AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 15.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 25.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 32.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 16.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-22, 13:25   Link #201
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Wait, if Battler honestly doesn't believe in magic, exactly how does he think he's in his current situation? (Observing some kind of "second playthrough", seeing the colour of people's words etc).
There's a difference between believing in an afterlife and believing magic exists in the real world. I'm pretty sure Battler believes himself to be dead and in some sort of afterlife. As such, different rules can apply there. There's no reason to believe that sort of weird stuff can't exist in the afterlife even though it is absent from the living world. Similarly, there's no reason to believe such things exist in the living world just because they exist in the afterlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Seeing the fight between Kanon and the "furnitures" and the apparition of those two "stakes" Asmodeus and Satan, I really can't help but think that Beatrice is really a witch.
What fight? I don't see any evidence of a fight having taken place. Sure, Jessica is dead, but she was stabbed in the back. She was probably taken by surprise. And how does the presence of some occult stake in her back prove the existence of a witch? It was probably the doing of some occult enthusiast who wanted to make everyone believe in a witch.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:41   Link #202
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
Oh, the english translations of the red text are posted? Hm, well, here are the japanese texts taken straight from the show, I haven't seen it posted yet so it might be helpful to the anime viewers to have them.
I have already added the original japanese, and even the japanese used for the original red statements from the game.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:48   Link #203
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post

礼拝堂の扉は、礼拝堂の鍵以外では施錠も解錠も不可能!
(reihaidou no tobira ha, reihaidou no kagi igai de ha sejyou mo kaijyou mo fukanou!)
So in the end there really is a major difference between this red truth and the one shown in the novel:

礼拝堂の施錠は礼拝堂の鍵以外では開錠不可能

basically they are identical except for one thing: the novel's red truth only mention "unlocking" while the anime's also says "locking".

This is quite relevant considering the main problem here is not how the chapel was unlocked, but how was locked. In fact, even if Beatrice gave the key to Maria as she said, she could have opened the door right before that. And therefore the problem of how the adults entered the chapel is really easy to explain.

Now some people have speculated that a mechanism exist to lock to door without the key, similarly to the autolock that was shown in Kinzo's room. However with this addition in the anime, such an explanation cannot stand anymore.

Old 2009-08-22, 14:05   Link #204
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Different order of people dying...different place where the corpses were put...and a different way they were killed...I felt like I knew this was going to happen ever since the end of episode 5 and that nice bit of extra focus on Rosa the previous episode. Well this is definitely gonna make things more complicated to grasp and understand but that makes it more interesting for me. Don't know what the hell that whole deal was with the fights but it sure was entertaining enough to watch.

And everytime I hear that laugh from Maria, I just want to RAGE! but maybe that's the whole point of it
Old 2009-08-22, 14:44   Link #205
IfritTower
Just furniture

I thought the fight scene was really well done, but the Halloween party wasn't as horrifying as I imagined it. The red was done exactly as I thought they would and generally good. An 8/10 from me.
Old 2009-08-22, 14:55   Link #206
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Underwhelming episode, IMO. The discovery of the "Happy Halloween" slaughter scene totally lacked atmosphere and punched and was more or less your average murder in the anime, with terrible cencorship to boot. The goats were, I don't know, too real, if that makes sense. In the game they are just silhouettes, hear they are some weregoats. They were almost scary, though, unlike Beatrice's ridiculous voice and Maria's faces, so I give them points for that. The red text was presented nicely.

Quote:
There were some points where it looked like a freaking ball room Lazy lazy animating.
Yes, when Kanon jumped to strike the first goat, he looked like he was 20 metres high into the air or something, it was hilarious.

Old 2009-08-22, 19:37   Link #207
Dear Aerith
The Long Goodbye

I really liked the scene between Kanon and Jeshika.
Old 2009-08-22, 23:14   Link #208
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Exploitable.

I was going to complain about a certain demon's voice, but the explanation that they want to make them more unique is good for me, so I consider this a good chapter.
Old 2009-08-23, 08:39   Link #209
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

My the part were kannon was reaching out for Jessica was soooo bitter-sweet TT___TT I actually used to like beatrice but after that touching sad scene then seeing her laugh at them really made me think she truly is an evil witch.
Old 2009-08-23, 12:54   Link #210
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I wonder why is Maria sittng that close to the screen. At that distance you're not watching the show but listening to it imo. Hmm... could she already be showing the effects of poisoning (blurred vision)?
Old 2009-08-23, 14:14   Link #211
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Or maybe she is close because the adult are talking loud and that she can't hear her show anymore (It offen happen to me as well =p)
Old 2009-08-23, 14:29   Link #212
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wonder why is Maria sittng that close to the screen. At that distance you're not watching the show but listening to it imo. Hmm... could she already be showing the effects of poisoning (blurred vision)?
Perspective fail?
Old 2009-08-24, 07:04   Link #213
y0shi

This is copied from the Red Truth Thread:

Spoiler:

On the red truth thread it says that this wasnt in the episode but isnt that basically the same as 2,50-3.30? Battelr says that Beatrice should repeat that no one was able to touch the key after maria obtained it, and she looks kinda shocked and doesnt repeat it.

Isnt this the same?
Old 2009-08-24, 07:18   Link #214
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For completion sake, I've put every lines so people can see if there is any subtle change or not.
The thing is that Battler's line in the game wouldn't make sense with so many shortcut. The way it was done by battler in the anime has roughly the same meaning, but the reasoning isn't as far as he did in the game.
Old 2009-08-24, 07:27   Link #215
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I also assume that Ryukishi probably had direct control on Red Text presentation and wording in the series. That said I surmise he also had direct control which Red Text the series will show and which he will not.

This in turn leads me to believe that he has a different idea on those that never saw the light of day. This raises questions on how important the omitted Red Text is compared to what made it in, since I think in an interview with him he mentioed he was trying to make distinctions between actual clues and red-herrings for the anime.
Old 2009-08-24, 09:44   Link #216
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I actually like how the game is going so far. Whenever Baterice presents Battler with a new scenario i pause the episode and me myself trying to figure out how a human could have committed the murders. However Beatrice is making the rules of the game slightly harder now i feel as it winds down the loops holes will close and Battler will be forced to directly confront Beatrice not with just intellect. I think its going to take more than just a keen mind to beat this witch. Also depending on exactly where Battler is the rules may be different.

Is he in some sort of purgatory or another dimension. Admitting that he might be dead or that he is another plan existence doesn't mean he acknowledges magic or witches exist. It just means he acknowledges there is something else it doesnt have to be magic. Knowing your surrounding and how the rules of whatever world you happen to be in gives you a fighting chance. Meta Battler has a few ways to trip up Beatrice most important watch for distractions with words. Iv notice that how she phrases certain things is not always the real meaning.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:32   Link #217
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I actually like how the game is going so far. Whenever Baterice presents Battler with a new scenario i pause the episode and me myself trying to figure out how a human could have committed the murders. However Beatrice is making the rules of the game slightly harder now i feel as it winds down the loops holes will close and Battler will be forced to directly confront Beatrice not with just intellect. I think its going to take more than just a keen mind to beat this witch. Also depending on exactly where Battler is the rules may be different.

Is he in some sort of purgatory or another dimension. Admitting that he might be dead or that he is another plan existence doesn't mean he acknowledges magic or witches exist. It just means he acknowledges there is something else it doesnt have to be magic. Knowing your surrounding and how the rules of whatever world you happen to be in gives you a fighting chance. Meta Battler has a few ways to trip up Beatrice most important watch for distractions with words. Iv notice that how she phrases certain things is not always the real meaning.
Specifically, the place is called Purgatorio. No one actually knows whether he's dead or alive, but he IS there. As for Beatrice, the best non-spoiler I can tell you is that in the same way that other VN players have suggested that it is good to question what the anime is showing, do likewise for what you read and hear.

Except maybe the red text, but that's sort a very different and very difficult issue altogether and I don't have enough gray matter right now to tackle that.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:41   Link #218
MarthX

The official anime site calls it meta world.

Originally a fan term.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:58   Link #219
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well Purgatorio and MetaWorld are essentially the same, but I use MetaWorld myself anyway so it's your choice.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:55   Link #220
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Specifically, the place is called Purgatorio. No one actually knows whether he's dead or alive, but he IS there. As for Beatrice, the best non-spoiler I can tell you is that in the same way that other VN players have suggested that it is good to question what the anime is showing, do likewise for what you read and hear.

Except maybe the red text, but that's sort a very different and very difficult issue altogether and I don't have enough gray matter right now to tackle that.
I so dont trust that red text. I mean you can change how you word something to make it sound different and Beatrice is no slouch.