AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 37 47.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 34.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-30, 20:24   Link #81
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is it possible that Momoka is actually Mario(minus the hat)? And she was still dead/ unconcious for the past 16 years (probably was preserved in a tank or some sort) ,that's why she couldn't grow

The only character Ringo hasn't seen the face yet. And unlike the older Natsume, Mario does not have the habit to walk around and expose her identity so easily

Btw, it seems Tabuki is also emotionally scared deeply by the incident (due to waiting for him, she caught the later train and was killed). And there's also that injury on his hands (probably from trying too hard to open a door or something).This might not be the carefree teacher that we thought that he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
No one saw the reference at 3:00 ?
Dragon quest IV : 12 :

http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Maya
Where is this reference? The penguin's cover book? I thought it's just random Indian girl?
Old 2011-09-30, 20:32   Link #82
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
- Momoka's body was never found. Looking forward to that becoming important in 5-10 episodes.

The anime never did outwardly state what Tabuki true profession is, or what he even does in his spare time, otherwise i'd immediately pin him as the necromancer... or Frankenstein.
Old 2011-09-30, 20:35   Link #83
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Is it possible that Momoka is actually Mario(minus the hat)? And she was still dead/ unconcious for the past 16 years (probably was preserved in a tank or some sort) ,that's why she couldn't grow.
Mario is boy though.
Old 2011-09-30, 20:37   Link #84
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Not really following the sub-forum, but two quick notes:
  • Finally! it took them 11 episodes to return to the incest from the first episode... fabulous MAX
  • My theory about Ringo reliving Momoka's romance with TakeruTabuki was blown to pieces since they were in elementary school when she died... WTF?! How the Hell Ringo is under the impression the the PinkPengu(in) DiaryDrum is her sister's diary.
And some random facts:
  • Daddy was in Antartica with those penguins in a photo.
  • '95 refers to Aun Shin-something sharin attack in the subway?
  • bunnies >>> penguins
  • What were those scars on TakeruTabuki's fingers
  • What is this obsession with Japanese and fate, every other anime, movie I watch, half, plus the cast is angsting about it!

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-09-30 at 21:09. Reason: Tabuki <- Takeru
Old 2011-09-30, 20:39   Link #85
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mario is boy though.
Maybe Momoka's outlook is really tomboyish...

Still i can't believe this Mario is a boy,long eyeslashes, medium cut, small faces, wearing high heels.A family of high class stalker...eh..i means love hunter, and cross-dresser?
Old 2011-09-30, 20:45   Link #86
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
The anime never did outwardly state what Tabuki true profession is, or what he even does in his spare time, otherwise i'd immediately pin him as the necromancer... or Frankenstein.
I am confused...Tabuki is Sho & Kan's homeroom teacher and he is obsessed with bird watching.

Of course I could also see Tabuku plotting revenge for Momoka on the side as well. It's always the types you would least expect....
Old 2011-09-30, 21:06   Link #87
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Of course I could also see Tabuku plotting revenge for Momoka on the side as well. It's always the types you would least expect....
Tabuki's lines at the end of the flashback seem to be the same as Kanba's, so I think he's not looking for revenge, but rather is trying to revive Momoka somehow.
Old 2011-09-30, 21:35   Link #88
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Tabuki's lines at the end of the flashback seem to be the same as Kanba's, so I think he's not looking for revenge, but rather is trying to revive Momoka somehow.
That would be my guess, assuming he's involved at all. At this point it would almost be amusing if he isn't.

The revival power itself might be what PotC is trying to prevent, as counter-intuitive as that might seem, given Himari's condition (can we agree that being dead is a "condition" in Penguindrum?)

Maybe it's not the power being used by the wrong people that she wants them to stop, it's using the power at all. Consider the Mary allegory: Mary is the shepherd/parent to the lambs, and commits an almost literally Promethean sin, resulting in punishment by the goddess. If that sin was the attack, and the code name of "survival strategy" is relevant -- which it may be given the involvement of Momoka and her curiously disaster-proof diary -- then it's possible that there was someone or something that the parents wanted to save. Maybe the miracle comes with a price. They've all but said that Himari's brief recovery came from sacrificing some of Kanba's life.
Old 2011-09-30, 21:49   Link #89
Kirarakim

Random...but I've been reading some blogs and I have seen mention of cloning: both in the context of one of the twins being a clone and the reason we saw the father twice in that one scene because the other one was also a clone.
Old 2011-09-30, 22:16   Link #90
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow, that was a great ep. This is getting more and more interesting.
Old 2011-09-30, 23:53   Link #91
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
That would be my guess, assuming he's involved at all. At this point it would almost be amusing if he isn't.

