AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-29, 10:01   Link #21
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'm pretty sure the effeminate character is supposed to be a guy....then again, I'm not sure why Kubo decided we needed even more characters, when there is already so many to pick from. What, would it have really been a stretch to use say, his sisters, or one of the other "earthlings", instead? Kubo's cast is frankly too damn huge, and so much time is wasted on them when they're tossed aside so conveniently never to be seen again (for example, Nell).

I'm with Bonta-kun though.

1. It was nice to see Ichigo not get his ass kicked and thus spend twenty chapters of him wallowing around powering up....again. He's boss now, keep it that way.

2. What the hell is the point of the five day ultimatum when you're so damn confident that you can walk up to what is considered the strongest guy in the SS fighting force and tell him you're going to kill him? Who the heck does that? Just kill him right there and proceed with your extermination. Are they going to vanish in the next chapter so that the good guys can regroup? Of course, because it wouldn't be plot armor for the good guys if the villains weren't morons.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:17   Link #22
prakash123

i just hope to see 1)vizards in action 2)everyones bankai if they have one 3)ichigo with the mask 4)not forgeting more of isshin/urahara/ryuuken
Old 2012-02-29, 10:25   Link #23
Calca
Expressionless

So, after the defeat of the Spanish, the Germans have come to invade Soul Society.

Great.

This also means we can't use "SS" as an abbreviation for Soul Society anymore...for obvious reasons.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:30   Link #24
ronin myael
lost ronin

oh great! more boring characters! exactly what we need to make this arc interesting. typical kubo.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:25   Link #25
DesuX2

「The point is that given all the hints and evidence so far, the Neo-Nazis want to take revenge on them slowly and deliberately for the thousand years of pain. 」
Old 2012-02-29, 11:54   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
「The point is that given all the hints and evidence so far, the Neo-Nazis want to take revenge on them slowly and deliberately for the thousand years of pain. 」
Still daft idea, so what 5 days of killing people off, why not just get it over with and save them the trouble of putting up with any trouble that could arise.
I mean they declare war against SS, I highly doubt they will think they would all survive at the end.
But if being able to just stroll on into the big man's bedroom why not just take him out and be done with it without losing anyone.
That would be their greatest victory winning this war at this stage without losing any more people, that in itself is best victory possible.

Yes we don't know how events could unfold but with war you have to expect casualties, if you don't thats just asking for a butt whipping.

....oh wait, thats right this is Bleach, how could I forget that
Old 2012-02-29, 12:03   Link #27
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Loved the colour spread, every thing that could have been said meme related has already been said (I am being replaced D: )
loved that hoodie though, espically the hood had the hollow mask on it. will give kudos to kubo on that.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-29, 12:12   Link #28
DesuX2

「I realize that not many people are history buffs like me and see what Kubo is doing but here's a piece of information that I think is relevant. Because who said that they were not going to do anything to Soul Society as a whole in the five days?

Quote:
On May 10, 1940, German troops invaded the Netherlands bringing war to ended five days later as Dutch forces surrendered and German occupation of the Netherlands officially began. Five years later, the Netherlands would be liberated. However, the toll in human life and suffering during those five years was enormous.
If you read Zombie Powder, you'll get an idea of how Bleach ends. If you see what Kubo is thinking.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:47   Link #29
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Not even surprised the vice captain got owned. Most of them were so weak from the beginning.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:50   Link #30
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
「I realize that not many people are history buffs like me and see what Kubo is doing but here's a piece of information that I think is relevant. Because who said that they were not going to do anything to Soul Society as a whole in the five days?

If you read Zombie Powder, you'll get an idea of how Bleach ends. If you see what Kubo is thinking.
So Kubo stops with Bleach before it ends =P *trollface*

But I liked this chapter, I think this is how the arc should have started right off without that whole introduction of 2 new shinigami, 1 that wont do anything because she's just another grumpy girl.

