AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 66 70.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-13, 21:07   Link #21
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm starting to think the woman with the blue scissor blade still exists. But lets see where the story goes.
Nui said she was sent by Ragyo to kill Isshin. Since she loves trolling Ryuko, I don't think she's lying.
Old 2014-02-13, 21:08   Link #22
bakaouji

Episode was great except for the dumb contrivance where they reveal that Ryuko and Satsuki are sisters AFTER they divulge that Ragyo had disposed of her first daughter after a seemingly failed experiment in the very same episode. Its a cheap and ineffective twist that capped off an otherwise great episode filled with some nice action sequences and other ridiculous reveals.
Old 2014-02-13, 21:23   Link #23
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Episode was great except for the dumb contrivance where they reveal that Ryuko and Satsuki are sisters AFTER they divulge that Ragyo had disposed of her first daughter after a seemingly failed experiment in the very same episode. Its a cheap and ineffective twist that capped off an otherwise great episode filled with some nice action sequences and other ridiculous reveals.
Second daughter. Satsuki was a year old. Ryuko was a newborn.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-02-13, 21:33   Link #24
thedonkiluminati

Thoughts watching this episode: HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!
Old 2014-02-13, 22:32   Link #25
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Sister team up followed by matricide.

Make it happen TRIGGER! You'll find the way!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-02-13, 22:40   Link #26
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Well...that was quite the episode.

Can't say the reveal surprised me as it became obvious after the second daughter was mentioned and was continually confirmed by Ryuko's dialogue with Senketsu about how they were completely synchronized and then finally with the discussion about how Satsuki was forcibly using Junketsu. Still, it was pretty well executed to say the least.

Was it weird, though, that I was still expecting Sanageyama to get Yamcha'd again?

Oh well, it was weird to hear Yukarin voicing a character panicking as I have never heard that before...Nanoha, Fear, Rika, etc. have never panicked before so, it was definitely interesting...
Old 2014-02-13, 22:44   Link #27
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. Satsuki chewing the scenary for five minutes while the series still displayed it's ridiculous style of kanji, random lights, etc. helped to keep the mood. When Satsuki started running towards her mother it also was funny as heck because it took a lot of time actually perform a slash. Akiuro got time for a nudist joke, Gamagori X Mako shippers were happy, and the new villains are so ridiculous the series kept its tone.

One thing that bothered me was the amount of overthetop gore. Ryuko opened her head and then got heart taken. Of course she won't die but that's pretty much Bleach levels of plot armor. It makes me stop caring about the suspence considering it's obvious the MC will survive to everything.

Also, is it safe to say that Satsuki dies next week? The only image I got from the preview is Sanageyama on a rainy day. Rainy days are often exploited for sad scenes so.... ;_;
Old 2014-02-13, 23:04   Link #28
Knightrunner

^^^
If Satsuki dies next episode I'll rage all week.

This anime will win best show of the year once Ryuko calls Satsuki Onee-san.
Old 2014-02-13, 23:12   Link #29
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I'm looking forward for some awesome Yuri but we got WINCEST instead.

Imaishi and Trigger are GOAT.
Old 2014-02-13, 23:26   Link #30
zero7090

mwhuaaaaa i was right
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Ryuko's father is Satsuki's father

and dat ahoge became a razor
Old 2014-02-13, 23:56   Link #31
Elestia

Welp, Satsuki's Bakuzan broke, guess we finally know the reason why the scissors were constantly separated up till this point.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:10   Link #32
LightDragonman

Man, that was one heck of a Wham Episode. And here I thought Madoka Magica was the king of them in terms of anime. XD

Also, anyone else reminded of Steven Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising thanks to Ragyo's abilities?
Old 2014-02-14, 00:35   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Can you say "wham?"

Satsuki's beatdown was brutal. Nice touch with having one of Ragyo's hands still covered in blood after she stripped Satsuki. Little things like that. And of course Ragyo still managed to touch Satsuki inappropriately while fighting her.

It was nice to see Nui's usual demeanor cracked when Ryuko gained the upper hand on her. Speaking of Ryuko, that was pretty balls to the wall reaching inside her own head to snatch that fiber out. Also pretty funny to see her red forelock slice that fiber.

Can't wait for next week.

Now I get what people were talking about when it came to mood whiplash. I didn't really feel it last week, but everything that went down this episode only to end with that super-happy ending theme. Geez.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:37   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Man everybody is accurately predicting the hell out of this show, though of course that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.~

Though I am wondering how Ryuko managed to live considering the flashback implied she died in the experiment. Also, I'm not sure whether or not Souichirou and Isshin are the same person; but I'm going to go with saying they're different for now and that Isshin is Ryuko's adoptive father.

I guess it makes sense that Junketsu is actually Ragyo's, so does that mean Junketsu can communicate with her like Senketsu does with Ryuko?

As usual I can't wait for next week, and it seems it'll be an episode focusing on the Elite Four.~
Old 2014-02-14, 00:43   Link #35
HandofFate

damn, the sister reveal wasn't a big surprise, but the things leading up to it was intense.

Did not expect Ryuko's heart to be ripped out.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:58   Link #36
MCAL

Now that's more like it Kill la Kill. More of this please.
Old 2014-02-14, 01:31   Link #37
Esclair

Satsuki's decapitation attack was beyond awesome. Too bad it didn't work though.

Last edited by Esclair; 2014-02-14 at 02:06.
Old 2014-02-14, 01:43   Link #38
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
damn, the sister reveal wasn't a big surprise, but the things leading up to it was intense.

Did not expect Ryuko's heart to be ripped out.
It was to confirm that she was her daughter.
Old 2014-02-14, 01:53   Link #39
BoyTitan

Well a crap ton of things were obvious reveals the practically told us Satsuki was using junkentsu wrong. The fact they were sisters was made clear also. But there is two major things I did not exspect.

Satsukis mom is borderline godlike with out a godrobe what in the blue hell. And for 2 she also is uning life fiber override instead of synchronize this just confirms her lust of power is what corrupted the original life fiber.

Satsuki got trashed I know it such a cliche but man this series has several things in common to dbz character relations if you go buy the frieza arc. Satsuki is just pretty much vageta at this point her mom is frieza and Ryoko is a more bad ass version of Goku.

So wait tho what exactly was Satsuki doing wrong if her mom also uses over ride was she just not ready to use Junketsu that is the vibe the show is giving which pretty much sucks.
Old 2014-02-14, 02:02   Link #40
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Well a crap ton of things were obvious reveals the practically told us Satsuki was using junkentsu wrong. The fact they were sisters was made clear also. But there is two major things I did not exspect.

Satsukis mom is borderline godlike with out a godrobe what in the blue hell. And for 2 she also is uning life fiber override instead of synchronize this just confirms her lust of power is what corrupted the original life fiber.

Satsuki got trashed I know it such a cliche but man this series has several things in common to dbz character relations if you go buy the frieza arc. Satsuki is just pretty much vageta at this point her mom is frieza and Ryoko is a more bad ass version of Goku.

So wait tho what exactly was Satsuki doing wrong if her mom also uses over ride was she just not ready to use Junketsu that is the vibe the show is giving which pretty much sucks.
In the flashback it confirms that Satsuki is incompatible with Life Fibers. Plus, even if she was compatible she'd just be taken over by Junketsu. So all this time she was forcibly wearing Junketsu which can only bring out a small portion of its true powers. Ragyu can utilize its full power because she's already fully merged with life fibers, just like Ryuko.
Closed Thread