AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-05-15, 16:53   Link #1
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Netorare

As the title implies I'm looking for suggestions about good anime or manga with netorare as one of their central elements.
No yaoi or yuri, no hentai.

Assuming they exist...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:08   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
As for anime the ones I can think off the top of my head are Rumbling Hearts and School Days.

Also Give Cross and Crime, Usotsuki Paradox and Uwakoi a shot! They have just what you need! They're manga series btw.
Old 2012-05-16, 01:10   Link #3
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Uhhh... Hen Zemi has one of the guys crazy about NTR, so much so that he enjoyed having his girlfriend having sex with people not him. Not hentai, but real ecchi series. Does that count?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 05:46   Link #4
Seiryuu

I always find it hard to understand when someone puts the words "good" and "netorare" together. Do you mean works that go deep into the NTR, that exemplify the concept? Or do you mean something like one of my old threads, where the NTR is a central PART of the story but doesn't constitute the ENDING, something where the guy manages to beat it? I'm sure there are plenty of the first (especially in the 18+ realm), though I steer clear; there's not as many of the second.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 07:27   Link #5
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Neither. I meant a good anime or manga, in other words manga or anime that you would consider good and which fit the requirements.

And of course "good" is subjective, but often I see people suggesting works that fit with the requirements but they didn't particularly like them or are even known to be bad.
So in other words if you think it's good and you think it fulfills my request, go ahead and suggest it. If it fits but you didn't like it, ot if you liked it but it doesn't fit, then don't.

If you think only a particular kind of NTR is good then suggest something of that kind. But other people are not restricted to either of you cathegories should they have a different opinion.

BTW I checked a few of the suggestions and I found most of them are really pushing the limits between hentai and ecchi, but I guess it's unavoidable with NTR. So well ecchi is okay.

Usotsuki Paradox is pretty good so far, but I wonder if it's really a NTR or rather a reverse NTR.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 07:41   Link #6
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Well, i can't help but suggest you Onani Master Kurosawa; it's an awesome manga, it got the best character development i have ever seen, and i can assure you that it will give you the feelings you are looking for. Jealousy you look for? You'll feel hatred. Don't be fooled by the "intro" of this manga, because as it gets in the middle of the story.... I won't spoil, i can't spoil, just go read it, and once again, don't be fooled by the setting, that makes it appear some comedy manga or things like that; it really turns serious.

Another manga is Kimi no Iru Machi; however, before even approaching that moment, you'll have to read a lot (It got 180+ chapters). If you look at it in general, NTR isn't the central part, it can't even be considered really NTR, but surely occupies a good deal of chapters. It is nonetheless an awesome reading that always hooks you up, despite the monstrous amount of chapters. It's from the author of Suzuka, just in case you didn't know. Genuine romance story filled with many elements and twists.

Even having a light NTR element(No sexual involvement or stuff like that), those titles aren't tragic and depressing like School Days or Rumbling Hearts, but are still able to deliver more feelings than those two... yes, even without that whole tragedy stuff. I can't say more about those titles, because i would spoil them. Just engage them, enjoy the story, and eventually get surprised.

EDIT
How could i forget Vampire Knight: anime series made of 2 seasons, with the vampire element, that sees a girl and 2 boys as protagonists. This surely ignited my inner self, so i guess you should try it. I'm not even in the vampire genre, and this romance actually made me burn, but it was able to hook me up for 2 seasons without getting boring or annoying. If you try to empathize with Zero, you'll get what i mean. Not even ecchi, but once again, if you just wanted to feel jealousy and hatred, there you go.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-05-19 at 07:55.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 07:47   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

The manga Nozoki ana had an NTR arc. It wasn't exactly the main focus point of the manga, but it was still a pretty damn big part of the plot and it was pulled it off pretty well.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:46   Link #8
syke123

Would like to hear some more suggestions as well, something similar to the netorare arc of S&W II if at all possible.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 14:07   Link #9
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Neither. I meant a good anime or manga, in other words manga or anime that you would consider good and which fit the requirements.

And of course "good" is subjective, but often I see people suggesting works that fit with the requirements but they didn't particularly like them or are even known to be bad.
So in other words if you think it's good and you think it fulfills my request, go ahead and suggest it. If it fits but you didn't like it, ot if you liked it but it doesn't fit, then don't.

If you think only a particular kind of NTR is good then suggest something of that kind. But other people are not restricted to either of you cathegories should they have a different opinion.

BTW I checked a few of the suggestions and I found most of them are really pushing the limits between hentai and ecchi, but I guess it's unavoidable with NTR. So well ecchi is okay.

Usotsuki Paradox is pretty good so far, but I wonder if it's really a NTR or rather a reverse NTR.
ok. I'd say it's very difficult to find NTR that's not ecchi/hentai, particularly depending on your specific definition. For instance, I don't see it as NTR if the girl legitimately falls in love with this other guy for good reasons, only if the guy who loses had and/or deserved the girl. Also, I don't see it as NTR if the girl doesn't have any choice, since then it goes into the area of the classic DID. My definition is limited then to stories where the hero loses for much shallower reasons, such as the girl deciding that some other guy's better in bed.

I'd heard some describe Onani Master Kurosawa this way. It's a little hard to say, could work for you or maybe not.

Also, just for clarification, when you say ecchi is okay you're only refering to ecchi, not hentai, correct? Lastly, what's your definition of "reverse" NTR?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote