AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-28, 23:06   Link #101
Twi

Yeah, them ignoring those inner monologues are seriously turning into a problem now.
Old 2017-04-29, 00:17   Link #102
XFire
150% done

Actually, it's a tad bit worse than that.

Most of those monologues are original to the manga, from what I can tell. I have the first two english LN's and I can tell you now about half the characterization in the manga wasn't there originally.
Old 2017-04-29, 01:22   Link #103
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yeeaaahhhh ... this is really not working for me ... even worse, its becoming tedious. The choices they are making in this adaptation are not sitting right with me ... I am afraid I will have to back out of this one. A pity.
Old 2017-04-29, 01:51   Link #104
ReddyRedWolf

To me too much focus on Lefiya not much on Ais side of the story for this side story in the episode. It just went to the aftermath.

Sword of Oratoria has parts of Danmachi from the POV of Ais and to the extent of Loki familia.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 02:37   Link #105
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 09:14.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 08:56   Link #106
dwm042

Well, there is more fighting as the series has progressed. I'm not sure the unique-to-Sword-Oratoria monsters have been the most attractive foes (worms and plants), but they exist.
dwm042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:11   Link #107
Twi

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Actually, it's a tad bit worse than that.

Most of those monologues are original to the manga, from what I can tell. I have the first two english LN's and I can tell you now about half the characterization in the manga wasn't there originally.
You're telling me the manga is more detailed than the source material?
Old 2017-04-29, 09:31   Link #108
Boukenxha

Didn't read the manga or LN but count me as one who is more interested in what's Aiz thinking in her head.

Can we say Lefiya's one-sided crush got closure this episode?

I mean she gave a closing monologue and she got the indirect something something she's been dreaming of... neh?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:56   Link #109
AB079
Banned

This is not working at all. All what make SO especial is not here, the characterization for Aiz is mediocre at best and dialogues/different point of views are not present in this adaptation.

Truly a shame.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:57   Link #110
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I've not read the LNs but AFAIK there's little from Ais's perspective even in the Oratoria LNs.

Anyway... I actually thought ep 3 was the best so far. Or at least, I didn't find it as irritating. So I'm going to continue watching.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 12:32   Link #111
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Damn,this is series is going to flop isn't it?

Hope this doesn't affects the chances of the main seties having a sequel.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 12:42   Link #112
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Damn,this is series is going to flop isn't it?

Hope this doesn't affects the chances of the main seties having a sequel.
If they fuck up SO, they can fix the mess with a sequel for the main series don't you think?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 12:48   Link #113
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Rephrase it plz.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 13:00   Link #114
gocav

Pretty much going to agree with everyone else who is complaining. SO is now considered a show I might watch on Sat. or Sun. afternoon if I don't have something else to do. And that's only because I'm invested the original Danmachi.

There is one thing I can't put my finger on, though. Bell and Lefiya view themselves as weak and pretty much have the same objective, wanting to stand next to Aiz and be worthy of her. So why do I find Bell likable and Lefiya extremely annoying, even more-so than Hestia?
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 13:03   Link #115
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocav View Post
Pretty much going to agree with everyone else who is complaining. SO is now considered a show I might watch on Sat. or Sun. afternoon if I don't have something else to do. And that's only because I'm invested the original Danmachi.

There is one thing I can't put my finger on, though. Bell and Lefiya view themselves as weak and pretty much have the same objective, wanting to stand next to Aiz and be worthy of her. So why do I find Bell likable and Lefiya extremely annoying, even more-so than Hestia?
Spoiler for ...:

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 13:35   Link #116
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocav View Post
Active characters are inherently more likeable than reactive or (even worse) passive characters. Characters who should be experienced shouldn't be acting like a newbie either - since she's level 3 she should have gone through many trials already. It's easy to explain that Bell is weak and inexperienced - he couldn't be otherwise since he's only just starting out and is pretty much entirely self-taught (at this point). Lefiya isn't weak in terms of damage output but is mentally weak and the story hasn't justified that. The story hasn't justified her crush on Ais either.

So Bell has flaws but they're reasonably well explained and he's working hard to overcome them. Lefiya also has flaws but they aren't well explained and she's been too passive about overcoming them.
Old 2017-04-29, 13:37   Link #117
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yes.

Also, the adaption made Lefiya gay. In the original she's basically someone who just looks up to and admires Aiz, but all of her fantasies and such are only in the manga (at least as far as the first two volumes go)
Old 2017-04-29, 13:47   Link #118
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
The story hasn't justified her crush on Ais either.
That's the one thing that doesn't need justification. A crush is a crush. There's no deeper reasons most of the time, and that's just fine.

Besides, Ais is really cool despite her lack of personality.
Old 2017-04-29, 13:57   Link #119
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's the one thing that doesn't need justification. A crush is a crush. There's no deeper reasons most of the time, and that's just fine.
Well, I agree it's not that big a deal (compared to the other issues) but there's a bit too many things about Lefiya that are simply declared and readers are forced to accept. Explaining her motivations better would help readers understand her better.

Quote:
Besides, Ais is really cool despite her lack of personality.
I think that keeping her as a cool mysterious character is a good thing. However, they've perhaps gone too far on the mystery side.
Old 2017-04-29, 14:46   Link #120
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I think that keeping her as a cool mysterious character is a good thing. However, they've perhaps gone too far on the mystery side.
That's not what I meant. I mean she's cool enough to attract attention / make people develop crushes on her.

I don't think Lefiya needs more justification than that.