The revival power itself might be what PotC is trying to prevent, as counter-intuitive as that might seem, given Himari's condition (can we agree that being dead is a "condition" in Penguindrum?)

Maybe it's not the power being used by the wrong people that she wants them to stop, it's using the power at all. Consider the Mary allegory: Mary is the shepherd/parent to the lambs, and commits an almost literally Promethean sin, resulting in punishment by the goddess. If that sin was the attack, and the code name of "survival strategy" is relevant -- which it may be given the involvement of Momoka and her curiously disaster-proof diary -- then it's possible that there was someone or something that the parents wanted to save. Maybe the miracle comes with a price. They've all but said that Himari's brief recovery came from sacrificing some of Kanba's life.
i'm inclined to agree--i definitely think the parents wanted a miracle of their own, the question is what.

not to mention i wonder what happend to the parents. i don't think they're dead--fugitives maybe? idk.

and then there's their mother. was she directly involved with the attack?

Quote:
Random...but I've been reading some blogs and I have seen mention of cloning: both in the context of one of the twins being a clone and the reason we saw the father twice in that one scene because the other one was also a clone.
yeah, the dad (and dad look-a-like) looked too eerily similar to just be related. unless they're identical twins?
Old 2011-10-01, 00:30   Link #92
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
i'm inclined to agree--i definitely think the parents wanted a miracle of their own, the question is what.

not to mention i wonder what happend to the parents. i don't think they're dead--fugitives maybe? idk.

and then there's their mother. was she directly involved with the attack?
Considering she had just given birth when the father gave the go-ahead for the attack, I very much doubt she was directly involved in said attack. ;p

Someone needs to re-watch all the earlier episodes to see if adult Tabuki has those gnarly scars on his fingers that young Tabuki had in this episode. I assume the scars are going to play a role in some way, and aren't just some stylistic whim, which would indicate Tabuki isn't just some whimsical teacher/stalker's obsession in this story. His steely determination in that flashback also really makes you wonder how much of an act current Tabuki is and how much is the real him. I mean, sure...in real life, things one does in childhood rarely translate to adulthood, but this is anime, so I'm fairly certain that behind adult Tabuki is a Tabuki who's still intent on changing Momoko's fate, which makes you wait in suspense for the other shoe to drop on Yui and this whole engagement thing.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-01, 00:59   Link #93
YayPepsi

Quote:
Someone needs to re-watch all the earlier episodes to see if adult Tabuki has those gnarly scars on his fingers that young Tabuki had in this episode.
As far as I can tell, he doesn't. I didn't rewatch all the scenes but in the scenes I did rewatch, his hands were normal.

Here's some screenshots: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ormalhands.png
Old 2011-10-01, 01:15   Link #94
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post
As far as I can tell, he doesn't. I didn't rewatch all the scenes but in the scenes I did rewatch, his hands were normal.

And the plot thickens!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-01, 01:48   Link #95
EroKing

Well since we are on the topic of cloning it's possible Tabuki might have one too. One with those scars and one without.
Old 2011-10-01, 02:20   Link #96
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post

Oh they showed his hands alright, just never the palm. That kind of scar can only be caused if you were pulling / dangling off something sharp.
Old 2011-10-01, 02:26   Link #97
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Oh they showed his hands alright, just never the palm. That kind of scar can only be caused if you were pulling / dangling off something sharp.
Or something really hot?

But then i thought the skin at your palm heal very quickly (especially at such young age) that no scar should remain?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-10-01 at 03:24.
Old 2011-10-01, 02:34   Link #98
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I guess I'm totally lost as to what the palms have to do with anything. I thought we were talking about the gnarly scars he had around his fingers as a child.

Spoiler for Gnarly Tabuki Scars:
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-01, 02:45   Link #99
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I guess I'm totally lost as to what the palms have to do with anything. I thought we were talking about the gnarly scars he had around his fingers as a child.

Spoiler for Gnarly Tabuki Scars:
Maybe he still has the scars but they only show on the palm side.
Old 2011-10-01, 03:02   Link #100
kobun

I want to mention some wild ideas.. Any connection to evangelion? First thing that poped in to my head was that anatartca photo. Evangelion pre mired in 1995! pen pen is. A penguin! Clones rebirth ??
Closed Thread