AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-23, 09:20   Link #41
Rem Margot
Darling bud of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I have read some of the manga. I am not "guessing" at anything. I have no interest in discussing this any further with you.
I understand, thanks for humouring me with the debate.
Rem Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 11:34   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

After seeing episode three I have to say if those two scenes were considered "fan-service" then the definition of fan-service is being taken to a rediculous level. This show is definitely not for those who see "fan-service" in every flash of a female underwear even if they are somehow necessary to advance the plot. There were nothing sexual about those two scenes, rather they were as natural as life. Over analyzing can ruin any good show.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 04:20   Link #43
Iron Monkey

Hmm, after watching the 4th episode, I'm feeling kind of bad. Is it wrong for me to enjoy this show? I feel kinda guilty watching it. The whole premise just seems so.....wrong? (oh why did they HAVE to make them blood related brother and sister?)

On a side note, I'd just like to say that I think the opening song is very good. The ending song, I'm not so fond of. The singer has a real annoying voice. In fact, it sounds like the same person who sang the Scrapped Princess ending song.

Oh, and
Spoiler:
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:42   Link #44
Anji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
Hmm, after watching the 4th episode, I'm feeling kind of bad. Is it wrong for me to enjoy this show? I feel kinda guilty watching it. The whole premise just seems so.....wrong? (oh why did they HAVE to make them blood related brother and sister?)

On a side note, I'd just like to say that I think the opening song is very good. The ending song, I'm not so fond of. The singer has a real annoying voice. In fact, it sounds like the same person who sang the Scrapped Princess ending song.

Oh, and
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:49   Link #45
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:

If you can watch a show that is very real and too good to be true then bare with it. You will enjoy if you like situation and character analysis. No supernatural high school fighting, no magic, no pantsu, no humour but BOND and FEELING this is a challenge for one to enjoy a good show.

Blood-related situation is the very key of this story. How a cold-hearted but weak guy handle his confusing mind with a step-in of an innocent yet lovely sister. It is very interesting.

I do not find the voice of ED singer is annoying. She has her own unique voice and I will collect that CD when it is released next month.

Spoiler:
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:58   Link #46
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
...The ending song, I'm not so fond of. The singer has a real annoying voice. In fact, it sounds like the same person who sang the Scrapped Princess ending song...
Correct, it's Masumi Itou, who also sang on the Azumanga Daioh OP and ED, the Haibane Renmei ED and the Mahou Shoujo Neko Taruto OP... she seems to get a fair amount of work. I always like the shows that she has a song on, and I always like the songs.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 11:55   Link #47
Za Paper

Quote:
Oh, and
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 15:58   Link #48
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Spoiler:
lol, when I saw the episode a few days ago I was already unsure of what exactly he was doing.... I'm still praying it was just crying. I was already disturbed enough with otehr parts of the episode
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 16:23   Link #49
Broccoli

Quote:
Oh, and
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 17:21   Link #50
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karala
lol, when I saw the episode a few days ago I was already unsure of what exactly he was doing.... I'm still praying it was just crying. I was already disturbed enough with otehr parts of the episode
Yeah, this episode went a little further than I had expected from the show.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 21:42   Link #51
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I didn't know what the heck he was doing nor did I care to find out. I just thought he was crying. Oh well, now that I read these posts, there goes my innocent thought. ^_^;

I enjoy the anime so far. I don't have a problem with the content not because I'm an open minded person who would accept something like this if I ever come across in real life but because I think it's a good story and I can imagine the situation happening in real life under the circumstances. (On the other hand, I can't say the same about 'Midori no Hibi' cough cough). I do see Koikaze as a 'slice-of-life' anime. It's undramatic and slow. Reason why I like it just like how much I enjoyed 'Whisper of the Heart' and 'Only Yesterday'. The feel is somewhat similar. Anyhow, the ED song does remind me of the ED from Scrapped Princess. I wonder if the previews are used to downplay the 'drama' side of it. ("I'm so sorry I sniffed...") That gave me a laugh and suddenly his guilty action doesn't seem so bad anymore. Maybe it's just me.

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 03:49   Link #52
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karala
Spoiler:

________
VAPORGENIE REVIEWS

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:08.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 06:04   Link #53
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
The anime tones down a talk-of-the-town scene in episode 4. See it then you know which one. It is natural for that behaviour when you have a lot of conflicts in your head.
That was the scene I mentioned earlier. As I said, he did not cry but...
Spoiler:

For manga collectors, as of today www.amazon.co.jp has all 4 volumes in stock. Search for 恋風. It is good to get all 4 volumes in one shipment.

I am wondering who will take care of this huge collection.

Last edited by HaRoRuleZ; 2004-04-28 at 06:42.
Old 2004-04-29, 17:21   Link #54
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
That was the scene I mentioned earlier. As I said, he did not cry but...
Spoiler:

For manga collectors, as of today www.amazon.co.jp has all 4 volumes in stock. Search for 恋風. It is good to get all 4 volumes in one shipment.

I am wondering who will take care of this huge collection.
Yeah, I guess he wasn't cry... too bad, I really really was hoping that was all.... but I have a very strong feeling to start with that it wasn't, and now there's just too much evidence against the crying scenario O_O *sigh* Oh well.
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:28   Link #55
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Koikaze Live Action Parody

Some people are having fun. Let's see.

Koshiro & Nanoka, Main Page

That site does not allow direct link to the sub pages. There are three more links from the main page inside contents section. Click them from there to see below scenes.

Koshiro - http://koikaze.angeltale.net/images/kuro.html
Platform Scene - http://koikaze.angeltale.net/images/01.html
Last Scene of OP - http://koikaze.angeltale.net/images/oploke.html
Old 2004-04-30, 15:31   Link #56
Killerattacks

@Harorulez

Wow this is very amazing. Is it just something some people made for fun or will it be a live action? Cause it looks really professional.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 02:03   Link #57
MrBrown

I've red the manga, and I quite enjoyed it. I think the author handles it well, considering how difficult the subject of love between a brother and sister is. It never gets disgusting, which I think alot of stories like this could easily get... Neither does it try to preach one way or the other, it just represents a somewhat unnerving but very believable story, it's characters, and their decisions.

The anime isn't bad either. I also like Nanoka's seiyuu.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 09:26   Link #58
marin

OMG he really was masturbating?

Ewww... I didn't want to think that...

I think someone pointed out the kleenex thing to me, but I just thought he would need kleenex if he was crying.

Because, I mean, he was throwing it away in the trash can, right?

And I mean, he wouldn't just throw it away if it was... well...

Do guys really do that? Just throw it in the trash can?

Ewwwww...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 08:50   Link #59
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
OMG he really was masturbating?

Ewww... I didn't want to think that...

I think someone pointed out the kleenex thing to me, but I just thought he would need kleenex if he was crying.

Because, I mean, he was throwing it away in the trash can, right?

And I mean, he wouldn't just throw it away if it was... well...

Do guys really do that? Just throw it in the trash can?

Ewwwww...
Well I'll have to rewatch and see if he was only crying...

and no we don't just throw it in the trash can, we it them lol... of course we do, at least i do
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 10:02   Link #60
divert
Yanime Editor

It was pretty obvious he was doing something 'down there' because he pulls his pants up after he stands up.
divert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen