AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 03:23   Link #581
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hammerspace as an esper ability seems farfetched though. Remember that there are certain "canon conventions" in making an ability, which includes a certain control of certain parts of the laws of physics. [Let's ignore Kakine this time. He's a special case and can be excluded because of his Dark Matter control.]

> First of all, there should be no Level 5 or higher espers who are natives of Japan. There should only be seven Level 5s, and higher level espers are either outside Japan or unknown, if not non-existent.

> I've just mentioned that laws and/or concepts of physics can be tweaked by espers, like the concept of inertia (abused by Equal Speed), vectors (Accelerator in a sense) and thermodynamics (broken by Uiharu Kazari). In my fanfiction series, I have an esper who controls pressure - and eventually forces. Space expansion appears to be a magical, not a scientific concept, but change of mass is permissible, as long as it is not a perpetual effect.

> Control of a certain element is permitted, as proved by Misaka Mikoto (iron) and Kinuhata Saiai (nitrogen).

> There are no such proofs to back this up, but there are currently no abilities in canon which augment a person's natural processes, like abilities which give superhuman strength or improves vision. Espers can only interact with objects outside of the human body, with the exception of Accelerator, which only uses an application of his ability.

> By the way, Gemstones can break any of these rules, because of the lack of information on how Gemstones are common with each other, and their nature as having inborn abilities.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-12-06 at 03:34.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 04:58   Link #582
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
*clap clap clap* Pretty good fic Ashaman Though come to think of it... did we EVER see a shirtless Touma in the anime yet? >.> Cause from memory I don't think that has happened, even in Angel Fall...

*shrug* whatever, minor details of no importance I suppose.
Someone must have installed a spying camera, capturing pictures of Touma bathing...

... which reminds me of YET another 2ch fanfic I read a few days back.

Spoiler for 2ch you... you so creative >_<:

... This is the reason you guys here writing in Fanfiction.Net are so much of a precious gem to me. At least, this is not as much as a mindr__e of yet another 2ch fanfic I rambled about here a few days back... and which blew my mind after reading it. As I said, even Gainax Endings are put to shame with that.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-12-06 at 09:13.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 05:02   Link #583
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

> There are no such proofs to back this up, but there are currently no abilities in canon which augment a person's natural processes, like abilities which give superhuman strength or improves vision. Espers can only interact with objects outside of the human body, with the exception of Accelerator, which only uses an application of his ability.
X-ray vision dude...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 06:48   Link #584
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Except clairvoyance, and all "famous" psychic abilities. Forgot to add that, lol.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 09:09   Link #585
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Someone must have installed a spying camera, capturing pictures of Touma bathing...

... which reminds me of YET another 2ch fanfic I read a few days back.

-snip-
Whoa....

2ch users are so.....disturbing

What's next, Mugino going yandere for Touma and kills anyone in her way?
Old 2010-12-06, 09:12   Link #586
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Whoa....

2ch users are so.....disturbing

What's next, Mugino going yandere for Touma and kills anyone in her way?
That'll have to be answered by a certain 4koma fanartist who threw Hamadzura out of the circle, and as a result Touma somehow got into there - and became ITEM's most beloved... chair.

... I'm still daring anyone to ask me about that mindr__ing 2ch fanfic I lamented about. Any takers?

Believe me, Mugino going yandere for Touma and killing anyone in her way to Touma makes much more sense if I were to make an average comparison of stuff I've seen so far.

Old 2010-12-06, 10:33   Link #587
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, I wanted to use an ability like that before after watching bakemonogatari...

Logically there's only two ways to change the weight of something- Either you change it's mass, or you alter gravitational acceleration.

I would suggest the latter... It'll be more acceptable in my opinion.

How do you intend to do this?

The "Extra Space" skill expands the capacity of a container with out expanding its size and mass , it expand the space inside the container or bag. got this idea form one the science channels on quantum mechanics , theory of relativity about space and time.

the analogy is the normal capacity of a back pack is 5 large size books, with "Extra Space" you can double the amount ... there are limitation for its an active skill.... the OC Daisuke does get tired if he use it constantly . for him over using it can be lethal for him
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:38   Link #588
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
The "Extra Space" skill expands the capacity of a container with out expanding its size and mass , it expand the space inside the container or bag. got this idea form one the science channels on quantum mechanics , theory of relativity about space and time.

the analogy is the normal capacity of a back pack is 5 large size books, with "Extra Space" you can double the amount ... there are limitation for its an active skill.... the OC Daisuke does get tired if he use it constantly . for him over using it can be lethal for him
I recall that... I also recall they said that to expand or squeeze space would require the energy and mass of a star
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:54   Link #589
tsunade666

I love that 4koma when Mugino is using Touma as a chair

I think the fanfic from 2ch are pretty normal. Well I usually go their to snoop around and everyone keeps getting derailed from original conversation and into nonsense but back into it again. Still normal -_-

Mugino blast away anything which are bigger than "hers" by a certain 4koma
Old 2010-12-06, 12:18   Link #590
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Sounds interesting, but a bit sketchy. So that would mean if a Level 4 uses the drug, they would automatically rise up to a Level 7?

