Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 13:17   Link #121
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 23:56   Link #122
cynicalicious
I like pie.

For folks trying to find the books online:

Another source for books direct from Japan is bk1.jp. It has a much more flexible set of shipping options. You can choose ground, SAL, air, or EMS, in terms of slowest to fastest, to save money, and there aren't any handling fees. The downside is that the site is entirely in Japanese, so your Japanese skills had better be good.

Or just use Firefox and Rikaichan if you're lazy.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 07:49   Link #123
zato_1one

In episode 9 gg sub, Kanbaru said that she gave bloomers to Nadeko. I felt it was strange because Kanbaru shouldn't know Nadeko before. So when did she give them to her? Did anime miss something in the novel or not?
Old 2009-09-06, 11:41   Link #124
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
In episode 9 gg sub, Kanbaru said that she gave bloomers to Nadeko. I felt it was strange because Kanbaru shouldn't know Nadeko before. So when did she give them to her? Did anime miss something in the novel or not?
She gave them to her on the way to Koyomi's place.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 12:42   Link #125
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
She gave them to her on the way to Koyomi's place.
LOL I think the anime should make it's clearer to avoid any confusion. Thanks for the answer.
Old 2009-09-06, 13:11   Link #126
hei

Quote:
Spoiler:

Last edited by hei; 2009-09-06 at 13:37.
hei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 13:18   Link #127
Zetsubo
著述遮断

so what, Kanbaru thought Araragi was going to make a move on her and get pervy ?

I mean is this a subtle implication that kanbaru is bisexual ?

And still wants to hit on Senjougahara's hubby ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 14:10   Link #128
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
so what, Kanbaru thought Araragi was going to make a move on her and get pervy?
Spoiler:

Quote:
I mean is this a subtle implication that kanbaru is bisexual ?
Spoiler:

Quote:
And still wants to hit on Senjougahara's hubby ?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-06, 14:20   Link #129
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There is something I want to ask. I found a translation of the first chapter to Nisemonogatari and I saw that Tsukihi is connected to a Phoenix. Can someone explain to me how that happened?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 14:32   Link #130
zato_1one

Are there any reasons why Senjougahara sent Kanbaru to accompany Araragi? Why didn't she go with him instead?

Last edited by zato_1one; 2009-09-06 at 15:01.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 15:47   Link #131
hei

No. Senjogahara did not send Kanbaru. It's what Oshino asked. Oshino told Araragi to do that job for him with Kanbaru because both of them owe Oshino (Senjogahara and Hanekawa have already repaid Oshino by cash). So Araragi called Kanbaru, and then both of them, respectively, reported it to Senjogahara.
Old 2009-09-06, 16:15   Link #132
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
No. Senjogahara did not send Kanbaru. It's what Oshino asked. Oshino told Araragi to do that job for him with Kanbaru because both of them owe Oshino (Senjogahara and Hanekawa have already repaid Oshino by cash). So Araragi called Kanbaru, and then both of them, respectively, reported it to Senjogahara.
Didn't Senjougahara feel anything that Araragi called Kanbaru instead of her? I think that Senjougahara sent Kanbaru because Araragi asked Kanbaru about Senjougahara. And Kanbaru said that Senjougahara told her to try to be cute.
Old 2009-09-06, 17:00   Link #133
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Didn't Senjougahara feel anything that Araragi called Kanbaru instead of her? I think that Senjougahara sent Kanbaru because Araragi asked Kanbaru about Senjougahara. And Kanbaru said that Senjougahara told her to try to be cute.
No, Araragi told Senjougahara that he is going to take Kanbaru before he told Kanbaru. It was never Senjougahara's choice. When Araragi talked to Senjougahara he was only warning her that he and Kanbaru is going to be together for the day.
Old 2009-09-06, 18:48   Link #134
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
There is something I want to ask. I found a translation of the first chapter to Nisemonogatari and I saw that Tsukihi is connected to a Phoenix. Can someone explain to me how that happened?
Spoiler for mad spoiler for nise 2:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-06, 19:23   Link #135
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No, Araragi told Senjougahara that he is going to take Kanbaru before he told Kanbaru. It was never Senjougahara's choice. When Araragi talked to Senjougahara he was only warning her that he and Kanbaru is going to be together for the day.
That's what I feel it was strange. How the hell did Senjougahara allow Araragi to go out with Kanbaru?
Old 2009-09-06, 21:02   Link #136
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
That's what I feel it was strange. How the hell did Senjougahara allow Araragi to go out with Kanbaru?
Major trust I guess. Despite the fact that he is a pervert.
Old 2009-09-06, 21:42   Link #137
hei

Quote:
Really? Well, we know that Kanbaru is grudge lesbian, love to read Yaoi magazine, love cute kid, playful, flirting, lecherous and (may be) bisexual. What would we suppose to know more about her?

And who is Ragiko?
I just saw this message in other thread. The answer will be novel only, so I post it here. Please refer to their conversation for the answer.

Spoiler:

The bakemonogatari anime is closely following the original novel. Nonetheless, the anime directors omit some parts of the novel selectively. They might have their own principles of the selection, but I cannot help think that Kanbaru as a character does not profit from being animated.
Old 2009-09-06, 23:23   Link #138
Zavie

Hello, I'm new here! But i'm really interested in this LN. I wanna enjoy the aniem series to the max, but I couldn't overcome the temptation and ended up here instead

Anw, leave my stupidness beside, I'd like ask something

Koyomi got to know Hanekawa in the "Koyomi Vamp" arc, right? And Koyomi helped her afterward? So exactly, what happened? Why Hanekawa got involve with the wampire thing? Is it that her habit of walking outside at night is the result of that vampire incident?
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:30   Link #139
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
Hello, I'm new here! But i'm really interested in this LN. I wanna enjoy the aniem series to the max, but I couldn't overcome the temptation and ended up here instead

Anw, leave my stupidness beside, I'd like ask something

Koyomi got to know Hanekawa in the "Koyomi Vamp" arc, right? And Koyomi helped her afterward? So exactly, what happened? Why Hanekawa got involve with the wampire thing? Is it that her habit of walking outside at night is the result of that vampire incident?
There were rumors of a vampire hanging around town so she was intrigued. She walks around because of her family problems.

We don't get to see what happened during Golden Week when Hanekawa's cat first came out, only the rough details. The two of them found a dead cat and her family problems allowed the Kaii to appear. "Black Hanekawa" allowed her to relieve stress by rampaging.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-09-07, 04:31   Link #140
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
I just saw this message in other thread. The answer will be novel only, so I post it here. Please refer to their conversation for the answer.

Spoiler:

The bakemonogatari anime is closely following the original novel. Nonetheless, the anime directors omit some parts of the novel selectively. They might have their own principles of the selection, but I cannot help think that Kanbaru as a character does not profit from being animated.
Ha Ha Ha Thanks. Now I think I get the idea what Araragi's fetish is.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance