Yoshino's job is to convert that material into an anime movie script.

At any rate, coming up with supplementary stories that fall outside the main plan/vision is always harder, which may be why the movie concept might seem extraneous.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:30   Link #292
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ That's more digestible and reassuring, but I'll still put my expectations very low anyway just in case
Old 2012-06-09, 10:31   Link #293
Miraluka
Banned

Some blogs says the first PV will be released at the end of November or September.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 23:28   Link #294
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Some blogs says the first PV will be released at the end of November or September.
Lets hope so!!! It will make a good B'day prezzie for me
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 04:51   Link #295
MasterVampire

2013?

noooooooooo
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:06   Link #296
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Calm down, it's not the end of the world (no sarcasm intended)
Old 2012-06-29, 03:30   Link #297
Destined_Fate

The longer this takes the longer the wait is for a season 3 if it gets made. Hopefully it will, if made, add more Misaka, season 2 was woefully short in that regard. Though not as bad as for Index, her name is in the title and she seemed to get pushed out of the way purposely. Not that I'm complaining too much since I found most of her scenes were cringe worthy except for a few.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:44   Link #298
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The longer this takes the longer the wait is for a season 3 if it gets made. Hopefully it will, if made, add more Misaka, season 2 was woefully short in that regard. Though not as bad as for Index, her name is in the title and she seemed to get pushed out of the way purposely. Not that I'm complaining too much since I found most of her scenes were cringe worthy except for a few.
From what I've read, the Light Novels themselves become more and more woefully short of Misaka as they go on.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:48   Link #299
Destined_Fate

That's a shame, maybe they're doing the whole "Time apart makes the heart grow fonder" or they got caught up trying to develop too many other people on the side since Misaka is pretty well developed as is. Still, a shame and would be a wasted opportunity if she doesn't get more time on the big screen. At least she's in the movie, I can't see Accelerator anywhere.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 05:31   Link #300
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's a shame, maybe they're doing the whole "Time apart makes the heart grow fonder" or they got caught up trying to develop too many other people on the side since Misaka is pretty well developed as is. Still, a shame and would be a wasted opportunity if she doesn't get more time on the big screen. At least she's in the movie, I can't see Accelerator anywhere.
The "Heroine" feel, gets shifted away from Mikoto and placed onto other girls even if it is to switch again.

Of course in out hearts Mikoto and Index are going to be the "main, main" heroines
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote