AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 51.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 32.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-18, 07:18   Link #41
Spat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Beautiful episode! It's better than it's manga counterpart. 10 out of 10!
I second that!

btw: Hi, I'm new here!
Old 2011-05-18, 07:38   Link #42
Sumeragi
Banned

The anime version brings out the atmosphere better than the manga. The gloomy rainy season, combined with the ever-failing pursuits of Chihiro... yes, this is the best ever.
Old 2011-05-18, 08:28   Link #43
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
That. After so many crushes, it appears Chihiro's experimenting *true love* for the first time with Keima. The fact that even she is confused by this situation is a huge hint, but just the biggest of several small others. Subtleness is working great in this arc, and I'm actually happy it can expand for at least another episode, this particular story is slow and the correct way is showing it slowly.
I don't know...

Keima does sort of shine in his own twisted way.

Chihiro strikes me as a girl who really admires the people who are dedicated to their own goals. Ayumi who works so hard at Track and Field. Captain of the soccer team.

Keima who is so dedicated to his gaming... and so driven...

I think that's why she sort of lost focus while staring at him. Instead of listening to his words she was just admiring his drive and dedication to this crazy plan for her to win love.

Keima never does anything by halves, while that seems to be all Chihiro does. I can see Keima being attractive from Chihiro's perspective.

Oh, and add in that she's discovered that Keima has kissed a girl before. Girls almost always find a man more attractive if she knows other girls find him attractive.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-05-18, 08:47   Link #44
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Beautiful episode! It's better than it's manga counterpart. 10 out of 10!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spat View Post
I second that!

btw: Hi, I'm new here!
Third!! And welcome there

Pointed out before, but want to mentions here again, Chihiro seems to be the only one girl who interest in the real Keima (so far at least). For any other candidates, Keima had to fake out his acting/ playing a role for his ending before they started to interest in him. I think Chihiro is slowly taking Ayumi's spot to be my favorite character. Strangely enough, i always have soft spot for " the ordinary girl" (the other one is Nami Hito in SZS)
Old 2011-05-18, 09:56   Link #45
n120cky

I think this is will be the golden arc for this session (at least for me), there is sincerity in this arc, I mean in the past Keima has to go force his way to conquest the girl heart, but now he is helping Chihiro to confess to a guy, that's mean Keima won't be the object anymore, but it's to obvious that Chihiro feel something from Keima determination on helping her, I call that a honest love. I give 9/10 and as non manga reader I hope this arc will end beautifully.
Old 2011-05-18, 10:07   Link #46
kitten320

Yeh, for the first time he is acting himself while girl still keeps getting interested in him.
Old 2011-05-18, 11:37   Link #47
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

With so many heroines, i really don't know who gonna win the final race to Keima's heart...

But i know Chihiro have a little bit higher chance to end up marrying Keima. Why? Because the author did draw an official art of her in wedding dress , that's why ^___^
Old 2011-05-18, 12:39   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
With so many heroines, i really don't know who gonna win the final race to Keima's heart...

But i know Chihiro have a little bit higher chance to end up marrying Keima. Why? Because the author did draw an official art of her in wedding dress , that's why ^___^
I feel that girl must be versed in Otome games to get an advantage.

Hell Keima by his couching shows he can play the other team.
Old 2011-05-18, 15:08   Link #49
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know, on watching the episode a second time I thought they did a really good job in portraying Chihiro, emphasizing aspects of her personality that they did not in the manga itself. In the first season the producers really made Kanon seem more real to me, and in the second season Chihiro - previously both heroines did not make much of an impression on me. Good job to the producers!
Old 2011-05-18, 16:05   Link #50
paladinenvec

To tell you the truth i had a little mix of fear and excitement of this arc getting animated since it is one of my favorites but my hearth can rest in peace because the chapter was made beatifully it's darker but at the same time i feel Chihiro's character more than in the literary version ,they really made an incredible job this time, gotta love Ayumi's appearance her blushings make her look really cute and you can get a hearth attack just for this.
Old 2011-05-21, 04:37   Link #51
Divini
Senpai!

Yeah I can't really pinpoint what it is.

The anime makes Chihiro's arc like 10x more awesome. Animation can portray things with motion picture and sound than a manga can, and the producers of this anime do so masterfully. I almost couldn't care less for her arc compared to everyone else in the manga, in fact, the most memorable part for me was solely Ayumi's appearance. However the anime really gave her the portrayal she deserves, and I see her in a new light.
Old 2011-05-21, 12:04   Link #52
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Ahh This is the part I like about animating a manga you really like. It brings more.
I like how the arc focuses on Chihiro's depression, because that's how she really is. A person who fails at life, someone who is burning in shining lights. Kind of reminded me of myself these days. And Keima being the support to her already winning her heart.
BTW I really like the hug scene, always wanted a short haired girl to hug me like that.
Old 2011-05-21, 14:30   Link #53
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It was kinda strange to say this, but Chihiro with her smiling during the last raining screen with Keima, at some points started to looks a bit like like Kanbaru from Bakemonogatari
Old 2011-05-21, 20:25   Link #54
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A very good episode though I am guessing Keima is going to be the one who conquers Chihiro after all by how the episode went .
MAL
Old 2011-05-23, 03:09   Link #55
AzureWrath

I love this series so far. I'm watching it more as to see Keima progress as a person and this arc seems to be a big step forward for him. I think he is at least now more perceptive of the real world (well...at least how cruel it is) now than before, and he is taking time to help someone else (though for his own reasons still). Hope to see more progress from this amazing series.
Old 2011-05-23, 05:09   Link #56
Seiryuu

Chihiro's a very interesting character. Keima's an idiot not to realize that the only human without a flag is one who's already six feet under. And he's also stupid not to realize that a "real" person experiences a very potent kind of suffering that's very hard to deal with. It's like being stuck in a doldrum, those areas in the middle of the ocean where winds and currents are either nonexistent or weak and come from all directions. In the exploration and colonization eras this was like a death trap, because there's no wind or current to get you out, and you have to escape by raw manpower, but this rapidly drains the food and water supplies while exhausting everyone, until they don't have the strength to go on.

When a person's too average, things quickly can come to seem impossible. Every time a venture fails, it leaves a scar and makes it all the more painful and scary to try again, and drains their strength and will even as it decreases their attachment to their goal, so that the next time they're that much less motivated and that much less likely to get anywhere. Chihiro's life in this sense is very much like Keima's statements on reality at the start of the ep. And being great friends with a never-average ace like Ayumi doesn't help her.

Anyway, one thing I couldn't help but think: when a girl sees her crush looking at her, the last thing she sould do is drop to the floor and pull a guy down on top of her. Lying underneath a guy is not a position to show your crush.
Closed Thread