AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-27, 14:14   Link #1201
Horse

Um, only going to comment on Takanashi, but uh... his Precure works (including Fantasista Doll) are pretty damn generic. FAIRY TAIL and Narutow - very hit or miss past the first soundtracks I'd say.

So just hopefully it's not Precure tier like I said. Now if he got his SHI-KI and pre-Franchise mojo back... That could be interesting.
Old 2014-02-27, 17:02   Link #1202
VampirePaladin

I've been listening to some of the tracks from Fresh, Heartcatch, Suite and Smile and I don't see where you are getting a desire for Sailor Moon to not have Precure level music.
Change the World to Desert
The Dark Challenger
Warriors of Fate
Can't Stop the Heart Beat
Enter! The Mysterious Precure

I mean of course liking and disliking is considered subjective, but I really don't see how songs like these could be considered bad quality.
Old 2014-02-27, 22:08   Link #1203
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Um, only going to comment on Takanashi, but uh... his Precure works (including Fantasista Doll) are pretty damn generic. FAIRY TAIL and Narutow - very hit or miss past the first soundtracks I'd say.

So just hopefully it's not Precure tier like I said. Now if he got his SHI-KI and pre-Franchise mojo back... That could be interesting.
Uh
Quote:
adjective: generic
1. characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific.
Considering his work got a nickname ("Cure Metal") because it stood out that much I can't see how saying it's generic is anything but throwing a generic insult at something you don't particularly like. He's got his style for sure, it might not necessarily fit Sailor Moon, but we don't know what kind of Sailor Moon this new one is going to be, so as long as he's not phoning it in like in ZX Ignition, it's going to be at least appropriately hot-blooded.

I mean, come on. Internal War.

Producer tweeted the next piece of information we're getting sometime soon is a key visual.
Still worried about episode count here, but the staff is looking okay.
Old 2014-02-28, 01:31   Link #1204
Horse

Your point being? Takanashi's Precure soundtracks may have stood out from other Precures (why wouldnt they? loud gitaars/drumkits/synths every other track versus Naoki Sato's orchestra) but sure as heck did not among themselves or his other soundtracks. On the other hand, I guess someone could also say Sato's soundtracks sounded generic so I'll drop the subject. To each their own.

Edit: Also, "appropriately hot-blooded"? I don't know if I like how that sounds compared to my Sailor Moon experiences.

Last edited by Horse; 2014-02-28 at 01:55.
Old 2014-02-28, 06:02   Link #1205
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
I've been listening to some of the tracks from Fresh, Heartcatch, Suite and Smile and I don't see where you are getting a desire for Sailor Moon to not have Precure level music.
Change the World to Desert
The Dark Challenger
Warriors of Fate
Can't Stop the Heart Beat
Enter! The Mysterious Precure

I mean of course liking and disliking is considered subjective, but I really don't see how songs like these could be considered bad quality.
Because they don't resemble what you would hear in the original Sailor Moon anime, so people naturally complain.

And because people hate changes... how dare they make new music for a new anime?!?! Someone call the anime music cops.
Old 2014-02-28, 07:20   Link #1206
T-6000

As long as the music is any good and fits the tone & setting, I won't make much of a fuss over the music. I'm looking more forward to the "Key Visual Reveal" that was tweeted, but I wonder what was meant by that? Some screenshots and/or concept art, or maybe even a trailer? And I wonder exactly how "soon" we are talking here?
Old 2014-02-28, 08:23   Link #1207
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
Because they don't resemble what you would hear in the original Sailor Moon anime, so people naturally complain.

And because people hate changes... how dare they make new music for a new anime?!?! Someone call the anime music cops.
What a witty comment! Although it is no secret I do prefer the first anime over the mango (just announce those Blu-ray boxes already). And going with that I'll probably not be enjoying this remake (if it ends up being one) as much as the first show (coughFMAcoughRozen Maiden).

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'm looking more forward to the "Key Visual Reveal" that was tweeted, but I wonder what was meant by that? Some screenshots and/or concept art, or maybe even a trailer?
Key Visual usually means just that. A promo picture.
Old 2014-02-28, 08:47   Link #1208
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
What a witty comment! Although it is no secret I do prefer the first anime over the mango (just announce those Blu-ray boxes already). And going with that I'll probably not be enjoying this remake (if it ends up being one) as much as the first show (coughFMAcoughRozen Maiden).
Of course, I'll personally always prefer the original and its music.

Just hoping everything will fit together in the new anime. :3
Old 2014-02-28, 23:25   Link #1209
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Your point being? Takanashi's Precure soundtracks may have stood out from other Precures (why wouldnt they? loud gitaars/drumkits/synths every other track versus Naoki Sato's orchestra) but sure as heck did not among themselves or his other soundtracks. On the other hand, I guess someone could also say Sato's soundtracks sounded generic so I'll drop the subject. To each their own.

Edit: Also, "appropriately hot-blooded"? I don't know if I like how that sounds compared to my Sailor Moon experiences.
You ever heard of such thing as an author's style? Or read the other half of my post?
Old 2014-02-28, 23:59   Link #1210
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mind you they could be just updated versions of the same soundtracks they had in the 1990s much like they redid the soundtrack for Space Battleship Yamato in 2012 with it being basically the same, but not.
Old 2014-03-01, 01:36   Link #1211
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
You ever heard of such thing as an author's style? Or read the other half of my post?
Why yes, I do believe I've heard of something like that and yes, I have read your whole post. Thank you for your insightful post.

Last edited by Horse; 2014-03-01 at 01:56. Reason: just in case you ask if I read the first half of your post
Old 2014-03-01, 03:05   Link #1212
fukarming

I didn't comb through 60 pages in the thread, so I apologize if it had been discuss before:

Are they remake using the old stories (Queen Beryl/Black Moon/Mistress 9) or they are going to come up new stories but still use Sailormoon/Usagi as protagonist or something like saint seiya Omega that stars with completely new characters with old characters come back occasionally?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2014-03-01, 03:09   Link #1213
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I didn't comb through 60 pages in the thread, so I apologize if it had been discuss before:

Are they remake using the old stories (Queen Beryl/Black Moon/Mistress 9) or they are going to come up new stories but still use Sailormoon/Usagi as protagonist or something like saint seiya Omega that stars with completely new characters with old characters come back occasionally?
In a press release producer Atsutoshi Umezawa stated, "This second anime adaptation of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon is not remaking the previous anime, but adapting [Naoko Takeuchi's] original manga and starting from scratch again. It is quite a project. The entire staff has been working hard to show everyone an entirely new Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon, so please look forward to it." (Anime News Network)

On the topic of music . . .

I'm not at all familiar with Yasuharu Takanashi's works so I listened to the choice tracks offered by VampirePaladin, and I have to say that I'm not impressed. I'll agree that he does seem to have a uncommon sound, but my ears do not like that sound at all. From what I heard in those samples it seems like he excels in the area of "raucous noise." That's just my opinion though.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear his work for the show. Maybe he'll do something completely different for Sailor Moon, and it will turn out all right

At this point I'm just happy to hear some actual news about the project. Merchandise is great and all, but . . .
Old 2014-03-01, 03:35   Link #1214
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
In a press release producer Atsutoshi Umezawa stated, "This second anime adaptation of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon is not remaking the previous anime, but adapting [Naoko Takeuchi's] original manga and starting from scratch again. It is quite a project. The entire staff has been working hard to show everyone an entirely new Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon, so please look forward to it." (Anime News Network)
That sounds like good news. We will have the same great villains without the monster of the week routine.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2014-03-01, 05:48   Link #1215
Vegard Aune

Quote:
That sounds like good news. We will have the same great villains without the monster of the week routine.
In fairness though, most of the actual characterization of the villains was anime-exclusive... At least that's what I seem to recall from reading the first arc of the manga and about half of the second years ago, and having just read the first volume again. I mean, Jadeite and Zoicite sure leave absolutely zero impression in the manga, anyway...
Old 2014-03-01, 08:25   Link #1216
Konja7

Quote:
In fact, although it is said that this new anime is an adaptation of the manga, this does not mean that this will be a closer adaptation to the manga (technically the first anime was an adaptation of the manga). This new anime may be a completely new version of the first arc (Dark Kingdom).

We do not know as far as the cover story in the first season. Although I doubt that cover all 5 arcs in one season, I see more likely that the first season covers the first arc.
Old 2014-03-01, 11:45   Link #1217
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
We do not know as far as the cover story in the first season. Although I doubt that cover all 5 arcs in one season, I see more likely that the first season covers the first arc.
Original manga has just 52 chapters. This can be easily covered in 26 episodes of anime. Unless they don't want turn new series into monster of the week show too. Then there is no reason for more season than one.
Old 2014-03-01, 11:50   Link #1218
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I'll reserve judgement until I hear his work for the show. Maybe he'll do something completely different for Sailor Moon, and it will turn out all right
That's wise. Don't misunderstand my earlier comments - I think Takanashi is a talented composer and he is capable of doing very different things. I just do not believe he's been putting much effort into his big franchise works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Original manga has just 52 chapters. This can be easily covered in 26 episodes of anime. Unless they don't want turn new series into monster of the week show too. Then there is no reason for more season than one.
Now you're just silly. The chapters aren't that short and the manga already goes at breakneck pace. I guess they could comfortably cover it in 4cours if they don't stick to a set number of episode per story arc but...

Of course I'm betting it's still going to be a monster of the week show cause >TOEI >franchise mode >moneys.

Last edited by Horse; 2014-03-01 at 12:02.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:14   Link #1219
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Now you're just silly. The chapters aren't that short and the manga already goes at breakneck pace.
Trust me that 52 chapters with an average of 50 pages can really easily be covered in 26 episodes. Depends on the screenplay and direction.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:18   Link #1220
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Trust me that 52 chapters with an average of 50 pages can really easily be covered in 26 episodes. Depends on the screenplay and direction.
Oh gosh, the pace...
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo