AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD NEW - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 11 29.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 18.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 18.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-29, 07:25   Link #21
Wigwams

Hmm i understand, i have read the LNs but its been awhile. I dont think there was much hint about him either.

I think its good too to have these sudden plot twists (those "that escalated quicky" moments), not everything needs foreshadowing. Hopefully it would be made much cleared next episode. This guy appeared at the very end afterall, before that we were lead to believe that Freed was just a lone rogue.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:31   Link #22
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
The problem i'm having is, there's just no proper development leading to such event. We all know the name of Kokabiel was hinted on earlier episode, but that's all, pretty much nothing else to actually convinces me that he's actually the mastermind behind this shitstorm. Yeah, i know that things were explained more thoroughly in novel, but the studio didn't show them properly in adaptation, hence my confusion. strictly speaking, the adaptation lacks some subtlety, which i've been complaining about since episode 1
You have be complaining about everything before the series even started .
Now i hardly post since i like to save up eps but if you already made up your mind why watch the show.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:15   Link #23
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You have be complaining about everything before the series even started
Oh come on, i participated in this subforum very recently and completely blind about the source material, so why would i be complaining about things that i haven't yet had any idea about? Enlighten me
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Now i hardly post since i like to save up eps but if you already made up your mind why watch the show.
Because i want to see how it ends? Because there're still things that draw me into this show? Now that i've already on eps 4, it seems like a waste to just drop this show. Mind you, i'm a critical person who's hard to overlook flaws in a show, hence my constant rants.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:09   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Did Koneko get spanked too? This is important.
Old 2013-07-29, 09:22   Link #25
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, she hasn't.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:58   Link #26
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Can't help to laugh when they mention "Azazel"san , come on , he's just a little cute & funny devil
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 12:25   Link #27
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Oh come on, i participated in this subforum very recently and completely blind about the source material, so why would i be complaining about things that i haven't yet had any idea about? Enlighten me

Because i want to see how it ends? Because there're still things that draw me into this show? Now that i've already on eps 4, it seems like a waste to just drop this show. Mind you, i'm a critical person who's hard to overlook flaws in a show, hence my constant rants.
Here's the problem.
You said u weren't a fan of high fanservice and quite frankly we warned u that there was a ton of fanservice well ahead of time every single thing you complained about is basically what makes this series this series. If u understand whats happening then its pretty easy to figure out and sorry bro if u thought the naked apron part was retarded get off because stuff like that is what makes this series enjoyable for most of the other people. Early issei isn't fun because he's a badass he's fun because he's a perv and that's what people enjoy so stop watching or watch and don't complain to us because we're tired of it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 14:48   Link #28
takai
Easy Muffin

Quality episode. I really like where the series is going so far. The appearance of this new fallen angel adds a nice twist to the end. Excited to see more.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 23:49   Link #29
kukuru

I don't see a problem with the plot, the boss speech and reaction pretty much summed up everything nicely in typical boss (gloat) fashion. If you can't connect the dots beforehand, he basically bullet points every major event for the viewers.

The LN is not to blame with this one. Sure it isn't as smooth transition and suspense being condensed , but losing the plot at this point is really...impossible.

Anyone who doesn't understand what's going on are probably still thinking of Irina's boobs.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 01:28   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
it not the same Lucifer tho , this one is the one that was appointed Lucifer , after the previous one died .. it was explained during the first season , in case you not a LN reader , in the first season they explained why she is "Lucifer" sister .. etc
It was?
Mm... mm......
(´ε`;) Can't remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Kind of the wrong series to be expecting accurate Fork Lore and Mythology. In particular Beelzebub and Leviathan were also fallen angels as well.
For some reason, Lucifer stands out as an angel, yet when I think about Beelzebub, I only remember that he is the king of flies and I think of some sea dragon for Leviathan.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 02:21   Link #31
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Oh I loved this episode During the first 3 eps, I was worried about the lack of shower scenes (that sauna doesn't count ), and I suddenly felt a weird feeling: this series actually has a story! An ecchi series with a story! What happened to the clothes that get ripped for no reason, revealing bouncy boobies? There's no story as to why girls get their top ripped across the chest, revealing glorious boobies

But then this episode came out, and I get to enjoy boobies and story. If everyone can hear me voice right now, I am so Freed for these girls. Especially Seitokaichou, ah, spank me for I am a bad man! I saw you naked in the sauna with Rias, you have to spank me! In fact, since I sinned against you and Rias, both of you spank me at once! Heck, 2 thousand spanks isn't enough, how about we get both Vice kaichou's to spank me too, 4 THOUSAND SPANKINGS HERE I COME

And I'm sorry Asia, your butt is worth grasping, but.... RIAS' NAKED APRON IT TOO MUCH I gotta rant, but you silly camera man, why you not show Rias butt more clearer? Her hair was in the way, lousy Asia butt bias cameraman

Oh, and I love Irina/Xenovia bodysuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
lol Now, I did think that too, heck I wanted to see it, but my fun was short lived once I realized something...

Remember Koneko's role? She's the Rook, she can take a beating, so spanking Koneko is like spanking a tank, you just don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Anyone who doesn't understand what's going on are probably still thinking of Irina's boobs.
I know what's going on, and I think highly of Irina's and all the others girls' boobs as well. How do we calculate that?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 05:24   Link #32
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

The lack of Koneko spanking brought tears to my eyes...
Old 2013-07-30, 06:16   Link #33
ImperialFlameGod8190

ha there's an old friend hello mangatron anywho lets face it yes DxD has a story but the plot is ignored because of the plot.... take that how u will Irinas boobs are quite lovely and Freed is kinda a freak but im a bit surprised that they haven't made a kiryuu eyecatch that will be something. but the highlight besides the spanking was the eyecatch of tsubaki that was just wow
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 06:17   Link #34
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yeah, the eyecatches have been great
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
The lack of Koneko spanking brought tears to my eyes...
Pfft, silly rabbit. Don't you know that real men don't watch Koneko getting spanked....

REAL MEN GET SPANKED BY KONEKO AAAAAAHH *mangatron is rapidly spanked by Koneko while her gloves are still on*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 11:55   Link #35
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

What I found interesting was that mom was totally supportive of the naked-apron for both girls. I almost expected her to join them.

Endless "Way to go mom!" Soul
Old 2013-07-30, 12:36   Link #36
dmaxzero

The episode´s pacing was weird, if not awkward.
Everything else ok.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 18:35   Link #37
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
What I found interesting was that mom was totally supportive of the naked-apron for both girls. I almost expected her to join them.

Endless "Way to go mom!" Soul
This made me laugh more than it probably should have.

I really enjoyed this episode again, stories getting cool and the fanservice is better. DxD <333
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 22:35   Link #38
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I know what's going on, and I think highly of Irina's and all the others girls' boobs as well. How do we calculate that?
Issei level.

But seriously the notoriously higher screen time and animation level on breasts is above and beyond. The bounce, the texture, the lighting...

It fits DxD on more then a superficial level

I really really hope they can somehow get enough volumes to do the oppai-dragon song.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 11:09   Link #39
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Lovely episode. We got to see a naked apron Asia, and we finally got to take a closer look at irina's oppai, after getting only a short glance at them in the OP and ep. 3's intermission pic. To top it off, we even get some nice action

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone from the God side appear in the anime. Like angels. (Rather, what else is on the God side except Angels? Depending on myth, I guess)
Not counting humans.

That said, considering this anime loves rooting for demons and the Satan-side, I wouldn't be surprised if God was evil or dead or the servants become demons like Asia or pretty much nothing good for that side.

PS: And last time I checked, Lucifer is supposed to be a fallen angel...
If the "God" in DxD is anything like the God in the Bible, he's a wicked, mass-murdering bastard:
Drunk with Blood: God's Killings in the Bible

Spoiler for A few examples:

Long list of God's violence in the Bible

Compared to this God, Kokabiel is still meek as a lamb.
Which gets me an idea - this God would be a great choice as the last and fiercest overfiend Issei and Co. have to battle

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-08-01 at 12:15. Reason: Linking to expicit screenshots is against the forum rules.
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:18   Link #40
GDB

That's just Old Testament, isn't it? I thought the dude chilled out once he had a kid?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote