AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 67 60.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 22.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-27, 06:21   Link #21
Peanutbutter

Wonderful.

What this anime needs is a Hare Hare Yukai and this will go down in anime history as a potential classic of its genre.

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2008-11-27, 07:06   Link #22
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not going to use spoiler tags, so beware.

Really wonderful episode. I like this show more and more as we go on.

I saw more and more development between Ryuuji and Taiga. I think they did have similar dreams, and at the end they both realized they enjoy each other's company much more than the tension of being with the people they think they love. Taiga with her feet playing on Ryuuji's back gave a wonderful intimate feeling. The dog business is no problem for me, since it isn't really the essence of their relationship, just a surface thing.

I didn't catch everything she said, but my sense was that Minorin was letting Ryuuji down easy in their talk on the deck. They got closer in a way, but also further from being a couple. He asked if she had someone she loved, and she talked about whether or not they had seen a ghost. She said she believed in ghosts but hadn't seen one. That is, she didn't have someone she loved, but she kept waiting for her fated person to come along, and he hadn't. I'm sure I got some of that wrong, but I think that's the feeling.

Taiga is fast becoming one of my favorite anime characters ever. And Horie Yui is doing a great job with Minorin -- as great as her job with Yuuki in Vampire Knight isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
A bit fast-paced, but still a very nice episode

Some nice Ryuuji x Minorin moments and one nice Ryuuji x Taiga moment

They didn't explain the badminton match very well though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Quite a lot of metaphor from Minorin..... I got a bit lost in the lengthier moments but quite a lot of absolutely Taiga and Ryuuji moments.
More pending til Thanksgiving subsides...

1) Love Taiga's little hat and dress....
2) Did I say I liked Taiga's dress and sun hat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
.... ever since I first read Volume 4 Chapter 1 I've been waiting for Taiga's fight with the dog and they cut it? They even took out Ami's "Do Not Want". What the hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
There is only so much a 24 min episode can put in.

Furthermore what is significance of full badminton scene supposed to contribute to the story, seriously?
Excellent episode, there is a metaphor theme here, I could be wrong... but. Even though Ryuuji and Minorin was talking about that ghost topic, I was thinking about a poem that I did when I was in High School:

Love is like a ghost
People always talk about it
Only a few that actually seen it.

Ghost topic with Ryuuji was very interesting with the character development of Minorin, I have this feeling that she knows what Ryuuji is implying to her. Yet, she know that "his" real ghost (love) is actually Taiga, and she it letting him down easy. Well that the jest I got from that episode. Mirorin real ghost (love) is actually someone out there.

That one intimate moment where Taiga and Ryuuji spend time together before they went off to bed. It shows how far their relationship as gone to, unfortunately they still don't understand that subconsciously that they are acting more like a "married couple". I wonder it has to do with that dream. I got to read Vol4 to find out.

Overall 10/10

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-11-27 at 07:18. Reason: rating 10/10
Old 2008-11-27, 07:29   Link #23
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
There is only so much a 24 min episode can put in.

Furthermore what is significance of full badminton scene supposed to contribute to the story, seriously?
It was really really funny.
Old 2008-11-27, 07:43   Link #24
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Wonderful.

That Taiga feet rubbing on Ryuuji was definitely very heartwarming. They may not realise it, or at least Ryuuji dun, but they're really acting like a couple deep in love to the extent that they are really so comfortable with each other, chatting with the other without any inhibitions. Even real life couples seldom reach that stage, I think.

[/spoiler]
When a couple reach a stage that they are truly comfortable, and they are themselves without any worries and criticism, they act/behave/react more intimate then the average boy/girlfriend relationship. In his episode, Ryuuji and Taiga are behaving more then a boy/girlfriend relation, its more deeper, the way married couples behaves. Its funny though, because it seems they are not aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
It was really really funny.
Gosh... I really need to read Vol4 ^^
I still don't get how Ryuuji lost to Taiga, but I guess it's a perk to get readers to read the Lightnovels, which I think its very sneaky but sweet
Old 2008-11-27, 07:44   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-11-27, 11:07   Link #26
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Excellent episode, if even Darknemo likes it, then it has to be very good. I never knew volume 4 can be adapted so well, I think I enjoyed watching this animated more than reading the original.

