AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 05:11   Link #1261
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

It's been reported that the patch actually breaks elemental and poison/disease resistance. Has anyone else found this? I got on this morning, downloaded the update and was raperized by an Ancient Dragon when normally I don't have any issues, so the elemental resistance seems to have at least some truth to it.

On the plus side, if anyone was struggling to become a vampire, now's a good time to do it XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 06:37   Link #1262
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally !

SkyUI

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Coming soon !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 07:26   Link #1263
lightbringer
M9000

Wow, that looks like an awesome improvement. Was gonna ask how the hell they managed that but I see from that thread that they decompiled the Flash interface movies, good thing Skyrim uses Scaleform.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 08:05   Link #1264
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
It's been reported that the patch actually breaks elemental and poison/disease resistance. Has anyone else found this? I got on this morning, downloaded the update and was raperized by an Ancient Dragon when normally I don't have any issues, so the elemental resistance seems to have at least some truth to it.

On the plus side, if anyone was struggling to become a vampire, now's a good time to do it XD
Yup don't update it can also restart your whole game :s but if you do update you will get free dragons flying backwards!

When i turned my xbox on and i saw the update the first thing i did was decline it and search the internet for information about it...i gues i made the right decision

A quote from someone on the official bethesda forum
Quote:
So my Khajiit Character now dies after a one hit kill against any magic attacks. I mean I hear the sound of a magic attack, and I'm flying across the room dead from one hit.

This is completely ridiculous. I can not fight anyone even with low magic. I die either in one hit or few hits. Each hit is taking over 200 hit points. I use to stand up the magic based characters well, now I can't even face them. One hit of any dragon attack and I'm dead.

This has completely broken my game.
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 08:13   Link #1265
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

good thing PC gets stuff after Xbox, thanks for beta testing guys
Old 2011-11-30, 08:16   Link #1266
User190323
Disabled By Request

I'm getting the feeling that they didnt test this patch at all
Old 2011-11-30, 08:23   Link #1267
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieHond View Post
I'm getting the feeling that they didnt test this patch at all
What? This is Bethesda we are talking about. Of course they didn't test it

Seriously, an Ancient Dragon's breath (which they always start with) of any element is one-shotting my Dunmer on Master. On Expert it takes almost the entire health bar too. Even on Novice it takes about half off each breath attack. Crazy.

Did I happen to mention Ancient Dragons attack more frequently now post-patch?

EDIT: As I type this, I walk into Falkreath. Two Ancient Dragons attacking the city. I'll be uninstalling that patch now.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:26   Link #1268
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

@Stiletto yes, you can join the bard college in Solitude. I haven't actually played through their missions but they send you on a quest to retrieve some item as a prerequisite to joining.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. ^^

Quote:
Wut. WHUT. ಠ_ಠ
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 08:50   Link #1269
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
As I type this, I walk into Falkreath. Two Ancient Dragons attacking the city. I'll be uninstalling that patch now.
Don't you have to delete everything(from skyrim) then from your xbox/ps3 hdd ?

damn you bethesda for releasing this patch now!! i was just about to play skyrim for the rest of the freaking day
Old 2011-11-30, 08:57   Link #1270
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
What? This is Bethesda we are talking about. Of course they didn't test it

Seriously, an Ancient Dragon's breath (which they always start with) of any element is one-shotting my Dunmer on Master. On Expert it takes almost the entire health bar too. Even on Novice it takes about half off each breath attack. Crazy.

EDIT: As I type this, I walk into Falkreath. Two Ancient Dragons attacking the city. I'll be uninstalling that patch now.
I'm level 51 with some ridiculous magic resist gears and it's still taking 90% of my health in one hit. It's ridiculous. I can interrupt its attack if it's on the ground and I land a shield bash at the right time. But I suck at aiming with dragonrend when it's flying over my head while spitting fire/frost.

3 blood dragons at the same time is even easier (happened once at Winterhold) than 1 ancient dragon in master.

But I like ancient dragons. They look more delicious than other dragons.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 10:15   Link #1271
User190323
Disabled By Request

Aside from the bugs and stuff i found this trailer and i really hope we can also play skyrim like this

It would be sooo awesome to have Japanese voices in the game!!!!
For me that would make the game even more awesome ^_^
Old 2011-11-30, 10:44   Link #1272
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Wow, Ulfric sounds awesome. I would totally play JP-voice Skyrim, doubtful we'll have the chance but still...
Old 2011-11-30, 11:41   Link #1273
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Odd how people like JP-nized Western games/stuff, but when the opposite happens "it's barbaric! it sucks! I demand original voices! ONLY JP VA's CAN PROVIDE MORE EMOTION! blabla..."

Man...
Old 2011-11-30, 11:52   Link #1274
lightbringer
M9000

The Skyrim English VA cast is excellent though. Personally I want original voice-overs for any product, whether it's French or Chinese or Russian or Japanese is inconsequential. But there is a certain degree of Japanophilia in this hobby's followers, almost by definition .

FFXIII English voice-overs were quite good, however. Which is great since that game did not ship with Japanese voice-overs on the PS3.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 12:05   Link #1275
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Skyrim does have an excellent english VA cast, a vast improvement over Oblivion which in itself was very good.

Before Tong jumps to any more conclusions, I think a JP voiced Skyrim would be nice for a change. There's only so many times you can listen to the voice actor of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh say "OLFRIC, PATRON OF CLAN BATTLE BORN!" or the like, before it gets grating.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:09   Link #1276
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I like the English VAs this time around, as it's a VAST improvement over Oblivion. That said, it would be fun listening in to the Japanese voices, if only for variety. Kind of like how people like using the Japanese files for Crysis.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:11   Link #1277
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Odd how people like JP-nized Western games/stuff, but when the opposite happens "it's barbaric! it sucks! I demand original voices! ONLY JP VA's CAN PROVIDE MORE EMOTION! blabla..."

Man...
In America the perception is that voice actors are just actors who couldn't find work. And when there was a big budget voice acting role they just hire actual actors. In comparison voice acting is treated as a real career in Japan, even if they aren't paid as much as we like to think they do.

In short, Japan has a large pool of full time professional voice actors. While the West, when possible, just drag expensive actors into the job who might not have that kind of experience.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:23   Link #1278
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

After a few hours of play, my audio starts stuttering... restarting fixes == slow memory leak somewhere.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:53   Link #1279
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hey everyone, for end game assassin,should i go with:
  • dual dagger (x15 for sneak), problem is one-hand enchanted does not provide extra damage, and have short range, no extra skill
  • dual sword (x6 for sneak) +160% extra damage from enchantment (boot, gloves, necklace and ring), the one hand sword perks provides extra critical rate

The later is definitely better in my book, but need your opinions...
Old 2011-11-30, 13:01   Link #1280
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

The dual dagger build would be better with those Dark Brotherhood gloves, making dagger Sneak attacks x30 damage.

I have the Dual Sword build (over 1000 damage with dual smith/enchanted Daedric swords) and it's pretty godly.

I'm looking to swap to Sword+Shield though, there's such a thing as too much damage and I could use the damage mitigation of Block. Also I'm not really into Sneaky builds. If you've got a Sneaky build with Ebony Mail, Nightingale or some +Sneak armor, then you probably don't need to worry about such things XD

Anyways, of the two, Dual Daggers is the most effective for an Assassin. Does the most damage in the game (and is probably better for roleplaying, I'd imagine)

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim