AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-08-26, 10:06   Link #421
Nosauz

Wolick... just because it's shonen doesn't mean it can't be as good as vagabond, its a genre not a description of how good the writing is. I mean quality of righting and being able to immerse your audience while entertaining them is quite plausible of shonen so I don't see the logic there. But I do understand your comment about growth. Genre does not define the actual content of the story. If so then I would never have watched pixar movies unless I was under 13. But clearly that would be a disservice to myself.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:09   Link #422
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Plus there are some really good shonen out there. Moribito for example.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:45   Link #423
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Wolick... just because it's shonen doesn't mean it can't be as good as vagabond, its a genre not a description of how good the writing is. I mean quality of righting and being able to immerse your audience while entertaining them is quite plausible of shonen so I don't see the logic there. But I do understand your comment about growth. Genre does not define the actual content of the story. If so then I would never have watched pixar movies unless I was under 13. But clearly that would be a disservice to myself.
I dont really get why Vagabond is so hyped? Its pacing is absolutely drag, it has some really boring charecters and wasted chapters. Yes it has violent and realistic sword fights what are awesome but its pretty much lacking when there is no fighting since general story telling is so bad.

Musashi is cool and Kojiro is damn awesome but otherwise I rate entire manga series as 7.

Well as for Bleach I think manga's current state is disgusting but anime team does great work on their episodes.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:47   Link #424
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually, Barry said he made his death breath slow on purpose. So it's not a plot hole but rather character derailment.
The plothole is his speed and power level. It's like he was 2nd espada just thanks to his ability, that brings a question why 9th espada with thousands of abilites was so low - because his combat abilities was so low that Rukia killed him XD

You could say that the reason why Barragan died was because of his personality, but there isn't much to choose from. Villains are usually very poorly made. The only thing that keeps them going is greed and them being evil for no reason (because if most writiers try to give such reason they turn into good guys).
However that is basic problem with manga/anime writing characters. They have cartbox personalities.
If someones seems shy then he/she is shy ALWAYS, not just to stranger. If someone like to help people then we can't expect him to hate redheads. Like a cheerful character can't have suicide thought.

You could say that Orihime was a cheerful character and then started to be all gloomy, but that's the case - she used to be a cheerful character and then her personality was replaced by emo one.
Like Naruto used to be this lovable idiot, but then his personality was changed so he could try to steel few fangirls from forever emo sasuke.
Old 2009-08-26, 10:51   Link #425
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Like Naruto used to be this lovable idiot, but then his personality was changed so he could try to steel few fangirls from forever emo sasuke.
Hey now, I think Naruto's character development is relevant to the plot. Also this.
Old 2009-08-26, 11:03   Link #426
Nosauz

Depends on what you like, if your into batman more than superman than vagabond is for you, the fous is on the anit hero whereas in bleach atm there is no focus. If your into the gritty very visceral action that musashi embodies than vagabond becomes really good, it just depends on what you like and what you expect from the work. For instance, if I read something that is mediocre that touts itself as the next best thing since sliced bread well then I'll hold it to that standard but if its goofy and knows that its just trying to get cheap laughs I'll enjoy for what it is. thats the way i see it, and for me Vagabond fits all the things it claims to be, which makes it somewhat more immersive and interesting since it meets all my expectations.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 11:06   Link #427
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Damn, just think how many characters there will be when Zero Division pops up. They are suppose to be around a dozen. People aren't removed from One Piece or Dragonball either, but at least you get the impression they are seperated there into groups. Because all other shounen have more than 3 locations. Another minus.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 11:57   Link #428
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IMO the best shounen fights belong to RAVE (Shiba VS Haru and Haru VS Lucia particularly). Travelling and switching locations is a must, even school stories get the occasional trips to museums, parks and islands for excursions.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:13   Link #429
XLilaX

Wolick... just because it's shonen doesn't mean it can't be as good as vagabond, its a genre not a description of how good the writing is. I mean quality of righting and being able to immerse your audience while entertaining them is quite plausible of shonen so I don't see the logic there.

I couldn't have said it better myself

PS
^ Hey Kafriel I like ur Avatar
Old 2009-08-26, 13:20   Link #430
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
PS
^ Hey Kafriel I like ur Avatar
You like S&M and bondage fan fics?
Old 2009-08-26, 15:10   Link #431
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
You like S&M and bondage fan fics?

OH MY GOSH NOOO!!!!!! XD !!!!!

U made me lol so hard I got in trouble from my mother!!!!!!!
Old 2009-08-27, 04:51   Link #432
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hey now, I think Naruto's character development is relevant to the plot. Also this.
But this Naruto new personality makes it too serious for its own sake. The thing that drug me in to Naruto was Harem no Jutsu, and now with serious and deep-in-thought main character any scene like this will seem forced.

Also on Sasuke's part: Sasuke's past as you mention is the thing that makes him Emo. I would understand him just being caution with his emotion, but he goes too far with it - to this imaginary manga stereotype when your neutral face nearly doesn't look too much diffrent from your suprised or in pain face. Unless someone rip his lungh off then he'd only open his eyes widther.
This goes for Hitsugaya too.
Spoiler for quite big pictures:

Emo doesn't stand for Emotional, it's the lack of it.

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-08-27 at 05:56.
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 06:24   Link #433
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
But this Naruto new personality makes it too serious for its own sake. The thing that drug me in to Naruto was Harem no Jutsu, and now with serious and deep-in-thought main character any scene like this will seem forced.
Oh come on. It got serious at the start of part 2. You telling me the Hidan and Kakuzu arc wasn't serious?

Quote:
Also on Sasuke's part: Sasuke's past as you mention is the thing that makes him Emo. I would understand him just being caution with his emotion, but he goes too far with it - to this imaginary manga stereotype when your neutral face nearly doesn't look too much diffrent from your suprised or in pain face. Unless someone rip his lungh off then he'd only open his eyes widther.
This goes for Hitsugaya too.
Spoiler for quite big pictures:

Emo doesn't stand for Emotional, it's the lack of it.
I thought emo just involved being angsty.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:38   Link #434
roriconfan
Banned

Yeah, emo means being cynical and pesimistic with everything. And it's a f*cked up trent of rich societies, where young people have everything they want and are bored to death. Sasuke is not really emo. He has lost everything.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:44   Link #435
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, emo means being cynical and pesimistic with everything. And it's a f*cked up trent of rich societies, where young people have everything they want and are bored to death. Sasuke is not really emo. He has lost everything.
I think its more appropriate to call him a person who fails to express any emotion other than anger.

Hitsugaya is just trying to be an adult by acting serious all the time.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 06:48   Link #436
roriconfan
Banned

Hitsugaya is one century old and is supposed to be a leader of an important team. He is not rushing to grow up. He is trying not to grow up, unlike Kenpachi's girl.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:48   Link #437
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Thats goth, emo is kind of different.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:50   Link #438
roriconfan
Banned

^ No, it's goth but with more trendy clothes and wrist cutting as an accessory.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:50   Link #439
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Hitsugaya is one century old and is supposed to be a leader of an important team. He is not rushing to grow up. He is trying not to grow up, unlike Kenpachi's girl.
Which is why he constantly insists on people calling him Captain and notbeing called childish names and constantly being serious andbeing no fun at all even Byakuya has a little fun. He doesnt like to be treated like a kid for the very reason he wants people to think he is an adult.

He is simply a pup in the middle of wolves

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 06:54   Link #440
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Wolves with stupidity instead of fangs.