Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 00:08   Link #661
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Everytime I see Valmet's naked body...it makes me cringe...=X
Seems to go with the territory of being butch

Anyone entertain the possibility that Koko is bisexual? Like some really screwed up version of Lady Gaga? Goodness knows she can be almost as much of a drama queen
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 01:36   Link #662
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Looks like a female version of Guts imo, muscle-wise anyway.

She'd look like a dude if she didn't have huge breasts.
True that ^

Valmet to me is very hot, she only getting away with this in the anime, though!

I hope Koko is bi-sexual. Its great that the anime didn't devote the majority of its time on Jonah.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:19   Link #663
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Has the Koko is Loco song been released yet? They've played a lot of it in one of the episodes.
OST is out like the 29th, I think. Then we'll have the Koko is Loco song.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:59   Link #664
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, finally managed to watch Ep 11. Sometimes I wonder what's the point when I'm invariably a few days behind everyone. That said:

I'm amused to hear Hyakume being the tired, too old for this shit Boss Dominic, though it's even more amusing if you recall that Kenji Fujiwara also voiced Ali Al-Saachez, who's like the complete opposite of Boss Dominic. His "Oh fuck" reaction to seeing who's on Koko's crew was also amusing. And I can't help but find his Only Sane Man feelings to be amusing, in contrast to Liliane and Grego, who're enjoying the death and destruction a bit too much.

...yknow, Daxinghai aside, for the most part it seems that Koko's crew is going up against psychos and shit. Would be really interesting to see how they fared against combat pragmatist professionals.

I don't quite like Valmet's hairstyle, but I can understand her reasoning; she's going back to settle unfinished business, she's going to lay the baggage of Major Sophia Velmer to rest, and so she cuts her hair to a length close to her old army hairstyle, and because long hair is a liability in CQC. It's also interesting to see that she's a military brat, from a long and distinguished line; grandfather was a Lt. General in the Winter War, father just got promoted to Chief of Staff, brother's a Lt. Colonel and CO of an elite regiment... and then this happened; even if the Board of Inquiry cleared her of any responsibility, her eye would probably have caused her to be medically retired. Though it looks like Valmet resigned her commission before that happened.

... also, despite having practically zero in the way of upper torso forward weight distribution, loli Koko is just as appealing as her older self. Even if she seems a bit colder.

... I wonder if Kaspar's the supplier for Balalaika's forces?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 21:23   Link #665
seiftis
~defying fate

Ep.11 to me is twice more interesting than any other episodes previously.

Hope there's a second and third season for this, to see the past for each of the members... not just Valmet and koko.
Old 2012-06-22, 22:58   Link #666
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
So, finally managed to watch Ep 11. Sometimes I wonder what's the point when I'm invariably a few days behind everyone. That said:

I'm amused to hear Hyakume being the tired, too old for this shit Boss Dominic, though it's even more amusing if you recall that Kenji Fujiwara also voiced Ali Al-Saachez, who's like the complete opposite of Boss Dominic. His "Oh fuck" reaction to seeing who's on Koko's crew was also amusing. And I can't help but find his Only Sane Man feelings to be amusing, in contrast to Liliane and Grego, who're enjoying the death and destruction a bit too much.

...yknow, Daxinghai aside, for the most part it seems that Koko's crew is going up against psychos and shit. Would be really interesting to see how they fared against combat pragmatist professionals.

I don't quite like Valmet's hairstyle, but I can understand her reasoning; she's going back to settle unfinished business, she's going to lay the baggage of Major Sophia Velmer to rest, and so she cuts her hair to a length close to her old army hairstyle, and because long hair is a liability in CQC. It's also interesting to see that she's a military brat, from a long and distinguished line; grandfather was a Lt. General in the Winter War, father just got promoted to Chief of Staff, brother's a Lt. Colonel and CO of an elite regiment... and then this happened; even if the Board of Inquiry cleared her of any responsibility, her eye would probably have caused her to be medically retired. Though it looks like Valmet resigned her commission before that happened.

... also, despite having practically zero in the way of upper torso forward weight distribution, loli Koko is just as appealing as her older self. Even if she seems a bit colder.

... I wonder if Kaspar's the supplier for Balalaika's forces?
Speaking of Black Lagoon, i finally read the translated version of that six-paged manga crossover between Koko and Revy. Boy was it hilarious!
Old 2012-06-22, 23:05   Link #667
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Yeah I read that the other day and I wondered about something...

Revy: ROOOCK! I HATE YOUU!

Rock: 0.0 What is it now? I wasn't even here all today!

Revy: EXACTLY! You have talked me out of buying all this useless shit today from that damn girl!

Rock: ...come again?
Old 2012-06-22, 23:27   Link #668
Sumeragi
Banned

What I still don't get is why Revy bought what she bought.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 03:04   Link #669
dfens

Their will be no 3rd season but their will be a second season which will cover volumes 7 to the last volume 11.

You will see a bit of the teams past bits and pieces but not Johah's. All in all I'm glad it at least ended instead of being in hiatus hell like Black Lagoon.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 05:22   Link #670
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What I still don't get is why Revy bought what she bought.....
It speaks volume about Koko's negotiating skill at selling things. .... any thing. Koko gets her way one way or the other.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 12:40   Link #671
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Video comments by Tamura Mutsumi (Jonah, left) and Itou Shizuka (Koko):
Spoiler for video:
Love Tamura-san's deep voice. They are promoting the day that the first volume of the BD/DVDs goes on sale (this Wednesday). Asked what the highlights of the show are, Tamura-san talks about the speed of things, and the way comedy slips naturally into the seriousness. She mentions Valmet's fighting, and her body (waving her hands to show it, and talking about the bikini). I think (not sure) Shizuka mentions Koko keeping her head.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 23:26   Link #672
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Jormungand: The noob.

The mangaka's showing this off at his blog. Not sure if it's a novel or something... But it's mentioned to have stories...

He said the publisher gave some to him. The blog post mentions they're complimentary copies. It's out though and Amazon Japan's selling them.

And I found a place where you can buy the patch. I'm tempted to shell out some money.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 12:24   Link #673
ookamigirl

A little more detail about Ugo this time.
The surprise attack was a failure.
Looks like that trio just didn't have what it takes to take out Koko's gang.
Valmet's little fun & games in the desert compound were totally an adrenaline high.
Looks like she finally managed to deal with her past face to face.
All is well that ends well and it this case it ended well ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 12:57   Link #674
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Is it sad that I was excited to see Dulles airport, just because I was able to recognize it?

Good end to the season. 8/10

I must say though, Koko kind of annoys me in the anime. Maybe it's her voice or stupid smile.
Old 2012-06-27, 14:15   Link #675
Jerseykid

oh no jonah voiced by a girl? my perceptions are forever shattered
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 14:38   Link #676
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well Jormungand's not the only one where a young boy's voiced by a woman.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-06-27, 15:44   Link #677
Bern-san

So this one is the last of this season? I was hoping to get 13 episodes...

Hmm so R goes to talk with that CIA guy, hope he doesn't betray Koko!
And for a moment I thought that Valmer was going to die, mainly because of the music
Old 2012-06-27, 16:54   Link #678
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

What a place to finish off for this cour, just before my favorite arc!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this, has been great fun to watch and only hope that conintues on in 2nd season.

Gonna miss Loco Koko and co.
Old 2012-06-27, 18:13   Link #679
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The Jormungand OST is out already...

Quote:
01 Jormungand
02 Time to Rock and roll
03 Jonathan
04 cul-de-sac
05 Hard drive music
06 H.W.Complex no’3
07 Colmar
08 Insert
09 H.W.Complex No’4
10 “Cogito,ergo sum”
11 Masala Dosa
12 Mad symphony
13 The crafty jewelry
14 Poached egg
15 Mania Butterfly
16 Lamento
17 Essentia
18 Alligator
19 MIM-40-12
20 H.W.Complex no’5
21 Rock’n roll boobs
22 Tristeza
23 Meu mundo amor
24 Time to attack
Recommended tracks to check out: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2012-06-27 at 18:24.
Old 2012-06-27, 18:19   Link #680
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The Jormungand OST is out already...

Recommend tracks to check out: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
And here I was just wondering about it. Thanks!

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen