Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 10:18   Link #41
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcerman
Yes, but Kanon was able to stand up after Rhadamathys Greatest caution and didnt look wounded..he was without any scratch.....Does it mean that Kanon is much more powerful than the other Golden Saints??? Maybe stronger than Saga and Shaka..? and i am interested how strong will be Dhoko??

Kanon was considered by Milo to have the power to pulverized him if he wanted to (refer to Chapter where Milo is doing the Scarlet Needle to Kannon) However this do not means that Kanon is above everyone, Ikki, In the Poseidom Chapter also did the observation that Compared to Saga, he wasn’t that strong, Even Kanon himself, when Attacked by Saga, was amused By what He could do.

Now regarding Radahmantis attack to Kannon, remember that Kannon have the Gold Cloth on, this are the Strongest cloth, so this give the Gold Saint a lot of protection.

If you want to have a much clear notions of the Gold Saints power level, and who is stronger than who, Reading the G-Episodes should help a lot: the strongest gold Saints in the series so far has been (No specific order): Shion, Dhoko, Aioros, Saga, kannon, Shaka, Mu.

The others are not that far in terms of power.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 13:11   Link #42
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Milo didn't say that kanon could pulverize him if he wanted to. He said that Kanon COULD defeat him if he was willing to fight. That's a big difference, meaning that both of them are in equal ground.

As for the strongest gold saints I think they are: Shaka, saga and dokho. As for, Kanon, Mu, aioria, Milo, kamus and capricorn they are all about the same level of power.

---------------------------

As for Kanon being able to stand against ramadanthys attack was due the fact that he wasn't affected by the magic shield that surrounded the castle, which greatly decreases the powers of outsiders, as stated by Kanon and ramadanthys when they fought. Had the conditions been different ramanthys wouldnt have a chance agains milo, aioria and mu combinied.
Old 2006-01-31, 13:53   Link #43
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Milo didn't say that kanon could pulverize him if he wanted to. He said that Kanon COULD defeat him if he was willing to fight. That's a big difference, meaning that both of them are in equal ground. .

As for the strongest gold saints I think they are: Shaka, saga and dokho. As for, Kanon, Mu, aioria, Milo, kamus and capricorn they are all about the same level of power.
Pulverized was a big remark from my part, but the fact still, that Even Kanon Having received almost all of Milo’s Needles and not going insane, and still MILO doing this remark, tells you that Kanon was indeed superior to MILO, now Imagine Kanon without receiving the Scarlet Needles, with A Gold Cloth and willing to attack Milo.

So no, they are not in equal grounds. Aioros (The Sagitarius Saint just in case) BTW as shown in the G-Episode, He is far Stronger than your average, indeed we can say he is on equal with SAGA. He was though to be Shion replacement and Kurumada have a soft spot for Him and Seiya (both, as him are born under Saggitarius !)

I also accept Mu to be in another level, because he has some abilities that are difficult to match like teh Staelight Extintion or the Stardus revolutions, wich are both of then a instant Kill atack, also, if you put Dohko in you list you have to put Shion, it was very well implied that they were equal.

Quote:
As for Kanon being able to stand against ramadanthys attack was due the fact that he wasn't affected by the magic shield that surrounded the castle, which greatly decreases the powers of outsiders, as stated by Kanon and ramadanthys when they fought. Had the conditions been different ramanthys wouldnt have a chance agains milo, aioria and mu combinied.
The fact that Kanon was not wounded at all, and The Shield been a factor of power reduction for the 3 golds, are not related, the reason why he could received this Attack and not been wounded is directly tied to the Gold Cloth, as in later chapters it is made clear.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-02-01 at 08:28.
Old 2006-02-01, 19:00   Link #44
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Milo wasnt fighting kanon seriously, he was testing him. He wanted to see how much punishment he was able to take without regreting saying that he was loyal to athena.

When the 3 gold saints fought randamantys under the magic shield they were fighting with only 1/10 of their powers, as it was clearly explained in the manga. Kanon was not wounded by his attack because he was able to move at the speed of light, and then he commented that he felt much lighter than when he was at the castle. Randamthys replied that there was no need for a magic barrier in the underworld because the only thing that they expect is dead people.

The bronzee siants on the other hand, were able to fight with all their might because their armor was covered by athenas blood, which is able to counter the effects of the shield. This is also explained in the manga as well. Kanon isn't superior to any of the 3 gold saints due to these reasons.

As for Sagitarious and shion being one of the most powerful saints, I agree with you. But unfortunately, I can't take them into account because they belong to the past of saint seiya.
Old 2006-02-02, 09:53   Link #45
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Milo wasnt fighting kanon seriously, he was testing him. He wanted to see how much punishment he was able to take without regreting saying that he was loyal to athena.
Even if he was not serious, this is totally irrelevant from Milo statement, and that was exactly as you said that Kanon could Kill him if he wanted too, taken in consideration his injury that he had at that Time, in addition with no Intention to fight or a Gold Cloth to cover his body. Not to mention that Kanon have every single attack Saga uses, Including the GenRooKen, used on Radhamanthis (manga only) and on Lune and that it was used By Saga to control Aioria a gold Saint.

Saga maybe stronger than Kanon but their power level are not that far away, in fact, Saga was ocunting on Kanon to be his replacement, if anything should happen to him.

Quote:
When the 3 gold saints fought randamantys under the magic shield they were fighting with only 1/10 of their powers, as it was clearly explained in the manga. Kanon was not wounded by his attack because he was able to move at the speed of light, and then he commented that he felt much lighter than when he was at the castle. Randamthys replied that there was no need for a magic barrier in the underworld because the only thing that they expect is dead people.
Please read carefully the Manga, After this attack you mentioned, Radamathis used his greatest caution that hit Kanon, Part of the reason Kanon was not Killed or partially Injured was because he is protected by the Gold Cloth, So again for the 3rd Time, the reason why Kaaon could be hit by this and not getting Injured or killed–that was the question of the original poster mind you-was because the Gold Cloth protection and not the power level.

Spoiler for future events:

Still not convinced? The 3 Gold Saints where defeated, but they were not killed By Radhamantis, in fact, the Gold Cloth where left undamaged, and those 3 where thrown alive to the Hades Hole.

If you still want more, just let me know.

Quote:
he bronzee siants on the other hand, were able to fight with all their might because their armor was covered by athenas blood, which is able to counter the effects of the shield. This is also explained in the manga as well. Kanon isn't superior to any of the 3 gold saints due to these reasons.
Huh? The fact that the bronze saints clothe where covered in blood does not have anything to do, with Kanon power level so I really don’t get why you bring this up.

Quote:
As for Sagitarious and shion being one of the most powerful saints, I agree with you. But unfortunately, I can't take them into account because they belong to the past of saint seiya.
Hmmmm, They still are amongst the strongest shown, is the same if I say that Saga is no longer in the strongest list because he is dead.
Old 2006-02-04, 09:56   Link #46
Kiramisu

I am wondering, how will the other Saints cross over the River now that boat guy is.....

Spoiler:

Kiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:40   Link #47
vcerman

To>KIRAMISU

They started from differrent places. Seiya,Shun started in front of Styx(river)....Kanon,Shiryu,Hyoga had more luck ,because after they jumped into the abbys they were spit out somewhere behind first prison(and Dhoko somewhere else).....this is not 12 temples journey so there is no need to keep the same way for everyone... but there is a differrent thing that really disappointed me.....Hades Spectres are TOTAL LOOSERS .....ArchonVsSeiya..comic,easy...OK first fight,warm up for Seiya,interesting arena.....LuneVsSeiya,Shun..quite interesting,good Lune's voice,easy thing for Kanon...Rhadam.VsKanon..YES..but not real fight..waiting for next confrontation, PharaoVsSeiya,Shun...some bad animated doggy(it is Cerberos-wasn't it some silver saint before??),another music attack??..oh NO...then came Orpheus and....YES..nice Orpheus&Euridike story(came from greek mythology), nice music contest but...when it was getting cool(i mean that heart attack on Pharao)...>next picture and Pharao without a scratch(censored??)...and then came most disapponting phase...ShiryuVsGolem....HyogaVs another looser.....why so short,where is some background,Spectres motivation(i mean, why they are fighting for Hades..how they came to the Underworld...who were they before became Spectres ).........I hope next fights will be better....and also animation should be improved.

Last edited by vcerman; 2006-02-05 at 07:19.
vcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 16:50   Link #48
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Concerning the first two ovas, basically they messed up all the show.

- The opening was hell of a gay opening for Saint Seiya, it doesn't fit at all with the typical music the show allways had.

- The new seyuus, seems to be the only positive aspect about the new ova, they tried hard to aproximate the ancient seyuus and really achieved that, if you listen closely, only that way you can say that the guy behind seiya it's the same guy behind Ichigo in Bleach. Shun in the other hand, became even more sissy.

- The animation seems to be ever cheaper than it was 20 years ago (well, not that much but...), I mean, the characters hardly moves at all. It should have followed the footsteps of the sanctuary chapter animation instead.

- Colour - the overall colour is too brigt, too much lively colours for a show called inferno.

- Blood - inexistent. C'mon, Saint Seiya is/was a brutal and violent show and pretty bloody, it showed blood in almost every episode ('nuff said).
It makes me think that they want to change this show to a kidies show (they also did that with the PS2 game!).

In conclusion, as a longtime fan, Knowing Saint seiya for more than 15 years now and having read the manga, I became pretty much desilusioned with these new OVAs of Saint Seiya, I feel almost like wanting to kill the entire damn cast.

Am I alone in this line of thought?

BTW, it seems that the second round has already been released, I'm leeching the 2 OVAs by the time of this post, just hope that the files doesn't comes in a weird language and comes in english.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 18:45   Link #49
unwill

I am a little dissapointed. The show was so much better before. When did Seiya became such a brat? And the fights is too short. I didn't like the ichigo voice either...

It suprices me that there isnt more group subbing this , I hoped that several groups would compete in speed and quality ... the show did indeed had tons of fans.
unwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 22:09   Link #50
Rurik
Golden

Ragnarokr, regarding the blood and gore, I think they are trying to make the Series a little more accesible to young age people, thus, a lot of the good stuff is just not included, I know how you fill about it..but Shonen Manga has been animated like this as of late...
Old 2006-02-06, 17:52   Link #51
Jack W.

Well, I was pretty happy with what I saw. Oddly, some of the very things that others found disappointing, I found refreshing -- though I can understand why others would disagree with me.

As for the new voice actors, it was as I expected -- different from the original ones, yet they did a good job. (Though I too would not have minded if Shun had become less sissified rather than the opposite....)

As for Seiya being bratty, I've long thought that he could potentially be that way, and that there were opportunities for humor as a result. I'm thinking of one of the few funny moments in the TV series, when the normally restrained Hyoga hurried to clap his hand over Seiya's mouth after they had learned about the Steel Saints -- and right in front of Saori, Seiya launched into a speech along the lines of, "Gee, and all this time I thought your grandfather was just a mean old man who always mmpht --" "Hey, watch your mouth, Seiya!"

Indeed, the whole show has been so serious up until now, that I didn't mind some attempts at comic relief, since I figure the tearjerker parts are bound to come soon enough. Particularly where Seiya was screaming at the top of his lungs at the judge who wanted things quiet -- with Shun playing the role of the straight man. "WAKATTA KAAAAAAAAAAAA???!!!" (echo echo echo)

I am also happy about the setup of hell being apparently similar to what Dante envisioned in Inferno, since I have loved that book for years. Though I do admit yelling at Seiya after his fight with the ferryman: "Nice going, doofus. Now how are all the nice dead people supposed to cross the river?"

I will admit that I found Seiya calling the ferryman "baaaa-ka" a little unnecessary, but still funny and not necessarily out of character. Like the new opening theme, I looked at it as attempts to find some balance between bringing the show into the year 2006, and maintaining the original flavor.

I also didn't care for
Spoiler:
All in all, I'll look forward to the next installment.
Jack W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 22:47   Link #52
saintric_21

Totally agree with you guys, isnt it amazing that before they were released everyone was like oh no the new dubbing cast is gonna ruin it but in fact i think they do a great job especially seiya.The animation really sucks some times its a mixture of great scenes and drawings then they go and ruin it with things like 'the kanon shiryu hyoga running scene' i mean what was everyone out on lunch break and the cleaning lady finished it off for them??

but anyway the new Inferno chapter is ok and your comment about it being too colourful for a hell chapter is so right.I the watched Hades Juuni kyu hen chapter the other day and forgot how great it was really Saint Seiya in its prime after a long time away great voices great acting great music ect ect but also it is so DARK and Mysterious really everything Inferno is not
saintric_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:11   Link #53
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
After watch the 4 new ovas, i can say i'm really disappointed. It's obviously very low budget - and boring. I don't know, looks more like a fan homage than a professional release.
New seiyuus are mostly ok, except for Shun. His new one just kills the character. Ugh.
That's really sad, but i'm still crossing my fingers for a nice ending with parts 5 and 6.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:35   Link #54
gibits
Endless

Could someone PM me as to where I can download these? The tracker for animesuki is down. Thanks in advance
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 23:36   Link #55
saintric_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Could someone PM me as to where I can download these? The tracker for animesuki is down. Thanks in advance
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=saint+seiya

look on there
Old 2006-02-16, 08:39   Link #56
Psycho_Kenshin

I'm loving these new episodes. By the way, anyone know what the Saint Seiya Hades Sanctuary "Special" episode on Animesuki is?
Psycho_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:42   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin
I'm loving these new episodes. By the way, anyone know what the Saint Seiya Hades Sanctuary "Special" episode on Animesuki is?
It is recap.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 20:44   Link #58
masterhex

when 18 and 19 ova gonna out? isnt it tommorow? hehe cant wait
masterhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 21:06   Link #59
masterhex

anyone has sub for 18 and 19? english sub i mean
masterhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 20:34   Link #60
saintric_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhex
anyone has sub for 18 and 19? english sub i mean
This website is amazing masterhex it has subtitles in english for every saint seiya episode,film,trailer and of course for all 6 of the inferno chapters!!

http://www.seiya-subtitles.net/main.php

I really enjoyed episodes 5 and 6 the storys just starting to get interesting and I think after Kurumada has finished spending on Ring ne Kakero (which sucks ass)
I think more effort will go into the next batch of episodes and of course the movie of Elisyion and the animators will have more time to do the job and not make mistakes like the famous 'Kanon' screenshot thats going around the web at the moment which is the perfect example of a rush job on the new saint seiya episodes so far