That doesn't make sense. Levels don't work that way. A Level 6 is stated to have a power that is on the level of God, what exactly would a Level 7 be? Also, it seems suspicious that Gakuen Toshi hasn't picked up on this drug. I suppose it's possible the US found it first, but still...

Also, there should be drastic side effects and specific limitations on who can use it, like the Crystallized Esper Essence has. Otherwise, it's too convenient.
The drug is limited to Level 5. And even then, it isn't as strong as most level 5's.

There is no bastion safe from the desirable eyes of its invaders.

There are side effects. Dependency. It must be taken every day lest one fall victim to across-the-board mental and organ failure.

Quote:
Plausible, but he never questions why he doesn't remember anything? Also, like others have said, 30 years of advanced technology makes a huge difference.
The mind is a strange thing; evident to anyone who's even seen the series. Memory non-existence doesn't mean that the brain necessarily feels something is missing.

Quote:
Wait, how come the US ESPers managed to invade Gakuen Toshi? The city is strict on whoever can come in since it doesn't want its information leaked out, so how can an entire essembly of ESPers be there? It's not easy to get in or out of AC, and the US being 30 years behind in technology would make it kind of impossible to try and pass without being detected.

Sounds interesting, with a solid plot. Be wary of making your OC too powerful and fix some things here and there.
After his house explodes, I'm sure you realize that without the drug, they are very weak.

Quote:
It could easy be limited to a certain level, after all there's only so much a human body can take. Perhaps it only works for the low levels? And at higher levels it does nothing? There's no way any other country could even come close to the power levels of Academy City's Espers.

I want to suggest something though, how about making the US espers fundamentally different from Academy City's AIM espers? We know the reason why Crowley went down that path, but just like the gemstones, power users come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe the American Espers wouldn't be AIM base?
That sounds positively right. I'll have to brainstorm something to explain it with. Which might take awhile.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:43   Link #591
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
I recall that... I also recall they said that to expand or squeeze space would require the energy and mass of a star

I think in the theory of quantum mechanics there sub atomic particles that can act weird/strange that occur naturally in nature like 4 Dimesion effect, dark energy/dark matter , nuetrino that can pass though normal matter almost unchanged

the premise of Extra Space that some how taps in or finds a loop hole(s) in normal known physics

anyway is a fanfic ...... no need to strain our brain in the process
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 22:14   Link #592
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Second: Academy City is only taking native Japanese Youths so far. There hasn't been a single foreign born (except for gemstones) that's gotten in. But I suppose that can be ignored.
Minor nit-picking: foreign students have been mentioned before, some in Tokiwadai. Tokiwadai was stated to accept foreign students in Vol8 (or 5?), and once almost sparked a international incident for refusing a member of a royal family (dunno which country though, but chances are it's not UK seeing the three princesses there are all over 24) entrance into their school.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 22:34   Link #593
Miraluka
Banned

All the princesses above 24, Vilian being the younger... how old is William? 25? I think he is at least below 30.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 12:07   Link #594
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Minor nit-picking: foreign students have been mentioned before, some in Tokiwadai. Tokiwadai was stated to accept foreign students in Vol8 (or 5?), and once almost sparked a international incident for refusing a member of a royal family (dunno which country though, but chances are it's not UK seeing the three princesses there are all over 24) entrance into their school.
Well then, I guess they don't need to sneak in.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:49   Link #595
outerelf

Hmmm... I wonder if this story could work in a midevil setting...

*has an image of Knight!Touma, Princess!Index, Ninja!Tsuchimikado* Probably not seeming how science is as big as the magic, but I suppose if you were to make the science people gemstone espers, or magicians...

I don't know what's wrong with me today. I can't seem to calm down.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:57   Link #596
Ashaman

Okay, so, when I finished Delta Force, I added an omake (the song below.) I was intending to be creepy, due to the list form chapter four, but it seems to have failed. What do you guys think?

Spoiler for Accel song:

On a related note, now I want to see Santa!Accelerator.

Either in Fic (Fluff overload is expected) or Pic form.

So, Yuki, is it possible you can provide me with the latter at least?

You do have quite the collection.
Old 2010-12-07, 19:33   Link #597
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Well, not exactly a santa, but how about a badass reindeer?

Old 2010-12-07, 20:06   Link #598
Miraluka
Banned

Accelerudolf: Lets deliver those gifs Last Santa!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:13   Link #599
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

... Oh wow. Today's find: a fanfic from 2ch featuring ITEM as Touma's... adopted sisters.

Spoiler for What what in the ????:

I find this rather... sweet.

Old 2010-12-08, 08:51   Link #600
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... Oh wow. Today's find: a fanfic from 2ch featuring ITEM as Touma's... adopted sisters.

Spoiler for What what in the ????:

I find this rather... sweet.
We'll need a translator for this.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction