AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 22:40   Link #641
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The Dark Lord Goes on a Date with His Colleague in Shinjuku

More funny moment intertwined with a twisted development; Emi gets more pouty and hot tempered than ever in Hero mode.

But, the delight comes when we see Chiho and Emi getting ready for the best b***h catfight over misunderstanding each other's reasons to get closer to Maou.

Ashiya gets more bonus point for 1) fitting Maou with the appropriate clothes for the ocassion, and 2) tailing Maou from the distance on the latter's date.

Ok. Maou explains the technical aspect of the magic that enabled Chiho to hear two nights ago a strange voice; a voice coming from both Emi and Maou's world, but Chiho is able to understand the language. Mhhh.....

I think Chiho would be made used by the unseen assailant in latter episodes, but for now we have grounded the root that causes the earthquakes, magic. And, it happens a big one turns at a bad timing when Maou and Chiho are dating.

After the earthquake subsides, Emi and Chiho were more or less make ammends or putting themselves in a temporarily truce, but the heroine warns the gullible child not to get drawn to Maou, unless she'll suffer badly.

But, guess what happens? Maou not only returns to his demonic form with all and magic, but he's actually sacrificing himself for others and taking care to have Chiho rescued, much to Emi's shock and denial.

Poor hero! What's going to happen to her role as Hero, if Maou completely turns to the good side?
I have a better question: What will happen to her sanity when it turns out he was never the bad guy?
Old 2013-04-21, 22:51   Link #642
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

It wasn't clear to me how Maou looked when the light went dark but I felt suddenly he was all bishified and the glowing red eyes looked kind of secshy. Or maybe I just saw it wrong. Regardless, the moment when he turned around with the glowing red eyes saying he would save the world (or something along that line) made him look secshy.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 00:06   Link #643
ginger02

I really like the music in the show. The piano playing when Maou and Chiho were talking about the quake was great.

The quake caught me by surprise. I thought it'd just be a tiny shake. I'm interested in who the other guy attacking them last week was.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 01:22   Link #644
Marly
>AS

I like the part where Maou got more buff than he ever was in that flashback when he ruled as the demon lord. Also, I think it's pretty obvious at this point who the culprit from episode 2 is. (The only other remotely humanoid demon general briefly introduced in the flashback) Hopefully I'm proven wrong on my suspicion and it turns out to be one of the hero's allies, because that sounds pretty neat on paper.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 02:49   Link #645
Kyouka
Is Here

i finally got the chance to watch all 3 episodes and i have to say im very pleased with this show =D
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 03:14   Link #646
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Lol @ the faces Emilia makes.

Spoiler for size:

I mean, really. DAT PISSED OFF FACE.
Old 2013-04-22, 04:16   Link #647
Aoken
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Lol @ the faces Emilia makes.

Spoiler for size:

I mean, really. DAT PISSED OFF FACE.
She looks adorable with her murderous rage face.

Spoiler for keikaku:
Aoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 05:14   Link #648
larethian

^
.................................................. ...............................
(=_=);
These kind of translations still exist? Unbelievable.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 05:55   Link #649
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Emi needs to take a chill pill.Poor Ashiya
Spoiler for dem faces:
Old 2013-04-22, 06:39   Link #650
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 06:54   Link #651
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:26   Link #652
whitecloud

it seems maou is never the bad guy after all..its just like the state of two country in the war in each other, there is never a bad guy, each side is just as "sinful" as the other side, beside who knows the fate of demon race to make maou to attack the human, are they being oppressed? or the human attack first secretly?chastised them like every good church do? is the decision is pure maou's will or is it the will of the masses, he just basically being "forced" to as the leader?

as the murderer of the yuusha's parent, in war casualties always exist, no leader can fully control each of their soldier like a chess piece, there will be always soldier who pillaged, kill, rape civilian, since in this case demon have a lot of animosity with human, kill any human they can find...regardless of the order...it;'s basically just wrong to solely blame it all in the hand of maou's, when yuusha dont even know the reason of war, and just assume he's some kind of mad tyrant like hitler
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:25   Link #653
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah for some reason, Anime likes their Maou to be good guys.

Western fantasy stories are more straight forward- 'Evil Gods/Demons/Kings' are evil.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:44   Link #654
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^
.................................................. ...............................
(=_=);
These kind of translations still exist? Unbelievable.
It's a Death Note meme. Headset + triumphant face = just as keikaku.

Don't worry, nobody actually translated it like that.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:22   Link #655
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah for some reason, Anime likes their Maou to be good guys.

Western fantasy stories are more straight forward- 'Evil Gods/Demons/Kings' are evil.
It's really more like Japan finally caught on to the fact that the straight Evil Demon Lord archetype is overused especially in the realm of fantasy stories and games (something which Japan loves way too much), and so now they can do something different by having the Maou's actually be misunderstood good guys instead.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 18:10   Link #656
Kirarakim

I have to admit before watching anime I wasn't very familiar with seeing the Demon Lord/Satan in any story good or bad.

A most I saw him in possession/horror stories like the exorcist. I was terrified of being possessed as a kid. I also remember a really scary devil in the movie Legend (with a very young Tom Cruise)

Now maybe if Satan looked like this I would not have been so afraid.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:25   Link #657
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's really more like Japan finally caught on to the fact that the straight Evil Demon Lord archetype is overused especially in the realm of fantasy stories and games (something which Japan loves way too much), and so now they can do something different by having the Maou's actually be misunderstood good guys instead.
Also I have a feeling in this situation it's partly a result of different mindsets. When you're a powerful, near-immortal being, why would you care about a people who, at most, would live only fifty years if they're lucky?

What was it that someone else said? To understand the perspective of a human, you have to spend time AS a human. And that's exactly what happened in this case; in his time as a down-in-his luck bum, Maou's now experienced what it's like as one of the people he likely didn't even give a thought about. Rather than get bitter and angry about it, he's picked up sympathy and a bit of compassion.

Unrelated: Wouldn't it be funny if Chi-chan turned out to be a better overlord than Sadao?
Old 2013-04-22, 21:16   Link #658
GundamZZ
残念美人

I doubt he has the compassion. He does less damage due to his reason. I think his logic is: He doesn't believe causing damage has the benefit. As some people point out in episode 3, he does something very noble. He does it because he concerns about economy(resource scarcity) and the cost benefit analysis.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:24   Link #659
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
This story makes the distinction. In episode one introduction, they are different kinds. Even mentioning the story from the name's source may be some minor spoiler.

Some Christian doujinshi interpretation puts these two names as one antagonist. Later, it became a popular idea.
It is stated in ep 1, Lucifer is one of four general of Satan (Maou)
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:59   Link #660
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I doubt he has the compassion. He does less damage due to his reason. I think his logic is: He doesn't believe causing damage has the benefit. As some people point out in episode 3, he does something very noble. He does it because he concerns about economy(resource scarcity) and the cost benefit analysis.
You are completely missing the point of the show. The business manual obviously teach us to be kind towards customers He is in the service industry, of course the guidelines are going to include stuff about being attentive & well receiving, at least on the outside, most business promote a faultless, honest disposition.

So, basically as his bible is the rules of his workplace; he was taught to care. He is not helping anyone based on economy, numbers or profits, but merely is an extension on what he has to practice every day; he is basically taking his work ethic outside the job. He is planing to use work ethic to climb the ladder as a worker & conquer Japan after all

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work