Anime using real-life locations as backgrounds is common, but this episode's use of Shinjuku Station in Tokyo gives me a particularly special feeling mainly because I happen to be there many times just a few weeks ago - my hotel was located in Shinjuku, so I had to use that station often.

+ points:

- Kept the wrestling match between Taiga and the big doggy, albeit only for a while, but enough to convey that Taiga lost the badminton match.

- Kitamura and Minorin's show their combined eccentricity skill: Thousand-Hand Buddha greeting. They even dragged poor Ryuji and Taiga into it. Ami was right to pretend not to know them. lol

- As everyone can't wait to play on the beach, Ryuji's obsession with cleanliness got the better of him. xD

- Ami fooling around with Ryuji's innocence in the shower. (For some reason, Ami grabbing Ryuji's hand reminded me of that scene of Kallen grabbing Lelouche's hand in Code Geass. ) Man, he looks so hilariously pathetic when he went sobbing to Taiga about it.

- And when Taiga tries to expose her, she ends up getting shocked at Ami's well-endowed assets instead.

- Kitamura reveals the shameless exhibitionist that he really is. And Minorin revealing herself to be a perverted voyeur. (LOL at Ryuji saying what Minori thought was "black feathers" was actually the spirit of "seaweeds")

- Taiga looked gorgeous in her ponytail

- The all important ghosts-romance comparison dialogue in its entirety, the first of many Ryuji and Minorin moments, followed by Taiga and Ryuji cuddled comfortably together, and wondering why they're so nervous with their crushes, but so relaxed with each other.

Hocchan is brilliant as Minorin, casting her was definitely a great decision on the producers' part.
Old 2008-11-27, 13:54   Link #27
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Not much to say(busy T_T), I loved the naked Kitamura scene, and the development was really good all around.
Old 2008-11-27, 14:41   Link #28
Tiran86

Great episode. My only disapointment is that they couldn't fit in Taiga vs the dog and they left out Kitamura walking in on Taiga and Ryuuji planning to scare Minori some more. Both minor complaints, the episode was still as great as the series usually is, and the two most important scenes were done well.

9/10. Now the anime is caught up to the novel translations and B-T hasn't updated in the past few days, so whatever happens next week may be a total surprise for me. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2008-11-27, 15:10   Link #29
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
- Taiga looked gorgeous in her ponytail
Have to agree with you here, she looks great with her hair in a ponytail =D

I like Shana best with her hair in a ponytail as well...maybe I just like girls best with their hair in a ponytail
Old 2008-11-27, 15:16   Link #30
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Spoiler for Ryuuji's speech:
Old 2008-11-27, 15:45   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What scares me more about the whole 'Yuusaku naked' scene was his reason for actually walking out naked.
Old 2008-11-27, 16:27   Link #32
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
maybe I just like girls best with their hair in a ponytail
Kyon, is that you? Lol.

Anyways, I do agree - Taiga looked really good in that.
Old 2008-11-27, 16:35   Link #33
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man the part where Taiga puts her feet on the back of Ryuji's head and then down to his back and starts rubbing him absolutely destroyed me. That type of body language is a giant checkered flag and it had me reeling that she was totally just talking him and doing it without even thinking about it. God I love the chemistry between them sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

God this show is fantastic.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-11-27, 16:37   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

One point Minorin, three points Taiga. Despite the episode seemingly for Minorin's cause, they really just have to drop clues the size of anvils in Taiga's case. I mean, the dream scene (wow, Freud would've have a field day with that), the scene where Taiga understood Ryuuji's explanation of the bath incident (to humorous effect to boot), and the late night talk? There really should be no wonder where they're heading with this stuff in the end. It might not be this season, but eventually.