Love this Ivan guys ... Quincy Bow? Looks pretty cool and has CANNONS. Most exciting part fo this arc will be seeing how the other Quincy Bows look...it's cool to see that they can kinda upgrade and not just become smaller like Uryu's for the sake of not drawing these grand things.

Also not Sasakibe! I just finally remembered his name permannetly and he might be dead (hopefully..I mean this guy should have died many times before..Kubo, start killing the good guys NOW!) Also Ichigo>The world.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:38   Link #31
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

well looks like the 1st squad vice captain got a little scratch by bleach terms. Walk it off!
Old 2012-02-29, 13:46   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Looks pretty cool and has CANNONS.
Looks more like PF594 to me!
Quote:
Also not Sasakibe! I just finally remembered his name permannetly and he might be dead
His character will never be forgotten...well, whatever character he has built up in omake and comical moments.
Quote:
What the hell is the point of the five day ultimatum when you're so damn confident that you can walk up to what is considered the strongest guy in the SS fighting force and tell him you're going to kill him? Who the heck does that? Just kill him right there and proceed with your extermination. Are they going to vanish in the next chapter so that the good guys can regroup? Of course, because it wouldn't be plot armor for the good guys if the villains weren't morons.
Totally seconding this. No better place to attempt to kill the old man than his office, at least he might hesitate to turn it to ashes...
Old 2012-02-29, 15:24   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
well looks like the 1st squad vice captain got a little scratch by bleach terms. Walk it off!
got all his arms and legs, not even a scratch.
Old 2012-02-29, 16:00   Link #34
SeanQ

Vandenreich: You got a poor security.
Gen: I'm all the security needed.
==>Vice-captain flies through wall.
Vandenreich: See..we kicked your VC's ass.
Gen: So? He's used to it...
Vandenreich: We is going to win. Derp.
Old 2012-02-29, 16:39   Link #35
sayde

Sasakibe got pwned by shikai Ichigo with his bare hands just as quickly and easily as he was taken out now. So unfortunately, its not as if the defeat of Yamamoto's VC serves as a testament to any kind relevant strength in this series. These guys are going to have pull off something a little more impressive than that to convince me that they're any real threat to the major powers that be.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:03   Link #36
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I don't think it's so much that he was taken out as opposed to how he was taken out...Ichigo knocked him out w/ a palm thrust...these guys murderdeathkilled his ass with a giant Quincy arrowblade through his torso >_> I'm curious to who fired that...as it was more than overkill.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:23   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

So the SS gets invaded by nazis. icwatudidthere, Kubo.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:31   Link #38
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I don't think it's so much that he was taken out as opposed to how he was taken out...Ichigo knocked him out w/ a palm thrust...these guys murderdeathkilled his ass with a giant Quincy arrowblade through his torso >_>
While such a thing proved that they certainly mean business, I'm not necessarily convinced that this brief demonstration proved they were really powerful just yet--which is my only point here. Lets see if they can give Yamamoto some competition next chapter and then we may have a worthy new group of antagonists on our hands. On another note, I suppose if a good guy had to finally die in the main canon, Sasakibe wouldn't be a bad place to start for Kubo. Because his death likely wouldn't upset a huge chunk of the fanbase or screw himself out of possible future ideas/plans. With that said, I doubt Sasakibe's going anywhere.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:40   Link #39
Casshern

Yamamoto in a pinch!
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-29, 17:43   Link #40
haegar
mangaviking

after mulling over the chap some time, for me, in order to NOT screw up next chapter by default, these guys should have no trick or trap or such like Aizen had to contain Yamamoto's powers but simply be strong enough to seriously challenge him directly. I'm tired of Kubo dangling his haxxness in our eyes and then not showing it properly. So I want him unhandicapped and I want them going at it. That building is so pompous anyways. Let it go. It's all spirit particles, we can rebuild later.

Last edited by haegar; 2012-02-29 at 17:55.
Closed Thread