AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-26, 21:19   Link #281
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched the trailer...
Drolling...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 23:38   Link #282
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If peoples keep stressing on the fan disservice, they are certainly NOT gonna enjoy this.

You have 2 choices.
1) Watch and enjoy.
2) Watch and dont annoy other peoples enjoyment.

All I asked is this kind of respond ..
Quote:
And if I start seeing this kind..
Quote:
#@!!!@#%
You can expect some respond in personal

Its getting very very very annoying lately.. Watching a series is a choice, and peoples expect to enjoy a series .. If you dont enjoy one, then stop watching.. but dont try to lessen the enjoyment that some peoples had by bitching incessantly.

/rant
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 02:36   Link #283
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

The only fan disservice I came across is a panty-shot of a zombie...
Circlebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 03:01   Link #284
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
On fanservice, anyone who have actually read the manga don't find it as distracting as others makes it to be once you are caught in the story. Speaking from personal experience and words from rl friends. So yeah, I am deeply sorry that HoTD is not kosher when it comes to fanservice.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 06:46   Link #285
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I don't care if the fanservice isn't Kosher. I didn't really read the manga for fan service.

I watched it to see crazy survivalists going up against fucking zombies.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 07:42   Link #286
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Let us establish one thing before this sidetracks the thread too much (And it is hardly a new issue ...) - in the grand scheme of things, we welcome diversity of opinion. We are a discussion forum first and foremost, and do not limit the discussion to posts who have nothing but positive things to say about a title. While i know it can be annoying to see someone expressing negative opinion over something you personally enjoy, such is the name of the game - all we have are our subjective opinions on any topic at hand, and this is a place to share them, so long as they are relevant for the topic. Which is to say, AS is a discussion forum, and discussion is there to stay.
Old 2010-05-27, 08:38   Link #287
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Respectable argument is always good for discussion.. however, annoying relentlessly touching on the same subject which is clearly part and parcel of the series are simply trolling.

I simply dont get it when peoples who a clearly have a choice to drop a series which clearly annoys them yet still watching them.. just so you could trashed it in an internet forum, all while pissing other peoples who somehow able to appreciate the series on its merit.. be it story, or fanservice or what not.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 08:52   Link #288
Velsy

I was looking forward to this, until I watched the trailer and the ecci from it turned me off. I dont know if I am going to watch it anymore. It feels like its going to be frustrating to watch. It's the first zombie/infected anime I've heard off so I was hoping for something good.

I mean, if you've watch the trailer to the game Left for dead.. Now how awesome was that trailer! didnt that get the heart beating without the fanservice O_O

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:07   Link #289
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
On fanservice, anyone who have actually read the manga don't find it as distracting as others makes it to be once you are caught in the story.
My existence seems to prove that statement wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
You can expect some respond in personal
Major need to chill out. Read Skyfall's post again and just accept those type of posts. If you hate it so much, just IGNORE it. The only one really trolling is you when they are talking about the series while you are just dealing out threats on their opinions.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:01   Link #290
Belial13

this looks very good, hope it does not disapoint
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 15:58   Link #291
Scython

Let's hope the anime at least tries to give you a feeling that the characters are killable. Drama is the key-word in this kind of apocalyptic situation.

Wouldn't mind to see a few get killed off along the way either.
You know, like 'I will drive this truck with the alarms & lights on to attract the attention of the zombies while crashing into a shelter after which I will blow myself up , so they can carry on :'-) *dramatic musikz*''

Like a real survival story should be.

Last edited by Scython; 2010-05-28 at 13:03.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 16:49   Link #292
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I was looking forward to this, until I watched the trailer and the ecci from it turned me off. I dont know if I am going to watch it anymore. It feels like its going to be frustrating to watch. It's the first zombie/infected anime I've heard off so I was hoping for something good.

I mean, if you've watch the trailer to the game Left for dead.. Now how awesome was that trailer! didnt that get the heart beating without the fanservice O_O
Mate, I think you fail to understand the origins of this story. I mean, it's based off an ecchi manga, of course it's going to be an ecchi anime!

And I for one cannot bloody wait.

Bring on the apocalypse!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:32   Link #293
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Mate, I think you fail to understand the origins of this story. I mean, it's based off an ecchi manga, of course it's going to be an ecchi anime!

And I for one cannot bloody wait.

Bring on the apocalypse!
lol I think everyone needs to take a page outta your book when they come to sit down and watch this

I think it's pretty much like "HoTD without the fanvice is like Naruto without Ninjas"
You just couldn't see it it working any other way

But yea bring on the apocalypse!
Old 2010-05-27, 19:41   Link #294
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I read the posts, at least from the recent page at this thread.

What I can say is the following:

Many of us are hyped about this title because for those who have read the manga (like myself, included) and the looks of the trailer, this happens to seemingly be a serious show about true zombies; an all-out apocalypse.

The problem that some of you have to resent about HOTD is the use of fanservice.

I'll be polite as possible and refrain absolutely from rudeness or an inappropiate tone while expressing my views.

1. First of all, HOTD is an upcoming anime adapted from the manga of the same name. This title wasn't conceived by any American or European person; this is not a Hollywood production; and though the resemblance with the title bears a little similarity to a coincidental level with the titles of Romeros' films, I Absolutely doubt that George Romero had any involvement whatsoever with HOTD.

What I got to say is that HOTD being both anime and manga as well is bound to the conventions that rule the genres for both anime and manga productions.

The usage of fanservice could not be averted for the following reasons:
a) The publisher magazine and/or the anime studio viewed fanservice as a mean to lure as many viewers as possible into this series, and those viewers mainly are composed of otaku men above 20 years-old.

b) Maybe the original authors of the manga wanted to add fanservice to the manga. Hence, the fanservice in the anime, because the anime is adapted from and follows the manga.

2. In Western world cinematography, is their any rule or convention that forbids the use or display of sexual situations in zombie films? Whatever rules do Western films are bound to, Japanese anime and manga are Not bound by them but by their own conventions.

Hence, I find it both logical and natural the use or need to include fanservice in this show, because from my POV and common sense this production is an anime.

Of course, you're free to disagree with me in all the points that I've laid in this post for the simple fact that darker and serious stories such as the caliber of HOTD have to remain with serious contents regardless of their genre, country of origin, and cultural conventions.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:39   Link #295
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I am not sure why you brought up the west VS east implications there, i don't think anyone is confused about where the show comes from (And western shows have plenty of fanservice as well, for all that it matters to the subject at hand). It is not really all that relevant either (The reason why fanservice is included in the way it is - obviously plenty of people like it so it boosts sales) when discussing how one perceives it - understanding something isn't directly related to how one feels about a particular subject.

Personally, i have nothing against fanservice, and have watched more shows of the genre than one can shake a stick at. I can appreciate risque content featuring female anatomy just as much as i can appreciate a courageous display of manliness when someone throws their life on the line in the name of what he believes in and wants to protect. What i am saying is, i don't believe the two work very well together on screen at the same time. (Not to be confused with having both elements in the same show). At least they don't for me, much as i find comedy chibi moments inserted in the middle of an otherwise serious scene to be jarring as well. I find both clashing against each other in terms of mood, and dragging the overall impact down.

Of course, it is premature of me to judge anything here as the anime has yet to air after all, but going by the trailer i do believe the danger of encountering a dramatic speech from one of the female leads about their dark times and how they must steel themselves for what is to come, all the while camera is zooming in to her backside from a downwards angle, to be fairly real Contrary to what some people seem to assume, at least for me personally, this won't be something that makes or breaks the show. Far from it. But such things do detract from the experience for me personally (As they say, there is a time and place for everything), so that is my opinion (and hope) on the matter - fanservice is fine, but i would hope it stays out of the moments when the mood is aiming to be at its serious.
Old 2010-05-28, 03:00   Link #296
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I read the manga - it's crap.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 03:53   Link #297
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I read the manga - it's crap.
Careful, you might anger the rabid fans of HSOTD.
Old 2010-05-28, 04:16   Link #298
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well if you not like ecchii, yes its crap indeed
But for me the manga can combined fanservice and plot intensity with really good.
Old 2010-05-28, 04:31   Link #299
ZODDGUTS

Duh. This series is a mix of fanservice, action and gore, people expecting any sort of a deep storyline won't see it here. Just pure fun.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 05:10   Link #300
seiftis
~defying fate

I'm not too fond of fanservice, but since it has Sawashiro Miyuki... automatically on my watch list.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse