AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-16, 22:39   Link #1501
Iron Maw
Banned

Current Polls:

Quote:
PPP:Colorado voters give Obama a 48/44 victory in the debate- more importantly 58/36 among independents. Sample is R+3
Quote:
CNN poll calling it 46-39 for Bams

and 33% Dem/33% GOP
Old 2012-10-16, 22:40   Link #1502
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Yep, that "Binder full of women" and Libya question is going to haunt Romney for a while. Obama has to take opportunities to pounce when Romney makes mistakes like that. But seriously, I think everybody knows who they are going to be voting for. So having another debate is pointless right now.
Old 2012-10-16, 22:42   Link #1503
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Y'know, it's comments like that .. that get people all angst-y. On either side. I'm Canadian and I hereby declare you are ALL pushy!
Sorry, that was uncalled for on my part; there's only one person in this thread that I would consider to be pushy, otherwise you're all decent folks.

PS. Canada is the best country in the world. Real talk.
Old 2012-10-16, 22:50   Link #1504
Iron Maw
Banned

So, according to CNN undecided are still undecided even after this debate and late into the election:
Quote:
CNN Undecideds

14 Obama
6 Romney
15 Undecided
Old 2012-10-16, 23:01   Link #1505
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

At some point, you have to assume "undecideds" are willfully ignorant or they mistakenly think they're being "careful in deciding". There are mountains of data to decide one way or another. I'm betting they're better informed on who they voted for on America's Got Talent.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:03   Link #1506
Alchemist007
*Author

I remember Family Guy talking about how undecideds are the stupidest people on the planet

Debate reminded me of this vid:

Spoiler for youtube:

Oh here's the Binders full of women:

Spoiler for Binders? Yes, full ones:
Old 2012-10-16, 23:07   Link #1507
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Y'know, it's comments like that .. that get people all angst-y. On either side. I'm Canadian and I hereby declare you are ALL pushy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
At some point, you have to assume "undecideds" are willfully ignorant or they mistakenly think they're being "careful in deciding". There are mountains of data to decide one way or another. I'm betting they're better informed on who they voted for on America's Got Talent.
My guess is that part of the problem is that there's too much information, contradictory information from a million different sources who all claim to have the real story. I personally find it hard to blame them for feeling paralyzed.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:07   Link #1508
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So, according to CNN undecided are still undecided even after this debate and late into the election:

Honestly, the number of undecided does not surprise me after this debate. Romney and Obama were very equal throughout, and while I would score Obama higher on some of the more urgent issues, Romney did a damn fine job of calling Obama's record into question. (Of course, this is just based onthe debate, having any outside info should instantly sway your opinion.)
Old 2012-10-16, 23:10   Link #1509
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some of the "undecided" are probably of the mind that "nether option is valid. Give me something else".
Old 2012-10-16, 23:11   Link #1510
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Some of the "undecided" are probably of the mind that "nether option is valid. Give me something else".
Can we elect Fishnet Girl?
Old 2012-10-16, 23:14   Link #1511
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That 'someone else' is not going to magically appear at the end of these debates.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:14   Link #1512
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Sorry, that was uncalled for on my part; there's only one person in this thread that I would consider to be pushy, otherwise you're all decent folks.

PS. Canada is the best country in the world. Real talk.
It's only fun to push someone when they're on the edge of something. Like a cliff, or a curb, or sanity.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:17   Link #1513
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's only fun to push someone when they're on the edge of something. Like a cliff, or a curb, or sanity.
Hmm...

*tilts head*

It will take me many hours to decrypt the meaning of this post.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:18   Link #1514
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Binders full of women...

I'm not sure my female friends would like to hear someone classifying them as equivalent to sheets of paper.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:22   Link #1515
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Binders full of women...

I'm not sure my female friends would like to hear someone classifying them as equivalent to sheets of paper.
He wasn't... I don't think anyone who watched the debate would take it that way. I think it's important to treat both candidates fairly and not just pin fault on your opponent every chance you get; I didn't blame Obama for the 'You didn't build it' or 'bump in the road' remarks, because in context there was nothing wrong with either one and I knew that he didn't deserve to be unfairly lashed out at.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:22   Link #1516
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Hmm...

*tilts head*

It will take me many hours to decrypt the meaning of this post.
If they're not on edge, they'll turn around and push back.

The other way you can watch them fall and laugh like a maniac? Keep an eye on Solace!

Quote:
He wasn't... I don't think anyone who watched the debate would take it that way. I think it's important to treat both candidates fairly and not just pin fault on your opponent every chance you get; I didn't blame Obama for the 'You didn't build it' or 'bump in the road' remarks, because in context there was nothing wrong with either one and I knew that he didn't deserve to be unfairly lashed out at.
Well the FB page already has 160k+ likes...it's barely been a couple hours

https://www.facebook.com/romneybindersfullofwomen
Old 2012-10-16, 23:26   Link #1517
Dr. Casey

I didn't know Solace hated me. ;_;

Also, I just thought of a compromise: Romney and Obama can both be president, at the same time.

I just saved America.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:31   Link #1518
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm really going to suffer tomorrow, but I need to sneak in a comment before hitting the hay or I won't be able to go to sleep ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Obama won on the economy, women's rights, some on Libya, and energy. But, Romney won on job creation easily and somewhat taxes and had a great job generally debunking of Obama's record (note, Romney actually addressed his future plans, however stupid they may be, but Obama mentioned little to nothing about plans for the future). They both failed on the gun creation, Romney failed miserably on Libya. Still, this was a decent debate.
Agreed on that Romney actually had far better debate factually than his first one. His take on the job creation was soild and far better than Obama. And yet, I thought this format showed so clearly how much he struggles whenever he needs to address general audience. He was great in the previous because his sole focus was on the president. In this format, he had to address regular people and the way he slipped with comments such as "binders full of women" just reassert what the Obama camp machine has been spinning for months. To me Romney appeared out of his element, uncomfortable, and naturally struggles to connect with regular Joes.

Yes I agree that Romney held up his own pretty nicely, but that's all he did. As you and I keep pointing it out, substance has very little to do with anything in these type of televised debate. It's mostly about how a candidate and the incumbent appears to a 65+ million viewers who are tuning in. Despite the amount of outrageous things Romney said in the last one, his performance was hailed by everyone as "presidential." And despite how well he held up on his own against Obama in this debate, he may very well have lost all of his momentum, and may even see a downward trend from here on. The scary part for Romney campaign was that Obama could have done so much better in this debate. Obama improved, but not by much and yet he appeared (as stupid as it sounds) "presidential."

I'll try my best to log in sometime later tomorrow, so hopefully by then Solace will be finished submitting his own input. Here I come, bed.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:37   Link #1519
Dr. Casey

Yeah... I can understand disagreeing with Romney's politics (since I disagree with him on some issues myself; I am 100% in favor of gay marriage, and it's a sore point on my end that he is not), but I think the argument that he is socially clumsy or uncharming is completely without merit. I think he is a very likable, charming, engaging man.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:38   Link #1520
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Binders full of women...

I didn't get that. Rather, I was upset by Romney telling women they need to go home and make dinner...
Closed Thread