And wow, I aboslutely loved the scene in the beach with Yuusaku and Ami; that slow smile in the end there was just the perfect touch. I mean, Ami is a lot of things good and bad, but being perceptive is one of them. She figured out who Taiga and Ryuuji were pursuing rather easily, so it should be no wonder if she'd figure out Yuusaku's (of which before it's been implied it's the student council prez). Maybe the reason why she's so outgoing with Ryuuji is because she knows she can't get Yuusaku as of right now? That instead of being the lovelorn childhood friend, she turns the cliche on its ear and tries to seek other guys in the meantime? Really does make her a very interesting character, if that is the case.

All in all, best episode of Toradora this entire season. Personally, the usual comedy is just minorly amusing, and so development in the romance front is something I've been waiting for. And I got it this episode, and hopefully they do the same for the rest of the cour.
Old 2008-11-27, 17:02   Link #35
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

This episode was awesome. I really can't pick a favorite character out of the five of them now, probably because of the surprisingly large amounts of chemistry present within the whole group in addition to the nuanced character development for almost all of them, with the exception of Kitamura of course. Though, I have a feeling he won't be quite left out.. or at least that's what I'm hoping for. (Haven't read the novels yet! :X)

It's progressed to a stage where the relationships and characters get more complex. There's something interesting about every one of them that draws me back to the show, and I guess contributes to the wonderful group dynamics. I'm soooo lovin' this anime right now. It's a bit early to say but I have high hopes for it being the shining beacon of light of its genre.

Anyway, this episode's my favorite one so far. I love how everyone made significant/crucial progress/character development, and yet at the same time managed to be one of the funniest episode in the series. Random Minorin + Taiga's shower encounter ("HEY! BAKA CHI!") + Kitamura naked + Ami-chan = HILARITY = lots of LOLs.

The metaphoric conversation between Minorin and Ryuuji was pure gold as well. It hints at so many relationships and to me at least, throws the field wide open for everyone. Although it's obvious that Taiga and Ryuuji are destined to be together (and most probably will be at the end of the anime), how they get there is what makes it interesting. Suddenly, it's not just about the two of them anymore -- it's about 5 (weird.. or 'out of the norm') people and what happens between them, ie. friendship, love, camaraderie, etc.

In short, definitely 10/10. Anxiously anticipating the next episode! It's been consistent so far and I hope it stays that way.
Old 2008-11-27, 17:49   Link #36
Reaper-flora
Guard of the dream forest

omg i laught so hard with this ep, most funny yet cant wait till next week
Old 2008-11-27, 19:33   Link #37
Traece
:cool:

This was truly the funniest episode of any anime I've seen in a very long time. There was just such randomness and such comedy it's hard not to love it.

The series, as a whole, is really one of the best I've ever seen altogether.

Plus, there's an increasing amount of romantic occurrences with this most recent episode being at the top of the chart easily. Especially between Ryuuji and Taiga. There's really not much room for doubting that they'll end up as a pair.

That is unless the Manga somehow did a BS-180 and slapped everybody in the face for being smart enough to know that's how it should work out.
Old 2008-11-27, 19:40   Link #38
yjs

Toradora, show of the season! An excellent episode.
Old 2008-11-27, 20:17   Link #39
velkito

To me, that was the best episode so far. I kept laughing out loud for the first 15 minutes.

Spoiler for fun stuff in this ep:

Best of all, all the comedy was deftly mixed with character development, leaving the best part of it for the end, to give the episode a slighly more serious feeling than that of a silly random comedy show!

Quote:
In his episode, Ryuuji and Taiga are behaving more then a boy/girlfriend relation, its more deeper, the way married couples behaves
Sometimes such couples remain friends, the type of friends everyone would wnat to have at least one of.

I think Ami will keep teasing and trying to gain Ryuuji for her, just to prove how good her charms are.

Last edited by velkito; 2008-11-27 at 20:19. Reason: adding spoiler tag
Old 2008-11-27, 20:43   Link #40
kittybear

Man takasu's face while cleaning was priceless lol
Closed Thread