AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 15:39   Link #2101
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Ease up! The beginning is somehow seems like a lackluster but later you'll find some really badass scenes. Anyways, if you don't want to, I think XerBlade uploaded the whole HF route to Youtube(except H-scenes). You can watch it there instead then.
It's faster and have less wear on the mind.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:43   Link #2102
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
It's not even that. I just don't want to play it at all. I have no energy for it, or wish to get to the awesome scenes with Shirou. I feel like I went full circle with Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, so I don't want to do anything more. Which I know is wrong, since Heaven's Feel has a lot of things the other two didn't have, but I just have no interest in playing through it.
Old 2010-07-14, 15:45   Link #2103
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
It's got more Rider... which the other paths seriously lacked. It also brings up the point that Rider could've won the war with minimal effort, too.
Old 2010-07-14, 15:47   Link #2104
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

There's that. More Rider is definitely not a bad thing at all.
Old 2010-07-14, 16:46   Link #2105
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
and? He sacrificed what made him who he was to save someone, making that out of character for him. Fate he absolutely refuses to budge, no matter what; UBW he understands some compromise is needed, HF he just drops them to get laid.
First off, he didn't need to do anything to get laid. Secondly, I can't blame him for changing his ideal. I know a lot of emphasis was put on it, but there was also a lot of emphasis on the pain it could cause. Archer in UBW is Fate's Shirou and because he upheld his ideal, he went through so much pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Seriously, in HF Shirou became even more awesome and to add sane at least. He learned to have some damn integrity and think about himself a bit more. It's ironic that despite those facts he became more suicidal...but it's more thanks to the plot.
His character has great variation in the different routes. This was my first VN and I loved how little things changed so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It's not even that. I just don't want to play it at all. I have no energy for it, or wish to get to the awesome scenes with Shirou. I feel like I went full circle with Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, so I don't want to do anything more. Which I know is wrong, since Heaven's Feel has a lot of things the other two didn't have, but I just have no interest in playing through it.
Yeah, the beginning was iffy and later on I just raged, but then I had to finish it because I always finish what I start. However, you do learn more about the three families, the history of the Holy Grail, and other stuff. It might be different for you though since I am a hypocrite with reverse standards in regards to a female's past.
Old 2010-07-15, 10:31   Link #2106
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Let's ask you this. Say you are strongly against taking the life of another to such an extent that you will never kill. It is so strong, that it is woven into your morality, so you therefore believe with everything you are that it is wrong to kill. If you were to abandon that ideal, you would be abandoning who you are.

Shiro believed that he could truly save everyone and become a hero of justice, and just up and abandons the ideal without any deliberation, which NO ONE is able to do if they have a strong sense of morality. That is one thing that I despise about that path.
Old 2010-07-15, 11:59   Link #2107
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't' think he changed right away, there was some process. But what about his reason for doing it? Does that count at all?
Old 2010-07-15, 12:07   Link #2108
kakakka

Quote:
Ugh, well, this is bad. I'm only on the beginning of Heaven's Feel and can't even find the urge to play through it. My interest in it is just dead, completely. I feel like I played through the game completely with Fate and Unlimited Blade Works. I know I should play Heaven's Feel for the full experience, but I can't even force myself to do it.
Same with what happened to me.

I think it was only some months after before I pick it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
He learned to have some damn integrity and think about himself a bit more.
Funny you mentioned. For me, I definitely felt that Shirou in HF has less integrity...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 12:15   Link #2109
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't' think he changed right away, there was some process. But what about his reason for doing it? Does that count at all?
Not really, the reason was directly related to him getting laid, which isn't a very good reason.
Old 2010-07-15, 12:29   Link #2110
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Not really, the reason was directly related to him getting laid, which isn't a very good reason.
How was it directly related? He made his choice before he got any so it's not like that skewed his decision.

I am amazed that I am defending Heaven's Feel while disliking it so much.
Old 2010-07-15, 14:55   Link #2111
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Same with what happened to me.

I think it was only some months after before I pick it up again.
Well, I don't want to wait that long since I'd prefer to get it all finished in one shot, plus my boyfriend went and completed the full game in.... about 24 hours or so nonstop, I believe, I have to double check with him. I'd like to be able to finish them relatively soon to one each other so things add up for me easier.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:00   Link #2112
Flinch
Onii-chan~

In all honesty, that situation could be broken down easily. Here's a plague, its infected someone you care deeply for, now you have two choices. Destroy it and the person you care about, or save it and run the risk of causing thousands to die.

Humans with a weak will will believe that everything will be okay if they save the life, which won't ever happen. The only realistic and practical thing to do would be to destroy them both. Chalk up an ideal that demands saving thousands over one person, it's not even worth considering what the proper action would be.

THAT is the primary reason why I don't like HF, and I also don't like Worm-chan at all, either.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:01   Link #2113
kakakka

Quote:
Well, I don't want to wait that long since I'd prefer to get it all finished in one shot...
Well, it's not about the waiting, but its just the mood.

Anyway, it's really shocking for me that someone did completed the game around 24 hours.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:02   Link #2114
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I powered through Fate in about 2 days... I didn't do much else. Ah, getting home at 1 and sleeping at 2, just to wake back up at 6... those were two amazing days.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:03   Link #2115
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Anyway, it's really shocking for me that someone did completed the game around 24 hours.
It's either he completed the whole game in 24 hours because he played through nonstop, or he completed the Fate route in 24 hours. I don't honestly remember which.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:05   Link #2116
Flinch
Onii-chan~

only fate, I've done that. Then again, if you do that, your mind is fried and you can't think about anything else for a few days.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:08   Link #2117
kakakka

Eventhough I loved Fate and UBW, I really can't urge myself to sit and spend my whole time going all through the routes.

It' took me 1 or 2 months to finish the two routes (with breaks and route skips)
Old 2010-07-15, 15:10   Link #2118
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Confirm? I don't think that's possible.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 15:11   Link #2119
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Confirm? I don't think that's possible.
I'd have to double check with my boyfriend, I can't recall if he completed the whole game in 24 hours (I know he did it in one sitting) or if it was the Fate route he completed in 24 hours. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:16   Link #2120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
In all honesty, that situation could be broken down easily. Here's a plague, its infected someone you care deeply for, now you have two choices. Destroy it and the person you care about, or save it and run the risk of causing thousands to die.

Humans with a weak will will believe that everything will be okay if they save the life, which won't ever happen. The only realistic and practical thing to do would be to destroy them both. Chalk up an ideal that demands saving thousands over one person, it's not even worth considering what the proper action would be.

THAT is the primary reason why I don't like HF, and I also don't like Worm-chan at all, either.
I bet other people would condemn Shirou for choosing the world over his love. I guess it's just view point.

Quote:
I'd have to double check with my boyfriend, I can't recall if he completed the whole game in 24 hours (I know he did it in one sitting) or if it was the Fate route he completed in 24 hours. Sorry for the confusion.
It had to be Fate. It is impossible to do all three routes in that time. Well, it is possible but I don't think he could read that fast.

My game clock is like 4 days but I got up to do something so many times it's probably 3. Time wise, it took me a month I would say.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel