AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-01-10, 09:38   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 891 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, first chapter of 2018! Also, before you smash your computer/device out of frustration over there being yet ANOTHER break, just let me remind you that Oda's scheduled breaks do NOT coincide with the magazine's holiday breaks (and has been the case for a few years now). Got that? Good, now let's get down to business! Spoiler summary is out courtesy of ScotchInformer from AP forums:

-Chapter title is "They are trusting me". Splash ministory involves Leo and co. helping to rebuild Dressrosa.

-In the mirror world, Luffy's clash with Katakuri is still ongoing. Watching the battle is the 36th daughter of the Charlotte family, Charlotte Flampe,, who's 15 years old and also happens to be the president of Katakuri's fanclub! She says she will become the "king of little sisters" and orders her forces to backup Katakuri, but their attacks don't work on Luffy. Flampe says she doesn't like seeing her brother struggle against an opponent, as it clashes with her image of him being perfect. The soldiers point out that it's not that the commander is struggling, it's just that his opponent is too stubborn.... and indeed, no matter how many times the rubber man is knocked down, he keeps getting back up. At first, it seems he's frustrated that Katakuri keeps predicting his moves, but he remains calm and keeps Rayleigh's tutelage in mind....

-Soon, Luffy is able to cancel out Katakuri's strike by attacking at the exact same timing as him! The commander is shocked to see his enemy predict the future as well, but nonetheless tells him that he'd best give up, as in just one hour, his companions will be destroyed by the forces awaiting them at Cacao Island. Of course, Luffy is still confident that he'll defeat the commander and come out of the mirror world, because.....

-At the same time, at Capone's ship, the cake is finally done! Pudding (specifically, her "evil side") tells Sanji that it's probably too late to save his friends. Nonetheless, the cook says that he must reach them and stop Big Mom with the perfect cake, because - and at this point, both Luffy and Sanji say the same line - that's what their companions are trusting them to do....!!!!

-Back at the Sunny, Chopper, in Monster Point mode, is defending against Big Mom and Prometheus (the latter of whom has grown much larger than the ship), but has reached his limits. However, just out on the horizon, a ship with the sweet smell of a cake appears....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-01-18 at 15:42.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 12:56   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers came out earlier than I expected. Maybe I remembered the previous years wrong, but I was pretty sure we wouldn't get a chapter until next week. Good news in any case! The wait is easier this way.

The chapter sounds good. Luffy is already managing to match Katakuri's ability to predict the future, it's only a matter of time before he surpasses him.
Old 2018-01-10, 19:42   Link #3
Rainbowman

Just in time for cake. Sure wish I had Ice Cream to go with that cake. As for Katakuri’s fangirl sister, she must be cute as a kitten that was tumbling in.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 08:05   Link #4
Kaz_

Still this whole arc is getting dragged and all those breaks are not helping it. I get the fact that Katakuri is insanely strong and immortal but enough of it already, it is obvious that Kata is is just an upgraded cannon fodder. A small scale Lucci compared to its time.

All we need is for Luffy to power up and be done with him. Already had more than enough screentime with his cool poses for someone that we will most likely never see again.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 08:18   Link #5
SilverGlavenus

^I'd say Katakuri is a much needed power up for Luffy. We still do not get to see all of the results of his 2 year time skip training.

But still, I wonder if this will follow the previous arcs: go to a new location -> beat a high bounty boss -> have a big celebration afterwards.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 09:22   Link #6
Eevsirrom

^actually I think the fight will remain unresolved, with a possible stalemate or Katakuri being impressed with Luffy's growth. Judging from the timing (with the arrival of the cake) Big Mom might get friendly all of a sudden.
Eevsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 06:22   Link #7
Ultragunner

Did I just read what I think it was? Even Oda now implements "imouto" into his story

LOL
Old 2018-01-12, 07:32   Link #8
thefreakmike

Calling it now, Katakuri and Flambe will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura and Saori Hayami in the anime
Old 2018-01-12, 07:47   Link #9
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Did I just read what I think it was? Even Oda now implements "imouto" into his story

LOL
That "imouto" will be shattered to pieces when she knows how Katakuri eats his snacks.
Old 2018-01-12, 07:51   Link #10
thefreakmike

I just noticed something
Charlotte Flambe is the 33rd daughter, at 15 years old, Pudding is the 35th daughter at...
Should we call the police here folks?
Old 2018-01-12, 07:51   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh they have an "imouto" character now

anyway, I hope they won't drag out Luffy vs Dogtooth for too long
instead, let us have a cake party in next chapter.. It is more fun to see Big Mom's battle for now

and the cake is really formidable.. it managed to tame everyone just by the aroma look at Bege and his crew
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 08:55   Link #12
Twi

This was a horrible place to take a break next week. They're starving us here in seeing how it'd end.
Old 2018-01-12, 10:31   Link #13
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Welp, at least my expectation was correct. Shueisha and Oda was indeed do not match for their break times. In sometimes Shueisha finish taking a break, next is Oda and vice versa.

Still, this chapter is not good enough to take a break next week unless something big going on (Like event).
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 12:05   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
I just noticed something
Charlotte Flambe is the 33rd daughter, at 15 years old, Pudding is the 35th daughter at...
Most likely a mistake which will be fixed in the tankoubon. I very much doubt Pudding is that young.
Old 2018-01-12, 13:58   Link #15
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So this is what I expect from a Yonkou Commander's battle (long chapters)
Old 2018-01-12, 14:49   Link #16
Ultragunner

ohh, it seems that the topic of Pudding’s age is blowing at the moment

can someone confirm this? Is Flambe’s age a mistranslation? Or Oda just make a mistake? Or he’s planning to do something with it (it would be a horrible way to c*ckblock Sanji again )
Old 2018-01-12, 16:46   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
I just noticed something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Most likely a mistake which will be fixed in the tankoubon. I very much doubt Pudding is that young.

While it could be an error on Oda's part, I actually don't think it would be that far-fetched if Pudding were also 15 (remember, Linlin gave birth to practical litters of children at a time.... for instance, Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven are triplets). So if Pudding and Flambe were born at the same time, I can see the ages being plausible. Also, while I think the minimum marriageable age in Japan is 16 (which likely also applies to OP's world), several countries (the USA included) allow younger folks to tie the knot as long as they have the parents' consent, which was most certainly the case for this wedding (though I'm pretty darn sure Judge is regretting this decision now, heh). So yeah, this may not be that odd of a case if Pudding is about 15 (though I'd certainly question things if she turns out to be a year or two younger, yes). But as was already mentioned, the tankoubon release (maybe along with related SBS info) will most definitely clear things up....

All that being said, Flambe's design is.... odd. She seems to be a Robin/Hancock clone, yet she has an oddly disproportionate body that makes her look like an.... eggplant? But I guess most people won't care as long as she has a cute face, lol. Also, I like how we see Luffy is gradually becoming used to Katakuri's attacks during the chapter. Just as Rayleigh taught him, his haki really is undergoing great growth against such a powerful opponent....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 17:19   Link #18
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
Still this whole arc is getting dragged and all those breaks are not helping it. I get the fact that Katakuri is insanely strong and immortal but enough of it already, it is obvious that Kata is is just an upgraded cannon fodder. A small scale Lucci compared to its time.

All we need is for Luffy to power up and be done with him. Already had more than enough screentime with his cool poses for someone that we will most likely never see again.
And there it is again, are you sure you’re watching the same series?

Katakuri is second to Big Mom, of course he is going to show up again.

Hey remember when Hachi showed up again, or heck the COW FISH from the Arlong arc showed up again in Fishman Island?

If you’re so impatient why don’t you take a break and play some games and other stuff so that when you come back you can binge read a bunch of chapters.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 18:00   Link #19
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
And there it is again, are you sure you’re watching the same series?

Katakuri is second to Big Mom, of course he is going to show up again.

Hey remember when Hachi showed up again, or heck the COW FISH from the Arlong arc showed up again in Fishman Island?

If you’re so impatient why don’t you take a break and play some games and other stuff so that when you come back you can binge read a bunch of chapters.
Lucci himself has also popped up again, too.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 21:02   Link #20
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
While it could be an error on Oda's part, I actually don't think it would be that far-fetched if Pudding were also 15 (remember, Linlin gave birth to practical litters of children at a time.... for instance, Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven are triplets). So if Pudding and Flambe were born at the same time, I can see the ages being plausible. Also, while I think the minimum marriageable age in Japan is 16 (which likely also applies to OP's world), several countries (the USA included) allow younger folks to tie the knot as long as they have the parents' consent, which was most certainly the case for this wedding (though I'm pretty darn sure Judge is regretting this decision now, heh). So yeah, this may not be that odd of a case if Pudding is about 15 (though I'd certainly question things if she turns out to be a year or two younger, yes). But as was already mentioned, the tankoubon release (maybe along with related SBS info) will most definitely clear things up....

All that being said, Flambe's design is.... odd. She seems to be a Robin/Hancock clone, yet she has an oddly disproportionate body that makes her look like an.... eggplant? But I guess most people won't care as long as she has a cute face, lol. Also, I like how we see Luffy is gradually becoming used to Katakuri's attacks during the chapter. Just as Rayleigh taught him, his haki really is undergoing great growth against such a powerful opponent....
I've been wondering for a long time now, but how in the world did Linlin's mom gave birth to her ??? (considering their sizes). And I wonder what Pudding will do after this arc, with her switching constantly between her personalities.

And also @MarvelB, I suppose it is a given that OP characters would look strange at this point. Katakuri has a big mouth, Perospero has a big tongue, Daifuku has big arms, Smoothie has long legs.

Another thing in this chapter that bugs me is the fact that Rayleigh seems to know about (and possibly can do it) the abilities for foresee with Haki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post

It's not really that easy, given how frequently the manga takes a break. I did it too, and my god, catching up didn't even take a morning.